Undesirable

By Monstrous_beauty

"Mother.. please I don't want to marry him" I pleaded to her. "You know Eve nothing can be done now" Sh... More

Ch 1 - Unwanted Wedding
Ch 2 - Humiliation & Pain
Ch 3 - In-Laws
Ch 4 - Unwanted touch
Ch 5 - Dark Side
Ch 6 - Haywire Emotions
Ch 7 - Masquerade Ball
Ch 8 - Assault &Trauma
Ch 9 - Way to keep her
Ch 10 - Contemplating
Ch 11 - Jealousy & Inner thoughts
Ch 12 - Ruminating Past
Ch 13 - Games of heart---The beginning
Ch 14 - Game of Hearts---First Romantic Dinner
Ch 15 -Game of the Hearts--- Persuasion
Ch 16 - Games of heart -- Meeting Strangers
Ch 17 - Games of Heart -- Friendship & Hope
Ch 18 - Games of Heart -- Insecurities
Ch 19 - Games of Heart -- Hidden Motives
Ch 20- Games of Heart --New Feelings
Ch 21- Games of Heart-- Blind Trust
Ch 22- Games of Heart-- Jealousy & Rage
Ch 23 - Games of Heart-- All is lost
Ch 24 - Melancholy of Life
Ch 25 -- She chose someone else
Ch 26 - The New Dawn
Ch 28 - A Distant Cousin
Ch 29 -- Kidnapped
Ch 30 - My Past
Ch 31 - The Lost Sweetheart
Ch 32 - Embracing True Self
Ch 33 - Dead trail
Ch 34 - The hidden Truth
Ch 35 - Life truths!!
Ch 36 - The choices you have
Ch 37 - Are you really Dead?
Ch 38 - Princess Lyna what's the next Plan?
Ch 39 - Dreams that keeps us Awake
Ch 40 - Arrival of the Devil

Ch 27 - a New Ally

3.9K 158 12
By Monstrous_beauty

"Please tell me why you are angry with me. I don't remember anything that happened before Evelyn. I am sorry if I hurt you but Evelyn I love you. I love you so much that it hurts when you are angry" I said.

Evelyn looked shocked as if I had never said those words to her. I don't know how our relationship was but I am going to fix things. I promised to myself that this day will mark a new dawn in our lives

Richard's POV

I was happy to be out of the hospital and though I could have worked from home but I still took off so that I can use this time to direct all my attention on getting my wife to love me. Yes, I do know that I didn't remember her face I only had blurry images of a woman, the woman with whom I was on Cruise, the underwater dive, the ballroom parties and dance. And as soon as I heard Kendall calling her Evelyn I knew she was her. You know before that also they have tried to show me other girls telling me that they were Evelyn but as soon as my gaze drifted on her it could not shake and knew my heart recognized her immediately.

After I discharged from hospital I was taken to a mansion where I saw all the strange people who claimed to be my brother, Mother and best friend. I could not recall any of them. Day by day as they visited me I felt awkward and kind of annoyed so I called my Personal assistant to get me brochure of new homes but when he came and told me that I had already bought a Mansion 10miles away from the current home I was happy and immediately got myself shifted to that.

It was great now I and my wife were the only residents of the Mansion and thinking of her right next to me was a great feeling. She took care of me and fulfilled all my demands and all was going great but whenever I tried to touch her or even try to just take her hand in mine she would wriggle away or be very cold and her coldness was hurting me.

Like always she brought me milk before sleep and I asked her to lay down next to me like everyday and she reluctantly did that. But today I didn't feel like drinking the milk so in order to send her away and avoid drinking it I asked her to bring some water in the Jug lying on my nightstand which I made sure was empty. She went to fetch and  I spilt all the milk in the bathroom sink. Yes I had recovered but still I was using her helpful nature to bring us close. She came back and noticed my glass was empty and asked me to sleep so I pretend to do it. She laid next to me and I pulled her to me pretending to be asleep. Though she struggled initially but then she gave in. I felt myself dozing off but due to me being light sleeper I became conscious when I felt her slipping away from the bed and soon I saw she left the bedroom I waited for sometime for her to come back when I noticed from my bedroom window that a car left my mansion. I searched the entire mansion and realise it was her that left in the car.

I could not sleep knowing my wife left in the middle of the night and kept looking out of the window when again she came in sharp at 6:30AM like a thief in a hurry. I went in my bed and pretended to be asleep. She came running to my bedroom which I knew from her heavy breathe.

"Mam you came. I was afraid sir will wake up and you would be late and if he asks what would I answer" Maid asked her.

She smiled at her and said "No he will not know as he is under the influence of sleep drug".

I wondered why she would do that. 

"Mam is the drug harmful ?" Maid asked hesitatingly.

"No of course not . I don't want to harm him Martha. All I want is peace and for him to not get unnecessary shock" She replied in a calm tone.

"But you can stay here as well. Why drug him ?" Martha asked.

"Martha I can't you know we were about to divorce and I would never stay at a house where I am nor required" She said.

"But that is not the case he wants you to stay" Martha said again.

"Yes he does now but if he didn't lost his memories I think we would have been divorced by now and we both would be enjoying our lives separately" she replied.

My wife was reluctant to stay with me in my new Mansion. Yes, I wanted to stay away from the people who told me that they were my mother, brother, and friend. I knew I had to emotionally blackmail her to stay with me but I would do anything to have my angel right next to me. But hearing her say that she wants to separate from me and enjoy life hurt me.

After getting discharged from the hospital I noticed she would tuck me in and not check for hours. I had to continuously ask the nurse of her wherabouts when she would finally appear. And even when she appeared I felt she is there but not completely. I thought maybe once we are in private environment I would be able to weasel my way in her heart and ask for a second chance. I rang the bell to see her.Soon I heard her footsteps and my angel was infront of me frowning and her eyes asking me what I need from her.

"I am bored and I want some reading to ease that" I said in pleading tone.

"What?" She asked confused.

"Well my dear wife I want some reading done for me" I repeated enjoying the confusion and later annoyed expression on her face. I loved to see those change of expression on her face. I hated when she doesn't show any expression, it makes me feel that she doesn't feel anything for me. 

She huffed and got a business magazine for me to read. She offered me to take it when I just stared at her. She looked at me for a while and then said "I guess you said you want to read".

I smiled and said"Well darling I said I want reading done. That means I want you to read it for me".

She took the book annoyingly and started reading it. I could hear her angelic voice but then an idea came to my mind and I said "I want to hear a story rather than some business news".

She looked at me and then got a thriller book and began reading. But again I stopped her and again she got me another science fiction and finally getting fed up with her choice of books then I told her to get some romantic book. I don't know the moment I told her to get a fiction book I was expecting a romantic book but seems like my wife is different. 

She came back with a sad story of a wife with her final days with her husband who hated her and her husband doesn't realise till the end that she's dying and when she does he realises what he lost his true love.

Though the story was good but it left a distaste because I wanted to use the opportunity to get close to my wife and the sad story did bring tears in her eyes and despite my plan I could not breach the topic of second chance.

Once she was done she asked me to sleep but I asked her whether she can help me to get some fresh air. As we moved out I asked her to take me to lavender garden which I made exclusively for her. She seemed enjoying the fragrance and it felt great to see her calm and happy.

"Did you like it" I asked her.

"Yes it smells great" She said smiling but as she saw me staring at her. Her expression changed into one that was blank but still I could feel happiness in her eyes. I understood I just need to make an effort to know her likes. But clearly I could not recollect what her likes are. I think I would need to turn to someone who can help.

I was trying to figure out when I saw someone barge in our private moment and as soon as she turned color drained from her face. I was about to ask the women who had appeared out of nowhere when I noticed tears in her eyes while looking at Evelyn.

"Why won't you meet me Evy? what did I do?" She asked.

"Mom...." I saw Evelyn crying and then hugging the older woman.

"I thought I completely lost you. You won't take my calls nor will you meet me" My mother-in-law said.

"Mom.. I didn't knew whether I could face you after knowing the truth. It was too much... I needed time..." Evelyn said.

" I know I know my child" she said and caressed her back.

"I am sorry Mom" Evelyn said.

"No I am sorry my daughter, I should have told you the truth rather than you finding it out abruptly" Mrs. Franoik said.

They took a long time to console each other and when they were composed Mrs. Evelyn looked at me and asked " I am sorry I totally ignored you. How are you doing Richards"

"Mrs. Franoik...nice to meet you" I said.

"Back to being formal Richards. I think we both established that you can call me Mom now" She said.

"Mom..." I said I stumbled towards her holding my stick and hugged her.

"Let's have some tea Mom, Evelyn" I said.

Evelyn nodded and we moved towards the area where the tables were laid.

Mrs. Franoik seemed happy seeing both of us together and while Evelyn went inside she asked me "Tell me Richards what are your intention towards my daughter?"

"I am not sure Mom what you want to know" I asked her.

"I think you know very well. I want her happy and I think you care for her and I think the decision of divorce is not good" She said.

"Divorce? Were we about to divorce before my accident" I asked and she nodded.

"Oh Now I understand why she seems so distant" I muttered.

"She's very sensitive Richards and strong headed too, once she makes up her mind it's very difficult to change. I don't know what happened but one day she showed up and she found out the truth about her being not my child and then she disappeared and when we found her she asked for divorce. I think she was happy with you.  I was not ok with your divorce.But now both the situation and equation have changed. I want both of you together"She said.

"I too want the same Mom but seems like I have made some bigger mistakes that I don't remember but I do want to be with her till my last breath" I said looking towards the door where Evelyn went.

"You have my blessings Son" She said smiling.

"Will you help me in knowing her habits, likes and dislikes. I want to win her" I asked holding her hands and she nodded excitedly.

I realized I was not alone now I have someone to turn to know my wife's likes and the one who can help me win her back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 118 25
On his death bed my father had one wish, or two in my perspective. First that i try to live a peaceful life, one he couldn't ever dream of. Second t...
1.4M 51.4K 52
1St in #possesive 1ST in #abuse 1ST in #arrangedmarriage 1ST in #hatelove 1ST in #rich 1ST in #tortured The next thing she knew was that she was sl...
600K 18K 59
It's the story of two people trapped in a relationship which they can't survive and they can't escape either. Life has played a game with them The r...
2K 147 24
â—Ź18+â—Ź Putting his finger under her chin he made her look up but to only meet with her shut eyes. Wanting to see her eyes he moved his mouth towards h...