Bad Boy Benefits

By oxwallflowerxo

#1 in Popular 29th March 2020 #1 in Teen Romance 19th Oct 2019 & September 08 2020 #1 in Bad Boy on 17th Oct... More

BEFORE YOU READ
AUTHORS NOTES
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4) EDITED MAY 2020
(5)
(6)
(7)
(7.25)
(7.50)
( 8 )
(9)
(10)
( 11 )
(12) EDITED NOV'019
(13) EDITED DEC 2019
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
Book Cover Vote
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
(35)
(36)
(37)
(38)
(39)
(40) EDITED NOV '19
(41)
(42)
(43)
(44)
(45)
(46)
(47)
(48)
(49)
(50)
(51)
(52)
Bonus Dinner Scene
(53)
(54)
(55)
(56)
(57)
(58)
(59)
(60)
(61)
BRODY WHO?
(62)
(63)
A TRIBUTE TO THE FIRST MAN I EVER LOVED.
(64)
(65)
(66)
(67)
(68)
(69) Epilogue
AUTHOR UPDATE
COVER HELP

(28)

55.1K 1.3K 230
By oxwallflowerxo

Song Above: Txtin WSTRN

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

I was aggressively trying to shove my textbooks in my jam-packed locker when I shoved too hard and my notes fell out of the gap and onto the floor.

I let out a sigh and bent down to collect the scattered paper when a hand snatched them before I could object. I looked up from my crouched position and a tall redhead I recognized from History class stood in front of me, my notes in her hand. I think her name was Charline or Chantelle or-

"Charlotte, my names Charlotte,"

Oh god, did I say that out loud?

"Hi Charlotte," I said despite the fact my cheeks were red from being caught out. I can't believe I had forgotten her name.

"Are you dating Ryan?" She blurted out and I took a step back and cocked a brow. My eyes flickered to my notes that were still in her hand, which was crinkling from her grip and I gestured towards them.

"Can I have my notes back?"

She rolled her eyes, the cheek, "Yeah sure,"

She passed them back to me which I hastily grabbed in fear that she was going to try and cut me with the paper. She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned on the nearest locker.

"Anyways are you dating Ryan?" Oh, this girl was persistent.

"Why?" I asked matching her tone and her crossed arms. I leaned on my locker and watched her suspiciously.

It had been over a month since we were official. We didn't make a huge announcement with banners and party poppers nor did we change our Facebook relationship statuses. He'd always walk me to class and give me a kiss on the cheek goodbye, which was sweet so I assumed speculation started there. I'd had people give me curious glances and I once caught a girl in freshman year talking about me in the bathroom but never had someone be so direct and ask me outright.

Most people didn't care enough to ask, but this girl seemed to.

Now I had to find out why.

"Just curious," She shrugged and if I didn't have a paranoid personality I might have believed her.

It was a strange situation. I knew girls had a crush on Ryan, you'd be silly not to, but I wasn't jealous about that fact. I think I cared more about the concept of someone thinking they can have what's mine. Obviously I didn't own Ryan, you cannot own a person, but our relationship was mine, well ours and no one should get in a way of that.

I scoffed, "So you are so curious you came over, stole my notes and then asked if I'm with Ryan? Not even a hello, how has your day been?"

She rolled her eyes again, "I didn't steal your notes,"

"That's because I stopped you," I replied and she let out a sigh.

"Are you going to answer the question? She asked with irritation in her voice.

"Are you going to butt out of my business?"

"Whatever Ivy, you're so weird," She tossed her long red hair over her shoulder, turned on her heel and strutted off down the hallway. I watched her retreating frame with a baffled look across my face.

"I'm not weird you're the weird one," I said even though she could no longer hear me. I shook my head and closed my locker. I spun around and gasped when I walked into what I thought was a wall but it was softer and smelt like peaches.

"What did Charlotte Barnes want?" Rose's brows scrunched together as she stared at the spot where Charlotte once stood.

Brody was beside her, his hair in a lazy mop on top of his head, his jaw was darker from the stubble that had formed and he wore a tight-fitting black t-shirt. He didn't even look at me as he leaned against the wall staring at people passing by with a bored expression on his face.

He'd been like that since our conversation on the phone. He barely even acknowledged me. He had chosen to confide in me and I don't know why and I'd grown to not care anymore. His hot and cold antics were giving me a migraine. All I should care about is the fact he forgave Rose for the spying incident. I don't know whether they resolved the bedroom problem but if I'm honest, I didn't really want to know the answer. Rose hasn't mentioned it to me so I'm assuming that yes they have.

I shrugged my shoulders, "She just wanted to know my business,"

She tutted and shook her head, "Of course she does, nosy bishes,"

"It was so weird," I added thinking about the whole situation.

"Charlotte's always been weird, do you remember when she kept bugs in a jar in her rucksack all through kindergarten?"

"Oh yeah, and she'd sprinkle them on her food?"

Rose shuddered, "That right there rings alarm bells,"

"What are you guys doing for lunch?" I asked as we started to walk away from the lockers. We were walking towards the field as it was a sunny day and everyone gravitated outside even when there was a little bit of sun.

"We were just going to sit under the tree's in the shade," Rose said.

"Can I join?" I asked and ignored the sigh that escaped Brody's lips. Ryan was helping out in the science lab so I was officially a loner at lunch. I didn't want to do mean girls and eat my lunch in the bathroom so I thought I'd join them. If Brody didn't like it then he would have to suck it up.

"Sure you can." Rose smiled whilst Brody didn't. He walked a couple of steps in front of us and I pulled a face at his back, which Rose chuckled at.

When we reached outside the sun blared down on my face and I wished I had brought sun cream. I had the type of skin that burnt easily, I blamed it on my Irish roots. I tried to bow my head down to minimize the damage and almost walked into Brody's towering frame.  He had stopped at a patch of shade and was waiting for us to catch up. I looked up to see his unimpressed face staring down at me. He shook his head and sat down in the shade stretching his long legs in front of him. Rose joined him, sitting close enough that she might as well sat on his lap. I looked at anywhere else but them and paused.

Where the hell was I going to sit?

Brody had found a spot that was enough shade for both of them but not enough for me to sit and be fully protected. My eyes flickered around the field to see if there was anywhere I could sit but they were already filled. I groaned internally and sank to the grass. I narrowed my eyes at him when I saw a smirk form on his face.

The bastard did this on purpose!

I went to call him every name under the sun but Rose spoke before I could get the words out.

"So you know its Ryan's birthday in a few weeks time," I didn't know that, "We were planning a surprise,"

"What kind of surprise?" I asked pulling at the t-shirt I was wearing. It was already sticking to my skin. I was so awful at this girlfriend fiasco, I didn't know when my boyfriends birthday was and I hadn't even planned anything. If it hadn't been for Rose he would have just got a silly card and a present he wouldn't even like.

"We are going to an escape room," She beamed and both Brody and I's faces dropped. This was clearly a one-sided decision.

"Don't they trap you in there forever?" He gulped.

I rolled my eyes, "No you idiot, that's kidnapping,"

"Well you hear stories," He glared.

"I don't know what kind of stories you read but it sounds like bull,"

"Coming from the queen of bullshit,"

I squared my chest, "What'd you call me fat head?"

"My head isn't fat," He exclaimed, "At least my cheeks aren't red"

My hands flew to my face and my eyes widened, "What do you mean red? Am I burning?"

"You look like a lobster,"

"Screw you," I scrambled through my bag for a mirror, "This is all because your fat head is covering all the shade," I looked in the mirror and gasped. My cheeks were covered in a hot, angry, red rash from the sun. I let out a war cry and lunged for him which he dodged. Any slower and I would have had him. He jumped to his feet flustered and eyes bulging. I went for him again but Rose stood in the way.

She stretched her hands out to her sides, "Guys stop this,"

"He did this on purpose," I yelled, pointing an accusing finger in his direction.

"I did not," He yelled back over Rose's shoulder. He knew to not take a step forward or else he'd be dead.

"Then why did you choose the smallest spot you could find huh?"

"It was the only spot I could find you crazy motherfuc-"

"Hey, Guys," We all turned to find Ryan hovering, his eyes flickering to us all with a confused look on his face, "Ivy, what's happened to your face?"

Chapter 28 all published and that 😬

I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has been reading so far!

183k views! I mean wow! I know it might not seem like a lot to some people but for me who thought I wouldn't even get a hundred views this is a big thing!

So again I want to say thank you and I'm excited to continue to take you on Ivy's journey!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 23.7K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
82.2K 3K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
610K 13.5K 67
{book two of the Gang love series} * I got pulled into an empty classroom and a pair of hands covered my eyes. "Guess who?" he whispered into my ear...
3.1M 77.7K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...