Lapis Lazuli's Genie Secrets...

By princesslapis725

Be careful what you wish for. Lapis Lazuli never had a normal life, weird things happening whenever people ar... More

Chapter 1: A Queen's Life Story
Chapter 3: One Very Special Child
Chapter 4: High School Hijinks
Chapter 5: Parent-napped!
Chapter 6: Stay on Your Toes
Chapter 7: The Hunt is On
Chapter 8: Teachers are Your Friends
Chapter 9: High Flying Lessons
Chapter 10: Hot and Cold
Chapter 11: Nothing to Sneeze at
Chapter 12: An Unforgettable Knight
Chapter 13: Desert Trekking
Chapter 14: Royal Secrets
Chapter 15: Under His Spell
Chapter 16: Loopy Princess
Chapter 17: Lapis' Destiny

Chapter 2: New Family, New Daughter

215 3 0
By princesslapis725

Meanwhile in the realm of humans, there a man named Greg Demayo who had recently lost his wife. And now, he had to raise his infant son Steven alone.

One day, he was rummaging through his attic when stumbled upon a decorated gold lamp.

"Well, what do we have here?" Greg said to himself.

He used his shirt to wipe the dust away. All of a sudden, the lamp began to shake. And in a cloud of azure blue smoke, a beautiful woman appeared before him.

This woman had sky blue skin, long off-white hair, cerulean blue eyes, and blue eyeshadow. She wore a blue strapless top, a blue and gold skirt that covered her feet, and a gold crown with blue jewels in it.

Greg gasped at how gorgeous the woman looked to him.

"You set me free." the woman spoke.

"Are you a real genie?" the human asked.

"Yes I am." the blue genie answered. "And for freeing me from my lamp, I am indebted to grant you-"

"Three wishes, right?" Greg finished for her.

"You catch on fast for a human." she chuckled.

"What's your name?" the human asked.

"Blue Diamond." the genie answered. "And you?"

"Gregory Demayo." Greg introduced himself. "But you can just call me Greg. Now these three wishes, do I have to use them right away?"

"Oh no, take all the time you want." Blue Diamond responded.

"Well, I can't think of anything to wish for right now, so instead; why don't we get to know each other." the nice human offered.

"I would like that very much." the blue genie smiled.

"So, how did that lamp of yours wind up in my attic?" Greg asked.

"I lost my husband and then, his brother trapped me in the lamp and banished me from my world after I refused to marry him." Blue Diamond confessed in dismay.

"Oh, I'm really sorry." the man frowned. "I know how it feels to lose someone you love."

"You do?" Blue said.

"I recently lost my wife after she had our son." Greg opened up. "Since then, I've been on my own to take care of him."

"You have a son?" the genie's curiosity peaked. "May I see him?"

"Sure." the man nodded.

He led Blue Diamond down from the attic and into a pastel-colored nursery. Inside the crib, there was a six month old baby boy with curly black hair wearing a red onesie. The baby had just woken up from a nap.

"This is my son, Steven." he said, picking up the infant. "Steven, this is my new friend; Blue Diamond."

Steven looked at the genie with wide eyes and giggled like it didn't matter to him that she didn't look like a typical human. Blue Diamond grinned at the young baby.

"Perhaps I could help you in raising your son." she suggested. "That is, if you think it's okay."

"Thank you, Blue." Greg said to her. "That's very kind of you. I definitely could use a helping hand or two around here."

Time went by as the genie and the human worked together to take care of Steven. After getting to know Blue even better, Greg began to appreciate everything about his genie friend; including the fact that she was royalty. During her time on Earth, Blue had begun to adapt to living amongst humans. She had also began to develop feelings for Greg.

The kind man had also fallen in love with the genie. And he never made a single wish for her to grant. The two of them seized every opportunity they could to go out on a date whether it be dinner or the movies.

Over a year passed and on one particular dinner date, Greg got off his chair at the restaurant and down on one knee.

"Blue Diamond." he began as he pulled out a ring box. "I want to thank you for putting love back into my life. And now I see that we were meant to be together. Will you marry me?"

He opened the ring box to reveal a gorgeous 14-karat diamomd ring.

"Yes!" she cried happily, throwing her arms around her sweetheart. "Yes, yes, a thousand-times yes!"

After the couple left the restaurant and got into their car, the engaged genie said; "Greg, I have a surprise for you too."

She reached into her purse and pulled out a thin white stick with two red dashes on it. Greg recognized it as a positive pregnancy test.

"Why do you have a-" he began, but then gasped upon realization. "Blue, are you pregnant?"

His fiancé beamed at him with a sparkle in her eyes.

"Oh my gosh!" Greg exclaimed with joy. "That's incredible. I'm so happy for you.

The two of them shared a celebratory kiss as they relished that they were going to get married and have a baby.

For the next nine months, the family was preparing and tracking the development of the arriving baby. The unused guest room was converted into a second nursery for their would-be second child.

And then one early summer day, the big day arrived. Blue Diamond felt contractions from her enlarged baby bump. There was also a wet stain on the chair she was sitting in, indicating that her water broke.

Greg and Steven (who was now two years old) arrived at Blue's side when they heard her pained cries.

"Greg, the baby's coming." the pregnant genie moaned.

"It is time." her fiancée said solemnly.

The whole family loaded themselves into the car and Greg drove to the hospital with no hesitation. Luckily for them, there was no traffic jam on the way. At the hospital, they quickly found a parking spot and rushed in through the automatic doors to the reception desk.

"Excuse me." Greg said to the receptionist. "Hi. My fiancé is going into labor and we could use a few sets of helping hands, please."

"What's her name?" the receptionist asked.

"Blue Diamond." the father answered.

"Not a problem, sir." the lady at the desk told him, calling in a team of nurses. "Uh, we're out of unused wheelchairs right now so we'll have to send your fiance to the delivery room on a gurney."

"That's fine." Greg said coolly.

Only a few minutes later, a trio of nurses arrived with a gurney. Blue Diamond was laid down on the gurney with the help of her fiancée.

"Mr. Demayo, you can come to help with the delivery, but your son is going to have to wait out here." one of the nurses said.

"Oh, we can't leave our son in the waiting room by himself." Greg told her. "He's only two years old."

"It's okay." Blue Diamond tried to speak between contractions, holding his hand. "Go wait with Steven. I'll be fine."

"We'll let you know when the delivery is complete, sir." a second nurse promised as the pregnant genie was carted off to the delivery room.

Almost half an hour passed and an antsy Greg was pacing in front of Steven in anticipation. The father could hear a series of painful moans and screams from down the hall. All the while, he feared for his fiancé and his soon-to-be baby. Suddenly, the screams of pain were replaced by a new sound: the sound of a newborn baby crying.

A nurse burst through the double doors with a joyful look on her face.

"Congratulations, Mr. Demayo." she announced. "You have a healthy daughter."

"Thank you." Greg said to the nurse. "That's wonderful news."

Steven gazed up at his dad with a innocent stare, indicating that he had no clue what was going on.

"Come on, Steven." his father told him. "There's someone you need to meet."

He picked up the toddler and carried him to Blue Diamond's room where she was waiting for them. The genie was clearly exhausted from delivering her baby. There was also a swaddled bundle being cradled in her arms.

"Come here, Steven." Blue Diamond said to her son. "Say hello to your new sister."

Greg brought the tot over to the bed so that he could see what his mother was holding.

In the blanket bundle, there was a baby girl with pale skin and blue hair. The newborn opened her eyes to reveal two glimmering blue orbs.

Steven was in awe by his new baby sister.

"Isn't she just the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?" Blue Diamond asked Greg.

"She sure is." he responded with a soft look on his face. "What do you think we should call her?"

"I think we should name her, Lapis Lazuli." the mother proclaimed.

"That's beautiful." her fiancée smiled. "I love it."

Just then, Lapis let out a tiny baby sneeze of royal blue, glittery dust. This profounded her parents.

"Was that genie dust?" Greg said in surprise.

"It's not possible." Blue Diamond breathed as looked at the gold marking on the baby's forehead. "There's genie magic within her indeed."

The parents and toddler were amazed by how special the new baby girl truly was. And they also realized that Lapis was going to need extra love and care to grow into her untapped magic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 3.7K 36
ON HIATUS! Ever wished you could have as many adventures as Steven? Because me too.
48.7K 1.4K 19
Status:finished Ah, Lapis Lazuli. A beautiful gem with a kind, fun heart. You never thought you'd understand the human emotion 'happiness' until you...
160K 1.4K 18
You know what. Just request. I got nothing. Requests are ON HOLD for a moment. I will open them again once I have finish writing all of the other req...
16K 723 32
Lapis usually stays to herself. She has her one friend that she's content with and doesn't want to meet anyone new. she wants to be invisible. She li...