Emerald Seas

Goldilockesss tarafından

What is the real truth about Cutler Beckett's hate for Jack Sparrow, and what is the mark Jack left on Cutler... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 3

948 21 4
Goldilockesss tarafından

'May I ask your destination if we hadn't been captured?' Kate was curious to whom he was and why he was aboard the East India Trading Company's ship. She couldn't tell herself why, but there was something mysterious and interesting about him. Once she got curious she needed to know, which let her speak her mind too fast sometimes.

'Of course, you may. I work at the office of the East India Company in London, I started there a year ago and just recently got the opportunity to visit one of the offices on the Spanish coast. It's my ambition to get higher up in the Company, so this was my chance. I would love to travel the world and make the Company grow' Cutler spoke full of ambition.

Kate wanted to open her mouth to say something but stopped when he mentioned he worked in London, surprised by the fact he lived in the same city. Even though her father's Company required them to travel a lot and she was never very long in one place, as she had been sailing the sea since she was only a little girl. But her father was going to put a stop to that soon as she was the proper age to marry now. There were too many fine matches out there, her father's words, and she could only keep sailing the seas if her future husband's occupation would let her. She hated it and didn't want to be married off as she did not care for a man's rank or wealth. Kate wanted to be married out of love, but she knew it was a silly thought and a rare thing to do so for a woman in her position. At least up until now, she prevented her father from actually giving her away.

'That's very ambitious' Kate looked at Cutler smiling while her fingers brushed the silk of her dress where the hem was thorn by everything that happened.

'But you seem like an intelligent man Cutler' Kate spoke underneath her breath carefully, but her voice had been firm.

Cutler thanked her with a smile and felt his face heat up a little.

'So what is your story?' Cutler looked at her curiously returning the question.

'My story?' Kate stopped playing with the fabric of her dress and her fingers lowered to the wood of the floor.

'I too live in London, for the time being, with my father. We travel a lot for his company, soon we will leave for the Caribbean' Kate shrugged her shoulders making it clear she wasn't entirely agreeing with her father's plans.

Cutler's face looked surprised when she spoke of the fact she lived in London as well. London was big but he was surprised they'd never met, she'd stand out from any crowd.

'Fortunately, I do like to sail, I don't see it as a bother.. actually I rather love it. You learn a lot on the waters' Kate seemed to be quite honest with him. It wasn't expected of a woman to love sailing, but Cutler was glad she was showing her true feelings, it felt like a sign she had started to trust him.

'You don't come across women sailing a lot, let alone voluntarily' Cutler admired her sense of adventure. This was one of the things that made her different from the rest.

'I know it's not normal for a woman to sail so much..' Kate's voice was quieter this time. Cutler quickly raised his glance away from her when she'd lowered her head and for a moment he was afraid he offended her.

'But that's admirable, I like it' Cutler had whispered softly into her direction, after that her sight returned to his as she crooked her head into his direction. As her eyes traveled down Cutler noticed both their hands on the ground where his fingers had lightly touched hers. As he realized he quickly moved his hand away and acted as if he was scratching the back of his head.

'But soon all the traveling will end I'm afraid. No more adventures for me' Kate spoke sarcastically, it was noticeable she was smiling away the disappointment. Cutler, happy she didn't bring it up after he removed his hand, slightly tilted his head, his eyes asking.

'It won't take much longer before I'll be in an arranged marriage, according to my father I'm the proper age to marry now. If we ever get out of here that is' Kate once again smiled weakly lifting her shoulders sarcastically, after that her eyes traveled back to her lap where they showed concern.

'Is that what you desire?' Cutler didn't estimate her to be the kind of woman to marry for wealth and status.

'Of course, it isn't. At least I've never met a woman who'd be happy to be in a loveless marriage. But I guess it's my duty' Kate tried to sound genuine but failed. It was silent for a moment, Cutler's thoughts were pushed back on earth as he realized that he'd never be good enough for her, according to her father.

'I wish I could help you with that' Cutler didn't know what to say to ease her burden. He could tell her to follow her heart but he understood that would ruin her. Marrying a man of no status or good income was the end for a lady like her.

'Well, we could run away once this is all over' Kate started chuckling when she noticed Cutler's face turning slightly red.

Cutler lowered his face to hide it while the corners of his mouth almost touched his ears. It was a grin he couldn't remove from his face for a couple of minutes. But soon they got distracted by George tripping and landing on the ground with a loud bang. Just before they could ask if he was alright George raised his hand.

'I'm alright. I guess these cells weren't built for escaping from the top either' he was moaning and made his back crack once he lifted himself from the ground.

'I am sorry to interrupt, go on, don't mind me' George still waving hopped to the back of the cell and moved down in one of the corners.

'As I said, it's my duty' after a short silence Kate raised her sight back on Cutler. There was a long pause. Cutler didn't know why but Kate's sarcastic smile as she had shrugged her shoulders, acting as if it did nothing to her, changed to a sad one like she was reading Cutler's thoughts as he felt like she could tell him. Kate's expression turned into a long glance as he watched her.

'I wish it were different' Cutler spoke in a soft voice, careful with his words. He felt like he could hear the blood run through his veins back to his heart that was quickening its rhythm. He couldn't tell if her eyes were teary because of the touchy subject or cause of the dry air. It made the emerald green of her eyes look like the waves of the ocean with the candlelight reflecting inside. Before he knew it their faces were only inches apart. As she still stared his way her eyes suddenly moved to his lips where his lower lip was slightly placed between his teeth, something he always did when nervous or intrigued. Quickly returning his lower lip back in place Cutler froze and wasn't sure what to do, but Kate kept on moving closer which gave him permission to do so either. Then the door slammed open with a loud bang and they both straightened their backs quickly.

'Food!' one of the pirates, now down the small stairs to below, made his way through the corridor and stuffed plates of half-rotten food underneath the cell door.

'Bon appétit!' the pirate yelled and smiled with his rotten teeth while he seemed satisfied with the way he had ruined the leftovers of his own meal even more with the way it landed in George's hands who had moved to the door quickly. The pirate seemed amused watching George taking the plates of half-rotten food. The pirate left while laughing hysterically.

'It's not edible, again.' George sighed and his shoulders lowered in disappointment. The only food they had in the last days was some hardtack, the only thing brought to them that wasn't covered in molt and seemed safe to eat.

'Anyone?' he held the plate up high and looked at Cutler and Kate. They both shook their heads from side to side. George quickly returned the plate underneath the cell door.

That night the sea was rough and restless. The water came crashing trying to swallow everything in its path. Far below deck where the cell complex was, everyone tried to escape a drowning death. George climbed as high as he could in the bars of the cell as the raging water came their way.

'Katherina, take my hand!' George shouted at the top of his lungs. Kate made her way through the water, lifting her dress that was soaked which only made it harder for her to walk. She felt her corset tighten around her waist and she wondered why she was still wearing the god damn thing. As soon as this was over she would get rid of it. While her mind was wandering off she could feel her feet slip and before she knew it she submerged underneath the cold water, without having the chance to take a breath. She felt the air escape her lungs and her body was dragged by the strong stream of the water.

Before she was dragged any further, she felt a strong hand pull her from the water. Her lungs filled with air and she quickly held on to one of the bars to prevent slipping again. Cutler was standing behind her and let go of her arm.

'Are you alright?' raising his voice to get above all the noise.

Kate nodded without saying anything. Cutler looked concerned and she felt a warmth through her body, for a moment forgetting the ice-cold seawater, as he really seemed to care for her wellbeing. She thought back to a few hours earlier, not sure whether it had been a moment between them or if she imagined it. But she couldn't deny the fact that Cutler made her feel safe.

Cutler stood behind Kate to make sure she didn't slip again. His arms barricaded her in between. He didn't want to invade her privacy but wanted to keep her safe from the rising water. He never stood so close to a woman before, he could almost smell her hair, if it wasn't for the conditions they were in. He noticed his mind wandering off and had to wake himself. George pulled Kate's hand so she could get higher up, as the water was rising fast. Cutler followed quickly.

After what felt like forever the storm had passed and the ocean was calm and steady again like nothing ever happened. There was a silence in the cell complex. Kate was squeezing the water from her long red hair while George paced up and down, he spoke of how he'd noticed men from the other cell started missing and never returned. It made them uncomfortable and they all wondered what had happened to them. As soon as the storm had ended, every now and then there would enter a pirate and take them one by one, but they never returned. It was clear the Captain wasn't going to sell them as slaves, the man was too cruel and didn't have the patience to deal with his captives before selling them at the closest port.

'Thank you for keeping your word' Kate looked at Cutler that stood with his back against the cell door, wondering the same questions as George, but got distracted by Kate's eyes looking into his. He understood why she had been skeptical about his word of keeping her safe, only a few days ago they had been total strangers to one another and she was sharing a cell with two men she didn't know at the time. But Cutler wanted her to see he was sincere about his promise.

There was another loud bang and two pirates came walking in. They made their way to the only cell with prisoners left, their cell. The door opened and George, Cutler, and Kate's wrists were secured by shackles. Up to deck, there was silence and the three of them enjoyed the fresh air. Another dreadful day had passed as it was dusk already, luckily it was a lot cooler in the evenings. Captain de Rapièr stood there in silence, his back toward his prisoners. They noticed an awful smell of blood mixed in with the sea salt air. George was keeping himself from throwing up as he was gagging.

'Bring the lady to my chambers' the Captain said without turning around. Kate's heart dropped in her chest, she couldn't be separated from Cutler and George, let alone what he might do to her. She started to panic and as if she couldn't control it, as she had always been capable of hiding her nerves, she took a step sideways, her small shoulder touching Cutler's higher one she took him by the blouse. She felt his hands slip around her waist, not caring about the fact whether it gentlemen like, it seemed like Cutler too did it out of the instinct of protection.

'No, she will not leave my side' Cutler raised his voice, but kept the calm tone it always had, it echoed on the silent deck. There was a long pause in which only the sound of the sails and the breeze moving its canvass was heard.

'Are you contradicting me, lad?' the Captain spoke up, but too in a calm manner. Suddenly he removed his piercing eyes away from Cutler as his much taller figure was watching down on him.

'I was planning on getting rid of you all, as we discovered the outbreak of the small pocks among you rats, but I figured at least one of you should be spared' the Captain started grinning.

So that was the reason the Captain was so eager to rid himself of his captives. Captain de Rapièr moved his fingers along Kate's face and followed the line of her jaw bone standing in front of them.

'And this one looks healthy and fit enough' he spoke quickly just before Cutler drove Kate back carefully out of the Captain's reach.

'What are you doing?!' George yelled and both Cutler and Kate turned around. George was being forced to walk the plank with the tip of a sword pointing in his back.

'Enjoy your time on the very own private island' the first mate pointed to an island in the distance. George was the next prisoner to be released. Before they could do anything the pirate with his sword in George's back moved his foot down on the plank, George lost balance and slipped into the water. Kate and Cutler shouted for his name but without any result. Cutler calculated the odds of George actually reaching the island in his head, and only hoped for the best. Cutler looked at Kate after he felt her slip from the grip he had on her, grabbed by one of the pirates who tried to drag her inside.

'Stop' Cutler shouted. To his surprise, the Captain and his crew did stop and watched him. Cutler quickly started calculating and tried to conceive a plan for escape, a plan to make sure at least Kate was safe.

'We can make a deal' Cutler spoke rapidly as the Captain's tall body overshadowed his.

'Enlighten us' the Captain spoke raising his hand to his crew that started laughing amused.

'Let her go, release her at the closest Port, take me as one of your slaves, I will serve you for the rest of my life without any resistance.. if you let her go' Cutler's deep voice managed to sound calm and determined even in a moment like this.

'Hah, and why would you trade your life for this lass may I ask?' the Captain bowed his long body over Cutler's even more, annoyed by his bravery. Cutler opened his mouth but couldn't bring out any words and looked the Captain in his cold emotionless eyes.

'Ah... You have a thing for the girl' the Captain spoke, his crew started laughing while one of the pirates moved his crooked fingers through Kate's long red hair as if he was acting out it was his. Another pirate, a short one on his toes now, was pouting his lips to her as if he was attempting to kiss her.

'Don't even bother mate, she's too high for you..' the Captain started laughing along with his crew. Then Cutler did something that changed the atmosphere completely as if it couldn't turn into a more dangerous situation, but he felt like it was the only way as he didn't seem to go in on his deal. Cutler had moved out the Captain's sword from its sheath, moving it up he raised it to the Captain's face. Kate gasped as she was released by the crew, all taking their weapons they moved toward the Captain and Cutler as he was threatening him. Kate stumbled back as she noticed Cutler signing her this was her chance. Kate immediately understood what he meant and quickly ran toward one of the longboats on the side of the large ship. Quickly she started untying the robes that would make the boat move down into the water.

Cutler was breathing heavily as he was surrounded by the crew. A few guns and swords were raised in his direction.

'What are you planning, boy? Challenging eight men into a sword fight?' the Captain was laughing loudly along with the crew.

'Men? You could call yourself hardly men. Let alone gentlemen. Look at your filthy clothes. Do you call that taste? These clothes are out-fashioned both in London and Paris' Cutler laughed sarcastically as he started distracting them by throwing insults at them. He noticed Kate setting in an escape in the very back of the deck. Captain de Rapièr was obviously a French man, clear by his thick accent and he seemed to care for fashion in some way, as most pirates did not. He was wearing an overdone purple suit, but it was wasted and old. Cutler was probably right about everything, but it was a distraction and it seemed to work well as they didn't notice the loud splash as Kate managed to fully lower one of the longboats into the water.

Minutes felt like hours as Cutler was driven back by the pirates. When he felt the balustrade of the ship's side in his back he knew his time was up.

'Kate leave now!' Cutler started screaming just before he surprised the Captain with a blow of his sword that seemed to impress and overwhelm him for a slight moment. All the pirates, as dumb as they were, started a duel against Cutler and didn't even notice Kate. It was a surprise that Cutler, being this young, was able to keep them off for a short period of time, and he actually distracted them from Kate still.

After repelling some of the attacks Cutler raised his sight on the rail on the other side of the deck, Kate had disappeared and was nowhere to be seen in the darkness outside. For a moment he felt a stone inside his stomach, but the feeling of her being saved from the pirates overruled.

Cutler fell to the ground and the sword slid over the ground into the direction of the Captain where he picked it up and brought it back to his belt. Cutler was being held down by at least three of the pirates and he felt the bones inside his arms crack as they roughly lifted his body from the ground. The Captain moved forward and lifted his flintlock to Cutler's forehead. Only anger and hate were read from Cutler's surprisingly calm face.

Cutler spat in front of the Captain that was laughing along with the rest of the pirates.

Suddenly there was a loud shot. Cutler had closed his eyes but opened them quickly as he realized he was still alive. His sight moved to someone standing with a large musket in the middle of the deck, as the smoke surrounded by the darkness of the night cleared it was Kate who seemed to have never even left.

Cutler started struggling inside the grip they had on him as the Captain slapped her face, after that taking her wrists before she ran. She was forced beside Cutler to the ground, now both on their knees, Kate watched the iron of now more guns point their way.

'You.. came back' Cutler whispered with a surprised tone to his voice. Kate started nodding as if she was telling him he was crazy to think she'd left.

'Of course' where the only words coming from her lips before the crew roughly pulled them up as the Captian was standing in front of them again.

'Take him to the mast and tie him up, it's time to beat some respect into this boy' the Captain hissed between his teeth facing Cutler who was soon dragged to the very back of the ship, close to the helm.

It started raining and immediately it was pouring down, making the deck slippery. Moving closer to the direction they were heading Cutler noticed there was something else making the deck slippery, he widened his eyes and saw this part of the deck was covered in blood. Kate, now shackled, got dragged alongside the Captain who held her arm tightly.

'Are you ready for a show Milady?' the Captain growled.

Kate beheld the same sight as Cutler and her breath got stuck in her throat. There was a sea of blood on the floor and mast, loose ropes hanging that were once white were covered in something that couldn't be anything but human blood. Cutler got tied to the mast with his arms stretched by ropes. The pirates forced him down and Cutler kneeled to the ground face down. His already soaked blouse got ripped in half which showed his bare back.

'No..' Kate whispered as soon as she realized what they were planning, but she was held back by the Captain. She tried to shake him off but the shackles made it impossible.

Then the most horrifying sound she'd ever hear in her life echoed in her head. The whip lashes cut into his flesh. The screams Cutler let out pierced her very soul. There were tears running down Kate's face and she couldn't stop screaming. She kept fighting the Captain's strong grip no matter the cost. The Captain was grinning and kept on grabbing her face, even though she was fighting for freedom, by her cheeks to make sure she was watching. It was like everything went by in slow motion and Kate felt the pain of every hit Cutler received like daggers piercing her heart. Cutler dropped onto the ground, exhausted by the pain after he received a dozen lashes already. It was clear he wasn't getting beaten as a warning, but truly plain torture, slamming into his flesh as if they wanted to reach the bone. The pirates tied his arms even higher up so there was no escaping.

It felt like the hits were going on and on, with no stop to it anytime soon. Cutler's screams became softer and his body weaker. Kate's screams were only louder. She didn't know if people died of this type of torture but she was afraid they would hit him to death.

With all the power in her body, Kate pushed the Captain away and managed to kick his private parts, which would distract him for a short period of time. Kate took that chance and stumbled towards Cutler. Then she did what could have been the most stupid thing possible, she forced her body in front of Cutler, raising her shackled arms forward like she was able to protect him from the pain. The pirate with the whip had himself positioned to hand out another hit but luckily stopped just in time. Kate looked at the pirates, breathing heavy, her eyes pierced their's and spoke nothing but hatred.

'This will end, now!' she shouted and didn't step aside when one of the pirates tried to pull her arm.

'You will move' the large pirate spoke calmly with the whip still placed above his head, ready for another blow.

'No' Kate spoke headstrong and was ready to receive the pain she might feel by taking this decision. She couldn't let them take Cutler, not after what they've done to all the other men she cared about. Not after all he had done for her. It was then she realized she truly cared for him in return.

'Kate' Cutler's soft and weak voice sounded from behind her.

'Don't' his voice continued, it sounded broken and she felt a lump in her throat. The Captain, recovered from his own pain, grabbed Kate by her wrists and pushed her to the ground hard-handed.

'Enough for the day. Bring these pathetic rats to their cell' the Captain ordered. The pirates released Cutler's weak body from the ropes and carried him below deck, Kate got picked up from the ground.

Once arrived at the cell complex again Cutler got thrown onto the wet ground. Kate got pushed in as well, she right away turned to Cutler. Crouching down next to him her hopeless eyes watched the pirates ready to take their leave.

'He needs medical aid.. at least provide me with something!' Kate yelled kneeled beside Cutler. The pirates laughed and closed the door shut behind their backs.

'See you tomorrow!' one of them screamed from behind the door.

The room was filled with silence. Kate took some straw left in the prison to make something more comfortable than the floor for Cutler to lay on.

'I'm sorry, I need to move you a little' Kate pulled Cutler by his arm and he moaned in pain as he lay stomach down on the self-made bed. She took the bucket with the water they drank from the last days and ripped the seam of her dress. She made it into a piece of cloth to aid the wounds on his back. It looked awful, but she was used to something. Kate sometimes aided wounded men aboard the naval ships alongside the physician, even though the disapproval of her father. But the fact that it was Cutler made it much different this time. The tears were still running down her face, it hadn't stopped since it all happened.

'I... I'm so sorry Cutler' Kate spoke as if she didn't know what to say and kneeled back down beside him so he could see her face, while still aiding his wounds. He felt dizzy and his sight wasn't clear, but he saw the tears running down her face and he felt some of the drops landing on his arm.

'Don't be sorry' Cutler's weak voice spoke and it made her feel warm inside, she was happy to hear him talk.

'You.. saved me' Cutler moved his hand at a slow pace and took hers. She got surprised and her heart skipped a beat, but she didn't release his hand and smiled at him.

'I had to' her voice whispered softly looking into his eyes.

Her touch felt amazing and he felt the skin of his hand tingle. But it was mixed with the sharp pain of his wounds. Cutler pinched her hand softly every time he moaned as the cloth touched his wounds.

Soon it had started to become fully dark. Kate kept on opening her eyes, watching Cutler sleeping still on his stomach recovering from his torn back. They tried to sleep as both their energy was drained from this day. It made her feel at ease once she noticed his soft snoring, that way she was sure he was sleeping and taking his much-needed rest.

Time went by slowly. Kate and Cutler were spending their days inside the brig, with no view on when it would end, whether that meant being rescued or face death. Every now and then they were allowed up the deck, but most of the time not for fresh air, Cutler was put to work. Kate was half of the time present when Cutler needed to do hard manual labor in the bright hot sun, sometimes they left her in the brig as they believed she was a useless woman. The few times she was up on deck the pirates made sure Cutler worked within the heat until he passed out of exhaustion while they made her watch. Kate with her hands shackled together had forced herself out of the hold of the pirates trying to reach Cutler to help him, screaming he needed water and shade. But it was all in vain.

Many of their nights Kate was brought back to the cell, once it was dark and dead silent on the ocean. Cutler still up on deck was receiving a beating every night, as if the pirates planned it out. They watched him being tortured as an entertainment. Kate had bagged, cried, and screamed as she almost forced herself through the bars of the brig to save Cutler from his horrifying fate up the deck. It had driven her insane not being able to do anything. Every time when they were finished his weak and lifeless body was brought back to her.

Kate sobbing against the bars watched Cutler being brought down to her the fourth night in a row. Once the cell door opened Kate crawled into his direction and took over his lifeless body, covered in blood.

'Please.. stop this now... I will do anything' Kate was whispering in pain, tears streaming down her cheeks. The pirates started laughing.

'You can make it up to the Captain, but you keep refusing to company him every night' the slender pirate in front started laughing and moved his hand down to Kate's neck. To everyone's surprise, Cutler breathing heavily grabbed the hand of the pirate now touching Kate, his eyes lifted on the pirate acting out as if it hurt and Cutler hissed between his teeth.

'Let her.. be' he pushed the words from his throat. Every night Cutler defended her from being taken away to the Captain's chambers taking on the punishment for it every night that followed. Even though he was nearly beaten to death he wouldn't give up on protecting her at all costs. The pirate released his hand from Cutler's grip and they started laughing.

'Enjoy the night once more!' the other pirate yelled before leaving them behind in the dark.

There were small candles across the cell Kate had put up some days ago with the few things they were provided with. They lid up Cutler's back that was torn by the whip lashes, Kate felt her heart die when she saw pieces of his skin now hanging loose and even she had to swallow by the sight. She moved him down on his belly, back on the bed made of straw.

After a while, Cutler managed to sit up straight when Kate finished aiding his back and he found the strength to sit up carefully so she could examine him further. Kate watched his face in the candlelight closely, up until now, they left alone his handsome face, but besides his left eye, she discovered a big bruise moving all the way back to his temple. His watery blue eyes watched her in silence. Moving a cold wet cloth to the bruise, he softly moaned as it touched his skin.

Cutler noticed a tear rolling down her rosy cheek. He moved his hand on top of the one that was still on her lap. Her red hair looked like it was made of gold in the candlelight. Slowly moving his other hand up he took her cheek within the palm of his left hand, his thumb moved away another tear falling down. There was a warmth inside of him even though his back was aching, it felt like she truly cared and it did much to him. Over the last couple of days, they had gotten to know each other a lot better. They both shared everything about their lives, their dreams, and hopes. Of course, their main goal was to leave this hell. Cutler thought back to one of the nights when his back made it unbearable to sleep. How Kate had all night sat up straight back against the cold walls, making him lay his head on her lap, functioning as a pillow so his back did not need to touch the ground. How her small tender fingers moved through his ash dark blonde hair while her soft beautiful voice was singing to him, giving him the comfort and rest to finally fall asleep. He only kept on growing toward her more and more throughout time. Cutler had even felt something he had never felt before and he wondered if it was the thing everyone called love, but after some time he was very sure it indeed was. He had never experienced it, it felt so strong and every time she touched him it made even the deepest physical pain disappear. Even though their many conversations Cutler felt like this moment did not need any words.

Kate saw Cutler's deep stare and a warmth moved through her body. She caught herself looking at Cutler's bare chest as his blouse was hanging from his body. He was in good shape, not that she had seen many men's chests to compare, but it made her face feel warm. Her hand lifted slowly to his chest and she laid her soft fingers on the place where his heart was beating. Still, without exchanging any words their fingers met with the hand that rested on her lap, they slowly hooked together. Kate looked up and saw Cutler was gazing into her eyes. Her hand on his chest moved towards his shoulder and she placed her arm softly around his neck.

Cutler's heartbeat rose as she came closer to his face. This time he looked at her lips and moved his free arm around her waist and pulled her closer gently. He closed his eyes and felt his lips touch hers. All the pain from the deep wounds seemed to fade into the background as their lips continued touching into a gentle but passionate kiss. He couldn't believe this was happening. Her lips felt so soft, mixed with the tears still running down her face.

Kate broke the kiss suddenly and stood up from the ground.

'I'm so sorry.. this.. I have no idea what I was thinking' she said stuttering turning away from him, facing the bars and curling her finger around them. Cutler was surprised since he was just as guilty, but he had enjoyed this and didn't regret it.

Kate noticed his surprised and concerned look and felt like she screwed up even more. She enjoyed it, but she didn't want to lead him on. They could never be together if they even make it out alive, could they?

'I'm not sorry, but I won't do it again if you didn't enjoy it' he said without moving from his place on the ground. Kate paced up and down the cell and stopped in front of Cutler to sit down again.

'I enjoyed it too Cutler. But we.. us.. we can't..' Cutler finished her sentence 'can't be together. I understand' Cutler felt a pain in his chest when he spoke the words, which didn't come from his wounds.

The sun now had fully risen from the sea. It was a clear sky and the sea was calm. Cutler laying on the ground on the straw bed tried to catch some sleep. Kate was standing at the door of the cell, her arms crossed, staring into the distance. All of a sudden there was a loud bang and Kate tripped over. Cutler tried to catch her and immediately moaned from the sharp pain of his back. Kate looked at him concerned.

'What was that?' Kate whispered while she returned to her feet. Quickly she touched Cutler's shoulder to make sure he was alright after a few more moans escaped his lips, but without any words, he signed her he was alright.

'It sounded like a cannonball shot' Cutler looked around from his place on the ground. There was more noise and they heard the Captain yell from up the deck. Something about taking the hostages. Not soon after that two pirates running below, through the corridor, arrived breathing heavily in front of their cell and they took Kate and Cutler out, forcing them upstairs at a quick pace. Cutler moaned again from the pain as they kept on pushing his back to move them upstairs. Kate protested that he wasn't in shape to move from their location in the cell.

But Kate's protesting stopped once they reached the deck.

There was a large ship with white sails followed by a few more, it was a familiar sight.

'It's my father' Kate whispered in Cutler's direction while holding his arm to keep him up. Cutler watched the large ships approaching, it was a small armada and it was clear they were on a rampage of destroying every pirate vessel they passed. They were coming for her. Finally, she would be safe, Cutler's thoughts were raging through his mind, trying to ignore his pain while the blood was still dripping from his back onto the deck.

There was a large number of white-wigged men entering the pirate ship as soon as they hooked their gangplank onto it. It all happened fast and before they knew it all of the men pointed their weapons at the pirates surrounded in the middle of the deck. A tall man wearing a brown one curl ponytail wig with a tall and impressive posture made his way from behind his men and his eyes seemed to be searching in haste.

'Father' Kate spoke up still holding onto Cutler tightly, her voice carrying emotion and relief. A cold moved down her spine as she suddenly felt the icy touch of metal against the skin of her left temple. Noticing Cutler softly pulling her arm she looked aside and saw Captain de Rapièr holding his flintlock to her head. Cutler wanted to make a move but before he knew it he had a gun to his head as well.

'You will let her go or I will command my men to shoot this hell vessel to the Locker' it was Lord Charles Florence, Kate's father speaking in anger. His voice had been harsh and commanding. It took a long while before Captain de Rapièr answered. Like he, for what felt like the first time, didn't know what to say. There was only the sound of the waves slamming against the hull of the ship.

'Let's make a deal' Captain de Rapièr suddenly spoke, breaking the short silence. Lord Florence shook his head questioning. It was clear he was ready to attack, but he wouldn't fire until Kate was safe, so Captain de Rapièr had to make a deal for him to get away.

'I keep the boy and you can have your Miss. As long as you let us leave in one piece' the Captain spoke rather optimistic, hoping to get at least something out of this after they let them go. Kate opened her mouth to speak against this ridiculous plan but was interrupted by her father.

'Deal' Lord Florence spoke in cold blood. Kate was making a noise which showed her surprise and frustration but quickly she hissed at the pirate that was pushing her forward away from Cutler as she almost tripped. She could have run towards her father like he expected her to do. But she didn't move and refused to take another step while she watched Cutler's surprised and concerned face from over her shoulder.

'I'm not leaving without him father' Kate returned her sight to her father who seemed to be ready to enter his own ship. He watched her in confusion and shook his head once more.

'Katherina, you're safe. Don't try to do anything foolish now' Lord Florence spoke strictly, he lifted his elbow and offered her his arm while he commanded one of his men to make sure she wouldn't get hurt.

'Father I beg you' Kate kept on standing still, right in between her father's men and the pirate crew.

'I'm not risking any of my men to secure this boy' Lord Florence spoke strictly. Kate felt a hand taking her arm and she quickly pulled it away roughly. The young man trying to get her to Lord Florence watched her in surprise as he hadn't expected her to refuse him to escort her to safety.

'Then I won't leave either' Kate suddenly turned her back on the men and started strolling back towards Cutler who was watching with his jaw lowered. As Kate returned in front of him Cutler quickly reached for her hands and took them both in his firm grip, looking down on her his eyes pierced hers like they were begging.

'Katherina, please do as your father says. I want you to be safe. Don't worry about me' Cutler knew if they would leave him behind it would be his end. But all that mattered was her safety.

'No' Kate watched Cutler as she spoke firmly. Captain de Rapièr suddenly pushed aside some of his crew members, it was clear he ran out of patience.

'Make up your mind!' the Captain yelled and grabbed Kate again, pulling her arm he managed to get her into a holt with his weapon besides her face. At that moment all Lord Florence's men started shooting the pirates one by one. Captain de Rapièr was pulled back by his collar, a loud shot was fired into the air just after he was forced to release Kate. She gasped for breath and lifting her dress she ran toward Cutler struggling to get loose from one of the pirates. To her relief just when she arrived Cutler got released as well when one of the guards stabbed the pirate who was holding him hostage. Cutler's eyes were searching and ended when he watched Kate in all the chaos move in his direction. A hearable sigh of relief came from his lips and he took Kate by her hand. They quickly moved through the crowd, dodging all the men fighting and protecting her with his body they made it to the ship through one of the planks. Quickly rushing into the corridor of the HMS Victoria after a while, the leading ship of her father's Company. Lord Florence now too returned on his own ship, he reached for Kate, forcing her into an embrace tightly. It didn't take long before the men withdrew. Once all of the men returned to the ship as well they were commanded to open fire. The pirate ship was attacked by a rain of cannonballs, making it sink to the bottom of the ocean. Both Cutler and Kate, still in each other's arms watched the ship of their nightmare sink to the bottom of the ocean.

'Katherina, you have any idea what could have happened?!' Lord Florence was angered by concern. Kate lowered her sight but soon raised it as she felt a weight rest on her arms. It was Cutler almost losing consciousness. The ground was covered in blood.

'Father he needs medical care!' Cutler heard Kate screaming, almost like her voice was coming from miles away. He was leaning against the side of the corridor now while Kate was still holding him from his other side. He lost so much blood and noticed his legs couldn't carry him any longer, then it all went black.

When Cutler opened his eyes it was at night, he seemed to be in the hospital ward on the ship as he remembered where he was and all that had happened. He must have lost consciousness earlier. Laying on the most comfortable bed he had felt in weeks, or even years. The wounds were taken care of properly and the pain was slightly less. By his bed was a porcelain bowl of fresh warm water. He sat straight on his bed and took the cloth, removing the dirt of the last weeks from his face. He looked in the mirror and was amazed by his image, but the man he knew soon returned after removing his slightly grown beard and returning his hair in a ponytail with a black ribbon. Cutler let out a sigh and moved down on the bed again. He couldn't believe what had happened in the last few hours. Kate saved his life, while he was the one who promised to protect her. She didn't owe him anything, and still, she risked her own life, twice. That was something he would never forget, for the rest of his life. He'll do anything to one day be good enough for her...

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

24.3K 535 15
Elizabeth Swann is on her way to marry William Turner, but she feels as if her marriage with him is the wrong decision since she met a pirate named C...
24.9K 596 10
"What concerns did you want to discuss? Or are you just keeping me here to dress me in pretty gowns?" she spoke as she took a sip of the tea. It was...
7K 266 13
ᴺᵒᵗ ᵃˡˡ ᵗʳᵉᵃˢᵘʳᵉ ⁱˢ ˢⁱˡᵛᵉʳ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵍᵒˡᵈ It all started with a punishment- her romance with Jack. Artemis never thought she would fall in love with a pira...
12.6K 323 9
Years after the events of At Worlds End, Jack and Annette find each other once again. They team up with Blackbeard, one of the most fearsome pirates...