Back to Square One

P2PaigeTew

As I stare at myself in the mirror, I don't even recognize the reflection. I'm a married woman, and I can't g... Еще

Characters
Preface
Chapter One: Silas
Chapter Two: Annika
Chapter Three: Silas
Chapter Four: Annika
Chapter Five: Silas
Chapter Six: Annika
Chapter Seven: Silas
Chapter Eight: Annika
Chapter Nine: Silas
Chapter Ten: Annika
Chapter Eleven: Silas
Chapter Twelve: Annika
Chapter Thirteen: Silas
Chapter Fourteen: Annika
Chapter Fifteen: Silas
Chapter Sixteen: Annika
Chapter Seventeen: Silas
Chapter Eighteen: Annika
Chapter Nineteen: Silas
Chapter Twenty: Annika
Chapter Twenty-One: Silas
Chapter Twenty-Two: Annika
Chapter Twenty-Three: Silas
Chapter Twenty-Four: Annika
Chapter Twenty-Five: Silas
Chapter Twenty-Six: Annika
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Silas
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Annika
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Silas
Chapter Thirty: Annika
Chapter Thirty-One: Silas
Chapter Thirty-Two: Annika
Chapter Thirty-Three: Silas
Chapter Thirty-Four: Annika
Chapter Thirty-Five: Silas
Chapter Thirty-Six: Annika
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Silas
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Silas
Chapter Forty: Annika
Chapter Forty-One: Silas
Chapter Forty-Two: Annika
Chapter Forty-Three: Silas
Chapter Forty-Four: Annika
Chapter Forty-Five: Silas
Chapter Forth-Six: Annika
Chapter Forty-Seven: Silas
Chapter Forty-Eight: Annika

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Annika

185 6 0
P2PaigeTew

"Congratulations on getting your memories back."

"Thank you, Dr. Owens."

"How did it happen?"

"Silas and I got into a fight. There was a room upstairs that was always locked. I wanted to know what he was hiding. I rammed it in and saw the nursery. During my accident, I had a miscarriage, and when I saw the nursery, my memories came back."

"Did you know about the miscarriage?"

"No. Silas was trying to protect me from it. He didn't want to hurt me more then I was already hurting. I get it, and I'm not mad at him. I am sad that he had to go through that all alone." Jamie told me about to sleeping aids he would take because he couldn't sleep. My heart hurts thinking about him alone, devastated, in bed. "And then after having to deal with me on top of it."

"How did he manage with you?"

"He was wonderful." I smile at the stuff we did, the fun we had. "I got to fall in love with the love of my life all over again. Who else gets to say that."

"How did your memories reveal themselves to you."

"It was in rapid flashes. You know how dreams feel long, but they say they are only really 15 seconds?" He nods. "It's like that. Short burst and flashes that felt long but went by so fast, like a dream. Dream after dream after dream. But it was memories. I'm just lucky because my life, for the most part, has been a dream come true."

Silas, my dream come true, is in the lobby waiting for me when I get out. He is on his phone playing solitaire. "Hey, babe."

He pulls me into his lap, not caring what the other people in the lobby think. "How was it?" I love that smile. I love him so much.

I shrug. "Fine... I'll be honest therapy really isn't my thing, I don't want to come again."

He kisses my temple. "You don't have to. I just wanted to make sure you were okay after everything thing week."

"I want to close this chapter and start our next. This is just a story that I'll tell our kids one day." I pull him to his feet. I want to get out of here. I've had enough hospitals for a while. "Are you okay?"

"I have an amazing wife. I'm perfect."

"Trying to get brownie points are ya?" He smirks and wiggles his eyebrows at me. "I love you."

"I love you too, babe. We gotta get home, Bianca and Jamie will be there soon."

When we get home, Jamie and Bianca are pulling up, perfect timing. "Hi, it's nice to meet you. I'm Bianca." She pulls me in for a hug on the driveway. She is gorgeous. I might have a little crush on her. Her skin is clear and creamy; it looks so soft. She has big brown eyes... good job, Jamie.

"I'm Annika," I wrap my arm around Silas, "this is my husband, Silas."

"It's nice to meet you, Bianca."

We lead the way in the house, Bianca looking around, taking it in. "You guys have a lovely home." Silas gives Jamie a wink and a thumbs up when she can't see.

Jamie goes upstairs to help Silas put in the new door because I broke the last one. We already fixed the frame. "How are you doing, Annika? Jamie told me everything about you; I feel like I already know you."

"I'm great. So you know about the accident?" She nods. "Yeah, well, I got my memories back this week. It's been a whirlwind. I'm lucky to have Silas."

"He is very handsome." Damn straight. Silas is a fucking God. "You, too, will have beautiful children." As long as I can keep it...

"So, how do you and Jamie meet exactly?" I say, changing the subject.

"I'm a nurse at the hospital. He would visit Silas and you while you were under. I ran into him in the hall one day. After that, he stalked me until I gave in."

"Not true!" Jamie yells, coming down the stairs. That was a fast assembly. "You were all over me."

"That's not..." She blushes, "whatever."

"You should know you are the first girl in his 26 years that he has brought over to meet the family."

"Nik stop hounding her so we can go."

We share a look as we walk to the car. "How long have you been in St. Augustine?"

"I moved here in February, so not long." The guys take the front since we are taking the mustang, not a ton of legroom in the back. "I was lives in Coral Springs before."

"That's far." Four hours south of here, close to Miami. "What brought you up here."

"Fresh start." She pauses, she doesn't have to tell me. But I'll make sure she knows she can by the time this evening is over. "I don't know anyone here, and I had never been here."

"Have you done any of the history stuff here?"

"Not till I met Jamie. We have done the lighthouse, the fort, he gave me a tour of the college and Flagler's church. Oh! We also did the Ridleys Museum and the Lightner Museum." Jamie turns around and winks at her, her cheek brighten. I love seeing Jamie like this. "I really love the history here. It's such a cute place."

"I'm glad we get to take you to the jail and the fountain of youth. After that, you've done all the big stuff."

As we drive down Magnolia Ave. She looks up at the best view; this is why we took the stang. This street is one of my favorites. Oaks and Spanish moss canopy us. "It's so stunning." We pull into the fountain of youth. "Look at that white peacock! He is so beautiful!"

_______________

"So, what did you think of Bianca?" Silas asks me as he joins me in bed. He pulls me to him, and I bury my face in his neck. He smells so good, like home.

"I liked her a lot. She's so sweet and fun." I hook my leg over his hip. "Easy on the eyes too."

"Are you going to leave me for her?" I know I started this joke, but I don't like it.

"Ha ha, very funny." I kiss his neck. "I could never leave you. I love you too damn much."

"You know what we need?" A baby...

"What?"

"A vacation. We have earned it after the last few months we have had."

"I don't know that I do, but you definitely do." He has been my rock. I feel like I don't deserve him sometimes. He is just so good.

He moans as I suck his earlobe into my mouth. "It wouldn't be a vacation if you weren't there, that would be hell."

"Lets put a pin of that for now. Maybe in the summer."

"Okay..." I move so that I'm straddling him. "I just feel like we should celebrate."

"Celebrate by knocking me up." Heat takes over my body because of the dirty look he is giving me as he pulls his lower lip between his teeth.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
August 2017

"You're home!" I squeal when Silas comes through the door. I love it when he comes home for lunch. He hands me a white envelope. "What's this?"

"A surprise." I tear it open, and there are three plane tickets to the Manchester Airport in New Hampshire. "We are staying in a cabin in the white mountains for a week."

"We're running from the hurricane?"

"Yes. Jamie and Bianca are coming too." They just got married last month after only four months of dating. They are crazy. "They are in the cabin next to us."

"This red eye is tonight?"

"Pack your bags. We need to leave in 5 hours."

Getting through the airport was hell. Everyone and their brother are leaving because of the hurricane. Our parents are Scotland visiting Sofia. She just started dating someone and isn't leaving. Stupid bastard stole my sister from me.

Silas wraps a blanket around us once we are in our seat. First-class was full, so he got us three tickets in couch so that we would have the whole row to ourselves. Silas is at the window, and I lean against him, feeling his heart drum against my cheek.

His hand slides up my dress under the blanket. "Want to join the mile high club?" He whispers in my ear.

"No way we will fit in that bathroom."

"No, we won't. But that doesn't mean I can't get you off right here right now."

His fingers swirl against my tender flesh. "What if someone sees?"

"It's a red-eye. Everyone is asleep." He teases me. I just want some of him in me. I'll take anything at this point, but I can't have it. I grip his thigh as my high moves through me—his free hand clamps over my mouth as I finish.

"You're turning." I take him in my hand and pump his hard cock.

"Christ." He moans quietly. I love the satisfaction that spreads across his face. He looks so entranced in the pressure only I give him. And that only I will ever give him.

I know he is close. "Tell me when you're coming." He nods, biting his lip as he hides his face in my shoulder—the muscles of his thighs tense next to mine.

"I'm..." his voice breaks as he tries to stay quiet. "I'm..."

I look around, and everyone around us is asleep—no flight attendants insight. I pull the blanket over my head and suck on his cock; I suck on him like a straw till he has nothing left to give.

I come back up from under the blanket, resting my head on his shoulder. He lifts his hand up and I high five it. "That was awesome."

"Yeah, it was." I look back at Jamie and Bianca, a few rows behind us. Both pasted out. "That's the last time I'll waste sperm till I'm pregnant."

"You said that last week when I came in your ass."

"I mean it this time."

______________

"Annika, open the door."

"Do you think it's sexy when one vomits."

"Hell yeah."

"Ugh." I unlock the door, "Come in." Soon after he comes in, I start vomiting again. He holds my hair up for me. "I'm ruining our trip. I thought that the chicken looked funny." We have been in the cabin all of 30 minutes before I start upchucking my lunch.

"I am going to go to that shop at the corner and get you some ginger ail and saltines. I'll be back soon." That shop is so close he will be back in ten minutes.

"Okay." I know this sickness. It's a good thing I always keep a test in my purse.

I pee into a red plastic cup, dip the test in it, and put the cap on it. I dumped the rest in the toilet and threw away the container. 

I stare at the test—two more minutes. I can't let Silas see this if I'm wrong.

"Hello?"

"Come next door." I hang up before she can say anything. A few minutes later, she walks through the door.

"What's up?"

"Silas went to the store."

"I know he took Jamie with him."

"I think I'm pregnant. I need you to get rid of the stick if I'm wrong. I don't want Silas to see it if I'm wrong." He has seen enough negative tests for a lifetime.

"Go take it!"

"I already did." I look at the clock. "I'm scared to see the results."

"Do you want me to look at it?"

"No. I got it."

I hold it in my hands with my eyes closed. I let out a heavy breath. "Okay." I open my eyes and freeze.

PREGNANT

"What does it say?"

"I'm pregnant." I choke out. I fear to lose this one too. I don't know if I can take more losses.

"They're back. I'll leave so you can have a minute with Silas." She squeezes my shaking hand. "I'm so happy for you. Don't be scared, okay?" I nod, and she's gone.

"Hey, bab... what wrong? Why are you crying?"

I did even know that I was.

He pulls the test out of my hand. "Good tears?"

"Some of the best tears of my life."

"You were brought into this world to create. You are on the cusp of your greatest creation." I back away from him with a frown. "Baby don't retreat to your head; let me in."

"If I lose this one, I'm done. I can't handle losing any more babies."

"We'll keep this one, I just know it." I let him wrap me in his strong, succor arms. "What shall we call the baby?"

"I'm getting little boy vibes... Ezra?"

"I like it, but it's not something gender-neutral, are you sure it's not a girl?"

"No. It's a boy." I just know it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Bianca

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Being Mrs Scuderi (On Hold) heidi

Любовные романы

12.9K 719 22
I watch her as she unzips her dress from the side and slowly peeling it off her skin and letting it fall on the floor. She hesitates but starts walki...
Second No More, a novel Imagination Girl

Любовные романы

672K 18.9K 33
I've dreamed of the perfect marriage ever since I was a little girl: a marriage complete with a hardworking husband while I tended to the home and ou...
Captivating The Uncrowned Prince CamillaEldridge

Художественная проза

876K 26.1K 51
I was about to move out from the bed, when I realize I was all naked! I grabbed the thin white bedding and wrap it around me. "Where are my clothes...
Arranged patootie_cute

Любовные романы

140K 4.9K 24
So many thoughts were running through my mind as Liam and I stood there, face-to-face, ready to do something that could escalate my like for him or e...