Tell Me The Truth ~ Peter x H...

By erensdaddyissues

Harley Keener takes an internship position at Stark Tower. He meets a boy named Peter Parker. What happens ne... More

✱introduction✱
✱disclaimer✱
Welcome to New York
Internship Day 1
What's Your Secret?
Conversations Between Two Lovers of Fika
An Expression Made of Steel
A Deep Breath and A Genuine Laugh
Cities of the Cemeteries
Promise?
Go Kick Some Ass
Who's Harley?
Wakanda
Ever Heard of Spider-Man?
Peter & Tony's Plan
Peter's Breaking Point
Trials and Tribulations
Being A Superhero Can Be Electrifying
The Coming Out Chronicles of Peter Parker
The Three Words
Virginity Rocks
Harley's Dilemma
Peter's Surprise
Electro
Identity Reveal
Harley vs. Harley
Nick Fury
Peter Breaks The Rules Part 1,001
A Close Call
Okay, Okay, Okay
Two Reasons For Being Terrified
The Return
The Epitome of Apocalypse
Harley's Heroism
The Final Fight
A New Beginning
A Big Decision and A Big Mistake
A Beautiful Feeling of Sadness

The Perks of Being an Intern

11.7K 365 1K
By erensdaddyissues

*PETER'S POV*

Ever since I found out Harley's gay, my heart has been thumping against my chest every time I see him walking down the hall. He winks at me sometimes, and I usually do finger guns back.

The bisexual trademark.

We've spent the past few days getting to know each other. Our rooftop escapades take place every night now. We just talk and talk until we realize that it's nighttime already.

I like talking to Harley. He makes me feel all warm inside, and my heart skips a beat every time he looks me directly in the eyes. His eyes are so beautiful. They're blue, the hue of the ocean.

He has ocean eyes.

I feel like I can tell him anything, and he'll never judge me for it. I hope he feels the same way.

He knows basically everything about me now. He knows about my parents, he knows about Uncle Ben, he knows about all my friends (and enemies) at school, he knows all about my Aunt May, he knows I'm a science geek and how I always make straight A's.

But he doesn't know one certain thing.

Not yet.

He doesn't know I'm Spider-Man.

*HARLEY'S POV*

"Felicity!" I yelled and threw a wad of paper at her as she turned her head to look at me.

"Hey!" She laughed and swatted the air in front of air. "That was not nice."

"I'm not a nice person," I shrugged.

"Oh come on," Eric came up behind me and leaned against my chair. "You're one of the nicest people I know."

"Whatever," I waved it off and took a sip of my coffee.

"It's true," Felicity said and stood to join the rest of us. Her curly red hair was tightened into a low ponytail, hanging loosely against the back of her striped white and yellow shirt. "You literally wrote an essay on bioengineering for me the other day."

"Because you were busy," I said and threw my hands up. "I wanted to help out."

"That's exactly what makes you a good person." Dimples formed on her freckled cheeks as she laughed.

I chuckled and nonchalantly checked the time on my phone.

5:37 p.m.

"Oh shit," I stood up and grabbed my brown messenger bag that I take to work every day, "I've gotta go."

"Where?" Eric asked and crossed his arms. "You got a date?"

I thought for a minute. "Kind of."

"Oooh, really?" Felicity raised her eyebrows. "She's a lucky lady."

My face burned. "Yep. D-Definitely lucky." I stuttered.

Nope. I haven't told them, if that answers your question.

I ran out of the room and jammed the elevator button for the roof. I'm already late.

I stepped into the elevator, took a sigh of relief as the doors closed, and watched the pavement on the street get smaller and smaller as I climbed upward.

When the elevator opened, I walked through the double doors leading to the rooftop and saw Peter, sitting where we usually sit together.

He heard me coming and turned. I sat down next to him, my coffee warm between my hands, and he smiled.

"Sorry I'm late," I said with a "forgive me?" frown.

"It's okay," he laughed. "You're only 10 minutes late."

"That seems like a lot," I admitted and he waved it off.

"Why are you always drinking coffee?" He laughed and nodded his head towards my paper coffee cup wedged between my hands.

"I don't know. It's good," I responded with a light chuckle. "Perks of being an intern is you get as much coffee as you could ever dream of."

"That sounds nice," he lowered his head. I could tell something was on his mind.

"So, um... there's something I wanted to tell you." He looked at me with pleading eyes, waiting for the right response.

"Uh... okay, shoot."

"So, we've gotten to know each other really well since we met. We hit it off immediately. And I've told you everything about my life, you've told me everything about your's." He paused. "Your mom's name is Caroline, you have a little sister named Riley. You live in wooden cabin in a small town called Rose Hill, Tennessee and you have a golden retriever named Bandit. Your dad left when you were just a little kid and your mom raised you. She works as a kindergarten teacher at Rose Hill Elementary School and you go to Rose Hill High School..."

"Peter," I smiled and put my hand on his face. "I know you know everything about me. Now stop stalling. What do you need to tell me?"

He hesitated. "I... I, um..." He lowered his head.

His face twisted with different emotions as he struggled to say what he needed to say.

"Hey," I turned his chin to where he was looking at me and I stared right into his light chocolate eyes. "It's okay."

He nodded. "I just wanted to tell you... I'm Sp-"

Suddenly, the doors burst open and Felicity came running to me. "Harley," Felicity said, out of breath. "The printer's acting up again."

I went completely straight faced. "Are you serious?"

"Yes. I checked the ink cartridges and the paper supply and they're both intact. It's something wrong with the inner diagnostics."

She glanced at Peter, then back at me. "Who's this?"

"Peter Parker," I nodded towards him with my head. "This is Felicity, Flic for short. Felicity, Peter Parker." They nodded at each other.

"I thought you said you were going on a date."

I facepalmed and Peter's face turned a deep shade of red. "This is my date, Flic."

Her eyes widened with realization and she stood straight up. "Oooooh..."

"Yeah," I looked around awkwardly.

"You're like that."

"Yep," I shrugged.

Peter was completely silent. It didn't even sound like he was breathing.

"Can gays fix printers?" She laughed, walking away. "Because I sure need this printer fixed and the straights can't seem to figure it out."

I chuckled and stood up to help Felicity. "Sorry, Peter. I've gotta go. Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, sure." He flashed a small smile and looked out towards the city.

I felt like I should stay but I need to help Felicity.

"Here," I reached for his phone. "Type in your passcode."

He hesitantly typed in his 6-digit password to his phone and gave it back to me.

I entered my phone number in his contacts, saved it as "That Annoying Intern" and handed it back to him.

"Text me tonight. Okay?"

"Okay," he nodded.

I gave him a final look and ran off towards Felicity, who was probably already in the elevator halfway down to floor 4.

*PETER'S POV*

Yes. I was going to tell Harley that I'm Spider-Man.

I was.

But then red-headed girl came up here and ruined it.

And I don't know when I'm going to get the courage to do that again.

But it's whatever. He'll most likely find out eventually.

I sighed and took the elevator to level 4. I left my backpack down there when I went to visit Harley earlier today.

I stepped onto the floor and walked to the interns' quarters. I think it's lying on his desk.

I turned the corner and saw Felicity and Harley banging on the printer through the big windows. I chuckled to myself and shook my head.

When I entered the room, they both looked up. "Oh heyyy," Felicity beamed. "We're getting there."

"Good," I smiled back. "I just came to grab my stuff and leave."

Suddenly, a male voice rang out. "Flic! Can you come here for a minute?"

"That's Eric," she put her hand on Harley's shoulder and my heart burned with jealousy.

She left the room, no doubt going to see what Eric wanted, and Harley glanced at me.

"There's no hope for this 2004 printer..." He sighed, smiled slyly, and walked over to me.

"You going home?"

"Yeah. I'm done here and May wants me home."

"Okay," he leaned against the wall and stared at me for a minute. "Have a good night."

"You too," I slung my backpack over one shoulder and started to walk off.

"Peter, wait!" I turned around and saw Harley running towards me. Before I could think, he planted his lips on mine.

Woah.

My heart started beating incredibly fast as I kissed him back. He put his hands on my hips and I wrapped my arms around his neck to bring him closer.

We pulled away after freezing for 3 seconds and I was breathing heavily.

"Text me." He winked and walked away, towards Felicity and Eric.

Woah.

-
-
-

{A/N heyyy guys! hope you enjoyed this chapter. THEY HAD THEIR FIRST KISS AHHHHH

don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!}

bye for now

•1,468 words•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.6K 1.2K 13
Every month in the Avengers tower, a certain agent hides away in her room. Nobody knows why she hides away, not even her closest friend. That is unti...
71.7K 3K 38
Eric Hastings was an aspiring journalist that would do anything for a good picture and a first-page deserving article. Peter Parker disguised as Spid...
43.8K 1.6K 20
~CONTAINS ENDGAME SPOILERS~ The school decides to do a play. Who knows what they were thinking? I mean, having a bunch of teens with hormones act in...
134K 3.5K 25
Tony hasn't seen Peter in a few months after Civil War. Peter wished Tony would've reached out sooner, but one night Peter doesn't know who else to c...