Chamber by Chamber // Snowbaz

Por TheSmallTownGal

SO bitches I'm a lonely blob just trying to pass the time writing stuff she loves in hopes it may bring some... Más

The Magic Words
Goodnight Kiss
Penny Ships It
Pitch on the Pitch
I Wanna Hold Your Hand
We're Magic in a Normal World
Drunk Confessions
Magic, Books, and Sleepy Kisses
Is That You?
Playing With Fire
A Sticky Note A Day
For Real This Time
To Endings and Beginnings
Green-Eyed Simon
Romeo and Julien
Use Your Words
It's The End Of The World
Maybe We Can Be Broken Together
I'm Always Sure Of You
The Stars Taunt Us
The Stars Taunt Us- Ch. 2
The Stars Taunt Us- Ch. 3
Golden Days
Swaying In the Snow
Authors Note
Longing
In My Shoes (Literally)
The Dragon Boy, the Vampire, and Crup
Your Fucking Moron
Lost Chances
Fed Up
The Main Characters
My Love
A Fine Line
Force of Nature
This Will End in Flames
Use Somebody
My Beautiful, Broken Boy
C'mere
Some-bud-y to Love
What Are We?
He Wouldn't Understand
Careful What You Wish For
Secrets in the Dark
S+B
Soft Punk Husbands
Kiss Me, Kill Me
Sing Along
The Tells of a Reflection
Not So Secret
Gaining Love
Talk? Talk.
Realizations in the Cold
Laying Into Love
Silver or Wedding Bells? (Both?)
Please Read
Chance Encounters
Suffocation
Finding His Fangs 101
If I Had $1,000,000
Some-bud-y To Love Pt. 2
Daydreams and Doodles
Our Purpose
Grey is the Loneliest Colour
Sour Cherry Scones
Fill Me Up
Say Cheese
Goodbye...
Hello...

True Love's Kiss

4.1K 117 145
Por TheSmallTownGal

Otp Prompt #2: Baz is put under a sleeping spell and only true love's kiss can wake him up... but what if nobody thinks he has a true love?

Surprise, surprise, Baz the attention seeker has found another way to get all of Watford obsessed with him. Well, maybe not all of Watford. Just most. Okay, maybe just some. Definitely at least some of Watford is obsessed with him right now. Penny says it's just me. But I know for a fact that Agatha is pretty bloody obsessed with the wanker right now, too. But of course, we're obsessed in different ways.

Yesterday morning, Ebb the goatherd found Baz fast asleep in the catacombs. I don't really know what Ebb was doing down there, but I know what Baz the vampire was doing down there. But that's beside the point right now. He was curled in a ball and Ebb just thought he had dozed off at first. But then when he hadn't woken up after twelve hours, we started assuming he wasn't waking up any time soon. Ebb and the Mage moved him to a separate room in the white chapel. I stayed with him practically all day yesterday to make sure he wasn't faking it and really plotting. Around 5am this morning, it became pretty apparent he wasn't.

I'm walking to my next class when I pass by the white chapel. I see someone walking in- which wouldn't be so suspicious if there was something supposed to be going on in there during this time of the day. But there's nothing scheduled in there right now. I'm pretty sure I know enough Latin to skip just one class today. And if I fall behind I can always have Penny help me when Baz inevitably teases me for it.

I follow the person inside the chapel. I can't tell who it is because they're in all black with their cloak pulled up so I can't see their face. The person moves swiftly, and I have to take especially long strides to keep up with them. When we turn a corner and walk into a room I recognize as Baz's temporary room, I summon my sword. No way is someone finishing him in his sleep. It just wouldn't be a fair fight. Not much of a fight at all, in fact.

I stay light-footed behind the person as I see them hover over Baz. I'm peeking in through a crack in the door, nearly holding my breath. Baz's hair has fallen out of its usual slicked back state and I just want to pull it out of his face for some reason. His shirt is unbuttoned part way, exposing his vampire white chest. The figure is over Baz's limp body and I see them pull something from their pocket and reach down to Baz. Before I even get the chance to run up and attack, the person muttered something and vanished into thin air. It takes a lot of work for a wizard to pull off a transportation spell.

I would be thinking more about it, but my feet move quicker than my brain, and soon I'm by Baz's bedside. He doesn't look hurt, or dead. He looks just as he did yesterday and this morning. Asleep, lips parted slightly while inhaling and exhaling. I so rarely see Baz like this. Calm. Without the fire behind his eyes. Without a sneer. Dare I say it, he even looks peaceful. I don't know how to feel about that.

"Simon..." Baz says so quietly, I have to lean in to hear him. Then he shifts slightly and a small snore escapes. A smile plays on my lips. Even my perfect enemy has flaws. Or maybe just one. Wait, did he just say my first name? He never does that. Why would he be dreaming about me? Probably plotting my demise, as always. I'll have to ask him about it when he wakes up. If he wakes up...

I circle around him about ten times, examining every square inch of him to make sure the figure didn't hurt him. That's my job. Finally, just as I'm about to leave, I see a peace of paper sticking out of his blazer pocket. I definitely wasn't there before. I carefully pull it out and unfold it to reveal the hastily written words:

This one is asleep

And asleep he shall stay

To wake him up, a small price to pay-

Just one true love's kiss

Who the fuck would do this? Put Baz to sleep and then have the only way to wake him up be a true love's kiss? Baz probably doesn't even have a true love! I don't even think he has a heart to love with. True love is a whole big thing in the World of Mages. There are rules or something. Your true love is someone you have to have chemistry with. Your magic has to be compatible. You have to have feelings for them, and the most important part is that they have to reciprocate your feelings. And this won't really work with a crush, either. You have to be dead in love with the person. And if you are, and you really do turn out to be someone's true love, you always end up together. It's just the way it works. I don't know if Baz even likes anyone. Let alone loves them.

Before I even know what I'm doing, I'm running down to the Mage to give him the note. Baz would make fun of me for it. If he were here. 'You're the Mage's bitch, and you know it, Snow.' He'd throw in a sneer, too.

I shake Baz out of my head as best I can as I walk into the Mage's office. He turns around and eyes me up and down. Can he see how frantic I am? Probably. I try my hardest to try and calm down, just now realizing that magic is radiating from me.

"Simon. What brings you here?"
I take a step toward him. "Baz, sir. I was just...erm... visiting him, and I found this in his pocket. It wasn't there before and it isn't in his handwriting." I hand him the note, and he reads it over a few times. He runs his hand over his stubbly chin and lets out a sigh.

"I see... I guess we have to find his true love. I'll call in the eighth years and have them line up outside his room. Shouldn't take too long. Just a peck on the lips until he wakes up. That is, if he even has a true love. Run along, Simon. You can guard him and make sure no one tries to kill him while they kiss him. Of course, you won't be his true love. You're his destined enemy, so it won't make much of a difference if you kiss him or not. Go ahead and go back to his room. Get comfortable. People will be gathering shortly." I give him a small nod and jog back to his room in the chapel.

I'm seated in a chair up by Baz's head and adjusting his hair out of his face absentmindedly when people start lining up. Girls, boys, pixies, centaurs. Every student in the eighth year is in line- even Dev and Niall (his 'minions' as he so lovingly puts it). The line stretches far back. Some look anxious, some scared. Some excited. I see Penny and Agatha in line and give them a wave. Penny waves back happily but Agatha doesn't even notice me. She's too busy fixing her makeup in a mirror. Of course. It probably is Agatha, come to think of it. They have chemistry. I've always known she fancies him. And I'm sure he fancies her too. I wouldn't be surprised if when her lips touch his, he wakes up and they ride off into the sunset.

First in line is a girl named Lily. She nervously tugs on her skirt and leans down, pressing her lips against Baz's. He doesn't even stir. I wave the next person up. And the next. And the next. Boys and girls and pixies all alike. No one does anything for him. I don't even know why the half-breeds bother. He would never love someone like them. Baz is just like that.

Dev kisses Baz. Nothing. Niall kisses Baz. Nothing. Penny pecks him on the lips, too. I swear he snores even louder when she pulls away. We're about ⅔ of the way into the line, and his lips are starting to look a little swollen. Probably tired from all of the kisses. Especially when I'm not sure he's ever even kissed anyone before today. Although technically he still hasn't. They're kissing him.

Right before Agatha steps up, she puts on a layer of lipstick and smooths back her hair. I feel my stomach twist in knots for some reason. When she leans down, she practically pounces on him; it's a proper snog. But he doesn't kiss her back. When she pulls away, lipstick rubbed off on his lips, I swear he just falls faster asleep. My stomach calms down and I have to fight back a smile. She's not his true love. He's not hers. He can't steal my girl.

Or what if she can't steal your guy? I hear in the back of my mind. What? Pfft. I wave off the thought and beckon the next person up. He kisses him. Baz is still unresponsive. His shoulders almost fall in disappointment as he walks away. Reactions to not stirring baz range from: relief, disappointment, happiness, anger or sadness. It hits me that maybe more people like Baz than I once thought possible. I mean, I suppose I can see what people see in him. He's strong. Graceful. A great magician. In some lights, when he's not sneering (almost never), he can be seen as devilishly handsome. At least, that's probably what other people see in him.

When we finally get to the very end of the line, I sigh. Not of relief or anything, but I'm just really tired of watching people snog my enemy. The last person is a boy named Jake. He's handsome enough. Not as handsome as Baz, but handsome nonetheless. He steps up and pulls on the bottom of his jumper.

"Expecting to make a difference?" I ask boredly, still eyeing him up and down. I think he has two classes with Baz. Usually sits right behind him. Come to think of it, I think he stares at Baz just as much as he stares at our professors. My heart pangs with something, but I can't quite tell what it is.

"I mean, wouldn't it be great if I did? This is Baz Grimm-Pitch! He's...he's..." Jake stumbles over his words, clearly nervous.

"Yeah, sure. Just give it a go, I suppose." I beckon him closer to Baz's head. Jake starts to lean down and he very tentatively pushes his lips onto Baz's. He lingers there for a few seconds before I tap him on the back, telling his to back up.

Baz stirs and my stomach does flips. I'm suddenly dizzy. Did this guy just wake up Baz. Is he his true love? Is Baz gay? Jake seems taken aback, too because he smiles and takes a step closer, breath hitching.

But alas, Baz was just rolling over. Still deep asleep, like I had initially suspected. Jake's face falls and he backs away slowly. He stalks off, shoulders hunching over as he walks. I almost feel bad for the poor bloke. I do wish Baz would wake up now, though. He can probably plot all sorts of things in his sleep. It's better if I can keep an eye on him.

I move to get up and leave the chapel, but a voice stops me. "Simon!" Baz cries out. His arms reach out for just a second, and then fall back onto his stomach. Sleeping Beauty style. Why the fuck is he calling out my name in his sleep? I initially thought it was because he was plotting. But he sounded scared this time. Like he wanted me to save him. He's still moving around in his sleep, so on impulse, I take his hand and lace his fingers with mine. His hand is cold and I realize he's probably hungry. I would be too, if I hadn't eaten in that long. Granted, I'm always hungry.

As I look down at his face, all I want is for him to wake up. He'll probably beat me senseless. But at least he'll be awake. I just need to find his true love. Who in eighth year didn't kiss him? Who wasn't here today? I guess Trixie wasn't here... but she was at her girlfriends' party tonight. There's no way she's Baz's soulmate. Who didn't kiss him? I mean, I suppose I didn't. But I'm his enemy. Not his true love. Not in a million years.

Maybe I should kiss him just for fun. I'm not with Agatha anymore, so it's not cheating. I have always wondered what his lips would feel like. Not in like a gay way or anything, just out of curiosity. Besides, no one is in here right now to see it, so it'll be like it never even happened. I know he won't wake up. I know that. I'm just a curious cat. And it's not like he's awake, so he can't very well punch me for doing it.

Before I can even stop myself, I'm leaning down (still holding his hand, by the way) and pressing my lips to his. They're so soft, and also cold. Like the cold side of pillows. It's kind of wonderful. So soft. He tastes like cedar and bergamot- just the way he smells.

I'm just pulling back when I feel a gasp against my lips. And not my own. I feel his lips start working back with mine, pushing softly like a game of tug of war. His gasp melts into a sigh against my mouth, and I have to hold in a groan. His hand that was in my hand has found a home in my hair, and his other one is pulling me closer and closer... impossibly closer. We're sitting up now. One of my hands in his hair, the other on his hip. I feel something wet start to touch my cheeks. He's crying.

"Baz?" His name comes out as a gasp. I pull back just ever so slightly, and lean my forehead against his, breathless.

"You saved me, Simon," He's stopped crying and he's just as breathless as I am. He's usually so cold, but every place I touched him is warm. Like I've set him on fire. (But in a good way). "I was dying... and you saved me. I love you." I'm taken aback by his words.

"Baz. I think I love you too." He lets out a small laugh and kisses me again, more feverishly this time. I'm consumed by him. We keep kissing, and kissing, and kissing. Yet somehow I'm breathing. Like he's the very oxygen I need to survive.

And I never want to stop breathing. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2M 80.5K 46
"A mate will love you and only you. No other can compare to you and he or she will treasure you above all and everything in the world," mommy says to...
6.3K 212 9
Sarah Paulson/her characters/some other characters one shots. I accept requests and will try to write them as fast as I can (pretty much anything exc...