Propose to me πŸ’ (Editing)

By Lynn_dire

A story of a secretary named "Trexie " pronounced (TrexC). What happens when her relationship has lasted for... More

CAST
BEGINNING-PROPOSE TO ME
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note

Chapter 6.

195 45 42
By Lynn_dire

Trexie's POV

Taking those painful positions, alerted me that I was still in bed, past my wake time, and should probably wake up. I opened my eyes slowly so they could adjust to the brightness of the room.

Bryan's room? Huh? I sat up gently when I looked beside me and saw him typing on his laptop, with his back resting on the nightstand. He didn't acknowledge my presence? What have...oh! Ummm... I scratched the nape of my neck, remembering my sins.

I scooted closer to him "B-Baby" he still ignored me. I covered the space between us and wrapped my palm on his neck. Moving closer to his neck, I whispered "Baby, Good Morning" I kissed his cheek.

"Morning" He replied curtly.

"I waited for you, but fell asleep because I was having a headache"

"Mmm," he just hummed, his attention still on his laptop.

"I am sorry, please forgive me" I wrapped my two hands on his neck, and rested my head on his shoulder. Hopefully, he can give me his attention now.

"Mmm," He hummed again.

Arghh! My tear glands peeped their heads.

"Baby... I'm sorry "I sobbed.

"Hey!" He grabs my jaw so he could see my face. "I have forgiven you. And you won't talk to me that way again right?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! I won't ever try it "I nodded with each yes and pouted my lips.

"Right?" He asks.

And I nodded again.

"Okay," He utters.

I looked down still feeling ashamed of my previous acts.

"Babe?"He called.

I looked up immediately. Does he want to take back his forgiveness?

"Mm?" my eyes widen.

He chuckles and kept his laptop on the desk. Turning back to me "You know what your face looks like now?"

I shook my head and that made him laugh.

He dragged my arm and I scooted closer to him. He cupped my chin"Don't worry, you're still beautiful" I blushed. He brings his face closer to mine, with his eyes fixated on mine as he edges further, I closed my eyes ready to feel the fireworks that go off on my head whenever he kisses me. But at the verge of my sweet anticipation, I only felt his hot breath on my face and his palm still placed delicately on my cheek. I pepped through my closed eyes and found him smirking at me. I popped both eyes open immediately and asked.

"What?" It came out as a whisper.

With his smirk still on display, he stared at my eyes and that left me wondering.

"What's wrong?" Another whisper.

He said nothing and his gaze goes to my lips, and I didn't know what to feel at the moment. He edges closer and within a second our lips met. My eyes were still wide open, trying to comprehend what has just happened when he tickled me.

"Thinking while I'm kissing you?" He tickles me again.

"Hahaha-aaahh-ha-haha" I fell flat on the bed, and he straddled me still tickling me.

"Ssstop-st-ooooppp, haha-aaha" I laughed.

"Will you stop thinking and kiss me?" He continued tickling me.

"Ok" he stopped and I tried to catch my breath, but he smashes our lips together again. I responded quickly, kissing him as my life depended on it. His hands roamed my whole body and just when I was about to savor the moment, he broke the kiss, and before I could say something, he lashes on my neck, making a moan escape through me.

"I want to ask you a question babe" he nibbled on my neck.

"Not now"I tightened my grip on his shirt.

"Hmm, why?" He whispered in my ear.

"Shut up and get busy"

He giggled in my ear and it sounded like a melody. Now I want more of him.

"Ryan..."

"Why would your Boss call you late at night?"He whispers in my ear again.

"Huh?" My eyes widened, any mood I was set in vanished into a thin air.

"Yes, why?"He kisses my cheeks.

With Bryan's arm resting over my head, I used every strength I had, and escaped through it quickly, before he could hold me back. Rushing over to the desk I grabbed my phone, checking if my Boss truly called. My phone was off, so I powered it, guessing that he must have called very late and Bryan switched it off.

"If he called, you should've woke me," I said, staring at my screen while it powered.

"If he called late... Oh my God!"I exclaimed at the missed calls.

Bryan groaned and said through gritted teeth"Will you come back to the bed Trex!"He fell at the space I escaped from.

"No no!"I looked around and saw his car key, I grabbed it and looked around for my purse, whilst saying..."I didn't come in my car, I should take yours. My Boss is back, I need to go to work. That's his reason for calling that late" I said in between heavy breaths.

"What?"Bryan asked like he didn't hear a word I said.

I reached for my slipper and slide it on"It means I'm going to work" I ran to the door and opened it, screaming "I am sorry baby!" before I jammed the door.

I could have sworn, I heard Bryan cussing right now and the sound of something breaking. What was that? Why is he acting up, and what broke? I will find out when I come back. Right now, I have to rush to work.

***
"I am sorry sir, I was asleep when you called."I apologized to my Boss.

He smiled at me and my eyebrows rose.

I was trying to comprehend what just happened when he added.

"There's nothing to apologize for Trexie," he said smiling.

He is smiling? And really? Nothing to apologize for? Umm, I didn't see that coming. Here I was thinking he would go all bitchy on me. Hey! Yes, I do call my Boss a bitch. He acts like one, I mean who comes to the office, and you greet him and he ignores you like you two are fighting over a man. Or, because I came to the office with a new trendy Fendi Handbag, rocking a body hug gown like I'm Kim K. He makes me think like that sometimes; but him being this nice to me now, I swear I don't know how to act to that.

"Ahm, ok"I managed to mutter.

"I just wanted to talk to you, that's why I called. I'm sorry I disturbed" He entwines his fingers and rested his hard jaw on them while staring at me.

"..." what am I meant to say? Thanks? Ok?

He stood up from his seat " Trexie, I want to thank you immensely for the other day"

"Sir?"I called dumbly like I didn't hear him.

He grins and sat on his desk, sitting directly opposite me.
"Hey, I acted stupidly but your words had a deep effect on me. Good effect precisely, and I must say...one doesn't know his blessing is on his fingertips until it slips off" He takes a deep breath. "Trex"

My eyes widen at the mention of my pet name, only my paddies call me that. He seems to have a lot of surprising packages for me today.

"I am sorry for reprimanding you that day" He drops the last bomb.

Nico is apologizing? Who are you and what have you done to my Boss? My jaw drops.

"I am truly sorry Trex, "He says walking closer to me and that prompted me, to take a step back. Doesn't this man know he has made the atmosphere awkward already?

"Please forgive my cow-toed attitude"He pleads.

I still had no word in my mouth, I was running a halter skelter on my brain, trying to find a word. When two big hands enveloped my palms, making me shiver at his touch. When did he get this closer?

"Sir..." Alright, this whole thing feels so weird.

"Trex, I know I'm a shitty person. But forgive me, sometimes my bad seems to get that hold on me. But I'm a good man "His eyes soften.

Shit! I didn't just look my Boss in the eyes.

I looked down immediately "I don't know what and why you're apologizing to me."

"I lashed out on you that day like you were the one behind my anger. You only advised me, you said "whatever it is that I shouldn't let the behavior of others destroy my inner peace." Honestly Trex, I found my inner peace. I realized that instant, that I long chased out my peace. I am thankful to God for placing you right close to me, and I've been feeling bad about my outburst. " He said like he practiced those lines before now.

Where is my Boss Nico, the cocky bastard, who would always rant and I would wonder why he still kept me? The male bitch who once occupied this office.

I gently slipped my hands of his.
"Um-mm-mmm-you're welcome?"

He smiled hugely, bumping his head.

Ok, man, you didn't just win a trophy, but you seem more excited than the person who did. This room reeks mass-level awkwardness, so I'm just going to leave him to it.

"Hey!"He called, stopping me in my tracks.

I squeezed my eyes shut and after what seemed like minutes, I gently turned back to him, with a forced smile plastered on my face.

"Can I buy you dinner?"

WHAT!

"No sir" I answered quickly before, I let myself think of it.

"Please" he pouted.

Eeww! No, it does irritate me because I'd never swing my boss way. Though he might look cute to you...ok, I know he is cute.

"Sir..."

"Thank you and God bless you! I am buying you Dinner" He clapped his hands and winked at me, happiness dancing around his features.

Wink? Nico winked at me? Like me?  Trexie Mason? Could this day get any better?

I am out!!!

***
With the way I was laughing, one would think that I and my Boss were close friends. He is the basket mouth of Nigeria, who knew he was this funny?.

"I must have missed this part of you" He decided to ruin the moment.

I stopped laughing and cleared my throat.

He giggled" I just ruined a moment"

I noticed I haven't touched my juice yet, so I grabbed the glass and made myself busy.

"Trex?" he called, and I looked up, and saw him beaming.

"I am not that bad you know?"

I wanted to say something but he added again "And I 'm saying this because I want to watch you be all dramatic" he bites his lips to stifle a laugh but I saw through it.

I looked away and grabbed my drink again. And I heard him chuckle.

I felt his palm on mine and I began to remove my hand slowly, his eyes fixated on mine. What's his deal? He is not being professional right now. Do I need to say a creep?

"You have no idea how cute you look right now"He smiles and took back his hands, relaxing on his seat.

Cute?

Is my Boss flirting with me?

He cleared his throat and itched the nape of his neck, looking anywhere but me. Oh, I think it slipped.

I have made the mood more awkward, I should lighten it up, I guess?

"Ah! Pffft! I hear that all the time"I beamed.

His mouth drops open as I surprised him.

1point to me.

"Something you haven't heard before?" I arched my brows.

He giggles. 5points to me!

"Awesome, thank you for finally being comfortable with me. It's all a strategy." he grins.

"Uh?" All 6points go to him. I reached for my juice glass again, but he blocks it with his hand.

"You have sipped that a hundred times, it doesn't finish? Are you going back to not being comfortable with me again?"

"..."

A few seconds past and we broke out into a burst of laughter.

"Sorry" I muttered.

He just smiled and continued his meal.

"Thanks for accepting my invitation though"

"I never accepted!"

"So I dragged you?"

"What?" My brows creased.

He laughed again, holding his chest. The laughter was a sight to love, he should wear this face more.

How dare you swing that way? My subconscious mind flared.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

Do you blame me, this is the first time we've been this friendly, and it's a compliment. A nice one.

I dropped my cutlery and grabbed a serviette, dabbing it on my lips. He seems to have been coming down from whichever high he was in.

"The look you wore, if I did capture it, and make it a fine art to exhibit, you'd fetch me a fortune"

I scoffed and glanced at him," So you're an artist now?"

He gives me a boyish smile and sipped his drink. "You mused me"

"Then you have an unfortunate dream" I smiled sweetly.

He laughs lowly again and filled my glass.

"You got to see my good side today, what will you say so far? Will you give me a distinction or a pass?" He squinted his eyes.

I chose sarcasm.

"Is this where you give me my certificate of honour ?" I said sarcastically.

"Oh! Is this who you truly are?" He asks with his mouth agape.

"A little bit of sass won't hurt"I beamed.

He laughed "I am loving it"

"Don't be so sure Sir"

"It Nico, and I beg you to act this way with me"

I shook my head.

"I am damn serious Trex! Oh, my attitude problem? I have been this way since I was a kid, I was told"

"I am not going to ask what happened"I smirked.

"Really?" he grins, something he has been doing often with me.

I like it though.

"You must have mistaken your attitude with being a Boss"

He adjusts himself like I'd interest him with this.

"Tell me something I don't know"

"Attitude is something you're born with, though some people practice it..."

He chuckles.

"Like a Boss, your attitude mustn't be questioned," I concluded.

"Why?"He smiles and folded his arms.

"Professionalism is an attitude, Not a time commitment"

"Mmm," He nods "I won't argue with you on that"He sipped his drink.

"Again if I decide not to be comfortable with you, I am certainly being professional" I shrugged.

"No! ok yes, but, I don't want it that way with you."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You have worked for me for years now, and you still want to be uncomfortable around me?"

"I am not being uncomfortable. I can be me around you but..."

"Awesome, I want it that way please"

I sighed, he won't stop at this right?

"Ok"

He smiles "You know why I've kept you this long, even though you turn to a boil on my ass sometimes?"

I scoffed, he just didn't.

He chuckles.

"Trex, you're someone who calms trouble and soothes rough edges. You make my strenuous work easy for me. And most especially, you have chosen to be more amiable than most"

How sweet. Did he just compliment me? How much I love being commended on my hard work. I am gonna tear up.

I smiled and tried to hold my tears at bay.

"So I have been wanting to give you a gift. Then I came up with a trip out of the country with me"

"Huh?" I asked because that sounded stupid.

"With me because it's a business trip" he coughs aside.

A business trip? Wow!

***

Since yesterday, I haven't gotten a call from Bryan and he wouldn't return mine. So this morning, I made it my number 1 priority to visit him, and maybe stay the rest of the weekend with him.

"Bryan!" I called as I entered his sitting room.

"Babe?"

I searched the rooms not seeing him, I sat on the couch and fished out my phone. I hope he takes my call. Is he angry with me? Geez, I hope not. I called and no answer, I tried again for the third time but the same thing.

Where is he now? God, I think he is mad at me.

I heard laughter outside the apartment.

Female laughter.

Familiar laughter.

I felt goosebumps crawl up my body, as I stood up quickly and headed to the backyard.

My jaw dropped at what was before me. A girl on a bikini, my bikini!

"Amaya!"

She turns to me and her eyes widen.

"Trex..."

Hiya!😍

Oh, Amaya! If you did something stupid, I will create a chapter and kill you!😠

COMMENT people😒
Don't forget to Vote ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

896K 34.8K 52
2nd place in Wicked Awards 3rd place in The Waterfall Awards "You're real funny Kevin Reynolds, the marriage is just a contract so no I'm not going t...
3.2M 140K 38
Nick doesn't believe that a marriage needs love to survive, and he's out to prove it by marrying a stranger. But after proposing to headstrong waitre...
5.8K 336 32
Having already been hurt after falling for her straight friend Amy, Drew has vowed not to fall for anyone else at work. What's the point, when lovin...
26.4K 4.2K 50
What happens when your carefully planned life comes crumbling down? Funmilola Olarenwaju had her life planned out...owner of two orphanages and a top...