The Arrangement | ✔️

By Phunmito

Kayla Andrews was living a simple life even as the daughter of one of the richest men in the society, she sti... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Author's Note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
NOT AN UPDATE!!!
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
THANK YOU!!
Bonus Chapter 1
BOOK COVERS
WINNER!!

Chapter 46

125K 5K 869
By Phunmito

The cover at the top was made by Woolgatherer-girl

Thank you so much for the amazing cover.

Jason’s POV

I was getting impatient because of how long the doctor had been with her inside the ER.

Brandon had finally had enough of my pacing about ten minutes and after forcing me to sit, I was impatiently tapping my leg and I could tell how much it was pissing him off.

The doctor who looked to be in his late fifties or so with some strands of grey hair on his head finally came out and I jumped up in a flash to meet him.

“Mr Anderson?” He asked looking at me and I just nodded.

“How’s my wife?”

“Well she’s lucky.” He said with a small smile.

“What do you mean?” I asked getting impatient with the man.

“The amount of anti depressants in her system could have killed her and from what I saw, she hasn't had a proper meal in a long time so it’s a miracle that she could stay strong and be alive for this long. Luckily we were able to flush out the drugs in her system and clean her up so now she’s stable.” He said looking around.

“Can we see her?” I asked him with hopeful eyes.

“Unfortunately you can’t sir. She needs enough rest so I’ll need her to sleep for at least five hours before you can go in because I know if I let you in now, you might wake her up.”

“Okay then.” I said with a defeated sigh.

“Where’s my daughter? Where is she?!” I heard a voice say from behind me and turned to see her mother.

“Calm down mum. The doctor said she’s fine and she just needs rest.” Dray said wrapping his arms around her.

“Why didn’t you all tell me?” She said sobbing into his shoulders.

“Because of what’s happening right now. I didn’t want you to worry mum but she’s fine now so I need you to calm down so you don’t hurt yourself.” He said rubbing her back, an act that he was used to doing with Bella.

“I know but I’m just so scared for my little baby. I can’t believe that crazy Tony would do that.” She said suddenly getting angry.

“He’s a crazy man and I’ll make sure he doesn’t go scot free, I promise you Kate.” I said and moved to hug her.

“Jason honey, how are you feeling?” She asked referring to my accident and I cringed at the memory of it.

“I’m fine now. All I need is for her to be alright.”

“My baby is strong, I know she’ll be fine.” She said with a warm smile.

“And yet you were crying so hard.” Dray said with a playful eye roll which caused her to smack him and the rest of us to laugh.

“There’s really nothing we can do since we can’t see her yet so you all should probably go home and rest.” I told them.

“How about you? You haven’t had a proper rest in two weeks.” Brandon said with a weary look.

“And I probably won’t until she’s okay so it’s fine. I’ll just ask for a room or something or I can just lie here.” I said referring the the chair that looked a bit comfortable.

They all nodded and decided to leave.

“I’m only leaving because I have to see Bella but call me as soon as she wakes up and I’ll be back here.” Dray said and gave me a short hug.

“Thanks man.”

“For what?” I asked with a confused look.

“For loving my sister. It’s good to know to know that she has someone that cares for her as much as you do.” He said and I knew he was referring to what happened back at that house.

“You don’t have to thank me. Your sister is a blessing to me and I’m just glad I have her.”

He gave me a curt nod and turned to walk away with his mum.

“Will you be fine here?” Brandon asked walking up to me.

“Yeah I will. Now go home and get some proper rest.” I said smiling at him.

“You need to look at yourself in the mirror. You look horrible and you haven’t gotten any rest since your accident. Just know that when Kaybear wakes up, she’s going to give you the scolding of your life.” He said and I couldn’t help but smile.

“I’m willing to take it as long as she’s okay. Now go home, I’m sure Lisa will be waiting.” I said with a teasing smile which caused him to scowl at me before turning to walk away.

“Hey Brandon?” I called out to him and he turned back to look at me.

“Thanks. For everything.”

“That isn’t necessary. You’re family which automatically makes her family too. I love Kayla and I’d do anything for you both so there’s absolutely no need to thank me.” He said and turned to walk away.

I gave a loud sigh as I was left once again in my own world and I could feel the fatigue weighing me down. I tried to fight it but before long I could feel myself falling asleep on the not so comfortable chair.

I woke up to the pain from the uncomfortable position I was and sat up to see my sister looking lost in her own thoughts.

“Emma?” I called out to her and she immediately snapped out of it and turned to me.

“Hey Jason.” She said with a forced smile.

“Have you been crying?” I asked with a concerned look when I finally noticed her red and puffy eyes.

She tried to shake her head but that just caused her to burst into another round of tears.

I quickly moved to wrap my arms around her and she sobbed into my shoulders.

“I was so scared when I heard,” She said finally calming down, “I lost a big sister but I gained another when Kayla came and the thought of losing her scared me so badly. I couldn’t imagine the thought of losing her and everything just seemed to be happening all over again.” She said sobbing softly.

“She’s not going anywhere I promise. The doctor said she’s okay and she just needs to rest a bit but she’ll be fine.” I said rubbing her back to calm her down.

“How about you? How are you holding up?” She asked turning to me.

I was taken aback by the question because I didn’t expect it.

“I don’t know Emma. I was so scared when I couldn’t find her and all I did was to try and find her, totally ignoring my health which almost killed me but I didn’t care. When I finally did find her, it was too late because she was so hurt and I thought I was going to die from the pain I felt when I saw her. I finally realized that I can’t live without her. If I ever lose her, it’ll kill me.” 

“It wasn’t too late Jay, you found her and she’s okay so that says a lot.” She said wrapping my big hands in her small ones.

“I know but—”

“Kayla is lucky to have you and she knows it. You got to her just in time so I believe she’ll be fine. Plus, she’s a really strong woman and she won’t ever go down without a fight. She’s that amazing.” She said with a proud smile.

“Yes she is.” I said with a smile and she wrapped her arms around me.

“I love you Jay Jay.” She mumbled into my chest.

“I love you too Jasmine.” I said and placed a small kiss on her head.

We were soon interrupted by a voice in the room.

“Hello Mr Anderson.” She greeted with a small smile.

“How many times do I have to tell you it’s Jason.” I said with a fake scowl.

“Sorry Jason. How are you?” She asked.

“I’ve been better.” I answered with a shrug then suddenly noticed the ring on her finger.

“Congratulations on your marriage.”

“Thank you. I’m sorry I wasn’t here when you were were rushed in.” She said apologetically.

“It’s not your fault. It was your honeymoon so you couldn’t have known.”

“Why did you work yourself so hard anyway? I knew letting you go home was a bad idea anyway.” She said with a frown.

“I’m sorry mum,” I said rolling my eyes playfully, “I was worried and I needed to find my wife, at that moment I could care less about my health.”

“But what if you had hurt yourself and then you couldn’t look for her? What would have happened then?”

“I don’t know Rose but I’m just glad it didn’t happen.” I said not wanting to think about that possibility.

“Well I’m just glad you’re okay.”

“Me too. You’re watching my wife right?”

“Yes I am.”

“And how is she?”

“She’s okay for now but we might have to wake her up so she can eat something. We’re just lucky she didn’t develop ulcer or something.”

“I just want her to be okay.” I muttered softly

“She will be. Your wife is a really strong woman.”

“I know.” I said with a small nod.

“Well I’ll go in to see her now. I’ll let you know when she’s okay to have visitors.”

“Okay thanks. I’ll be here because I have nothing else to do.” I told her and she gave me a small nod before turning to walk inside.

I turned back to see Emma fast asleep on the couch and used the blanket I was using to cover her then placed a soft kiss on her head.

I got up and moved to the cafeteria to get some coffee into my system since it was just three in the morning and I still needed to see Hazel.

I was sitting on one of the chairs in the hall when I felt a presence beside me and turned to see James.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him with a suspicious stare.

“I couldn’t sleep.” He said with a careless shrug and sat beside me while sipping a cup of coffee too.

“So you drove all the way down here?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Well I had a reason to be here so I thought, why not?”

“Well I’ve handled everything here so you don’t need to worry.”

“You might not know this Jason but you’re not the only one that cares about Kayla y'know?” He asked with the smug smile I hated seeing on his face.

There was always something suspicious about him and his smile said it all.

“What do you mean?”

“It’s not news that I like Kayla but I’m a gentleman and that’s why I’ve decided not to act on it and to tell you although I was going to sweep her off her feet if you hadn’t gotten in that accident. Kayla is an amazing person and whether you know it or not you’re lucky to have her.”

“I know.” I said with a low grunt.

“Well now that we’ve established that, I’ll like to let you know that I’m not leaving her. I will not act on my feelings but that doesn’t mean I’ll stop being her friend, I’ll take what I can get but I just need you to know that I am not a threat to your marriage because I have manners and I also respect boundaries.” He said with his weird smile.

“Why are you telling me this?” I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

“Just because I can. Also because I don’t need you to send your guys to kill me even though I know you can’t but it’s mostly because I can and my mother raised me well.” He said with a shrug.

I was going to question his idea of me not being able to kill him but I decided to ignore it.

“So what are you going to do about the crazy ex?” He asked sipping his coffee.

“Which one of them?” I asked with a tired sigh.

“Obviously yours. That Tony dude needs rehab.”

“He deserves to be fucking killed by me.” I said suddenly getting angry again.

“Then Kayla will kill you so you both can go to jail. If that happens I’m only bailing her so we can get married.” He said and I sent him an evil glare before he raised his hands in surrender.

“I’m kidding man.” He said with a light chuckle.

“Whatever. I don’t know what to do with the both of them and I’m not ready to think about it until I’m sure she’ll be fine.”

“She will be. She’s strong.”

“And how do you know that?”

“Any woman that can deal with you is strong.” He said with a smirk.

“You don’t even know me.”

"I've spent the past two weeks with you, I think I know you enough.” He said with a small laugh.

“You say that like we’re in a relationship or something.” I muttered rolling my eyes at him.

“Why? Do you want it to be?” He asked with a suggestive grin.

“What the hell man?”

“It’s fine, I’m sure Kayla will understand. I mean I’m pretty irresistible.” He said wiggling his eyebrows.

“Fuck off.” I groaned while trying hard not to smile which just caused him to laugh at me.

We were suddenly interrupted by Rose.

“Mr—Jason? You can come and see her now.” She said and my heart suddenly started racing again.

I turned to look at James and he gave me a small nod saying I should go ahead.

I walked slowly to the room and passed by Emma who was still asleep.

“She’s in and out so she might still be asleep when you get in. Just make sure you don’t stress her.” Rose said and gave me an encouraging smile before turning to walk away.

I walked into the room to see her sleeping figure on the bed.

She looked so small, skinny, fragile and broken.

Her swollen face and the thought of the bruises hidden by the hospital gown suddenly angered me and I had the urge to find that bastard just so I could kill him.

I moved slowly and sat on the chair beside the bed and placed her small hands in mine.

“I’m sorry I was such an ass to you, I’m sorry I didn’t treat you right the first day we officially met, I’m sorry for proposing to you in such a shitty manner, I’m sorry for making our wedding day so horrible, I’m sorry for leaving you on the night of our wedding.”

I didn’t know why I was saying this and I wasn’t sure she could hear me but I just let the words come out and slowly, I felt the tears start to drop.

Only Hazel could make me break down like this.

“I’m sorry for leaving you for so long and coming back just to call you stupid, I’m sorry that you had to get drunk because of me, I’m sorry for embarrassing you in front of my staffs, I’m sorry for being so mean to you when I was mourning my sister,” I paused and wiped the tears away, “I’m sorry that you lost your dad, I’m sorry for the scandal I caused with Brittany, I’m sorry for making you hate so much that you had to leave, I’m sorry for the hurt I caused when you had to watch me fight for my life and fight to remember you, I’m sorry that you got kidnapped and tortured so badly, I’m sorry that I couldn’t get to you fast enough before he did everything to you, I’m sorry that I promised not to leave you but I did because I was away from you for two weeks, I’m sorry for everything.” I said sobbing softly.

I realized that I had put her through so much and yet she still stayed when she could have ran for the hills, not for anything but because she cared so much about me.

I didn’t deserve her.

I promised I’d keep her safe but I couldn’t even do that simple task and here she was, looking so lifeless and broken, it broke me.

“I’m so so sorry Kayla.” I said and finally broke down.

I could feel my sobs rake through my body and at that moment I didn’t care about anybody walking in and seeing how much of a mess I was, all I cared about was the fact that I’d taken her love for granted and the thought of losing her scared me.

I realized I could never live without her.

“Jason?” A voice said and I raised my head up to stare into those Hazel eyes I’d fallen in love with.

I cried😭😭

Did you cry? ☹️

Why are my chapters so emotional lately?😂 One more and the waterworks will stop. At least I think🤔

For those of you that hate James, I hope you hate him a little less now? 😏

At least Kayla isn't dead.😂

Not like I was going to kill her anyway, I love her too much.

Alot of you are saying this book shouldn't end and I think you're very hilarious😂

I can't write forever plus the next book is going to be so much fun and no, it doesn't involve any character from this book. It's entirely different.

The sneak peek will come later but for now let's focus in this one as it comes to an end 😭😭😭😭💔

I do hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Have fun my lovelies 😘😘

Thanks for reading and don't forget to click on the little star at the bottom of your screen and leave your comments(as positive as possible please)but constructive criticism is allowed.💋💋💋💋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 12.5K 63
"At this point, I'll be grateful for your pieces." ***** Jessica Franklin is at her wit ends, literally. With two sist...
474K 17.5K 28
Arranged marriage? In this day and age? Seriously? That's the proposition Elizabeth Westville, a young beautiful heiress, has to face in order to bri...
1.2M 41.3K 52
Ranked #1 in adventureedition Ranked #27 in justwriteit *** His hands moved up my thighs seductively. "You're mine......" his voice was nothing but...
507K 13.7K 60
*BEWARE: I started writing this when I was much younger so I apologize on how fast paced it is, I plan to edit and republish it later on so read with...