Reincarnation is Such a Nice...

By Jakeleyy

Reincarnation. It's a nice thing. You get to live your next life with or without your past life memories. In... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Special Chapter: Halloween
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Special Chapter: Christmas
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Special Chapter: Valentine's Day
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Special Chapter: April Fools
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 13

7.9K 308 82
By Jakeleyy

"Shi. No. Bu!" I exclaimed with a smile and hugged Shinobu from behind. She jumped in surprise and almost dropped her katana. She looked up to see my grin and pouted.

"Shin-chan, that was dangerous. I was still training." Shinobu scolded me. I didn't care and kept hugging her. I was away only for a few days and I already missed her.

"Maa maa. Nothing happened so it's fine." I told Shinobu and let her go. She turned around properly and saw Bell, who walked next to me. She frowned a bit when she saw Bell.

"Who is this girl?" Shinobu asked me with seriousness in her voice.

"Bell. I adopted her to our family." I told her happily and placed Bell in front of me by her shoulders. 

Bell tensed a bit when I grabbed her and I could feel her nervousness. Shinobu glared at Bell as she was observing her.

"No." Shinobu told be firmly.

"Eeeh~? But she is so cute like you and Nee-chan." I told Shinobu and her frown became a little bit gentler.

"No means no. I'm sure Nee-san would say the same thing." Shinobu continued and turned away to continue her training. Wait... Did she just say... Nee-san?

"She would say yes! Nee-chan likes adorable things like me!" I exclaimed happily. This is a good thing! Shinobu got over the demon attack. I'm so happy!

Shinobu stopped in her tracks and stood in place. I heard her mutter something for a while and she looked back towards us.

"Tell me one good reason why she-" "Bell." I fixed Shinobu while smiling. I should teach her manners at some point.

Shinobu gave me a deadpan look while I was smiling. Our staring contest was going for a while until she gave up.

"-Bell is joining our family." Shinobu finished with a sigh. Kukuku. Not patience enough? I had all the time in the world.

"Well... As I said, Bell is adorable like you and Kanae." Shinobu frowned and glared at me.

"And I also think her talent is meant for this kind of thing." I continued as I held my hands, that were still holding Bell, up. Did I take my teasings too far?

"Talent?" Shinobu asked me and was still glaring at me with a frown.

Shinobu, can you not glare me anymore? I'm sorry for teasing you so can you not?

"I think it's better to show you instead of telling you." I answered. I placed Bell to the sidelines and asked Shinobu to do something difficult yet easy movements for beginners like Bell.

Shinobu didn't ask me anything and did what I asked her to do. She changed her katana into a wooden one and started to move in a zig-zag style while swinging her katana here and there.

After she was done she stood in front of us. I made sure Bell was watching Shinobu move and gave her the katana Shinobu was holding. Bell hesitantly took the katana and stood in the same place as Shinobu did in the beginning.

Just like Shinobu did, Bell ran in a zig-zag style and swung her wooden katana just like Shinobu did. It was not fast like Shinobu did but the way Bell moved and swung her katana was just like Shinobu did.

I looked to my right and saw Shinobu surprised. Kukuku. Feel the awesomeness of our new little sister.

When Bell was done, she was breathing heavily. I should ask Shinobu to give her stamina training and then train her swordsmanship. Bell can choose what Breath Style she wants. I'm not that arrogant to choose for her. She will choose her own way, after all.

"Well? What do you think?" I asked Shinobu with a smug grin. She looked at my way and hit my arm when she saw my grin.

"Well... I don't mind her joining our family." Shinobu said shyly. Well isn't that cute.

I took Bell to rest in one of the rooms and Shinobu joined too. We were given tea and I gladly drank some. The Flower branch's tea is always good. I wonder who created this?

Bell also drank some of the tea and recovered some of her energy. Oh? This tea can recover your energy?

"Where did you find Bell?" Shinobu asked me while I was drinking my tea. I placed my tea down and told Shinobu where I found Bell. I didn't tell her the full story of my journey because I don't think we have time at all.

"So I thought Bell could train with you that you don't get lonely at all. Since Kanae and I are always away and rarely come back." I told Shinobu. She hummed in response.

"I don't mind but what Breath Style should Bell learn?" Shinobu asked me.

"I want Bell to decide it." I said while taking a sip from my tea. We both looked at Bell who looked back at us confusedly.

"Ah... I forgot to explain about the Breath Styles..." I blurted out. I felt Shinobu glare at me again so I didn't look back and stood up.

"Well, Shinobu. I trust that you can handle all these stuff yourself, so goodbye!" I said quickly and ran away. But before I left completely I looked at Bell.

"Bell, remember to behave. I'll come back again at some point." I told her and finally left. I could hear her shout my name but I didn't stop and continued to leave.

I'm sorry, Bell but you also need to be independent. I'm not going to be there for you forever.

=====

Sniff... I feel like crying... Who would have thought this would hurt this much... Maybe I should have taken Bell with me and I could teach her the Breath of Thunder... But then I would be in the way of Bell's growth...

I kept walking wherever my legs lead me with a dejected mood. I enjoyed Bell's company. Even though she gave me trouble at some points, I enjoyed our short journey...

While I was walking somewhere, I could hear someone calling for my name. I turned around to see a pink-haired girl waving while running toward me. My eyes widened in a great idea and my mood recovered instantly.

Time to get a new companion.

I waited for Mitsuri to catch me and when she did she was completely fine. Even though we were so far away from each other.

"Konnichiwa, Shin-kun." Mitsuri said happily. Oh? She's now calling me 'Shin-kun'? That's new.

"Yo." I greeted casually with a wave. Now, the plan to get Mitsuri as my new companion starts!

"What are you doing here? Were you stalking me or something?" I asked teasingly. Mitsuri turned red and flailed her arms defensively.

"N-No! This was a pure coincidence!" she exclaimed. Kukuku. She's so easy to tease and it's adorable.

"I'm just joking." I said while chuckling. This got Mitsuri pout and she tried to hit me. I dodged and ran away from her. I'm definitely not getting hit by her ridiculous strength.

Mitsuri pouted more and chased after me. It was quite funny and I laughed out loud. Eventually, I stopped right in front of Mitsuri and made her run into me. We both fell on the ground with me as Mitsuri's shield.

"Ah! Are you alright, Shin-kun!?" Mitsuri asked worriedly.

"I'm fine. It didn't hurt that much." I answered while laughing. Mitsuri placed her hands on my chest for support and pouted.

"Mou. Why do you always bully me?" she asked me.

"It's funny and your reactions are adorable." I answered with a mischevious grin. Mitsuri got red and she hid her face with her hands. Well isn't that cute.

"Kanroji-san, if you don't mind, can you get off me?" I asked Mitsuri. She panicked and got off me immediately. I got up and dusted off the dirt behind me.

"Wao~, Kanroji-san. I never expected you to be so bold and tackle me down." I said. Kukuku. Did you think my teasings stopped here?

I waited for Mitsuri to blush again or something close to it but instead of a blushing Mitsuri, I got a crying Mitsuri.

...

Crap... I took this too far...

"K-Kanroji-san! It was a bad joke! I'm sorry!" I tried to comfort Mitsuri but she kept crying. Agh! Why do I have to be such jerk! Kanae will kill me if she hears that I made a girl cry...

Seeing that my words didn't calm Mitsuri at all, I pulled her into a hug and patted her head.

"I'm really sorry... I didn't mean to make you cry... Please forgive me..." I whispered with full of regrets. Mitsuri sobbed for a while in my embrace and then calmed down. I released her from the hug and she hit me in the stomach.

I let out a grunt and fell onto my knees. I deserved that... But at least she's not crying anymore...

"If you really feel bad then travel with me for a while." Mitsuri ordered me while wiping the tears away from her eyes.

"H-Hai..." I let out a quiet answer because of the pain. I should stop teasing Mitsuri for a while...

I recovered quickly and stood up but still rubbed my stomach. Mission accomplished! Even though I had to pay for it dearly...

=====

"So... What are we going to do?" I asked Mitsuri who was still angry at my teasing.

We arrived in the town Mitsuri was sent to and it was almost evening. This place had many food stalls so it smelled amazing here.

Mitsuri didn't say anything to me and kept walking somewhere. Please don't ignore me. I'm a creature that needs attention!

"Kanroji-san, I'm going to buy some food, do you want any?" I offered to her. If I can't get her attention by speaking then I will get it by bribing.

Mitsuri stopped in her tracks and didn't say anything. With a sigh, I went towards takoyaki stall but someone grabbed my sleeve. I looked behind me and saw pouting Mitsuri pointing at a ramen stall.

"Kanroji-san, if you want something please tell me instead of staying quiet." I told her and we walked towards the ramen stall.

It was a small stall with a red curtain and in each curtain got one letter. Chairs for the customers to sit and the stall was the table for customers. It looks like a nice stall.

The moment we walked in, I could smell all kind of aromas and my mouth watered. It's been a long time since I ate ramen, now that I think about it. This might be my first one since I came into this world.

"Welcome!" a man wearing bandana shouted. His back was facing us so he couldn't see us nodding to him. He turned around and I saw his features. Not bad if I had to say.

"Oh? Are you two on a date?" he asked us. Mitsuri turned red for a while but didn't say anything. 

"Something like that." I answered. If Mitsuri won't say anything, I might as well say some lies. The man nodded in approvement as he continued to make something.

"Well, that's a nice lady you got there, lad! In a few years, she'll be a beauty!" he commented. Ooh? He didn't think Mitsuri's hair as weird? What a nice man.

"What!? You mean... She'll become even prettier in the future!? Even though she is already pretty!?" I acted surprised. I might regret this but I need her to speak again and stop pouting. I saw Mitsuri blushing next to me but she was still pouting.

"Of course, lad! I've seen a lot of strange stuff in my life and I can say that her hair is not one of them." he told us. Yep. This man is a nice guy. And an honest one.

"But let's not talk without food. What will you two have?" he asked us. Uhh... This is my first time going into one so I think I'm going to ask for recommendations.

"This is actually my first time coming here. Do you have any recommendations?" I asked nervously. I think I heard Mitsuri snicker at me...

"Don't worry, lad. I got you." he said with a thumb up and went to do his work. Mitsuri had already ordered something at some point.

I looked at Mitsuri who looked away from me and was still pouting. I have no choice but to use that tactic...

"Mitsuri... Please don't ignore me... It hurts..." I said sadly. This was not a lie. It really hurts when you are ignored.

My tactic number one! Be honest and use the persons first name! It may work and it may not work! But you only live once! In my case twice.

Mitsuri took a peek at me and she saw my sad face. She turned around and looked at me. She didn't have the pout anymore.

"Do you really feel bad or is it again a joke?" she asked me seriously.

"Mitsuri, I may joke around but I will never try to hurt someone's feelings. Never." I told her truthfully. No grin on my face. No smile on my face. Just a serious look. Emotions and feelings are not something you can play with.

"But you did it to me..." Mitsuri told me.

"That was... my fault... I won't say any excuses... That was completely my fault... I took my joke too far and hurt you. I'm really sorry." I bowed down to Mitsuri as I apologized to her.

I felt Mitsuri tap my head with her finger and I looked up. She flicked my forehead and my head sprung back a little bit. I blinked a few times and looked at smiling Mitsuri confusedly.

"With that, you are forgiven. You shouldn't bully girls again or they might hate you, Shin-kun." Mitsuri told me. I stared at her for a while until I let out a chuckle.

"But did you know that boys like to tease girls they like." I told her jokingly. Mitsuri this time blinked for a few times and then blushed.

"Eh!? Really!?" she exclaimed. I shrugged with my shoulders and our ramens were placed down. Mitsuri's was bigger than mine...

"If you don't believe me, ask the master." I pointed at the bandana man and took the wooden chopsticks. I pulled the chopsticks away from each other and put my hands together.

"Itadakimasu." and I started to eat my ramen. I could feel the flavor in the noodles and in the soup. It's delicious... Hah~... I'm glad to be alive...

Mitsuri asked the bandana man if what I said was true and he said yes. Mitsuri blushed again and ate her ramen in silence. I looked at the bandana man showing be a thumb again and my eyebrow twitched.

He said 'yes' on purpose...

=====

Whew... I'm full... Who would have thought Mitsuri wanted to eat more. After our ramen meal, Mitsuri dragged me to other food stalls. Takoyaki, udon, meat, and many more. I could feel my stomach exploding but I still kept her company and ate some of the food.

After eating our food, we searched for an inn and found one. It had hot springs and that's good. Some of the inns don't have hot springs and it sucks...

I wonder where Mitsuri went to? We shared the room since the caretakers insisted. I wonder why... But no time to think about it and to the hot springs!

I took yukata with me and walked towards the hot springs. While I was walking to the men's changing room, I saw a sign that said something. I hope it's not something like 'currently cleaning' or something else.

I stood in front of the sign and read it. A mixed bath... That is a no for me then... I'm not a fan of mixed baths so bye-bye.

I walked back to my room and decided to use a private bath. It's not that great as hot springs but it will do. I still didn't see Mitsuri anywhere but her katana was in our room. Is she somewhere in our room? Maybe she saw the sign and also decided to take a private bath?

The private bath was outside even though it's almost winter. There was a roof as protection but it still was outside. I didn't hear anyone inside the bath and sighed in relief. Mitsuri is not taking one at the moment.

There was a wooden floor connected to the bath and before going outside, there was another room where we could change our clothes. There were also towels.

I changed my clothes and took one of the towels. A smaller one and left the bigger one in the changing room so I can dry myself there.

I washed my body first before I went into the tub. It was quite hard since I'm not used to splashing a bucket of water onto me. But after washing my body, I went into the tub. I could feel my stress leaving a little bit. The view was also nice since it's outside.

While I was enjoying my bath, I heard someone slid the door open and close the door. I think it's Mitsuri. I was too tired to tell her I'm taking a bath and stayed quiet. She's smart enough to check if I'm in, right?

I could hear Mitsuri's footsteps getting closer and closer. With each step, I started to panic a little bit. Should I tell her I'm taking a bath? Or is she just walking around and doing nothing?

The door of the changing room slid open. I could hear Mitsuri's voice and started to panic more. All right, I should tell her I'm taking a bath now.

"Kanroji-san! I'm currently taking a bath!" I shouted so she could hear me.

...

No answer? Did something happen? I looked at the door worriedly and thought about standing up until the door slid open. I looked away quickly and could hear the water splash everytime Mitsuri took a step.

"Uwaah! It's so spacious!" Mitsuri said excitedly. The waters smoke was around us so she didn't see me and I couldn't see her properly. Well, I am looking away at the moment so I can't see her.

I don't know why but I kind of want to tease her for coming in. But that may make her sad again so I should tell her.

"Kanroji-san! Didn't you hear my voice!?" I asked Mitsuri squeaked in surprise.

"S-Shin-kun! Where!?" she shouted.

"Here!" I shouted and waved my hand in the air. I was still looking away. Please notice me...

"Awawawa! I'm sorry!" she shouted and left quickly. With a sigh, I leaned back and started to relax again.

Did I make a mistake of having a companion? I hope not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 6.8K 73
Well this wasn't what I expected when I died. It's not the best but not the worst either. New goals for this life you may ask. 1. Survive 2. Save ev...
1.5K 46 7
Humanity seems to be at a lost when demons begin to no longer be a simple folktale. With no hope, the sun no longer shines as bright, so a lone young...
3.3K 89 11
A demon slayer fanfiction. [Nezuko x male reader] The darkness was your world. You lost everything so you became a demon slayer in order to prevent...
24.8K 740 30
"I don't give a damn that you're a 'Hashira'. Next time we meet, YOU ARE DEAD!" When a Hashira kills somebody close to Y/N, he gains a new resolve to...