Propose to me 💍 (Editing)

By Lynn_dire

A story of a secretary named "Trexie " pronounced (TrexC). What happens when her relationship has lasted for... More

CAST
BEGINNING-PROPOSE TO ME
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note

Chapter 4

227 34 17
By Lynn_dire

With my head resting on Bryan's shoulder, running my hand on his muscular-toned arm. Our gaze was on the television as we watched the Drama titled "My home".
I snapped my head up when a scene came up, Ken just proposed to Cynthia.

"Is this the trend now?"I asked, a bit annoyed.

"What?"

"It seems like everywhere I go I see a wedding or an engagement, "I said to him, over his shoulder.

"Really?"He asked dryly.

"Yeah, just a day before yesterday, I met my secondary school classmate at the mall, and she told me she just wedded. That same night, I found out my friend Prissy is married. Today at the park, now the television." I huffed at the last part.

"Baby" he yawned, making his disinterest obvious.

"What?"I snapped.

"Were you telling me to give you any advice?" He smirked at me.

I straightened up and made to get away from him, but he grabbed my arm.

"Going somewhere?"

I ignored him and tried to loosen his grip on me.

"Hey, hey! Come here you cute thang" he laughs lowly and held me tight to his body.

"How do you always know a wrong thing to say, and still say it ?"I asked.

"Didn't know why you were telling me. Sorry" he pats me "Are you sick of seeing it?" He arches his brows at me mockingly.

"No, I'm not, I can perceive mine. Right?" I wiggled my brows.

"What!"He exclaimed.

"Sorry, did I say something wrong?" I asked, looking intently at him.

Bryan laughs quietly"No you didn't"He pats my hair, but I saw the smirk he wore.

What's with him now? I only said I could tell mine is close. And he is acting like I said his worst thought.

"Bry..."

"Ugh..." He grabs a pillow and covered his face.

Why is he being dramatic now?

"What's wrong? Did I fart?" I asked. Not knowing what more could have caused his reaction.

He laughs, the pillow muffling the sounds. "I'm in no position to tell if you gassed. Wait did you fart?" He removed the pillow and glanced at me with a horrified face.

You should have just said, how much you want to change the topic darling.

"I will if you want me to" I smirked at him knowingly.

He just laughed and looked at the television smilingly, saying nothing.

I too have decided to let it die down. But for him? Maybe not.

"Why do girls take the advantage of cuddling, to ask profound questions?"

I glanced at him and found his eyes fixated on me. I swallowed and carefully grabbed back the pillow.

"The girls...How many are they? " I smacked his face, and he yelped.

***
I woke up at the sound of an alarm, which got me worried again. I don't ever put this thing. Why me? I sat up with my face rocked and searched for where the sound was blaring from.

The door opens and Bryan walked in sweating profusely. I guess he just came out of the gym house. Then it occurred to me, that I was still at his place.

"Good morning Ms. Giant Armadillo"

"Yuck! Don't call me that!"I threw a pillow at him.

"You sleep like it"He laughs.

"You forgot to put off your alarm, and you know I 'm here" I frowned at him.

"Sorry," he says while pulling off his sports shirt" I'm gonna take a shower, want to join me?"

"No, I'd chose to continue loving the bed, who loves me, and never disturbs."I rubbed my eyes, and I heard him laughing as he exited the bathroom.

45minutes later, while we were taking our breakfast.

"I forgot to ask, you've called Vivi yet?"

"Yeah, she will be there for a week"

"I hope you didn't tell her I was the reason you couldn't meet her?"

He asked, and I replied without looking at him."I must have"I teased him.

"No you didn't" he keeps his teacup.

I looked at the Teacup and then at him"I didn't".

He continues with his breakfast and said nothing.

"I didn't honestly"

He nods, without glancing at me.

"Shit!"He keeps his teacup again and got up.

"What is it?" I sprang up also "what's the problem, Ryan?"

"Nothing, I just remembered something. Just sit down please" He runs out.

Did I say something wrong again? What could be what he remembered? I asked, with my eyes hovering around the room.

He delays and I became worried. I stood up, and walked slowly to the door."Bryan, hey! Are you ok?"

I got no answer and my impatience grew. Just for me to barge outside, he enters with his hands on his back.

"I told you to keep calm" He approaches me slowly.

"Hey, Waz...up?" I observed him.

"Promise me you won't freak out"He stops approaching.

What is he up to? I let out a small laugh "What's with freaking out?"

"Promise me you won't "

"Mmm..."I hummed, coming closer to him.

He steps back"Promise"

"I don't know... I might promise not to, and still freak out" I shrugged.

"Please, it's gonna surprise you...but..."

"Ok, I promise" yay!

He takes a deep breath, his hands still perfectly hidden behind him.
"Baby..."

Umm, why am I feeling this way? I looked at him with an uneasy expression slowly crawling up to my face.

"I know you have always taken me as the best..."

"Bryan..." I slowly called out.
My brain almost began to do a calculation which seemed pretty obvious to me. Is he? Is it what I'm thinking? How is this happening so soon? Is this real? It's finally happening? God my head is about to explode.

"Sshh! You promised not to freak out and I haven't even started" he frowns.

I palmed my mouth. He is so cute right now, and he doesn't even know. He is so awkward with proposing. I'm going to help strip him of that burden.

With smiles that were hurting my cheeks, I said "No! Save those till we walk down the aisle"

"Mmm?"Bryan cocked his eyebrows, and Gee he is beautiful.

"Yes! Yes!"I screamed and ran to embrace him.

"Easy, Easy...Easy!"He struggles to get out of my grasp, with his hands still behind him. Making the situation more awkward for himself, and I laughed.

"Trexie, why are you being so dramatic ?" He asks with furrowed brows.

Wait he never calls me Trexie.

"Uh?"I asked confusedly.

He sighs and brought his hands to his front, holding out a red velvet cake, beautifully designed, with icing cream white roses.

"What in the fucking hell!" I exclaimed with wide eyes, taking a step back.

"What what?"His brows knitted again and he walked to the Dinning table, keeping his cake. He turned back to me.

"Bryan? What was that?" I asked, my voice indicating anger and detest.

"Really? A quick reminder of what you should have said. Hey Bryan, wow! Did you make this? I doubted you that much" he mimicked.

"Sorry" I sighed.

I am so pissed right now.

He ignored me and folded his arms.

"But what...were you going to say then?"I asked.

"Baby, I know you have always taken me as the best cook, and doubted I could bake, something which you have failed to learn several times. I am surprising you with this and saying...if you want to learn? You learn from a master. Period! What were you thinking I meant?" He uttered.

What a stupid question to ask me when my excitement has revealed all I thought. Bryan just knows this, you did me wrong. And I want to cry.

I said nothing and ran my palm on my arm while looking away. I want to cry. Just a blink.

I felt him standing closer to me but I didn't look his way.

"Sorry, I must have started wrong," He said and wrapped me around his arms.

Don't cry, don't cry. It would become more embarrassing, please.

"Baby? "He called and ran his hands on my back.

This will only go two ways, I cry and make things more awkward, or I act strong and let this be like it never happened.

So I laughed, and he stopped hugging me, to look at my face.

"Why are you laughing?" he asked.

"You chose to present a cake like that?" I smiled weakly.

"I was...Baby, are you crying?"He asked and I touched my face to feel them streaming down, and my eyes were watering the more.

Umm...this is not the plan.

"You always want to impress me and it's so sweet of you. I love you so much Bryan" I let out the tears I held at bay, for another reason.

He smiles. Hopefully, he bought it and didn't see through my lies.

"You deserve the best baby, tell me why I shouldn't always impress you. Stop crying, I love you too" He cups my face and kisses me gently.

I kissed him back desperately, to suppress the emotions that were threatening to rip through me.

Warn me next Time Lord

***
I dressed up for work, while Bryan was on the bed typing on his laptop. As I stood in the mirror staring at my reflection, Bryan chose that moment to talk.

"I can't count how many times you have looked at that mirror"

I smiled and straightened my skirt.

"Babe remember the birthday party is by 7:pm."He reminded me.

"Wasn't planning to sleep at work" I stood up and sat on the bed to put on my shoes.

"Speaking of work, when are you going to consider my idea and drop that godforsaken Job"

"A godforsaken job...says someone the Job fed."

He shuts his laptop. "And I'm proud to say that I can buy that office a hundred times, and I won't go broke" he bragged.

I stood up and headed back to the mirror "Maybe that part always skips my mind. I am very proud of you." I said sarcastically.

"Babe, I don't want you working there again. You should be a boss not you under someone, you're bigger than that you know."

I chose to ignore him.

"I don't know what it is, that attracts you so much there, you can't let go, "He said more like a question.

I grabbed my handbag and tug my phone and purse in, walking close to him where he sat.

"Memories honey, memories of our hustle"I kissed him " See you when I come back"I stood straight and walked to the door.

"I take it we didn't have this conversation. We must talk about it when you're back" He said as I opened the door.

"That will be party time, not like you will ditch your bestie's birthday party to just talk" I shrug, and blew a kiss to him before shutting the door.

***

"What are you protesting for? What? You all have known peace till the death of our father. But since you have decided to ruin all he has ever built, I will mellow you all! I am not an empty vessel. Tell Victor I said so. And if he nurtures a lot for me in heart, he should bring it to the light. I will show him what the fire does with the rat's ears."

My Boss Nico booms again for the fifth time this morning. I have no idea what the problem was, but it must concern his brothers again. They were always fighting. I continued with my work.

3hours later, I picked a few documents from my table and walked to his office.

"Sir, I'm done with these"I submitted the files to his desk.

He looks up from his laptop and collected the files. He opens it and goes through it"Good, you can go"

"Ok sir" I turned to leave but remembered something, I turned back to him and caught him looking at me. Even as he knew he was caught staring, he didn't blink an eye. I ignored the weirdness of it all.

"Sir...Ummm...Sorry Sir" I choked.

"What is it Trexie?"

"I am sorry for whatever I 'm about to say that isn't my business..."

He was still looking at me.

"I heard you a few hours ago on a call. Whatever it is, do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" I said and waited for a minute when he said nothing, I turned to leave but he stops me.

"If my actions don't concern you, don't concern yourself with my actions. Life is easier when you mind your own business."

With my back at him, I bolted at once.

***

"She will soon be married to that family you know," Amaya says to me on the phone.

"Of course, let her show the mother-in-law how hardworking she is" She laughs.

"Amaya, why are you in a noisy place?"

"Oh, sorry. Was going to tell you, I traveled out for a friend's birthday party."

"Really?"

"Yeah"

I stopped at the front of the Bar, behind Amaya. There she sat on a stool looking stunning and devious. Liar! Why did she lie to me?

"I knew it"I muttered.

"You knew what? That I was traveling? I'm so sorry for not letting you know"I watch her cover her mouth, obviously holding a peal of laughter.

I shook my head and played dumb for her.

"I hope you're glam,  you should never look bad, even far from me and Vivi's sight."

"Yes Baby, I look good " she giggled.

"What color are you wearing?"I asked, looking at her yellow silk gown, that we both got from posh wear.

"Umm...Yellow"

"You look adorable girlfriend" I walk closer to the bar.

"Huh? What?" She turns and I quickly diverted. When she didn't see me, she asked."You just imagined I look adorable right?" Still looking behind her.

I stepped closer to her left side, without being seen. " Smirnoff ice for two please"I smiled at the bartender.

Amaya turns quickly in my direction, with her mouth agape. I didn't acknowledge her, and she began to laugh nonstop. Which I knew she wasn't going to stop until I stopped her.

I grabbed the drinks and pushed one to Amaya"Will you stop laughing now?" I smirked.

She continued laughing stupidly and I tapped her shoulder, a bit dramatically." Sshh". She stops and takes in a deep breath.

"Spill" I sipped my drink.

"I didn't want you being all big sister to me if I had told you I was at a party of someone you don't know. I know what you will say, especially after my recent breakup with the other dude."She looks away.

"You are being hilarious" I laughed.

"Oh really? I am now?"

"For the record, I am here with Bryan. The celebrant is his homeboy. Though I've never met him"

"Huh? Daniel? I thought I got myself an unpopular guy. Gee, this is gonna look like a family relationship. I can't do this"She gives me the funniest expression I ever had.

Just then Bryan and some guy walked up to us.

"You ran away" he puts his hand around my waist and nibbled on my ear.

"Were you scared?"I asked and looked over his shoulder to see the other guy talking to Amaya.

I guess that's our Daniel.

He grins "I knew I would find you. Dan!" He called his friend.

He turns to us and smiled at me. Wow, he is handsome.

With Bryan's hands still on my waist, he introduces me " Meet my girlfriend, Trexie, babe this is my homeboy, Daniel"

"Hy Trex" he extends his hand.

"Hy Daniel"I gave him a small smile and accepted his handshake.

"Wow, you are beautiful"

I giggled.

"I see Bryan is very poor in describing a beautiful woman" He folds his arms.

"Express your talent somewhere else please"Bryan retorted.

I and Daniel laughed.

"That better be  an innocent compliment," I joked and they both laughed

"I am a good boy" Daniel grins.

"If it's not true, advice me now my lady" Bryan holds my hands.

"Don't spend much of your time with him"I whispered, but loud enough for Daniel to hear too.

"I will keep that in mind"Bryan nods.

"Crazy couple"He laughed.

"So Danny, I see you already met my girlfriend Amaya." I jutted my chin in her direction.

Daniel turns back to Amaya, whose attention wasn't here.

"Hey Amaya"

Amaya turned to us, and climbed off the stool, and came closer.

I smiled when I noticed Amaya was kind of shy. That's not her thing.

Putting his hand on her waist "Trex, I see why you mustn't keep ugly friends."He said and Amaya smiles.

"You are very sensitive" I squinted my eyes.

"Hy Bryan" Amaya waves at him.

"Hy Amaya" He offers her a handshake."We shouldn't greet like we don't know each other."

"I will keep that in mind"Amaya giggles.

"Sometimes, it's a bad idea to introduce someone you're seeing to a friend"

"Shut up!"I and Bryan shut him at a time. And he giggles with Amaya.

"Now did I say something bad?" he asks.

I grabbed Bryan's arm "Ryan is taken, what about you?"

"Trex is my girlfriend, which is why you must be told off. But..."

Daniel scratches his jaw gently, as though he knew what was about to hit him.

I know my Amaya is a player, I guess the same goes for Daniel.

"Trex you shouldn't say it, "Amaya says quietly.

"But Amaya is just someone you're seeing"I smirked. What was she thinking I would say?

Amaya rolls her eyes and Daniel grins.
"Alright that was a hard hit Trex," he says.

"Whose birthday party is this again?"Amaya asks.

"You are right babe. We should head to the VIP lounge" Daniel announced dismissing the conversation.

Not edited.

Vote⭐️
Comment.📩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 1.1K 15
Sneak peek... "How much do you need?" I asked. "Five hundred," she said, averting her eyes away. "That's it? Five hundred dollars?" I asked. "Five hu...
178K 34.5K 50
****A Wattpad Featured Novel**** • • • (Book one) Many of us, have read lots of books and watched lots of movies, abo...
517K 16.1K 198
A contractual marriage with her best friend' brother. A cute and adorable baby. Close encounters and blooming of romance Love confessions Disclaimer:...
12.3K 1.5K 25
He leaned into me so our lips were inches apart, I stared wide eyed, unable to move my body but I leaned my head back creating a little bit of space...