Protecting You (Katsuki Bakug...

By vote4kiba

*Currently Editing* Ranked #2 in Fanfics out of 1 Million KATSUKI BAKUGO x READER "I may not be a hero yet, b... More

Content Warnings - Please Read
Chapter 1- Welcome to UA
Chapter 2- Becoming Friends
Chapter 3- Investigations
Chapter 4- Quirk
Chapter 5- I Am Here
Chapter 6- Everything
Chapter 7- Angel
Chapter 8- To Save You
Chapter 9- Competitors
Chapter 10- I Promise
Chapter 11- Our Interests
Chapter 12- Betrayal
Chapter 13- Seeing Red
Chapter 14- Flames
Chapter 15- Hero Train
Chapter 16- The Beginning Journey
Chapter 17- Home Sweet Home
Chapter 18- I'm There
Chapter 19- Fear of the Unknown
Chapter 20- Domesticated
Chapter 21- Be Mine
Chapter 22- The Fourth
Chapter 23- Saving Strangers
Chapter 24- A Dream Realized
Chapter 25- Katsuki's Promise
Chapter 26- Answers
Chapter 28- Lost and Found
Chapter 29- Designing Heroism
Chapter 30- Rebirth
Chapter 31- Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 32- Finals
Chapter 33- Mother
Chapter 34- Summer
Chapter 35- Apology
Chapter 36- Camping
Chapter 37- Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 38- Cost of Survival
Chapter 39- Don't Come
Chapter 40- Futures
Chapter 41- Chi
Chapter 42- Ready, Set, Go
Chapter 43- All for One and One for All
Chapter 44- Protecting You
Chapter 45- Trying Again
Chapter 46- United
Chapter 47- Silent Pleas
Chapter 48- Rapunzel
Chapter 49- Family Dinner
Chapter 50- Burning Secrets
Chapter 51- Dorms
Chapter 52- Closed Doors
Chapter 53- Fighting Failure
Chapter 54- One in a Million
Chapter 55- Fuel to the Fire
Chapter 56- Reflection
Chapter 57- Phoenix
Chapter 58- Testing the Waters
Chapter 59- Blood Baths
Chapter 60- Blindsided
Chapter 61- The First Day
Chapter 62- Pandora's Box
Chapter 63- The Yin Within
Chapter 64- The Zombie Hero
Chapter 65- Kiss of Fate
Chapter 66- Ground Zero
Chapter 67- Breaking Down and Out
Chapter 68- Lights Out
Chapter 69- The Melodies of Life
Chapter 70- Swan Dive
Chapter 71- Finding Faith
Chapter 72- Lantern in the Dark
Chapter 73- Vacation Plans
Chapter 74- Plucking Daisies
Chapter 75- Eclipse
Chapter 76- Drunken Love
Chapter 77- One and Only
Chapter 78- All This Time
Chapter 79- Lemillion to One
Chapter 80- Hero for Hire
Chapter 81- Full Circle
Chapter 82- Villain Complex
Chapter 83- Flying High
Chapter 84- Follow Me
Chapter 85- Touching the Heavens
Chapter 86- Venom Vixen
Chapter 87- Fighting You
Chapter 88- Bloody Truths
Chapter 89- Just Be You
Chapter 90- Holiday Spree
Chapter 91- Memories
Chapter 92- Coming Home
Chapter 93- Stage 5: Acceptance
Chapter 94- Ghost of the Mountain
Chapter 95- Happy Birthday
Chapter 96- Death Day

Chapter 27- Reassurance

67K 2.5K 6.4K
By vote4kiba

The finals were only two weeks away, and the classroom was in a panic in preparation for it.

You sat next to Katsuki and Kirishima at your desk, stressfully writing down the subjects you felt like you needed to study harder for. You weren't in a bad position in the class sitting at number 10, but you wanted to do better. When it came to the actual hero course work, you sat at the top of the class along with Katsuki and Todoroki. Coming in close were Deku, Iida, and Yaoyorozu. However, Yaoyorozu was clearly the biggest genius of the class. You were half tempted to ask her for help to study.

You gripped the bridge of your nose in stress, looking at every broad and micro subject you felt you weren't at your best with.

Katsuki was zoning out, feet on his desk with dark bags under his eyes. He's been exhausted lately in preparation for finals...his desire to be number one causing him to work out like crazy. Everyone was talking to each other about finals, studying and finding someone to help them. Ochaco looked nervous and tired about the upcoming exams, the Hagakure thing really taking a toll on her mental health. You were worried about your friend, but was unsure if it was your place to say anything since you were the one who put Hagakure away. You spoke to Midoriya about trying to cheer her up and the green-haired hero was nothing short of sweet about it. One day he took Ochaco for ice cream after class and she was so bubbly about it the next day.

The other worry in your mind was Shinso.

He wasn't going to enter the class until finals were over, immediately transferring to the class once the summer began. You worried about how your friends would take the news and even moreso how they would react to you if they didn't get along with Shinso.

Well...more like you were worried about Katsuki.

The blond was no stranger to reacting physically and lashing out in anger in stressful situations or even in normal ones. You wouldn't be able to do much if Shinso antagonized him and started a fight.

The ball of dull pain in your forehead grew a bit more at the thought.

You turned to Katsuki, who wasn't paying attention, and ran your fingers so delicately across his arm. He tensed up for a second before looking up at you, his usually animated eyes exhausted.

Your fingers danced further up his arm and shoulders until you reached his cheek, cupping the soft skin in your hand.

"We got this." You spoke softly more to convince yourself than anything. The light returned to Katsuki's scarlet eyes as a smile you weren't sure was soft or loving cracked through his rough exterior.

Todoroki glanced over from his spot in the back with a sour stomach, Katsuki lifting your hand to hold it with his.

Why does this...hurt?
Why do I care?

...why am I second place, just like my father?

~~

A spikey redhead walked with you and Katsuki during lunch, a yellow-haired thunder boy following close behind. It was a boring Monday with all of your classes consisting of reviewing material or last-minute subjects being taught. For some reason, Eraserhead has been kinder to you and possibly even more patient (if that was even possible). Perhaps he gave you some leeway considering the effort you had to put in with protecting the students this semester and all of the injuries you have sustained. Midnight, Ectoplasm, and Present Mic all gave you make-up assignments and study guides to help bring you up to task for all of the subjects on the cumulative final that you may have missed since before you joined UA. 

The headache from earlier multiplied by three. Luckily, Kirishima's voice broke through your stressed-out thoughts.

"Man I definitely need to study my Japanese History and math. I'm starting to fall behind and with everyone gun-ho about studying, I don't want Eraserhead on my case. Maybe I'll ask Yao Momo to help me study or something." Kirishima seemed just as stressed as you were. Katsuki looked to his friend with a tired expression that suddenly perked up.

"You idiot. I'll fucking tutor. You and my Extra. I know she's going to need fucking help too." Your eyebrows furrowed as your lips pouted at the biting comment.

"Hey! Are you calling me dumb?" You pouted to your angry hedgehog boyfriend. Kaminari came from behind you and placed an arm around your shoulder with a teasing smile towards you and Katsuki.

"Hey if he is, just know that I love dumb girls. Totally my type. So if Katsuki's annoying you then ya know who to go to." You knew Kaminari didn't think you were dumb but was trying to get Katsuki to admit he just wanted to spend time with you and Kirishima. A giggle slipped your lips as a growl left Katsuki's. Katsuki threw Kaminari's arm off of you and wrapped his own around your waist. He pulled you with him towards the lunch tables in annoyance.

"She's not fucking dumb you idiot. Like hell I'm gonna let some other fuckface have her but me." Kaminari and Kirishima followed close behind Katsuki and you, looking at each other with knowing smirks. 

"Oh don't be so jealous Bakugo. Treat her right and I won't swoop in for the kill hm?" Kaminari teased.

"Yeah bud, treating your girl right is the manliest thing you could do." Kirishima added. Katsuki's face was turning bright red, starting to get annoyed as he sat with you at a table with only Todoroki occupying it. You took your seat next to the half and half, him looking at you with a gentle smile.

"SHUT UP YOU'RE BOTH ANNOYING!" You ignored your boyfriend and his two friends as the three of them sat down teasing each other. You turned your attention to Todoroki instead.

"I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever Shoto. How are you?" The icyhot boy was thrown off by this question, ready to dig into his soba. You began to happily munch on your lunch, your eyes piercing into his heterochromatic ones. 

"I'm fine I guess. Busy with preparing for finals...I...have been thinking about visiting my mother this weekend. It's been a while and perhaps she can offer some encouragement." You were taken aback by this...not really aware of Todoroki's familiar relationships aside from a strained one with his father. Suddenly, you felt a heavyweight in your chest as you remembered you last few encounters with Endeavor.

How much do you know about quirk marriages? 

"Shoto...about your mother...you don't talk about her much-" Todoroki stopped you, holding a finger up as if to be quiet. Suddenly, a rough voice grasped your attention.

"Hey Icyhot. You better not be getting any ideas over there." Katsuki commented while narrowing his scarlet eyes. Katsuki was a wild child that was filled with raw and boisterous emotion at all times...but he was also more than that. He had a soft interior filled with tenacity, envy, and even insecurity.

You wondered what the stone exterior around Todoroki's heart was sheltering.

"I'm having a private conversation if you don't mind." Todoroki responded to Katsuki with disinterest. Katsuki was going to be riled up by the comment, but was calmed by a hand you placed on his knee. 

"Relax Kacchan. I'm allowed to have friends you know, and Todoroki is a great one to have. If you're going to try to control who I'm friends with, that's going to be a problem." You rubbed your thumb against his smooth school uniform slacks as you spoke calmly yet firmly to him. His friends and Todoroki were dumbfounded by how direct and at ease you were when speaking to him with a sense of power. Katsuki himself wasn't ready for that response either, but he remembered you were the same girl that punched him in the arm when he gripped yours too tightly. It wasn't his desire to make it seem like he was controlling you or to act that way, but he knew you had a track record of hating people telling you what to do.

That was why you became a mercenary in the first place, right?

"Sorry." He muttered low enough that only you could hear. You felt a little guilty as if you overreacted, but the curling of his fingers around yours showed that he held no real malice about what you said. You were his first girlfriend, and so it was a learning experience for him to know how to really treat someone he cares about better than the others in his life.

No one said anything regarding the matter at all, pressing forward with the topics they were talking about as if nothing even happened. You turned back to Todoroki, hand still entwined with Katsuki as a constant reminder that you were his and he was yours. Shoto was eating in silence, a bundle of emotions in his gut that were unsure of which direction to take in his conversation with you. He didn't know what to feel...or how to feel. He was confused with this mixed pleasure and anxiety in your presence. The person who would know this most would be-

"(Y/n)...would you like to come with me to see my mother on Sunday?" You froze in shock over the bold offer, but curiosity gnawed at you. Shoto Todoroki came from a powerful family line where his father was always in the news. However, little to nothing was ever heard about his mother who shared a powerful ice quirk with Shoto.

Perhaps meeting her would give you an idea as to why Endeavor's question to you in the hospital was so...unnerving.

"I would love to, Shoto."

~~

You and Katsuki walked to his home in silence, his eye bags slowly becoming more evident despite the rested look upon his face. Despite the silence, he wasn't distant. His hands were tightly bound with yours and the warmth of his arm could be felt next to yours. It was the point in Spring now where it was cold in the morning, but blazing hot in the afternoon, leaving the two of you walking without the jackets to your uniform.

As you arrived to the Bakugo home, you noticed both Mitsuki and Masaru's cars were missing from the driveway. You broke the longstanding silence between the two of you.

"Are your parents not at home?" Katsuki took a skull and crossbones lanyard with a few keys jingling on it from his pocket and proceeded to unlock the front door. He opened it for you, allowing you to walk into the air-conditioned home first. You put your shoes away, with a sigh taking off your socks to air out your feet which felt overheated for some reason. Katsuki started to do the same before answering your question.

"The hag decided to visit her friend from college for the week. She lives in Korea now. Dad is at a business trip in Okinawa for their yearly retreat. So yeah, we have the house to ourselves until Sunday." His tone was off...and it grated at you. He stood up to go into his room to change into regular clothes, your eyebrows furrowing at the sight of his muscular back. He was sweating a bit through the white dress shirt and you were sure that you were as well. 

You slowly followed Katsuki upstairs, the two of you diverging in silence as you went into your room and he into his. You craved his attention and affection, just to know in your heart that nothing was wrong. I hate this quiet. What is bothering him? Did I say something wrong? Was I too aggressive at lunch?

A chill went down your spine in a jittery moment as anxiety pooled in your chest.

What if I was too strong? What if I was too mean? Was I wrong to speak up? What if he is mad at me? What if he wants me to leave? What if he-

You had your shirt unbuttoned and off, your bra and school skirt the only things protecting your modesty as Katsuki opened your door without warning. 

"Hey give me your shit so I can wash it-..." Katsuki abruptly stopped speaking when he noticed you were in nothing but a bra and short schoolgirl skirt. His face was a shade of tomato you didn't think was possible but you were sure your face looked the same as your eyes diverted to his bare abs and loosely hanging sweatpants. You wanted to cover yourself up, but the idea of taking this moment to force Katsuki to give you the affection you were craving was too good to pass up. 

You slowly undid the button on the hip of your skirt, then the hidden inseam zipper underneath. Your eyes never left him, the trails of his crimson eyes following your deft fingers' every move. No different than a hunter observing his prey, Katsuki watched as your skirt dropped to the floor, your irresistible frame captivating him with your every move. The silence between you two was no longer insufferable, it was a prelude to the version of Katsuki you loved best.

The cocky asshole that knew how to get exactly what he wanted.

Your underwear complimented your figure as well as your smooth skin, only riling up the explosive boy even more. You turned away from him, bending over to pick up your button-up shirt and school skirt. Katsuki's breath hitched in his throat as he watched the fabric rise up your backside, emphasizing the roundness of your curves. He stared at you with intense longing as you started to cross the room towards him to hand him the clothes, stopping not too far away.

With no one home to stop you, without any barriers or remembrances of self-perceived morality, what lengths will Katsuki's built-up tension bring?

The two of you were no further than an arms-length apart, neither moving nor speaking as an allusion to the stubbornness you both had. You wanted to have control, but Katsuki regularly made the first move. You constantly worried about Katsuki and your friends, but Katsuki thought of you even more. He wanted to protect you, to guide you, to be there as not only a lover but a companion that no other could compare to. He viewed the chase for your love as no different than his ambition to be the number one hero, thinking that you only deserved the best. So when someone like Todoroki, or Kaminari, or even that damn Deku start moving in to be your best friend or companion, Katsuki felt the burn of failure that seemed to hurt worse than anything else.

He wanted to know you loved him...that he was not just someone you liked being around. He wanted to know you needed him.

The same anxieties, the same worries that plagued your mind has been occupying his own. Just as the heat that spread across your body at the sight of him raged within his body. The tension between you two could have been cut with a knife, and all that was needed was a step forward.

All you both needed was reassurance.

"Fuck the laundry." Katsuki growled as he dropped the clothes in his hand, grasped yours, and threw it on the floor. 

"Fuck me instead." You spoke boldly, unsure if those words were even your own. Katsuki's lips pulled up into their signature spikey and lust-filled grin.

"You fucking tease." His hands roughly grasped the back of your head and pulled it towards his lips. You kissed each other hungrily as your hands wandered his exposed abs and muscles, his free hand roaming your bare back. He pulled you into his bedroom, you enjoying his aggressive behavior and the dominating appeal of his actions. You felt that you couldn't press against him enough for your taste, wanting to be so close to him that it burned.

His hands wandered lower than before, toying with the sides of your panties. His hands were shaking, and you couldn't tell if it was from nervousness or excitement...or maybe even both. The feeling of his warm hands against your smooth skin was foreign, but it felt so...good. He only was caressing your lower hips, and yet you couldn't hold back a soft moan against his lips. 

The scent of caramel, the quiet hum of kisses and panting breaths, and the growing heat of two young lovers enveloped the room completely. He pushed you down on his best, straddling himself over you with both of you still clad in underwear and Katsuki in his pants. You weren't sure if you wanted this to go any further, but you knew that you wouldn't have chosen to do anything with anyone else but Katsuki. He burrowed his way into your heart and lucky for you, he never gives up without a fight.

"I see the way that fucking Icyhot looks at you. He doesn't want to be friends. He's going to take every fucking opportunity he gets to win you over. And Kaminari doesn't even give two shits if you're with me. I'm not trying to control your fucking choices, I'm trying to stop some other fuckheads from trying to take a swing at you. I want to know you're mine damn it!" Katsuki angrily let out his frustrations as he released it along with his sexual tension. He was ready to tear off the remainder of your clothes and his, to finally mark his territory in a way no one else ever could. 

But he knew that wouldn't be doing it the right way. 

He knew you deserved better than to be reduced down to anything less than a woman that deserved the world.

You cupped Katsuki's face gently, forcing him to look you in the eyes. His voice cracked in the last sentence, his necessity for reassurance driving him wild. It would sound so off with anyone else, but you understood Katsuki. You knew that he was good at heart but just learning how to be a good person along the way.

"Katsuki...I am yours. I chose you. I wanted you. I always have chosen you and I always will." Your voice spoke softly and in a tone that seemed to relax his unease. His face and body took over your entire vision, him holding himself over you. He was so beautiful with the way the golden hue of the bedroom light reflected the glistening ruby fascets in his eyes, and the way the shadows emphasized the perfectly round and enhanced muscles on his body.

"How are you so sure? How do I know that even no matter even fucking Endeavor himself asked you to marry his son, you won't just leave...?" Without missing a beat, with a smile that rivaled the stars that lit the galaxy in the darkest of nights, you wrapped your arms around the back of Katsuki's neck.

"Because I'm in love with you." You spoke with sincerity in a soft voice. The words came out so naturally with no second thought behind them. Katsuki was caught in a trance by you, enamored by your very presence in his life. He slowly leaned himself down unto you, kissing you slowly yet passionately on the lips.

"I love you so much (Y/n)...thank you." He whispered into your lips.

You swore you felt the drip of a single water droplet fall onto your cheek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 50 24
This is a reader x Todoroki ff Your name is Hitori Niko(You may change it to your own) ------------------------------ "Niko, please return to me.."Hi...
44K 917 18
❝ꜱᴀʏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴜꜱᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴋɪᴅ!❞ ❝ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ...❞ You are 𝐘/𝐧 𝐋/𝐧. She is a quiet girl who was homeschooled, abused, and i...
377K 10.5K 32
[discontinued] I hope you'll find a way to choose between the affections of your new (or familiar) classmates! What if they don't all get along with...
24.3K 996 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...