Addiction | Jimin ✓

By azurenights

[ FEATURED ON WATTPAD APP PREVIEW ] "You kissed me like an alcoholic taking their last drink." When you are a... More

Foreword
Copyrights
A/N
Cast
About Addiction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Seven
Final : Epilogue
Final Note + Answers

Chapter Thirty Six

23.4K 1.3K 1.1K
By azurenights

Welcome to second to last chapter of ADDICTION. Brace yourself guys. Just a heads up. This chapter is going to be heavy. And looooooong.

*

"To be trusted is greater compliment than being loved."

● ● ●

36.
A FAVOUR & A SURPRISE

"What sort of favour?"

As much as I knew Jinyoung, I didn't know what to expect. And what favour could he ask from me? It was all too confusing.

"Uh, can you meet me at the café? I'll tell you over a cup of coffee?" He asked, his voice hopeful.

"I can't meet you publicly. I don't want any rumours about me again. And knowing you, I wouldn't be surprised if you want me to suffer 'cause of them," I said bluntly, and then felt guilt course through me as I registered my unfiltered words.

"Ouch. I'm hurt. Do you really think that low of me?"

"Do you really think that I'll think highly of you after all the things you've done?" I asked, rolling my eyes, even though he couldn't see me.

"Okay, okay. You're right. And I want to apologise for all I've done. So how about a proper apology over coffee?"

I contemplated what to do. I could either stay here and be bored to death while Jimin was out enjoying breakfast with Hye Ji, or I could go for a coffee with Jinyoung.

After a moment of contemplation, I said, "Okay."

"Look if you don't want to coㅡ Okay? As in you'll come?" He asked, his voice showing disbelief.

Chuckling, I turned off the television and stood up from the couch. "Yes. So, where should I meet you?"

After Jinyoung told me about this new and less known cafe, I changed into fresh clothes and left the house. Jimin had left a car at home. But I hailed a cab to drop me off at the cafe, to avoid any sort of rumour.

Paparazzi knew which car belonged to Jimin and I had to stay low-key while going to public places. I was just an ordinary girl, but my relationship with Jimin had thrown me into the world of media, paparazzi, and vicious rumours. But my love for Jimin was stronger than any difficulty thrown my way due to this relationship.

As I paid the fare and stepped out of the taxi, I noticed the cafe. It was a very dainty and minimalistic place, tucked away in the corner of the street. Jinyoung was right. This place wasn't well known so there were lesser chances of any person finding me here or recognising me.

I hope no one recognised me. I was wearing Jimin's hoodie and the hood was casting a shadow on my face, which was in my favour.

I scanned the place and noticed Jinyoung from where I was standing. He looked up from his phone and a smile lit up on his face.

"Eun Hee." He stood up as I reached the table.

"Hey."

Sitting opposite to him, I raised my eyebrows. "So what did you want to talk about?" I asked, folding my arms on the table.

He chuckled. "Straight to the point, I see. But how about we order something before diving into the detail? I'm so hungry."

I nodded, leaning back onto the chair.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked.

"I'll just have coffee. Thank you."

He nodded and went towards the counter to place our order. When he returned and sat across from me, I asked him a question that had been in my mind since he called.

"Did you really flirt with that old woman? I mean, I knew you were weird, but this is too weird and disgusting, even for you."

"Why? Are you jealous?" He asked, leaning forward, a shit-eating grin on his face.

My face contorted in disgust. "Why would I be jealous? I have a boyfriend that I love so much. Please get over yourself."

He let out a laugh, shaking his head. "I'm kidding, Eun Hee. And to answer your question, I lied. I didn't flirt with that woman."

My eyes narrowed in suspicion. "Then how did you get my number?"

"I had to work at the admissions office because that lady was ill. And well, instead of detention, professor Kang made me work at the office. Something about filling the form or something."

"And instead of working, you meddled with the students information."

"Yes."

"And you're not feeling guilty or something? Not even a little bit?" I asked.

This boy had some nerve to go as far as digging up the students info for my number. It was wicked of me to hope that he should've got caught while meddling with personal information.

"Nope."

"That's what I expected," I said, rolling my eyes.

We were quiet after that. Jinyoung went to pick up our order. As he was coming back to where our table was a cup of coffee slipped from his hand and fell on my hoodie. I yelped as the hot liquid touched my hand.

Jinyoung's eyes widened and he immediately put the other cup on table, and grabbed his handkerchief from his pocket and started dabbing it on my arm where some of hot coffee fell.

"I'm so sorry. Oh God. It slipped out of my hand."

He was frantic, his face showing guilt. I hissed at my skin burning. I swatted his hand away, taking the handkerchief from him. "It's okay. I'll...just wash it. Be right back."

I stood up from the seat, and giving Jinyoung a tight lipped smile to which he replied with a guilty one of his own, I headed to the restrooms to wash my arm.

"I shouldn't have come here," I muttered to myself.

After washing my hands, I dried them with a paper towel, and grabbed my phone to check if Jimin called.

Except for a message from Seo Woo that read wanna go out with Sana and me for a movie night?, there was no message. I felt dejected but I reasoned that Jimin must be busy meeting with his father.

I hurriedly sent a reply to Seo Woo saying I won't be able to join them because I had to go out with Jimin tonight.

I felt bad for ignoring my friends. But I promised myself that I'll go out with them next weekend.

I exited the washroom and walked back to opt be table.

"You okay? Is your hand burning?" Jinyoung asked, his voice laced with concern.

"No. It's fine. But... I'm sorry. Can you tell me what did you want to talk about because I have to go somewhere," I asked.

"Oh. Yes. Um... Remember the assignment that professor Kang gave us last on Friday?"

I nodded. "What about it?"

A sheepish smile made its way to his face. He scratched the nape of his neck, avoiding eye contact. My eyes narrowed at his behaviour.

"I sort of told him that we're study partners, and that we'll work on it together."

My jaw fell open. "How could you do that? We are not study partners."

"I know. I know. I'm so sorry. It just slipped out of my mouth and I couldn't take it back," he tried to explain, frantic.

I face palmed myself.  "You are an idiot."

"I'm sorry."

I sighed. "What do you want me to do regarding that? I've done my assignment. And I'm so not letting you copy my hardwork. Besides, why should I? You've been annoying me ever since I can remember. How do I know that this is not some sort of prank you're pulling?" I asked, leaning back in my chair and crossing my arms over my chest.

"This is not a prank. I swear I'm so screwed if I don't get it done."

"This is ridiculous."

"Yes, but help a friend out, please," he said.

"Friend? Where?"

"Help a guy out, please," he corrected his mistake, and then added, "Please. I'll stop annoying you."

I weighed the advantages and disadvantages of this deal, and decided that sharing my assignment was worth it if it meant Jinyoung will stop annoying me.

"Promise?" I asked.

"Yes. I promise. I won't annoy you ever again."

I nodded slowly. "Okay. Text me your email address and I'll send you the assignment."

"Thank you," he breathed, a content smile on his face.

"This is the first and last time I'm doing this. Don't ever annoy me again. Got it? Or I won't stop Sana from breaking your nose this time."

"Yes, okay."

As soon as I was back home, I noticed that Jimin still wasn't back and it was 4 pm already. I decided that I should take a bath again, so I'm fresh when we go out.

After a refreshing bath, as I got out, I heard my phone vibrate on the dressing table. I unlocked my phone to see a text from Jimin.

Jimin: I have a surprise for you. Get ready. I'll be back home in an hour.

A smile lit up my face in anticipation.

I'm so ready to see what the surprise is.

*

Looking at myself in the mirror, for the first time I thought that I did a good job, considering it was always Sana who helped me get ready for dates. But today she was going out with Seo Woo and I didn't really want to disturb them. As much as I knew, Sana still had a crush on him and now was the time for her to spend with him, without me being the third wheel.

Letting out a breath in content, I put on my silver stilettos and I was ready to go. But the problem was that Jimin still wasn't home.

As if he read my thought somehow, the bell rang.

I let out a squeal in excitement and ran ㅡ tried toㅡ to open the door. Standing there in all his golden glory was Park Jimin, looking as dashing as ever, if not more and the white suit he was wearing made him look ten times hotter than he was. And the best thing was that his outfit complimented mine perfectly.

I stood there gawking at his, but his amused chuckle brought me back to my wits which seemed to have left me as soon as I saw him. My face burned a scarlet shade of embarrassment.

"Done checking me out?" His voice was smug accompanied by a complacent smirk on his face.

I returned him one of my own. "I mean why wouldn't I check out my boyfriend."

He shook his head, a smile on his face. And then, he stepped forward, nearing my lips. A peck. And he leaned back.

I groaned in frustration. "That's not fair."

"What's not fair?" He asked, acting clueless.

"You've been gone all day and I missed you. But this is what I get? Just a peck?"

I pouted.

He put his warm hand on my cheek, caressing it ever so gently. "Patience, babe. Patience. Everything good for those who wait."

Saying that, he went into kitchen to drink a glass of water.

"You sound like an old man who gives wise pieces of advice to people," I muttered, picking up my clutch.

He let out a throaty laugh, the sound bringing a smile to my face. He walked towards me, intertwined his fingers with mine, kissing my hand softly. "Let's go."

"You're so cheesy."

I tried to play it cool on the outside, but on the inside my heart was hammering in excitement.

You're so whipped for this man.

"But you love it," Jimin said, leaving my hand and opening the car door for me.

"Yes, I do. And thank you."

"Why, you're welcome, my beautiful girlfriend," he said, sliding into the driver's seat.

I smiled at his sweet words.

We reached the place Jimin was talking about in about half an hour due to traffic. I stepped out of the car and looked up in awe at such a massive dome-shaped building in front of us.

"This place is so beautiful," I whispered, still amazed by the beauty in front of me.

Jimin's warm hand on my waist snapped me out of my tranced state.

"Let's go inside."

I nodded, walking along Jimin, his hand on the small of my back.

The interior of the place was as extravagant as was its exterior. Places like this showed just how rich and fancy Jimin was, with a very rich taste in every single thing. From his choices of home decor to his classy wardrobe, he screamed lavish and luxury.

Sometimes, all of this seemed like a dream. It felt like I'd wake up one day and none of this would be here. Jimin wouldn't know who I am. But I'd probably be very much in love with him as I am now. Shoving such thoughts to the back of my mind, I refocused on present.

We were seated in the middle of the hall from where we could see the stag  properly. This was my first time coming to listen to orchestral music and I was beyond excited for it. My heart was giddy and nerves skittish. And my first time here was more special because I was here with the man I loved.

This was heaven.

I was noticing my surroundings when I felt Jimin taking my hand in his, intertwining our finger. I turned to look at him and smiled at him when I saw him looking at our intertwined hands. I couldn't help but let the love flow into my veins like it was my blood. Jimin's thumb tranced gently on the back of my hand. I squeezed his hand lightly.

He looked up at me, a loving smile on his face. "You are a blessing, you know that."

My eyes widened upon hearing his words and how vulnerable and sincere he sounded. If what I felt was love for him before, it was something far more greater than love I felt for him at that moment. It was love and affection and a soulful connection in its true form.

I could feel my eyes burning with the tears that wanted to break free of the barrier. But I held them in and shook my head.

"It's you who is a blessing. Not me. And I am so lucky to have you." My voice was nothing more than a gentle whisper, almost inaudible, but the smile that lit up on his face was a proof that he heard me.

Before he could say anything, the musicians arrived at the stage and our attention diverted towards them. But our hands were still intertwined and now rested on the armrest between our seats.

The music they played was nothing short of a trance. As soon as they started playing the instruments, I could feel the goosebumps on my arms. It was...

"Brilliant!" I said, still under the spell of music.

Jimin nodded, opening the door of car for me.

The whole show had just ended. It seemed like time flew when we were having fun. I could listen to such a beautiful music all night long, but unfortunately that wasn't possible, much to my disappointment.

"Where are we going now?" I asked, buckling my seat belt.

After buckling his own seat belt, Jimin revved the car out of the parking lot.

"For dinner. Are you hungry? Or do you want to go somewhere else?" He asked, glancing at me for a second and then, his attention was back on the road.

"No. Dinner is fine. I'm hungry."

Within twenty minutes, we arrived at an equally extravagant restaurant. All of this was daunting, but I didn't mind it as long as Jimin was with me.

We chose to have a rooftop dinner. The night breeze was cold and raised goosebumps on my skin.

"Are you cold?" Jimin asked.

"A bit. But that's okay. I'll -"

Before I could finish my sentence, Jimin stood up from his seat and removed his coat, placing it on my shoulders. I was immediately surrounded by Jimin's warmth and the scent of his cologne that seemed to be different than he usually used. But I wasn't complaining. It smelled just as good, if not enticing.

I took in a deep breath.

Jimin sat across from me, leaving back on the chair and a bit to his right, resting his elbow on the armrest. He had rolled up the sleeves of his white shirt up to his elbow. And he looked hot.

"What are you looking at?" He asked.

"You."

He raised an eyebrow. "That was very...blunt. But damn, you're hot when you are this straightforward."

"Well, you're hotter."

At this, he let out a laugh and so did I. Despite it being the truth, we still found it funny how we were being so blunt, and we weren't even drunk.

Our laughter died down to gentle smiles on our face. We were both looking into each other's eyes, like we were having some sort of staring contest.

Jimin's eyes held a certain sort of sadness and vulnerability like they did in orchestra house. Maybe there was something that was bothering him or something he wanted to tell me but didn't know how to do it. Whatever it was, I intended to ask him about it.

Tightening his coat around myself, I leaned a bit forward.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him slowly.

He blinked. "Yes. Everything's...fine."

Now, I was sure something was wrong. But if Jimin wanted to tell me, he'd do it himself. I didn't want to force him to open up. But I was willing to listen whenever he wanted to talk about it.

I nodded after a moment, choose not to prod. "Okay."

Our food came and we dug in, savouring the delicious taste of steak. After we were done with food, Jimin ordered dessert. We were not in the mood for wine, so we opted for something sweet.

While we were eating the lava cake, Jimin called my name. I looked up.

"I want to tell you something."

My brows knitted, but I nodded nonetheless. "Okay. I'm listening."

I stopped eating and placed the spoon on the plate.

"You must be wondering why my-" he started, hesitantly, doubt swimming in the darkness of his eyes. 

His phone rang, stopping him from completing his sentence. He looked down at his phone that was placed on the table, and then, said, "Just a minute."

He swiped his thumb across the screen, answering the call.

"Hello.... No. I'm out.... What? Is it important?... Sure, I'll look into it. Send me the email."

Jimin cut off the call, giving me a small smile to which I returned with a tight lipped smile.

"It's an important email. Just a minute."

"Yeah. Go ahead. It's alright. I'll just...finish this cake," I said, picking up the spoon.

I wanted this time to be only ours and not some business stuff intruding our date. And I wanted to know whatever Jimin was going to tell me.

Jimin was busy looking at his phone, while I looked at how concentrated he was on his work, and that was a very hot thing, even though I was irritated at the intrusion.

He suddenly look up, a furious expression on his face, his jaw clenched, a fiery glare in his eyes.

"Eun Hee..."

I don't have a good feeling about this.

"Yes?"

"Stand up. We're going to my house."

My forehead creased, confusion swirling in my mind.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Let's go, Eun Hee. Don't make me forcefully pick you up."

"Why are you talking to me like that?" I asked.

Instead of answering me, he took my wrist in his hand and forcefully made me stand up.

"What the hell, Jimin. What's wrong with you?" I let out angrily.

He stayed quiet and started walking down the stairs with his hand tightly wound around my wrist which had started to hurt. He opened the passenger door and said, "Sit." More like ordered.

I winced upon noticing how red my wrist looked. I wanted to say no and ask him what is his problem. But noticing how furious he seemed, I didn't say anything and obliged.

He slammed the door shut and I closed my eyes because his sudden change in behaviour had started to give me a headache. He drove the car out of the parking lot and down the road.

I noticed how his jaw was clenched, his grip on the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles had turned white.

"Jimin..." I started.

"Shut up."

I winced at his loud voice and so shocked to hear those words. Never had Jimin ever said that to me before. His words hurt me, like shards of glasses piercing my skin. I bit my lip to keep myself from tearing up.

I knew crying didn't mean I was weak. But I didn't want to cry. I wanted to know what was wrong.

The half hour ride back to our home ㅡ his house seemed to stretch so long, the silence was defeating and my hammering heart due to anxiety wasn't helping me much.

Please don't have a panic attack. Please don't have a panic attack. Please don't have a panic attack.

I chanted in my mind, breathing deeply to calm myself. However, it was doing nothing to stop the trepidation spreading in my mind. My hands trembled in my lap.

Jimin slammed the brakes outside his house. I thought he'd get out but he didn't.

"Jimin.."

"Get out."

"What?"

"I said get out of the car," he said, his voice low in anger.

I unbuckled the seat belt and stepped out of the car. He did the same. But instead of looking at me, he went straight inside the apartment.

I had to know what was wrong. What made him so furious? Questions filled my mind as I followed him into the house. He was standing there in the middle of the hall. Upon hearing the sound of my heels hitting the linoleum floor, he looked up.

"Why?" He asked, his voice.

I was fiddling with my hands to stop them from trembling.

"Why what?" I asked.

"Why did you do this? Were you taking advantage of me? Were you using me?" He shouted.

I grimaced at the loudness of his voice, a shiver running down my body in fear. "Jimin, you're scaring me. What did I do?" I asked, my voice shaky.

He let out a sardonic laugh. "When will you stop playing these games?" He said in contempt, looking at me in disgust.

"What games? I don't understand what you're saying."

"How long have you been fucking him behind my back?" He spat.

My brows knitted in confusion. "What the fuck are you talking about, Jimin?"

His words were like a slap to my face. I had no idea what he was talking about but his words still cut sharp like a knife.

Instead of saying anything, he was in front of me in quick strides. He showed me his phone.

My eyes fell upon a picture of a man bending down to ㅡit seemed likeㅡ kiss a woman that was wearing a very familiar hoodie.

Jimin's hoodie.

My eyes widened as the realisation set in. I shook my head.

"It's not what it seems like."

He shook his head, his eyes red with anger. "Yeah? I think it seems exactly like what it really is. How long has this been going on?"

"No, Jiminㅡ"

"Is that the reason why you didn't want me to pick you up from university? I am so fucking ashamed of you."

At his words, tears started streaming down my face.

Jimin, the man I loved with all my heart was blaming me for something that was not true. I felt disgusted and angered by how easily he doubted me. It seemed like he never trusted me.

"That's not true. There is nothing between me and him," I said though the tears.

"Yeah? Then what the fuck is it?" He roared, his hands balled into fists.

He ran hands through his hair in agitation and anger.

"I should've listened to my mother. You all are the same. You all want money and fame."

I shook my head.

"You know that's not true," I said, wiping my tears with tembling hands.

My head throbbed due to anger.

"You know what? It's my mistake to trust you."

"That is not true. Fucking listen to me." It was my turn to shout.

Jimin had no right to keep blaming me for something as disgusting as cheating when I never did that in first place.

"That is my classmate, Jinyoung. He wanted assignment and that's why he had asked to meet me at the cafe. He spilled his coffee on my arm, he was wiping it with a handkerchief."

He looked at me like I was the most worthless person ever and I could feel the pain in my chest increasing by second.

"So you've thought of an excuse too?" He spat.

"That's not an excuse," I whispered, fresh tears streaming down my face. "I'm telling the truth."

"I can clearly see what's happening, Eun Hee. Your excuse is just proving what a liar you are. I can't believe I trusted a liar like you."

"Shut up, Jimin. Shut the fuck up."

He took my wrists into both of his hands in a tight grip, pulling me close to him harshly.

"Let me go. It's hurting me." I tried to break free but to no avail.

His eyes were glossy and red. "You've hurt me more."

I shook my head, sniffling. "I swear I'm not lying."

"Don't swear if you're lying," he whispered harshly.

"I swear to our love. I'm not lying."

He was quiet then, simply looking at me with glazed over eyes, vulnerability, hurt, love in his eyes.

My breathing was shallow, my hands shaking badly, my head throbbing. A panic attack was coming up.

"I am not lying. I would never lie to you. I would never cheat on you," I said, sobs wracking through my body. "I would never swear on our love if I was lying. I love yo..."

My vision turned blank and I fell into Jimin's arms, embracing the darkness that surrounded me.

I love you.

● ● ●

NOTE: oops. I won't say much. Will let you guys scream at me. :)

What are your thoughts about it?

Stay warm and hydrated. Don't forget it spread love and kindness.  Thank you so much for being amazing and precious blackroses. I love you all so much.

Love, Rose.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 7K 65
📖 ❝What, baby? Am I making you nervous? ❞ He already knew the answer to that. ❝Just wait until I bend you over on that desk and have my way with you...
464K 26.8K 78
[WATTPAD PREVIEW FEATURED] 😳🙏✨💃 "She's mine, and I'll fight the whole world to keep her. The sins of the past may block our emotions, but I refus...
741K 37.8K 23
In which Jimin is addicted to smoking and agrees to give up on one condition... That his childhood best friend and ultimate crush Y/N will give him a...
14.4K 1.7K 18
"Your kissable lips taste more than strawberries, your divine scent is addictive the most..and thinking about you make me feel that you are all mine"...