Chet |Complete|

By KatCWrites

Amity Logan's life is turned outside down when she is forced to leave her family behind and move to a new tow... More

Chapter 2 - Goodbye
Chapter 3 - Asshole
Chapter 4 - Friends?
Chapter 5 - The bar
Chapter 6- Bad ass
Chapter 7 - Good morning
Chapter 8 - Breakfast?
Chapter 9 - Home
Chapter 10 - Business as usual
Chapter 11 - Sick
Chapter 12 - Clubs and kisses
Chapter 13 - Fire
Chapter 14 - Wreckage
Chapter 15 - Good things must end
Chapter 16 - Flowers
Chapter 17 - Date?
Chapter 18 - Coming home
Chapter 19 - Family dinner.
Chapter 20 - Poker
Chapter 21 - Blue eyed monster
Chapter 22 - Wedding
Chapter 23 - Ride or die
Chapter 24 - Wherever
Chapter 25 - Truth
Chapter 26 - The whole truth
Chapter 27 - Home
Chapter 28 - Back at it
Chapter 29 - Babysitter
Chapter 30 - Swim
Chapter 31 - Little talks
Chapter 32 - Ambushed
Chapter 33 - Into the night
Chapter 34 - Chet
Chapter 35 - Party
Chapter 36 - Engaged
Chapter 37 - Wedding plans
Chapter 38 - Baby
Chapter 39 - Baby Raven
Chapter 40 - New guy
Chapter 41 - It's a -
Chapter 42 - Gang life
Chapter 43 - Last day
Chapter 44 - Marry me
Chapter 45- Help
Chapter 46 - It was him
Chapter 47 - Boss Mamma
Chapter 48 - Wedding
Chapter 49 - A Son
Chapter 50 - Lane
Chapter 51 - ONE!
Chapter 52- Surprise
Chapter 53 - Surprises come in fours.
Chapter 54 - Babies
Chapter 55 - New Beginnings - epilogue

Chapter 1 - Different roads

147K 2.2K 767
By KatCWrites

Standing in the blistering 97° heat which is radiating from the roof of the mechanical workshop, I wipe my grease and dirt stained hands on the pants of my overalls and remove the hair elastic from its usual spot on my wrist tying my long, black hair into a messy bun on top of my head.

The time is 5 PM and though it's due to be dark in the next two hours, the sun setting and the sky becoming dark never takes the temperature with it during a Hills Valley Summer, in most cases there will be no temperature drop at all.

"Everything is clean and ready to go." Cali, the second year apprentice I work with announces as she makes her way from the back room to the front area once more.

"Perfect." I call over my shoulder and close the till before turning to Cali who is now standing behind me. "Our hard work paid off this week." I tell her as I hold out a wad of cash. "This is for you."

With widened eyes, she reluctantly takes the cash in her right hand and counts it. "Amity, there is five hundred dollars here." she states in pure shock as she peels her eyes away from the money and back to me.

"We made a lot of money this week, and I wouldn't be able to do it without you, so I'm splitting my bonus with you."

"But Boss would never split it half and half, you always get more than me because I'm still learning."

"Oh well, I'm the boss this week and I don't mind sharing." I give her a small smile.

"Wow, thank you" she breathes out in all but a whisper as she slips the cash into her backpack and places it on her shoulder.

"You're welcome, now go home, your Dad has been waiting out the front for five minutes, I'll see you on Monday."

"Thank-you again, bye Amity." she waves as she exits the shop via the large front roller door.

***

After sorting the money and locking up the shop, I make the twenty-minute drive home to the house I share with my parents, Dean and Evana Logan, and my twin sister Avery Logan.

Together we live in a stunning two story, six-bedroom mansion of sorts. The outside facade is brick, which has been cement rendered and painted in a light gray, with stunning gardens lining either side of the twisting driveway that leads to the front door of the house and the huge garage if you are to keep driving further around the driveway.

The inside of our home is just as beautiful, from the moment you step inside you're greeted with high ceilings, marble floors, and two twisting stair cases which meet in the middle of the second story of our home. Every room in the house is decorated in high gloss black and white furniture with only the slightest color pops here and there. Each room has its own private bathroom and a balcony, each room with a different view depending on where your room is in the house. Mine personally over looks the large roman style pool and spa and the large palm trees off in the distance.

But the best part of all is our beautiful home is nestled among the hills, locked away behind huge gates and far away from the hustle and bustle of the busy Californian streets.

After parking my car and exiting the garage, I make my way up the backstairs located to the side of the house, leading to the balcony overlooking the gardens of our backyard.

Reaching the large double glass doors, I pull them open and enter the house. The first thing I see is my Mother, Father, Sister Avery and our older brother Alex sitting at the table, and right away I can feel the tension in the air.

Dad is sitting at the head of the table dressed in a suit and tie, his usual work attire, however I can't help but notice the unnerved look on his face. His black, usually perfectly slicked back pompadour style hair, hanging messily with loose strands hanging in his face, and his ocean blue eyes focus on paperwork in his hands as he reads to the family.

Sitting next to him is my mother, she looks lovely as always dressed in a tight fitting black A-line dress with small cap sleeves and her shoulder length dark brown highlighted hair down and loosely curled. But even she has a disheartened look in her dark brown eyes.

Looking across the table, my electric blue eyes meet my twin sister Avery, whose appearance mirrors mine. Her waist length jet black hair is out with a middle part, falling perfectly straight over her shoulders. Feeling my presence, she looks up at me and swallows hard.

Following her line of vision, my father, mother and brother Alex all turn to me. It's only now that I can see Alex's face. Just like Dad, his appearance is disheveled, his dark hair is a mess and his hazel eyes looking meek.

"Amity, good, you're home. Come and sit down." My Father orders

"Did someone die? What the hell is with everyone's face right now." I ask as I sit down at the table next to my mother.

"I spoke to the leader of the serpents this afternoon, there has been word that one of our alliances has gone rogue and they're coming after the Cobras."

"Okay, so we'll take them on just like we always do, what's the big deal?"

"Honey." Mom's Silvery voice speaks as she turns to me, placing her hand on mine. "Your father and I think it might be best for yourself and Avery to sit this one out."

"Sit this one out? Didn't you just say someone is coming for us?"

"Yes Amity, but we don't know how bad this will be and because of that we'd like for you and Avery to go away for a little while."

Tilting my head to the side suddenly, I knit my brows together in pure confusion and part annoyance. "You want Avery and I to go away, as in leave Hills Valley and go somewhere else."

"Yes, that's what we're saying."

"And you agreed with this?" I huff as I look across the table at Avery.

"What choice do we have Am?" she asks timidly

"For a start, we could stay right here and fight alongside the Cobras, it's not like we don't know how to do it, we've been handling guns since we were sixteen, we've been training since we were fourteen, not to mention we've done it before." I fold my arms across my chest with a huff.

"Amity, please don't take it out on your sister." Mom speaks softly, "I know you're upset and I understand, but we think this is what's best."

"It'll only be for a little while and once everything is over, you can come home." Dad adds.

Turning to him, I narrow my eyes, "Are you forgetting I have a job? We have cars booked in, Colson will fire me for sure if I tell him I need to take leave, I can't just pack up and walk away."

"Amity, do not make this harder than it has to be." he pinches the bridge of his nose

"It doesn't have to be hard at all Dad, Avery and I know what we're doing, we don't need to be shipping off like some innocent damsels in destress."

"Amity." Dad raises his voice as he slams his fist on the table which causes both Mom and Avery to jump slightly, I however am uneffected by his outburst. "You're going and that's final." His voice slowly lowers, "When they come for us, they will hurt the people that will make the biggest impact and hurt me the most. I have no doubt that yourself and Avery can handle what's coming, but that doesn't mean I'll allow you to stay here. I could never live with myself if anything happened to either of you." He says looking between Avery and I.

Avery nods her head as she looks at dad and then back at me. She gives me a hopeful half smile and I exhale deeply with a quick roll of my eyes.

Avery has always been the quiet twin, she doesn't like to cause trouble or conflict and for the most part goes along with whatever makes everyone else's lives easier, while I'm the outspoken twin and have no issues with conflict. If someone is acting like a dickhead; I have no issue with putting them in their place, nor will I sit back and nod my head in agreement to things I don't agree with to keep the peace.

"Am, I kind of want to go." Avery speaks softly, "Dad has arranged for me to go to college in New York and they have a spot for me to start right away."

"New York?" I blink a few times, my eyes knitting in confusion once again.

"I've arranged for your sister to start school in New York, and I've found you a place in Springs."

"Springs? As in, four-hour drive away Springs?"

"Yes." He nods "They had a Mechanical business for sale and I knew you'd be pissed off with me, so in an attempt to butter you up, I bought the business for you. You'll have a house and a business when you arrive."

"You bought me a business." I raise a brow at him. "And what am I meant to do with this business in a few months' time when I come home?"

"Sell it, give it to the guy who'll be working for you, do whatever you like with it." he shrugs his shoulders.

"And what do you think about all of this?" I ask, turning towards my brother who hasn't spoken a word since I arrived home.

"I think you should do what Dad says, Avery is happy about going to New York and you'll have your own business in Springs, isn't that what you've always wanted? Or do you want to work for that jerk Colson for the rest of your life?"

Taking a deep breath, I look around the table at everyone once more and nod my head. "Fine, I'll go." I stand to my feet and push my chair in. "I need to take a shower." I tell them before exiting the room, headed for the stairs.

...

After my shower, I find myself sitting on my Bahama's style circular day bed on the balcony. Dressed only in pajama shorts and a simple black singlet, my hair is now washed and slowly drying into natural waves as the warm wind blows it gently.

As I sit crossed legged looking at the palm trees moving gently in the wind, I feel tears threatening to leave my eyes. I do my best to stop them from falling, and just like I've always done. It doesn't matter what life throws at me; I have to be strong. Strong is all I've ever been for as long as I can remember, I don't think my parents have ever seen me cry, not even as a child.

But I love it here in Hills Valley; this is the place I've spent the last twenty-four years of my life. This is the place I have my friends and my family, this is my home. I don't want to leave, but if Dad says it's too dangerous to stay, it's the place I have to leave behind, and for how long, I just don't know.

"Are you okay?" I hear Avery's voice from behind me.

Quickly I wipe the one fallen tear from my cheek, not wanting her to see I'm upset. I don't know what it is within me, but I feel the need to have this constant front up, even with my twin sister.

Unfolding my legs, I turn around to face her with a smile on my face. "I'm fine."

Walking towards me, she flops down on the daybed next to me and wraps her arm around my shoulders. "It's okay to be sad you know," she states rather than questions as she stares straight ahead.

"When have you ever seen me sad Avery?" I laugh softly, playing it off. "It's going to be fine, it's like a new adventure."

"Do you really believe that? Because I'm scared Am," she admits as she turns to me, tears beginning to roll down her cheeks. "I know I said I want to go to New York and I do, but I'm scared."

"Oh honey," I pull her into my arms, stroking her hair "This will be good for you. You get to continue your studies in New York, it's what you've always wanted to do, and you're going to do amazing things," I tell her as I rock her in my arms.

"What if it isn't okay? Not only am I leaving home, I'm also leaving you, we've never been apart before."

"Avery," I sigh as I continue to stroke her hair. "You worry too much, I can see it now, you move to New York, you study, you become successful and you fall in love with some amazing man who is as equally bright as you, and have perfect little babies."

"You think so?" She giggles softly.

"I know so," I lay my head on top of hers for a moment.

"What about you?" She questions softly

"What about me? I'll be fine."

"Are you really going to move to Springs? You could come to New York with me."

"New York is your dream Av, I think Springs is the right place for me to go. Maybe Alex has a point, I have a chance to run my own business, it's what I've always wanted to do, I should at least give it a shot."

Sitting up, Avery looks at me with a soft, yet saddened smile. "I'll miss you,"

"I'll miss you more," I mirror her smile.

I never thought I'd see the day my sister and I take different roads. We've been together our entire lives, I've never known a single day without her. But maybe this is what both of us need, to be in a new place, to see new things, to do new things, and for Avery, to follow her dreams.

"It's true then?" We hear a husky voice from behind us.

Without turning around, I know right away who it is. Benz, the boy who broke my heart.

"I'll give you some space," Avery whispers before standing to her feet and exiting the room quickly.

"Yep," I reply to Benz's question, keeping my eyes focused ahead of me.

Everything is silent for a moment, but just when I think he picked up on the fact I have no interest in talking to him. I feel the day bed sink under his weight.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" he questions in a soft tone.

"No, but I'm going to do it anyway."

"I could come with you," he responds suddenly.

Giggling softly I shake my head "You're not coming with me Benz."

"Why not? What's so funny about that?"

Finally turning my head looking up at him and instantly our eyes lock. He looks down at me, his big brown eyes almost pleading with me, it's as if he's serious. Serious is not a look I see on Benzley often, so when I do it's always a little hard to take.

Benz and I have a strange relationship of sorts. He's the best friend of my older brother Alex and has been since the day I was born. Because I've always been very close with my brother, I spent a lot of time with him and his friends while we were growing up; I was one of the boys, they treated me the same as them, but that soon changed as I became a little older and I started noticing Benz wasn't looking at me the same way anymore. Something in his eyes changed; something in the way he touched me changed, and it didn't take long until we acted upon our feelings.

Much to the disgust of my brother and father; Benz was my first, and how did they find out about that? Because we got caught at school, in the closet. I was sixteen, and he was eighteen. After that we were told to stay away from each other and we did, sort of. While there was never a relationship title as such, Benz works for my father, so we were still around each other all the time, and that made it really easy for us to sneak away and act upon our feelings.

At the time, I thought I loved him; but that all changed the night he broke my heart.

I'd just turned twenty and using my fake I.D I went to a club with a few of the girls who also work for my dad. I was so excited because I knew Benz would be at the club and we'd get to spend time together away from the watchful eye of my father.

By this time we'd been seeing each other (without seeing each other) for three years, and as far as I knew we were in a relationship, but I must have been mistaken because the second I entered that club, everything changed. The first person I saw was Benz, on the dance floor with his tongue down a pretty girl's throat. In that moment he broke my heart and nothing was the same between us again.

"Because Benz ... your life is here," I finally reply.

"You know I regret what happened four years ago right?" He moves my hair from my face, forcing me to look at him. "I made the biggest mistake the night I cheated on you; if I could go back and change it I would."

"We were both young, and I was stupid, you don't owe me anything, and you sure as hell don't need to pack up your life and follow me."

Placing his hand on my cheek, he strokes it gently with his thumb as he leans in. "I'll miss you." He whispers before moving in closer, his bottom lip now brushing against mine.

"Amity, are you out here?" Dad calls from behind us.

Breaking the almost kiss quickly, I push Benz back gently, a soft giggle escaping my lips.

"Just like old times, hey." he smirks, "Maybe I'll sneak into your room later," He adds with a wink.

"Benzley, why am I not surprised to find you and my daughter out here, alone together?" He folds his arms across his chest as he steps onto the balcony.

"Because I'm such a lovely friend boss," he laughs and stands to his feet. "I'll see you later." He says before heading for the door.

"Are you okay?" Dad questions as he looks down at me

"I'm fine dad, but I'm tired; I'm going to go to bed now," I stand to my feet.

"You know I'm doing this for you, right?"

"I know," I nod my head.

He holds his hand out and waits for me to take it, once I do he pulls me into his arms, embracing me tightly in a hug. "I love you honey, please don't doubt that." he whispers before placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"I love you too dad," I snuggle into him, breathing in his familiar sent. 

This Chapter has been revamped! And was re-published on the 5/9/2020.  (Thank-you to my wonderful and very supportive husband for proof reading the revamped chapters for me.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 39K 60
Smart, beautiful, sassy and next in line to the Cobra throne, Alena sets out on the adventure of a lifetime when her father agrees to let her spend a...
395K 8K 37
Book #2 (Tainted Scars Series) "Where am I? Who the hell are you?" He stared at me from across the room, "knowing my name is useless and dangerous."...
1.5M 49.1K 71
Charlie Raven seems to have life all figured out, eighteen years old, beautiful, loving parents, amazing friends, and a publicly perfect boyfriend. B...
1.9M 57.2K 38
Frankie has just become the youngest and only female in a local barbershop after just moving into town. She has no living family or friends back home...