Reincarnation is Such a Nice...

By Jakeleyy

Reincarnation. It's a nice thing. You get to live your next life with or without your past life memories. In... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Special Chapter: Halloween
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Special Chapter: Christmas
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Special Chapter: Valentine's Day
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Special Chapter: April Fools
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 5

12.6K 478 614
By Jakeleyy

Full recovery!! That was a good sleep I have had in a long time. Hmm? I'm smelling something strange. I looked around me and I saw a wisteria tree near me. So they decided to take cover here. Good plan.

I stood up and stretched. All the numbness from my body has left. Excellent. Now I just need to get my katana back from Sabito and I can join the fight. But still... Isn't it too quiet here?

I looked around me again and I saw no one except injured Giyu. Giyu? I double-checked again. That mask and black hair. It is Giyu. So he was injured and couldn't move during Sabito's death.

I walked next to Giyu and took his katana. Sorry but I think I need this more than you do at the moment. I won't at least leave this place and leave you be alone. That would be too mean...

...

Kukuku... Should I do it?

While thinking with a mischevious grin, I heard footsteps coming to our way. I grabbed the hilt of Giyu's katana and kept my guard up. You don't know if the demons can come here by accident and kill us. Fortunately, it was Kanae, Mitsuri, and Sabito.

"Shin-chan! You are awake!" Kanae said happily as she ran towards me.

"Good morning." I said with a smile.

"It's night at the moment though?" Sabito asked with a confused look. So Sabito was a serious person. I kind of knew it when he bowed down in front of me.

Mitsuri seemed to be staring at Sabito and me with a blush. She is doing it again... I hope she doesn't go beyond it and think about BL. Not that I mind it though.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked and ignored Sabito's question. He seemed to be sad about it but still answered my question.

"One day. We have at least three days left until the exam is done."

Three days... I wonder what should we do now... My plan was to only save Sabito. Didn't think what to do after I had saved him.

"What should we do..." I muttered out loud.

"Do you have a plan?" Sabito asked me.

Hmm...

...

...

...

You know what! Screw it! This whole thinking is making my head hurt!

"Let's just stay here and wait until the exam is done. The wisteria tree might disappear at some point so we need to get to the place where sun rises first." I told them all my plan and went to sit near the tree and lean against it.

Sabito seemed to disapprove my plan with a frown. Well sorry! I'm not the type of person to think about plans... or... maybe a little.

"Kochou, I-" "Just call me Shin. My Nee-chan is also called Kochou." I corrected Sabito. Did he ask my name from Kanae? Oh yeah. I still haven't 'asked' their names.

"We still haven't introduced properly, have we?" I stood up again. Don't want to be rude after all.

"Kochou Shin. Nice to meet you." I held out my hand.

"Sabito. Same to you. My friend over there is Tomioka Giyu." Sabito told me as we shook our hands.

"No last name?" I asked confusedly.

"Stuff happened in the past and I forgot..." he said sadly but still smiled. Ahh... I screwed it up...

We took our hands back and I got slapped to the head by Kanae. I apologized to Sabito but he didn't really mind. He knew everyone who wanted to be a Demon Slayer must have had a bad past with demons. What a nice guy...

"You wanted to do something else?" I tried to get back to our topic.

"Yeah. I want to help others out there. Maybe even save them as you did to me." Sabito told me with determination.

"Even if the same thing might happen to you again?" I asked. I respect his thinking. But if this gets himself killed, I will regret it forever.

"Isn't that what friends are for?" he answered with a smile. Friends... Such a nice word. Yes! We are friends!

With a smile, I gave up.

"Of course..."

I traded katanas with Sabito and he went to pick up Giyu. Seriously! Dear future water Pillar! How can you be so useless at the moment! I wonder if Sabito will take the Pillar spot or not... There's also the eleventh form Giyu created. I hope I didn't ruin the future that much...

=====

Done! We are done! Seven days have passed and we saved all the possible people we could. In those three days, I had to use God Speed nonstop! Sabito basically forced me to use it with that cursed smile of his... I think Kanae is getting jealous of how much I'm spending more time with Sabito than with her.

But it wasn't that terrible all the time. Some of the people we saved joined us and helped others too. We kind of inspired many Demon Slayers. It's not a bad thing... I think...

I also got training while using God Speed. I don't get the numbness that easily anymore but I still need to be in the stance so I can use it. Need to fix that. My new move is also imperfect.

Everybody arrived at the starting place and most of the background characters sat in relief. Only the main characters, A.K.A us, since Tanjirou isn't here yet, were still standing. Well... if you don't count the injured Giyu who woke up on the last day of the exam...

He was quite angry and sad at us. Mostly at Sabito and himself. I guess we fueled his determination for getting stronger. Good. I don't have to worry about him being weak in the future.

The white-haired twins were standing next to each other and behind them was a table where the ores for Nichirin Swords are. The table was covered but I still could see the ores sticking out and there was quite many.

It was also morning and the wisteria trees were up so we didn't have to mind about the demons right now.

""Welcome back."" the twin said at the same time.

"Congratulations." one of them said.

"We're pleased to see that you're safe." the other continued. They are pleased we are safe? Because we are now Demon Slayers or because they just care?

I really should ask Oyakata-sama about this test and how he sees the Demon Slayers in training. If he doesn't think anything about them, I'm going to be angry. 

I don't really care much about the background characters but Sabito has teached me how precious one's life is. If the answer I find is not a good one... I don't know what I will do.

"So? What are we supposed to do now?" asked a boy with bandaged mouth and a snake wrapped around his neck.

Another person that looks familiar. The white snake around his neck tells almost everything about him. Wasn't he the future Snake Pillar?

"Ah! Iguro-san! How dare you leave me alone in the mountain!" Mitsuri shouted as she ran towards the snake boy.

"I don't care. You could handle it yourself since you're strong." Iguro said while looking away from Mitsuri. Guh. What a cold personality. I don't think I will get along with him.

I ignored Mitsuri and Iguro for a while and decided to listen to the twin.

"First, we shall issue you all uniforms. We will take your measurements, after which your rank will be engraved."

"There are then ranks in all..."

Oh? The first twin has spoken more than the other one. Come on, other twin! You must have a longer speech next time!

"Kinoe."

"Kinoto."

"Hinoe."

"Hinoto."

"Tsuchinoe."

"Tsuchinoto."

"Kanoe."

"Kanoto."

"Mizunoe..."

"... and Mizunoto."

Humu humu. I remember only the 'noe' and 'noto'. Completely forgot about the rest.

"Currently, you are at the lowest rank, Mizunoto." the first twin said.

"Today, we will let you choose the ore for your swords. However, the swords will take ten to fifteen days to complete."

Ooh! The other twin got a long speech! But the first one is still leading...

"But first..." the first twin said before she clapped twice. The cries of crows could be heard. Many crows flew and landed to everyone's arm. Or that how it was supposed to be... For some reason! My crow decided to land on my head!

"Fufufu. Shin-chan, you look funny with a crow on your head." Kanae said as she had her own crow on her arm.

"Kukuku. I'm having a crow for dinner if he won't come down." I threatened the crow.  The crow ignored me and continued to take a nap on my head. How dare he!

I heard Kanae giggling at me as I failed to threat the crow.

"We will now assign each of you your own Kasugai Crow." the other twin said.

"These Kasugai Crows can be used primarily for communications." the first twin explained.

Oh yeah! I can then, maybe, speak with Oyakata-sama! I really need to ask him a favor before I start my job.

The twins turned around and walked towards the table where the ores were. They took off the cover and there were brown rocks. I wonder which one I should choose.

"The steel for the sword, that will annihilate demons and protect you, will be of your own choosing." the other twin continued.

...

...

...

Eh? Does nobody want to go first? Well... if nobody wants to, then I will. Don't mind if I get the best ore.

I walked towards the table and my friends and sister followed me. Oh? Were they waiting for someone of us to go first so they could follow? If so, then they kind of made me look like the leader of this group.

We stood in front of the table and looked at the ores.

"Which one should we take?" Sabito asked us.

"Just pick the one you think feels right." I answered and picked the one in the center.

"Just like that?" asked Giyu.

"Just like that." I said with a grin.

Kanae picked the ore that was next to my ore and smiled.

"Then I will pick this one." she said.

Sabito and Giyu thought for a while before they decided to grab the closest ore to them.

All right! We all chose the ores. It's time to go home and have some fun for the next ten to fifteen days!

=====

"Well then... This is the place where we say our goodbyes." I said as Kanae and I looked at Sabito and Giyu. 

"But this is not the last time we meet, right?" Sabito asked me.

"Of course. As long as you don't forget about us." I answered.

"I won't forget about you. You are the savior of my life, after all, Shin." Sabito said with a smile.

"I will say this again. Thank you for saving us." Giyu said as he bowed down. These two really take things seriously.

"Get strong you two. Then I can count on you to save me next time."

Giyu nodded and said: "Of course."

But Sabito is much more serious than Giyu and said: "I don't think you need anyone to save you since you are strong."

Baaka~. There are much more people that are stronger than me in the world.

"I don't think you understand what Shin is saying, Sabito." Giyu said as he looked at Sabito.

"I know. I just joked." Sabito answered back with a smirk.

Wait... joked? Did he just make a joke!? That serious kid could make a joke!? I'm surprised...

=====

"Nee, Shin-chan. Aren't you forgetting about someone." Kanae said as we made our way back to home.

"Did I?" I asked confusedly.

Hmm... I don't think I forgot anyone. Giyu and Sabito went back to Urokodaki... Mitsuri stayed with her companion... Did I forget someone?

"Yes, you did." Kanae answered with a pout. Oooh... I think I know what she is trying to tell me now.

"I did not forget about you, Nee-chan." I said and patted Kanae's head. Kanae's mood didn't get better and she started to frown.

"But you didn't speak to me at all... It was only Sabito this and Sabito that..." Aww. Kanae is jealous! This is an important moment. Better keep it close to my memory.

I couldn't help myself but laugh at my adorable sister.

"Kukuku... Kuhahaha!" I tried to hold my laugh and my body shook. Kanae pouted more and she started to hit my back many times. 

"Don't laugh at me!" she shouted at me.

"I can't help that... You are just too adorable." I said and wiped off a tear. Kanae stopped hitting my back for a while and leaned her head against it.

"Kanae?" I said and turned my head to look behind me but her finger poked my cheek and kept me from looking behind me.

"Don't look at me... Just keep walking..." she ordered with a soft tone.

"All right." I answered with a smile.

=====

"Can you get back to your branch safely?" I asked my quiet sister. She didn't say anything after that and it kind of worries me.

She didn't say anything and kept holding my haori. I guess that's a no.

"Can you show me the way to your branch then?" I asked and got a nod from her. Good. It would be a problem if we get lost because I lead us.

Kanae, this time, held my hand and lead the way towards the Flower branch. She still won't let me see her face. I think I'm starting to miss her mischevious face and giggles.

The walk was quiet. She didn't say anything and I also didn't. I don't know what but something told me I should be quiet and follow Kanae.

We eventually made it to Flower branch. It was evening and I could still hear the sounds of sword swingings. Kanae pulled me inside the building and we kept walking until she stopped in front of one of the rooms. I think it's her room.

"Shin-chan..." she finally said something.

"Yes?"

"You won't leave me and Shinobu in the future, right?" she asked me. I could feel her hand trembling. Is she... afraid of me leaving her and Shinobu? I guess she felt alone when I spoke with Sabito more than with her.

I pulled her towards me and hugged her tightly. Kanae didn't move for a while but returned the hug.

"I will never leave you two alone... so I hope you two also will never leave me alone..." I answered.

We released the hug and I could finally see Kanae with her usual smile back again. I felt relieved about this and also smiled.

"So... do you mind if I stay for a night?" I asked honestly. I seriously don't remember the way we took since I was watching her the whole time.

Kanae seemed to be surprised at my question and smirked.

"Ara ara, Shin-chan. Asking me if you can stay a night. Do you have a sister complex?" she asked me. Meh. You could say I have.

"If you don't want to then I will ask Shinobu." I said and turned around but Kanae held the collar of my haori.

"I didn't say 'no' did I?" she said before pulling me towards another place.

"Where are we going now?" I asked her.

"Onsen. You don't want to sleep while being dirty right? I will ask the helpers to give you yukata." she answered.

Onsen!? A bath!? Finally! I've been waiting for this!!!

"Fufufu. I can see you are happy about this." Kanae said as she felt my happiness.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked her. Kanae nodded and kept pulling me towards the bath.

=====

Hah~... A bath... feels amazing... I can feel all the fatigue going away from me... I would go to onsen everyday at least once if I could. But Jigoro told me I spend too much time there. 'If you have time for a nice long bath, you should train instead' he said...

It's not my fault that I like to spend my time in something I like. Humans should enjoy things they like as much as they can. That is what I at least think.

But now I should come out quickly and have a nice dinner with Kanae.

=====

"Fuu... I'm full..." I said while I laid on the futon. Kanae sat on her futon which was next to mine.

"Shin-chan, can you brush my hair this time?" Kanae asked me as she held her comb in front of me.

"Fine..." I said tiredly and went to sit behind Kanae.

"Give me your comb." I held my hand out and she placed her comb in it. I started to brush her hair and it was longer than Shinobu's.

"Won't you sing for me like you did with Shinobu?" she asked me.

"No. I'm tired. And I don't know what to sing." I answered back.

"It doesn't have to be different. I haven't heard you sing any other songs but I liked the one you sang for Shinobu."

"It's still a no. Since I'm tired."

And now she is going to use her puppy eyes and make her adorable. Kukuku. Too bad. I have created a counter measurement for that.

"Please~. Won't you do it for your other adorable sister?" she asked me.

Hah! I knew you would do it. That's why I will close my eyes so I won't see your eyes. Then it won't affect me in any way. And just like that, I closed my eyes and continued to brush her hair.

"Shin-chan, are you listening to me?"

"Yes."

I heard her move and her hair flowed away from my hand. I think she turned around to look at my face.

"Ah! You closed your eyes." she shouted.

"Kukuku. Too late, my dear sister. I have already finished brushing your hair." I said and walked back to my own futon. Kanae pouted at my tactic and hit me.

"Unfair~. I want a rematch."

"Go to sleep, baka." I said and pulled my blanket on me.

=====

Omake

Ubuyashiki Kagaya, the current leader of Demon Slaying Corps, sat in his room. It was very quiet in his room as he felt the warmness of the sun hit his body.

"Today is a nice day." he said softly and closed his eyes.

"A message! A message for Oyakata-sama!" a Kasugai Crow shouted as it flew in front of Kagaya.

"What is it?" he asked the crow.

"The student of former Hashira, Kuwajima Jigoro, Kochou Shin has a request for you." the crow told him.

"Tell me please." Kagaya told the crow.

"Hello, Oyakata-sama. This is my first time using this stupid crow so don't mind the errors and such. Kohom. My request is simple. I want you to always tell me if my sisters are in danger. If you do, I will work my best, but if you won't and I hear my sisters or at least one of them is... dead, I will join Muzan." the crow finished.

Kagaya felt surprised at this. He knew about the talented student of the former Thunder Pillar but he didn't think he would know about Muzan this early. Kagaya chuckled as the crow flew away.

"What an interesting child we have gotten."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 187 10
(Yandere! Kny x reincarnated! Fem! Reader) In a world familiar to her, It is her job to eliminate any and all ...
12.2K 235 14
TW: Violence, Self harm, Blood, Gore, Strong Language, ----------------------------------------- Giyuu lives an empty and boring life, filled with wo...
1.3K 46 7
Humanity seems to be at a lost when demons begin to no longer be a simple folktale. With no hope, the sun no longer shines as bright, so a lone young...
205K 5.5K 71
【𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗】 "𝐈 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮" "𝐈 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐲�...