[TwicePinkVelvet] High School...

By thisismeLeo

A socially awkward student finds herself transferring to a new school after her family moved to Korea. She me... More

Chapter 1: First Day
Chapter 2: Impressions
Chapter 3: The Game
Chapter 4: Lunch and Tension
Chapter 5: Orientation Fair
Chapter 6: Orientation Fair Pt.2
Chapter 7: Help Wanted
Chapter 8: Out Of Nowhere
Chapter 9: Time Will Tell
Chapter 10: Chasing Pavements
Chapter 11: What Lies Beneath
Chapter 12: Connect The Dots
Chapter 13: Spooky Or Lovely
Get Well Soon, Mina
Chapter 14: Eventful Night
Chapter 15: Where We Belong
Chapter 16: Dinner With The Families
Chapter 17: All According To Plan
Chapter 18: Friends?
Chapter 19: The Obstacle Named Friendship
Chapter 20: Treat You Better
Chapter 21: I Have A Plan
Thank You
Chapter 22: Girls Night Out
Chapter 23: Get Help
Chapter 24: Way Back Home
Jihyo
Chapter 25: It Feels Right
Chapter 26: Getting To Work
Chapter 27: In The Area
Chapter 28: In The Area Pt.2
Chapter 29: I Just Can't
Chapter 30: The Final Steps
Chapter 31: Am I Enough?
Chapter 32: Clarity
Epilogue 1: A Decade Worth Of Stories
Epilogue 2: The End And The Beginning

Chapter 33(Ending): Everything Has Changed

1.1K 35 1
By thisismeLeo

"Okay, now what?" Jihyo paces around the room. "Does anyone have any ideas?"

"Can't we just leave it? The audience doesn't know anyways." Jeongyeon says as she's preparing for her own act.

"That would work if it wasn't for the poster. We mentioned the number of acts in there. I should have thought of this." Joohyun knocks on the table impatiently.

Jennie runs inside the room. "Hey, I'm running out of food to hand out. And the whole chatting with the audience can't go any longer. Nayeon and Jisoo are running out of ideas."

"We need to decide quickly. Does anyone have any ideas for a performance? Anything?" Rosie rushes everyone and turns to Jeongyeon. "Can you perform next? You can give us some more time."

Jeongyeon takes a deep breath and nods. "Okay, let's go."

Jihyo talks through her headset to Jisoo outside. "It's really great to hear that you have enjoyed the show so far. Coming up next, our next performer wants to dedicate this song to her girlfriend, Im Nayeon. Please welcome, Jeongyeon."

Jeongyeon steps on stage with her electric guitar and winks at Nayeon standing backstage. The band starts playing 'Heart Attack' and Nayeon immediately smiles and grabs herself a chair to watch Jeongyeon performs. Seeing her girlfriend rocking the stage is a surprise to Nayeon, a welcome one, but never have Nayeon even thought of Jeongyeon with an electric guitar getting the crowd on their feet singing along. Jeongyeon looks incredibly handsome, Nayeon knows that's not a right word to use but who cares. As the song progresses, Nayeon is starting to find the song choice a little bit amusing.

'Never put my love out on the line
Never said yes to the right guy'

Nayeon chuckles lightly at the lyrics because of an obvious reason.

'But you make me wanna act like a girl
Paint my nails and wear high heels, yes you
Make me so nervous, that I just can't hold your hand'

Nayeon is laughing out loud right now and she's completely sure people think she's crazy. The song is very sweet, don't get her wrong, it fits their relationship and Jeongyeon's personality pretty well. Jeongyeon hits the high note at the end of the song and Nayeon applauds loudly until the very end of the performance. Jeongyeon steps off stage and is wrapped in a big hug by Nayeon.

"I'm so proud of you, Jeonggie." Nayeon still squeezing her girlfriend tightly then she looks at Jeongyeon's feet and laughs. "I really made you paint your nails and wear high heels, huh?"

Jeongyeon slaps her forehead harshly and blushes lightly. "Can anyone focus on how sweet the song is? I really feel like that with you." Jeongyeon gives Nayeon one of her rare pouts and that makes Nayeon's heart flutters wildly.

"Yah, I won't tease you anymore. Give me badass Jeongyeon back."

"Oh, she's not going anywhere, soft Jeonggie only appears for you." Jeongyeon shakes her head lightly. "I've been with you too long now, I'm getting cheesy." Nayeon slaps Jeongyeon's arm and ushers the girl back inside the waiting room for the show to continue.

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung walks back to the sound and lighting area with Tzuyu. "What happened down there?"

"We're missing an act and had to push Jeongyeon's act early, she nailed it though."

Tzuyu freezes in her place and thinks hard. "Have you found a replacement?" Chaeyoung shakes her head. "Help me call Jihyo or Joohyun."

Jihyo runs to their station after a few minutes. "What do you need me for?"

Tzuyu scrolls on her phone then stops at a song and hands it to Chaeyoung. "I'm performing, that's my song."

"Are you sure? You'll have to go up right after the break."

"Yeah, sure." Jihyo leads Tzuyu backstage to prepare her headset and informs other that crisis is averted. Nayeon runs back to get the new card from Jihyo to introduce Tzuyu.

"Our next performance describes a feeling that most of us have been through. This is Tzuyu with 'Make you feel my love'" Sana, who is still outside with Lisa at the photobooth, widens her eyes and stares at Lisa. Lisa nods her head towards the stage, telling the other girl to go check it out.

Everything becomes silent after an applause from the audience. The stage is empty comparing to the other performances. There is only Tzuyu with a microphone stand and a single spotlight focus on her. Tzuyu sighs and closes her eyes, the song starts with a soft piano.

'When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love'

Tzuyu sings with all her heart, ignoring everything around her. The crowd applause lightly when they are met with Tzuyu's surprisingly soulful voice. Every memories that she had with Sana come flooding into her mind. From the night they were at the arcade, where Sana for the first time feels vulnerable in front of Tzuyu.

'When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one there to dry your tears
Oh, I hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love'

To that day in the Math class, when Sana burst out crying because of Mark, Tzuyu asked her to skip class and drink beer with her until midnight, listening to Sana's misery. To their many hang outs, both of them feel an indescribable joy when they're together.

'I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I will never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong'

To the day Tzuyu decided to confess, the hurt that she felt is incomparable to anything she has ever felt before. Sana is very important to her, her feelings for the bubbly girl never subsides but instead intensifies day after day after day. Her confession doesn't do her feelings justice so this song may do.

'I could make you happy, make your dreams come true
There's nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of this Earth for you
To make you feel my love, oh yes
To make you feel my love'

As Tzuyu is singing the last few lines of the song, her eyes are still closed but what she doesn't see is how everyone is reacting to her song. Rosie is bawling her eyes out with Seulgi trying to comfort her but also crying. Tears are also rolling down Tzuyu's face when she finishes the song. When she opens her eyes, her vision is still a bit blurred because of the tears but she can hear the deafening applause from the audience and her friends. She quickly bows to the audience and steps off the stage to be wrapped in big hug by Mina, Momo, Rosie, Jihyo, Nayeon and Jisoo. Well, she lost count, this is a big hug.

"We're so proud of you, Tzuyu." Jihyo exclaims while being trapped in the middle of the hug.

"Thanks guys. I need to go somewhere, get some air. Help Chaeyoung at the sound area for me?" Tzuyu turns away and walks to her familiar hide out. On her way out, she passes by Sana standing in a corner trying to hide. After that song and her conversation with Mark earlier, everything is as clear as day but she's still hiding from Tzuyu because she still can't face the other girl.

"Do you know where Tzuyu went?" Joohyun asks.

"Yeah, I do. You can focus on your performance with Seulgi."

'When you hold me in the street and you kiss me on the dance floor
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that
'Cause I'm yours'

Joohyun starts the song with her angelic voice. It's a struggle that she and Seulgi have fought through together and won. Their feelings for each other is what really matters and until this day, her mom still hasn't accepted their relationship but they don't care, they have each other and that's enough.

'Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours'

Seulgi joins Joohyun on stage at the chorus and together they belt out the high notes effortlessly. When the song is over, they stay back on stage for a while because Joohyun wants to deliver a message.

"We chose to perform this song because we want to tell our story. We've been through a lot to be together since my family didn't approve relationship. We want to say that it's not wrong to be in love and you need to fight for what you want. Just like how I did with my girlfriend here. Thank you for supporting us." Joohyun and Seulgi bow to the crowd and steps off the stage.

Sana is still standing at that corner and of course she heard Joohyun's speech loud and clear. She spares a glance at Lisa and it doesn't take long for Lisa to know what she meant. Jisoo steps up behind Sana and taps her shoulder.

"The corner deep inside the garden." Jisoo smiles. "I'll help Lisa here."

Lisa clasps Sana's shoulder. "Go get her." Sana grins widely and runs towards the garden.

Back on stage, Jihyo comes up to introduce the very last act of the night. "How has our show been so far?" The crowd cheer loudly when Jihyo asks them. She looks around and sees some familiar faces, one especially stand out, Daniel has been there the whole time to support her. "For the last act of the night, we want to take you back to the most magical moment when it comes to love. A relationship can last for a short or very long amount of time but despite anything, we would still remember the moment you met eyes with that certain someone, the moment you know nothing is going to be the same as before. Here is 'Everything has changed' by Park Jihyo and Son Seungwan."

Sana reaches the garden and she has to admit that this place is extremely creepy at night, she gulps and steps inside to find Tzuyu. She has been scared long enough, she's not gonna let a few big trees creep her out.

Seungwan begins playing her guitar with a bright smile on her face.

'All I knew this morning when I woke
Is I know something now, know something now I didn't before'

Jihyo starts the song and her memories of she and Seungwan playing around in the park come back like a flood. But right now, those memories don't hurt her anymore, instead it brings her a familiar and warm feeling. Seungwan's bright smile will always have that effect on her. She remembers they would always sneak out in the middle of the night and Seungwan would play a song on her guitar until she dozes off on her best friend's shoulder.

Tzuyu is staring blankly at the dark surrounding her when she sees a white shadow runs by. She stands up and looks around to see Sana's frightened face while trying to navigate through the garden. She stands behind Sana until the Japanese bumps into her.

'Cause all I know is we said hello
And your eyes look like coming home
All I know is a simple name, everything has changed
All I know is you held the door
You'll be mine and I'll be yours
All I know since yesterday is everything has changed'

'And all I feel in my stomach is butterflies the beautiful kind
Making up for lost time, taking flight, making me feel like'

Seungwan misses this a lot, Jihyo's angelic voice, the sweet time they had together that sadly isn't achievable anymore. She's going to make the most of the time she has with Jihyo, making up for lost time like the song said. The day she left for Canada, she wanted to left all her luggage at the airport, ran straight to Jihyo's house and confess to her best friend. But she was a kid back then, what could she do?

'Come back and tell me why
I'm feeling like I've missed you all this time
And meet me there tonight
And let me know that it's not all in my mind'

When they reach this line, they both started crying a little, both feeling regret but two different kinds of it. Seungwan thinks she could have acted different and Jihyo thinks she could have waited a bit longer. But what's the point about it, they both know it's too late.

Tzuyu leads Sana to the bench and lets the other girl sits there when she sits on the ground.

"Come up here and sit with me." Sana pats the space next to her. Tzuyu shakes her head and stays in her place on the ground.

"I've been thinking like you told me." Tzuyu starts. "And I don't like you. Not as simple as that. I don't want to say love, it's too early but it's something way more than like."

"I'm sorry, Tzuyu. I'm sorry that I hurt you. I didn't mean to doubt you. I guess I was scared. But even I'm not sure what I'm scared of." Sana looks on the ground, afraid to meet Tzuyu's eyes.

"That's okay. I can't blame you. I don't have the right to stay angry at you just because you rejected me."

"Was the song for me?"

"Who could it have been for? No one else but you. And I meant every single word I sing."

'All I know is we said hello
So dust off your highest hopes
All I know is pouring rain
And everything has changed
All I know is a new found grace
All my days, I'll know your face
All I know since yesterday is everything has changed'

"You know when I saw you in class on the first day. I dusted off my highest hopes." Tzuyu chuckles lightly, referring to the song.

"Was I that bad?"

"No, because you exceed those expectations."

"You know what, Choo? I've been thinking myself. I've made quite a few mistakes here and there." Sana laughs. "But do you know what is the best thing I did this year?" Tzuyu shakes her head. "Showing you that dog video the first time we third-wheeled for MiMo"

"And why is that?" Tzuyu finally looks at Sana for the first time that night.

"Because that video brought you closer to me."

Tzuyu chuckles while shaking her head. "Don't give me hopes Sana."

Sana stands up from the bench and crouches in front of Tzuyu, holding the other girl's chin. "I'm not. I'm here to say I'm sorry and I...I like you, no. I need you."

Tzuyu reaches out and pulls Sana on her lap, surprising the Japanese girl. "You'd better mean everything you said there. There's no turning back now."

"Who said I'm regretting?" Sana holds Tzuyu's head and presses their lips together. Tzuyu snakes her arm around Sana's waist and holds the other girl in place, kissing back with love and affection that she's been holding back for a long time, too long for her. They continue kissing as Jihyo and Seungwan harmonize the final notes. It is incredibly romantic, Tzuyu has to admit that the universe is a better planner than herself.

Sana pulls away, gasping for air while resting her forehead on Tzuyu's. "Wow" She whispers while smiling.

Tzuyu reaches up and holds Sana's chin to pull her into yet another kiss. "Your lips are too addictive."

Sana giggles and then bursts out laughing. "Who said that while kissing? It sounds great and all but it's just weird."

"Don't ruin the moment." Tzuyu says sternly then pecks Sana's lips one more time. "You can't imagine I've been dreaming about that."

"Well, there's more of that in the future." Sana's phone rings with a text from Mina. 'Where are you and Tzuyu, we need to end the show, say goodbye to the audience.' She shows her phone to Tzuyu and hops off the other girl's lap. "Duty calls, we'll continue this later."

Later that night, the whole class gather on the rooftop with some leftover food from the concert and from Jeongyeon's dad. Jihyo stands up to make a toast. "To us, for staying together this past year and putting together one of the best concerts ever." Everyone clinks their glasses and drinks up.

"This whole concert thing is fun and all but I'm not doing it again." Joohyun speaks up, obviously done and tired with all the work.

"Normally, you would be asleep by now, right?" Jisoo teases her cousin while Sooyoung checks her watch.

"What? It's like 10 pm." Yerim asks with a confused expression.

"Yes, exactly. I need my beauty sleep." Joohyun answers simply.

"More like, elderly sleep, am I right?" Jisoo holds up her hand waiting for a high-five but only Lisa joins her.

Jennie shakes her head. "That's such a bad joke but I'm gonna let you off, I'm too tired." She continues to scroll through her phone, looking at the tweets and posts about the concert.

"What is that?" Nayeon points towards Jennie's phone case.

"Oh, the JJ4EVA? That's kinda like Jisoo and I's thing." Jennie smiles.

"Oooooh, we should make one like that Jeonggie." Nayeon turns to her girlfriend.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll take you to that mall when we're free." Jeongyeon pats Nayeon's head.

Lisa interrupts Nayeon. "Don't pat her head, she doesn't wash her hair."

Jeongyeon growls. "I swear, Manoban. That's just some lyrics and you guys won't let me off."

Rosie speaks up while leaning on Lisa's shoulder. "This shrimp thing tastes kinda familiar."

"Really, let me try." Rosie feeds one to Momo. "No, I don't remember this."

Jeongyeon starts laughing hysterically. "Because you were too drunk to remember."

"What do you mean?" Momo furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"Lisa, do you find it weird that when you mentioned YKW when these three got drunk and Rosie had to ask for your help, I didn't even ask for the address?" Lisa nods lightly.

"Because YKW stands for Yoo Kyungwan. My old name."

Momo glances at Tzuyu, Nayeon and Rosie. "Prove it." Jeongyeon shows a picture on her phone, which is her student card back in 1st grade and the name is none other than Yoo Kyungwan.

"That's a relief to be fair, at least I got drunk at my girlfriend's bar." Nayeon shrugs.

"Say, why is no one talking about Tzuyu and I?" Momo speaks up. "Our girlfriends are the expensive Japanese."

Sana frowns. "Why do you call us that?"

"When you two came into class on the first day, you were wearing sunglasses with expensive bags and all that. We were a bit taken aback though." Tzuyu explains to her girlfriend. Huh, girlfriend, that does sound very nice.

Momo holds her hand up, asking Tzuyu for a high-five but Tzuyu just shakes her head. Momo turns around and sees Mina, now dressed in an oversized hoodie, glaring at her. Momo reaches out and pinches Mina's cheeks. "You're so cute Minari, even when you're glaring at me." Mina gives Momo her gummy smile and turns back to her ice cream like nothing happened.

"Is she always like that with you?" Sana asks.

Momo wiggles her eyebrows. "Not when we're making out though."

Seulgi quickly buts in. "Does that mean she tops?"

"Not in front of the kids!" Jihyo tries her best to cover Dahyun and Chaeyoung's ears.

"Pfffffft. Them? Kids? Come on Jihyo."

"Yeah, why are you saying we're kids? I even got tattoos." Chaeyoung happily shows off her achievement.

"What do you mean tattoos? Where?" Jihyo asks sternly, like a mother scolding her child.

Chaeyoung pulls her collar revealing her shoulder and a strawberry tattoo. "Strawberry? Aww. But still. Does the school even allow this?"

Chaeyoung just simply shrugs. "Probably not. It's not like they're gonna find out."

Jihyo turns to Dahyun. "Don't tell me..." Jihyo is met by Dahyun's bright smile. "You know what, I'm not gonna ask."

"Since we're in the spirit of secrets, why don't we share some? It has be juicy though." Sana comes up with an idea.

"Oh, I got one." Joohyun starts. "Ms. Taeyeon totally has a crush on Ms. Tiffany."

Everyone just simply stares at Joohyun. Lisa cups her hands around her mouth and yells. "Not juicy enough!"

"Yeah, everyone knows it. It's kinda disappointing though. I like her." Yerim mumbles the last part but it doesn't go unnoticed by the others. "What? She's hot."

"But she's scary." Everyone fires back.

"Well, that's the point."

"Anyways, does anyone think Mr. Taemin is strangely hot?" Seulgi speaks up.

"Our dance instructor? Hell yeah." Momo high-fives Seulgi while everyone looks at Mina.

"I can't even be mad. He's hot, I gotta admit it." Mina shrugs. "Now, does anyone really have a good secret though?"

Jennie raises her hand. "I got one. I used to date Jongin."

"Oh shit." Chaeyoung yells making Jihyo glares at her. "For how long?"

"Long time ago, only for a few months. Turns out he's gay, turns out I'm gay." Jennie laughs when remembers the strange time while Jisoo breaths a sigh of relief.

"Mine is better. Look at this photo, do you recognize who's in this picture?" Seungwan shows everyone a picture of two little girls on her phone, one is kissing the other on the cheek.

"Looks like you and the one kissing you looks really familiar." Tzuyu looks up and sees Jihyo turning to the side. "No way, Jihyo?"

"Shocking, right? We are childhood friends." Seungwan smiles at the photo she kept all those years in her phone.

"Aww, look at you two." Jisoo takes the phone from Tzuyu's hand. "Were you guys a thing, like childhood sweethearts?"

Seungwan shakes her head sadly. "We never reached that level. Then I went to Canada."

"Is there any chance for it? I mean your performance earlier was awesome, anyone can see your chemistry." Joohyun turns to ask Jihyo.

Jihyo just shrugs. "That's the thing. I have a boyfriend." Everyone stares at her wide-eyed and speechless.

"You're not gay?"

"I'm bi." Everyone just shrugs and continues their other conversations.

"Does no one want to know more?"

Mina shrugs again. "Not quite, it's a bit boring talking about men." Momo laughs and fist bumps her girlfriend. "But seriously, yeah, we do want to know."

"Kang Daniel, a year older than us, he's studying here."

"Wait, so your boyfriend sponsored the concert?"

"Not really, but if you want to put it that way, then yeah."

Jennie's phone suddenly rings and she excuses herself. "Hello Dad."

"Yeah, I'll be out really late."

"Wait, what. In three months?" Jennie hangs up and turns back to look at her friends, especially Jisoo.

Jennie returns to the group with a puzzled look. "Is everything alright?" Jisoo asks.

"Yeah, so far so good." Jennie smiles and holds Jisoo's hand tightly like Jisoo would disappear if she let go.

Seungwan takes out her guitar and plays a few songs. They sing and dance through the night with each other, celebrating their first year of high school, knowing that they will have each other's back no matter what. They are one dysfunctional family, but it's good to be happy, sad or crazy. Together.

fin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: This is not quite the end yet. There will be two more epilogues to end the story the right way. There will also be a special message from me after the two epilogues so keep your eyes peeled for that.

Have a nice day, readers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 322 14
Mina tames a stray cat. Every night, the cat would appear outside her window. She wondered what the cat did during the day. Chaeyoung spends her nig...
111K 7.1K 44
It's a bit confusing story. A broken Jisoo. Player Jennie. Innocent Jennie's twin.(Jenison) So much confusion.. read it if you want solve the confu...
42K 1.7K 49
Amber Josephine Liu, all her dream of was to be a celebrity, but when she thought , everything was perfect, suddenly, her dream became her worst nigh...
246K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...