Propose to me 💍 (Editing)

By Lynn_dire

A story of a secretary named "Trexie " pronounced (TrexC). What happens when her relationship has lasted for... More

CAST
BEGINNING-PROPOSE TO ME
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note

Chapter 1

588 46 94
By Lynn_dire

Sleep one thing I can't overlook, which is... I don't ever like to be disturbed until I choose to wake. Don't ever wake me! One reason I never put a waking alarm. But this morning, as I lay still on the bed as though my life depended on it, my phone keeps going on and off, and I wondered in my half-asleep state when I had put the damn alarm.

It can't be morning already, because I just went to bed a few minutes ago. That was 8 pm.

I recognized the tone and it occurred to me that it was an incoming call. So I tossed roughly on my bed, mumbling nonexistent curses, as I reached for my phone on the nightstand without looking at the caller's identity.

"Yeah?" I asked with my eyes closed.

"You scared me! Thought you died!" came in the unfamiliar voice.

Removing the phone from my ear. A second offense, calling late and screaming at me like some crazed psycho.

"Who is this? and why calling this late at night!" I raged with my eyes still closed.

"Wow...Baby don't tell me you're still in bed?"The male voice asked.

It was then I opened my eyes squinting, to look at the caller's identity. Bryan

Do you think it's weird that I don't recognize voices when I'm freshly woken? Well, I do. My body hasn't fully woken yet, so are the organs. Even if the house was on fire, I wouldn't wake. I could be kidnapped too. So this must be his 20th call before I picked.

I groaned. "Babe this late. I'll have to call you back. I just went to bed two minutes ago" I yawned, still with my eyes closed.

" Seriously? 11 am? Are you practicing how to be dead? " Bryan asked, and I could imagine him smirking, but I had a better imagination on my mind. Sleeping

" No babe..." I yawned again, trying to signal him that I mean to sleep away in 0seconds. It was then something rang on my head and I sprang from the bed.

"You said 11 what? "My eyes went to my clock. 10 minutes past 11 "Holy shit!"

"No this shit ain't holy, because someone is getting fired today" Bryan chuckles

"No way!"

"Yes way" He chuckles again

I dropped my phone on the bed, pacing the room while running my fingers on my hair. What have I gotten myself into?

" Baby?"

"Hello...Baby?" Bryan's voice came from where I tossed my phone. I ignored him, and ran to the bathroom, not until I heard him say...

" I just hope you haven't fainted. But if you did, call me when you wake up. Bye!"

***

I arrived at the office and went straight to my Boss's office. Opening the door fearfully, there he sat looking at me in disgust.

"Good morning Sir...Sorry, Good afternoon Sir"

He ignored me and continued with whatever he was writing. I don't think I'll like this ...God helps me.
"Sir..."

"I am waiting for your resignation later," He said lifting his palm in my direction, as he continued writing. I saw this coming but not this way.

Shouldn't I like plead?

"Sir..."

"Do not waste my time Ms!" He looked up at me, and I wished he never did. If eyes could kill, I'd be dead now. This is what a night out with the girls has cost me? Losing my job? I'm going to do something crazy when I leave here, this is the end of my life.

"Ok sir" I turned to the exit, knowing my next move is to put my face off this planet.

"On this table is a heap of files that needs to be worked on. Take them and leave my office. "He said in a rush that I almost didn't hear him.

Turning back with a full smile on display, I guess no one wants me dead yet.
"Thank you, Sir!" I carried the files and dashed to my office.

1 hour, 30 minutes later.

I craned my neck, from left to right, and right to left, grimacing at the files that were no way reducing. There were so many of them. I know I said no one wants me dead, but this could kill me. My Boss wants me dead period! I fell on my desk and sobbed. Then my phone chose that moment to interrupt me or rather someone.

"What's up girl?"

The sound of her voice annoyed the peace in me, I wanted to break something on her head.

"Let's just say when I die...I will haunt you" I retorted, making sure she picks the distaste on my tone.

But what did she do?

She giggled.

"Do you have cancer? oh my God! you are going to die?" Vivi asked.

"Bitch I had an accident"I replied

"Jesus Christ! How? When?"She asked, now serious.

"How? When I became your friend. When? from that very day Ass boil! "

Vivi sighs audibly.

"Girl, you want to ruin my life? I almost got fired today!" I blared the anger out.

"Almost she said" She scoffs.

My jaw dropped. Did she just say that?

"Trex? You're dead? No don't die, I'm going to cry" she mimicks a cry.

"You know what Vivi? "

"Just shut up" she stops me.

I rolled my eyes, she knew I would say something she wouldn't like.

"So bad! Do not roll your eyes on me!" she warns.

"Pppffft" I rolled my eyes again.

"Don't you..."

"Shut up!"

Vivi keeps mute, and I believed I found peace again. "Yes shut up"

"Stupid bitch" she mumbles

"Thanks to you, I got a mountain piled up files on my table to work on. So kick yourself out of my phone, I could channel my energy somewhere worth it"

"Did..."

"I will help you" I dropped the call immediately. Looking at the files, I closed my eyes and opened them slowly, hoping they would disappear, but there they were, steadfast. I wanted to cry.

"It is real!" I whisper yelled.

***

After the day's work which I survived. I cleaned up and barged through the exit, like staying in there suffocated me.
Phone dings. Fishing it out as I entered my car.
Agent 47: Dinner. My place tonight.💟

I smiled and quickly replied

Me: I am so exhausted. A meal prepared by Bae? Just what I need right now. Yippee!💃🏻💃🏻

Agent 47:Dress hot😉

Me: For the food? Yes!!

Me: Anything for the food😋

Agent 47: You...😒

Agent 7:No lipgloss

Me: For the food? Yes, Agent!!!😂

Agent 47: Agent?

Agent 47: That's not what you saved my name as😄

Agent 47: No, I feel funny. Did you by any means add 47 to it? 💔😫

Me: But that hasn't changed my love for you Age...4...🙄

Bryan would murder me if he was close. I couldn't stop laughing. Agent 47, was the name his Late Grandfather nicknamed him when he was little. It is something, about him always turning the samurai warrior, when you'd go near his food. He was quite the stingy little guy. He'd hated it so much and when his Grandfather died, he mentioned in his tribute "That he was glad nobody would address him as such again". How pathetic

Agent 47: I thought you were my soulmate!!

Me: Well, I still love you Agent 47😘

Agent 47: Oh Trex! 💔

Me: Hope you've prepared the meal already? When you're heartbroken, it won't taste good😭

Me: I am so famished babe, you can get heartbroken later. Please not now 😭

Agent 47: God why?

Me: No, this is Trexie, not God.

Me: But you can confess your sins to me though 👀.

Me: Bae?

Error 23405

Me: Uh? 😳

Error 23405

Me: You ugly shriek! Did you block me?

Error 23405

Me: I will kill you!😡

Error 23405.

7:30 pm. I pressed his doorbell and waited for him to open. I heard him chuckle; before the door was opened, but I didn't come here to talk. Someone should let him know that. I walked in with no smiles on display, while he exhibited his.

"Damn babe you chose to wear that dress, "he said, and I felt his eyes hitting on my back.

"The room is boiling already...just because you walked in" he snaked his hands on my waist, and my back rested on his bare chest, as I felt his breath fan over my neck and ear. And he whispered, " Can we skip dinner?"

"Shush" I stopped him. I was still pissed anyway, but I'm not talking about it.

"Shush?" He asked and slowly turned me to face him. As he grinned and squinted his eyes, wrapping me with his arms.

"Yes pin it"I looked away.

"You sure you want me to? "he asked and bit his bottom lip. Making his flirtatious advances obvious.

"Yes do just that," I said with zero confidence in my voice. He was dangerously close.

"You want me to? Mmm? You sure?" He softly kissed my neck, and I immediately created a room for him; as he caressed my neck, leaving hot breaths that made me forget I was even mad.

"Bryan..." I called for him to stop, but I knew it sounded more like a whisper.

"Want to pin it for my lady" he giggled on my neck, and just right there I knew I was a goner. He cupped my cheeks delicately and brought our lips together, in an intense kiss. Our tongues danced around in a rhythmical movement. This felt so good because I missed doing this with him.

What my Job would obstruct me from having all day. His hands raked on my body. I was fighting to stand still, but my knees failed me and buckled.

Breaking the passionate kiss, I glared at the man behind my weakness.

"What?" He asked amusedly, as though he didn't know what had just happened. And this also explains why he said no lipgloss.

I ignored the obvious and spoke about the latter.

"First thing you wanted to do, that's the reason you told me not to put on a lipgloss. "

He smiles and bit his bottom lip again.

"Stop being too flirty " I flipped my hand on his chest and he laughed.

"My bad? " he scooped me closer to his chest.

"The only thing that seems bad is my sight." I craned my neck at the dining table. " Because I can't see my food " I gave him a questioning look.

"Yeah, I'm not surprised. You came here to eat or to see me?" He asks and crossed his arm on his chest?

I looked at the expression on his face and almost laughed. I love this man and it's these little things he does that ignite the fire that keeps our love burning.

"It depends" I took a seductive step closer to him, looking at his sweatpants hanging dangerously below his V lines. Biting my lip not out of acting but as an act of trying to hold my shits together, I looked up at him. "On what you want me to eat"

I watched as his eyes instantly darkened as he masked it up almost as it came.

"I don't think flirting with me in my own house is a safe thing for you to do sweetheart."

"Is it working? Because all I truly want now is to eat, my stomach is growling?"I held my stomach, pouting my lips like a child.

Bryan sighed, letting out a breathy short laugh.

" What? Do you think it's not time for you to feed me?

"No, I just think you're a punishment from God, for a sin I must have committed in the past. "He grabbed me by the wrist pulling me in.

"Was that supposed to piss me off hmm?" I giggled and walked past him heading to the dining table. " You're lucky I love you" I sat down comfortably.

"Was that supposed to melt my heart?" he asked standing next to me.

" Can I at least eat please, then I can tease you later Chief?" I smirked.

"This dinner will be hell, I can tell."

I looked down to his upright member, looking away with a smirk "Only when the food is tasteless honey. Well, that was a nice line though, I mean the hell tell" I said trying to annoy him as much as possible, brushing my hair back like a bitch. I almost laughed when I turned to see his expression "😦". He adjusts his stillness and left to the kitchen and I cracked up.

***
After dinner, I sat by the mirror, wiping my face with a facial treatment oil. While Bryan sat in the middle of the bed watching me.

"So?"

"Mm?"

" You're going to work tomorrow?" he asked, and I knew we were going to have an issue soon because this discussion never goes right.

"What a ridiculous question"

Silence.

OK, that just came out wrong.

"Seriously?" he asked and I noticed the angry tone it held.

"Sorry bae."I turned in his direction and walked to the bed, sitting closer to him. "We don't have to keep having this conversation. You know I have a real passion for my job, you don't have to be..."

" I don't have to be what?" he snapped at me.

I could do so many things to avoid this conversation, but it always makes a way to happen. Bryan doesn't like my job, he hates that I work there, he hates that I work actually. Yes, I could live without having to lift a pin forever and still get fed, because Bryan's money could last till eternity, being the sole owner of three manufacturing companies, but I appreciate the fact that I don't depend on him for everything. But he would always have a thing to say.

" You got to quit that damn Job Trex"

"What! We are not having this discussion again? I told you countless times that I won't quit. Do you hear me!" I wanted to scream. Or maybe I did.

"And Baby I told you countless times that I would find you another!"

I adjusted myself getting pissed.
"Bryan stop it"

"No, you..."

"You don't! "

"Baby, this job takes your time. It's been three weeks since I last saw you. I miss you come on. It is always about work for you, I don't even spend time with you anymore" He complains.

"It's not that I don't want to spend time with you, it's just that this job could slip through my fingers if I don't hold on tight to it. "I explained

"You got this job when I had nothing. Now I have a whole lot of connections, that I could give you a job if you choose to work, just in a blink of an eye babe. I can buy that damn office of your Boss." he added.

"Wow! Bravo! A good thing but...ain't leaving that" damn job"I air quoted his words. Getting away from him.

"Too bad that all I ask from my woman is a good time. Too easy, but still too hard to have" He pushes the duvet and got in, turning his back on me.

I turned to see his back on me. Why does he like doing this? He knows my answers are always going to be the same, but he will never let it slide every chance he gets to see me.

I climbed back on the bed and tapped him gently "hey..." He ignored me.

"Come on, if you don't look at me now, I will cry"and I faked a sob. He turned to look at me, making me smile.

"I am sorry babe, I'm deeply sorry" I brushed his arm gently.

He kept mute.

"Ok, hmm, I promise..." what the F am I going to promise?" I internally rolled my eyes for starting like that. I looked away in shame, I didn't want to quit my job, but he would be overwhelmed with joy if I ever make a note on that. I turned to face him again with his brows knitted together, anxious to know what I would say.

"Alright baby, I won't quit my job. What other thing do you want me to do?

"Skip work tomorrow, but I can't assure you it ends tomorrow. You can lie to your Boss because I want to be with you for long" he said, still waiting for my reaction.

I coughed at his idea.

"No other risk ma'am. I want to sleep, Goodnight." Adjusting the duvet.

"No no no no! I will do it " I said in a voice that I wasn't sure was mine.

He turned towards me quickly."You will?" He asks his face lighting up.

"Yes...I..will. I can do that for...you " I tried to smile, wishing this was a dream.

"Awww...this is the sweetest thing I have heard today! Come here!" He pulls me closer to him, making me straddle him, as he peppered me with kisses, and I laughed at his excitement.

"So I can start my fun tonight?" he bites his lip.

"Yeah, "I said shyly.

He turns me so I could lie with my back on the bed, and he lowered his head to mine, pulling in my bottom lip into his.

Not edited.

I just started editing. I apologize for the errors you might come across. I will clean up soon.

Thanks for reading.💞

Amana-Deena

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 412 32
Having already been hurt after falling for her straight friend Amy, Drew has vowed not to fall for anyone else at work. What's the point, when lovin...
70K 10.7K 35
*Nigerian Themed Novel* FRIENDSHIP.ENVY.BETRAYAL.LOVE.LUST AND OBSESSION. Six screaming words in this drama filled story. Having met in the universit...
45.4K 4.4K 63
"She don't want my money She don't want nobody She just wants loyalty She wants my loyalty. "
692K 15.6K 41
She is 21 fresh out of college looking for a job as a secretary. Lucky for her, her brothers best friends have a job for her as their own secretary...