In a Month āœ“

By ishitabhattbhatt

[FEATURED]Thrown together on a one month long honeymoon, Vansh and Ahaana had to live under one roof in an ap... More

In A Month
character aesthetics + playlist.
Prologue
Day 1 Arrival
Day 2 Break-fast
Day 3 Softie
Day 4 Lunch
Day 5 Blunder
Day 7 Sofa
Day 8 Annoying
Day 9 Reassurance
Day 10 Sink
Day 11 Like
Day 12 Feelings
Day 13 Alcohol
Day 14 Creep
Day 15 Kisses
Day 16 Books
Day 17 Fever
Day 18 Date
Day 19 Scars
Day 20 Piku
Day 21 Play
Day 22 Clothes
Day 23 Love
Day 24 Proposal
Day 25 Date
Day 26 One
Day 27 Room
Day 28 Shopping
Day 29 Understand
Day 30 Departure
Epilogue
Day 248 Bonus 1
Day 2000 Bonus 2
Deleted/Replaced Part Day 18
spin-off, other books and thank you note

Day 6 Sorry

15.4K 1K 64
By ishitabhattbhatt

Day 6

The sunlight falling on my face forced me to pull the blanket over my face in order to sleep comfortably in bed without any problem. I sighed blocking the sunlight. But the relief was short-lived. It went away as soon as it came.

The realization hit me square in the face. I was in bed, still in yesterday's clothes. I did not have time to think about how I ended up here. I stood up. More like I yanked myself off the bed and dashed to Vansh's room only to find it empty.

"Vansh" I called but there was no response. The possibility of him being in the bathroom was ruled out. I walked towards the living room and then the kitchen calling his name.

The silence is the only response I got. I was able to smell delicious food from the kitchen. I thought that he must be there, just not responding just because he was angry.

Hope bloomed in my chest. It was almost like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.

I entered the kitchen but soon my heart deflated after finding the kitchen empty. On the table, a plate was covering another one with a sticky note on it. I walked to the table and removed it from the plate to read it.

Good Morning Ahaana,

I am going for some important work,

Won't be back soon.

I will come back late at night

Don't wait for me, eat all your meals

I already made you breakfast

-Vansh :)

He went. He went without talking. But could I really blame him?

It was all my fault. But he could have once listened to me. He could have talked to me once. I did not feel hungry anymore, instead, my stomach churned, and felt uneasy. I took the plate and shoved it in the fridge.

I went to my room to check the time. It was at half-past seven. He went really early just to avoid talking to me. I decided to take a bath so that I can think clearly and don't remain dirty.

I stood under the shower to wash away all the negative thoughts.

****

This morning I was on the bed, while the last thing I remembered was sleeping on this sofa, I was sitting in the living room.

Did he carry me to the bed? Or Was I too sleepy to not remember I walked to the bed?

I hope it was the later one because it would be too embarrassing. I'm not really light. I'm kind of heavy. Apart from this what I found off was his leaving. He left early in the morning. Like really early. He never does that. But at the same time, I do not know him much. Living with someone is different than knowing someone.

I knew that he was angry and sad with me, but he still made breakfast for me.

I was so used to not calling him my husband. He's been my husband for nine to ten days, I was so used to addressing him as my friend, and now all of a sudden he's my husband. I didn't mean to insult him but all this was still new.

It was a bit unusual and I was scared. Although my heart started accepting him as my husband. It was going to take some time for my brain to process and understand it.

The whole of my life I've never had a boyfriend and all of a sudden, I married and I have a husband. It was so weird. I didn't know how to feel. I couldn't feel it.

Vansh was always so kind and good to me. I needed to apologize, I insulted him. Whenever he came near me, my stomach exploded with butterflies like a knee-jerk reaction. I felt giddy around him. My cheeks, on their own, start gaining a red color.

All these feelings are so new and overwhelming. I'm scared. I'm so scared to admit this but I don't even want to deny it. I like him. At least I think I do

****

The utensils were making noise. This noise woke me up from my slumber. The clinging of the utensils kept on increasing. I opened my eyes to find myself lying on the sofa, with a blanket?

Blanket?

I did not take the blanket with me. These days, I was always waking up to bizarre things. I also saw a blazer on a single sofa. This meant he was home.

Without thinking, I threw the blanket off me and ran to the kitchen. There he was standing, his back facing me, with half of his shirt tucked in his pants. He already removed his tie and blazer.

I practically ran and hugged him from behind, so he won't run away, he would listen. I pressed my cheek on his back and my arms were encircling his waist, fearing that if I loosen my grip, he would run away.

He became stiff for a moment before relaxing completely.

"I'm really sorry Vansh. This all is really new to me. Trust me, I never intended to insult you. I was not used to addressing you, my husband. I am really sorry. I know you were really hurt but I will make it up to you, I promise.."

My rambling was cut short when Vansh removed my hands from his waist. I took a step to give him some space. My hands dropped to my sides and my head was held down, as I waited for him to walk away.

But instead of walking away, he cupped my face and forced me to look up. I lifted my head and gasped. He had dark circles under his eyes and his face looked ashen. His eyes did not have a spark in them. It was so unlike him.

He wiped the tears I didn't know, started falling by thumbs, and looked softly at me.

"It's okay," he said softly.

"You can give me a punishment or shout on me. I will make it up to you..." To this, he laughed lowly and rested his forehead against mine. His face was so close. His cool breath was fanning on my face. Damn these butterflies!

"I'm happy to know you didn't mean that, Ahaana. It's really okay"

"I really didn't mean it. I was just..."

"Shh. It's fine" he cut me off again. We stood there for sometime before he broke the comfortable silence.

"Why did you not eat breakfast? Did you not like it?" he asked.

"I woke up in the morning. I wanted to apologize but you left, so early. I was not even able to talk to you. My hunger died. I did not eat anything" I mumbled sadly.

"You did not eat anything till now?" his eyes widened and he looked a bit angry. I just nodded, pathetically, wanting to take them back.

"You already eat so less. This is so unhealthy, Ahaana. Seriously, you cannot just leave food for someone. No wonder you were so freaking light when I picked you up last night" he rambled dramatically but all I could hear was some words.

"You-You picked me up to the bed?"

"Of Course I did. I wouldn't let you sleep on that uncomfortable sofa"

"I'm so sorry. I am so heavy-" my mind again started overthinking. I was embarrassed, a lot. I tried my best to stay calm but I just could not.

"Heavy? Are you kidding me? You are so light. You need to eat more."

"Did you eat?" I asked.

"A little bit" he lied.

"Even you did not! How could I then?" I threw my hands in air anger. He was hungry the whole day, because of me and he wanted me to eat. How could I eat knowing someone was hungry because I said hurtful things?

Just as he was about to argue more the doorbell rang.

"Pizza is here!" he yelled, breaking the tension. I looked at him confusingly.

"I ordered pizza for both of us," he said sheepishly. I smiled at him. Suddenly, his eyes widened a bit and shined. That shine I missed so much was back. My Vansh was back again.

"You said you would make it up to me. Would you?" he said.

"Yes," I said truthfully.

"Watch a movie with me?" he asked with hope in his eyes.

"Okay," I agreed easily. I did not expect him to make this request. I was about to add more but the doorbell rang again.

"I better get it" he started leaving the room.

"Vansh" I called him. He turned back and I looked him in the eyes.

"You are not just someone" 

****

Hey Potatoes <3

Thank you for reading. I hope you like it.

Thank you for reading my story. It means the world to me!

Vote + Comment and add the book to your library to never miss an update.

Ishita :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

631K 33.9K 79
People say love destroys friendship and one shouldn't fall in love with their best friend, unknown of the fact that if it works out you'll have your...
266K 23.3K 62
Yash Purohit- 27 year old CA, Carefree, Bindass, Jolly, happy Go person. Once you meet him, he will ensure your comfort. He gives his time to family...
4M 138K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
159K 7.7K 34
Vivaan Rajput: A 28 year old billionaire of few words, holding an aura which can bring anyone to their knees, he is president of Rajput industries. T...