In a Month โœ“

By ishitabhattbhatt

[FEATURED]Thrown together on a one month long honeymoon, Vansh and Ahaana had to live under one roof in an ap... More

In A Month
character aesthetics + playlist.
Prologue
Day 1 Arrival
Day 2 Break-fast
Day 3 Softie
Day 4 Lunch
Day 6 Sorry
Day 7 Sofa
Day 8 Annoying
Day 9 Reassurance
Day 10 Sink
Day 11 Like
Day 12 Feelings
Day 13 Alcohol
Day 14 Creep
Day 15 Kisses
Day 16 Books
Day 17 Fever
Day 18 Date
Day 19 Scars
Day 20 Piku
Day 21 Play
Day 22 Clothes
Day 23 Love
Day 24 Proposal
Day 25 Date
Day 26 One
Day 27 Room
Day 28 Shopping
Day 29 Understand
Day 30 Departure
Epilogue
Day 248 Bonus 1
Day 2000 Bonus 2
Deleted/Replaced Part Day 18
spin-off, other books and thank you note

Day 5 Blunder

16K 993 86
By ishitabhattbhatt

Day 5

It was a pretty boring day, both of us were tired of working. It was five in the evening. He took up the audit and I decided to help him with work, so we could have some time off towards the end and enjoy the trip.

We first worked in the study room, then went to work in his room, took a break to make and eat lunch, worked in my room, took a break for tea, and now we were working again in the living room. He was sitting on the single sofa keeping his legs on the teapoy, with his laptop in his lap.

We kept changing rooms to avoid boardroom and have a chance to avoid distractions. Sitting on the sofa, his arms were folded and he was reading something. His forehead had wrinkles and he kind of squinted his eyes.

He looked cute

I suddenly remembered what happened yesterday. The memory flooded in my head and I could not stop this weird feeling. He was so close and his eyes were on my lips, I thought he would kiss me, but he didn't.

What if he did? would I let him? or would I push him away? When he came close, the heat rose up to my cheeks. Did that mean he liked me? Was everything happening too fast?

"Wow. Boys around you must be blind"

His words echoed in my mind. He looked so surprised and relieved, finding out I did not have a boyfriend. I could still feel the butterflies in my stomach, from the thought of him being close to me.

As much as I adore you staring at me, it's creeping me out now" Vansh spoke, breaking the silence and stretching his hands behind his back.

"Huh?"

"You zoned out, didn't you?" he looked at me with a gentle knowing smile, bobbing his head to the right and raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah," I said sheepishly. He chuckled, shutting his laptop, keeping his legs down, and putting the laptop on the teapoy.

"Enough work for today, let's go on a beach for a walk" I needed a long break and he just suggested something I would love to do. Why is he so perfect?

"Yess, I will just get dressed and freshen up" I beamed.

****

I quickly went to my room and took a nice full-sleeve black dress out. I went to the bathroom and washed my face. I wore my dress, fixed my hair, and went out. It was 6 and as I walked out of my room, towards the living room, I saw Vansh in a black t-shirt and white shorts. He always managed to look awesome.

He was typing on his phone and did not notice me coming. I cleared my throat to get his attention. He lifted his eyes to meet mine and then his eyes slowly traveled to the toes then back to my eyes.

Butterflies. I could feel butterflies in my stomach.

Damn these butterflies! I need to cage them!

"You look gorgeous" he complimented me, grinning towards me. He slid his phone into his pocket and stood straight.

"T-Thank you" I bet I looked flushed.

We left the house and walked to the beach. It was dark but I was not at all tired of walking and talking with him. He was being funny and an idiot.

We talked about random things and it was so refreshing. We were walking back to the car, hand in hand, to get dinner. This walk was the best walk of my life. I would never forget this walk. Now I have a small glimpse of who he really is. I understand him.

"So why did you not have a boyfriend?"

"I didn't really have time for it. My life was really hectic and I did not have time for these things"

"What about you?"

"I did not find anyone. I had one girlfriend when I was young and it was so childish."

"Oh" That was all I could say. I looked at my feet walking. I did not know how to feel about this. Knowing about his past relationship, I don't know how to react. But I did feel a small part of me, really small, jealous.

"The truth is no one really cared about me or understood me."

I looked up at him. He had a blank face, watching the sea while walking. I realised, watching his face, that we both were similar. Even I felt no one understood me.

But he understood me so well. He made me happy with his antics, he always cheered me up. I always felt comfortable with him. He always said things at the right time. I had never felt this way when we were friends. I never noticed him.

It was okay to feel about him in another way. I did have that right. He was my husband. I had right on him.

I don't know what caught me but I took his hand and interlaced it with mine. His hand was bigger than mine but it really felt like our hands fit each other.

He gave me a smile and tightened his hold. As we walked hand in hand, the butterflies in my stomach increased every minute. It felt good and natural. All I could focus was on how well our hands fit.

****

We reached our building and started climbing the stairs. We were climbing the stairs when someone called me from behind. We turn around to look at the person calling me. Ashwini.

She was dressed in a nice red top and skinny jeans. She looked beautiful as always with her straight black hair, high cheekbones, and hazel eyes. She was one of my friends when I was doing CA, we were quite close.

"Hey Hi, How are you Ahaana? And who is he?" she asked in a cheerful voice, hugging me.

"Hi Ashwini, I'm Fine. How are you? He's my colleague Vansh" I gushed out and his head snapped up to me suddenly. Ashwini smiled at him and shook hands.

"Actually, I need to finish my work within the deadline," he said and shoved his hand in his pocket to find something.

"But-" I tried to stop him but he cut me off, wanting to know the reason behind his restlessness and weird behaviour.

"I'm going upstairs, I will keep the door open" he hastily went away, not giving me a chance to speak. He sounded angry. But why?

"Well, he's weird" she stated.

"No, he's not," I said, frowning.

"Whatever, So I wanted to apologize. I could not make it to your marriage" she apologized and her face did look guilty.

But that is not what bothered me. Realisation hit me like a truck, making my eyes go wide.

Marriage

Husband

I called him my colleague instead of my husband. I felt so guilty. I insulted him in the worst possible way. I remember he looked so sad when he went away.

"What happened?" Ashwini asked.

"Husband, he was my husband," I say calmly. But I feel the exact opposite. I'm scared. He would be so hurt because of me.

"You are telling me that you just called your husband, your colleague?" she asked.

"Well yeah" I deadpanned

"You are an idiot" she deadpans

"You think I don't know that?" I say hiding my face with my hands.

"What do I do now?" I ask and she gives me a 'duh' look.

"Go to him and apologize. You made a big blunder and you need to fix it now"

"Oh yeah! I need to go" I started walking towards the car.

"Bye. All the best and happy married life" she says laughing. She thinks she's off the hook. She's one of my best friends, how dare she miss my marriage.

"Bye, but don't think you are off the hook Ashwini" I threatened her.

I started climbing the stairs as fast as I could. All I can think about right now is his ashen mood. We had such a great time and I had to mess up.

I did what others did. He must be thinking no one values him. The guilt seeped through my veins and my brain started working on different scenarios.

****

I opened the door of the penthouse. I mentally prepared a speech of what I would say. I went straight to his room but the room was empty.

He must be in a study room. I left his room and walked towards the study room. I stood in front of the door, took a deep breath, and knocked.

"Come in" his voice is so cold and distant. Guilt strikes me again. I wipe my newly formed tears and go inside.

He was sitting on the chair and I could only see half of his face. He had a file in his hands. His hair was messy and his shoulders were slumped.

"Vansh" I called him and he looked up at me. His face was emotionless but his eyes spoke. His eyes no longer had the spark, they looked sorrowful.

"Vansh I-" I started

"Ahaana I have work to do, make it quick and if you don't have anything important then go and sleep," he said in a monotone looking into the file as if the file holds the solution to everything.

"I will wait for you to complete your work" I suggested as I knew I could not make it quick and it is not something unimportant to talk quickly.

"It's already late, you should sleep and I will not be able to finish my work quickly," he said, still refusing to look up.

"No. I will wait for you. I am in the living room. I will wait there" I say looking at him. This time his eyes met mine and they softened for a bit but he quickly turned his head away.

I walk towards the living room and sit on the couch, thinking what and how would I tell him everything that is going on in my head.

I closed my eyes, rubbed them, and put my head back. I was trying to make a mental list of what I will say. I started feeling sleepy but forced myself to stay awake.

I tried my best. But at last, the darkness engulfed me.

****

Hey Potatoes <3

Thank you for reading. I hope you like it.

Thank you for reading my story. It means the world to me!

Vote + Comment and add the book to your library to never miss an update.

Ishita :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 49.8K 51
~Won in the Romance Category in Wattpad South Asia Awards 2021~ โ€ข Adira Singhania, 24 year old famous psychologist in Mumbai. Being completed her PhD...
93.4K 5.2K 37
Are you looking for arranged marriages with a little bit of drama but a lot of romance? Then you came to the right stop.... ________________________...
17.4K 1.8K 11
๐“˜ ๐“ฏ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ช๐”‚ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ผ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ถ๐”‚ ๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต. ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐”‚. ๐““๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“น๐“ต๐”‚. ๐“‘๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐”‚. _________โ˜…...
615K 45.1K 99
AN ENGLISH NOVEL! โœจAn Endearing Adherence!!!โœจ #1 in doctor (out of 26K stories) #1 in husband (out of 11.4K stories) #1 in forcedmarriage (out of 4.9...