∞Moments Of Clarity∞ (Austin...

By Kira_Lancaster

Cara is just a normal girl going through her average life, school growing up & friends. Until her best fr... More

∞Moments Of Clarity∞
Chapter One: New Beginning
Chapter Two: Close For Comfort
Chapter Three: Morning High
Chapter Four: Awkward Silence
Chapter Five: Deadly Distraction
Chapter Six: A Whole World Ahead Of You
Chapter Seven: It was meant to be the night of my life
Chapter Eight : My World Spun Around Me
Chapter Nine: Sweet Surprise
Chapter Ten: Sometimes It Must Be Done
Chapter Eleven: Craving The Unexpected
Chapter Twelve: A Cold Breeze To Comfort
Chapter Thirteen: Caught In The Act
Chapter Fourteen: A little reassurance
Chapter Fifteen: Within a blink of an eye
Chapter Sixteen: Give Me Some Clarity I Need You
Chapter Seventeen: A World Wind Of Surprises
Chapter Eighteen: A Touch That Makes You Weak
Chapter Nineteen: Time Will Tell
Chapter Twenty: We Scream Out All Night Long
Chapter Twenty Two: Everything Is Not What It Seems
Chapter Twenty Three: Take My Breath Away
Chapter Twenty Four: Clarity
Chapter Twenty Five: Patience Is A Virtue
Chapter Twenty Six: It's About To Go Down
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Twenty One: A Wait That Lasted Forever

306 12 2
By Kira_Lancaster

I believe five days is as long as I can drag out my walk of shame. Five days since that night, five days since I have spoken to Danny.  I stood staring at our apartment door considering telling him the truth, as I was about to open the door it flew open by the person inside. “YOUR HOME!” Danny shouted lifting me up into a tight hug my body swinging off the ground.

“I missed you so much” he rushed kissing me quickly bringing my bag into the room. “I am curious as to what you’ve been up to and all the fun you guys had, but you’re looking really sexy and I haven’t seen my girl forever” he winked pulling himself onto me inspecting my outfit.

He began kissing my neck but I couldn’t just let myself go I had too much on my mind… too much guilt. Danny’s hand made its way slowly up my shirt and I felt as if I was about to explode. I can’t just blurt out ‘I cheated on you, and not just with anyone. But with my best friend’, I’m such a terrible person.

So I did what I had to do… I pushed my feelings aside as best as I could and did what most loving girlfriends do. Make their partners feel loved, as he carried me to our bedroom.

3 Months later

I guess the good news is I haven’t broken, Danny still doesn’t know and for hopefully forever he never will. It’s all in the past… right? What he doesn’t know won’t kill him; it’s if he finds out it will kill him or Austin.

I had pre planned when Danny was going to be out of the apartment so I’d have time to be alone. “Alright babe I’m leaving I’ll see you this afternoon” his voice echoed through the hallway. Once I heard the slamming of the door I ran to the kitchen counter grabbing my car keys and purse. I raced my way to the store picking up what essential’s I needed. Shoving them into the bag I made my way back to the car hoping I wouldn’t bump into anyone I knew.

I got back throwing my keys onto the table and making my way to the bathroom. I turned on the tap running a hot bath as a stared at my reflection in the mirror.  I looked so drained; dark bags hanging under my eyes a bath will do me good. Sighing to myself I reached to the pot, taking out a hairband tying my hair out of my face.

Emptying the bags contents leaving them spread out on the side I made my way to the tub to stop the running water when Danny barged in. “Ugh sorry I know I’m back early things didn’t end up as planned you running a –“ his words cut off when his eyes found the box placed in front of his eyes. “What is that?” he questioned his tone firm he knew exactly what it was.

“Well, I was going to tell you soon but I uhh… I’m late, and when I say late I mean really late” his worried eyes met mine. He opened the packet noticing I haven’t actually taken the test yet. “We can do it together if you want” his hands cupped my face the pad of his thumb gliding along my cheek. “Thanks but I think I should take it by myself” I spoke almost pleading with him.

He nodded making his way to the door. “Whatever it says we will get through it together as a couple. If it’s negative it’s no big deal we can try in the future if that’s what we want. But if it’s positive know that I love you and respect whatever decision you want to make, we will make it together. Knowing that you’re carrying my baby would bring me nothing but joy” he smiled closing the door behind him.

I pulled my pants down doing what I had to do not exactly the most lady like thing to do, especially as I knew Danny was more than likely standing right by the door. I placed the stick next to the sink setting the timer on the phone. This wait was unbearable every second seemed to drag on. Do I really want a baby I’m barely 20 am I ready yet?

The worst part is Danny is excited for this he wants it to be positive if only he knew.

I feel terrible at the fact it may not even be his there’s a slight possibility it may be Austin’s after all we didn’t sleep together that long ago. What am I going to do if I am pregnant I can’t tell Danny I cheated on him and I may be carrying someone else’s child? The timer went off on my phone my heart felt like it had stopped.

I walked over to the sink where the stick lay; my fingers took hold of it but my eyes not wanting to look. My breathing quickened this is ridicules woman up Cara it’s probably not even positive. You over thinking this too much just look at the dam test and let it be over with. A part of me didn’t want to look the thought of maybe if it was negative would I be sad about it.

I looked down at the thing that was about to define my entire future turning it over I saw…

Alex’s Pov

“Woah really, I’m so happy about this!” I shouted excited making Demi jump. I sat back next to her trying to contain myself but I just couldn’t stop smiling. “I know I super impatient kind of always have been but this is going to be so fun, me and you we can make a big vacation out of it too” I smirked pulling her into my arm making her blush”

“This is going to be the best thing we’ve done for sure and were planning ahead for once!” she giggled snuggling up to me as her eyes wandered off getting lost into the flames crackling in the fireplace. “Demi...” I spoke but instead my voice cracked making her laughing. Her big beautiful blue eyes looked up into mine, I could feel my hands getting sweaty and not because were by the fire.

Her elbow nudged into my side telling me she was getting impatient. “I uh... I love you Demi. I love us, and being around you I can’t but smile even the mention of your name makes me smile. You’ve got me trapped and I’m in love with you” before I could carry on her lips met mine, causing my panic to reduce. Her touch calms me, when everything is crazy and I can’t think straight there she is pulling me through it.

“I love you too” she giggled as our lips parted covering her face with the sleeve of her jumper. God this moment is perfect… she’s perfect. As my back fell back into the sofa she lent over grabbing my phone. “Alex… you’ve got 6 missed calls from Cara. You need to call her back it’s obviously important!” she demanding handing me the phone.

I taped Cara’s number as it rung waiting for her to answer when she barged through the door. “Woah that’s weird I was just calling you Cara” I chuckled when her face was lit up by the fire, she’d been crying and her bags were severe like she hadn’t slept in weeks.

“What’s wrong” Demi questioned her concerned walking over to her. “Your soaked and freezing, here come sit down I’ll go get you a hot drink and some spare clothes” after Cara had changed we sat her closest to the fire placing a blanket over her fragile figure.  Cara stared into space her eyes filled with tears, one escaped trickling down her rosy red cheek. Cara’s nostrils flared as she looked down at her lap embarrassed to show herself vulnerable.

“It’s okay you can talk to us” Demi smiled faintly rubbing her back in reassurance. Cara’s chest rose and fell rapidly tears rolling down her face uncontrollably. Seeing her this way breaks my heart, I’ve known and cared for her most of my life and now something has made her break down.

 “Take your time, whatever is wrong there’s no rush to tell us okay? Were here for you no matter what… always” my words had an effect on her as she breathed in deeply whipping her face with the sleeve of her sweatshirt.

My pov

How am I going to tell them this? The salty fluid dripped over my cracked small lips, soaking them. My vision blurred as I looked down once again tears spilling onto my stained sweatshirt. They looked at me confused but I can’t find the right words, the words so they don’t judge me. I sniffled in attempt to stop my nose running.

“I don’t know how to tell you guys, I didn’t know who else to go to…but I I I’m pregnant!” I managed to get at as shock took over their faces, when Demi’s broke into a smile. “Congratulations sissy” she buried her face in my shoulder squeezing me into a tight hug. “You don’t understand…” I pulled away from her hug. “I slept with Austin and since I’ve been home I have been with Danny. Which means I’m pregnant, and I have no idea who’s the father!” I cried out covering my face with me hands.

“Hey! No more tears, yes this is a tough situation but whatever you want to do we will support you! Don’t rush into things just yet; you’ve been given a gift whether you think about it that way or not!” Alex comforted me his hand rubbing my shoulder making me crack a smile. I looked down at my stomach placing my hand on my tummy. “Pregnant huh… I’m not sure if I want this though I’m so confused” I confessed.

“Your what?!” a voice came from behind me I turned to see Robert, his face was the exact reason I didn’t want anyone to know. He ran over making his own space beside me, as Alex told him everything. “I’m sorry Cara, this is tough but there’s not a lot we can say this has to be your choice!” he spoke softly his eyes locked on mine.

“Whatever you want to do we will be there for you, but not to sound like a complete arse but you need to talk to Austin” he was right Austin did deserve to know but I barely managed to tell Alex and Demi, how will I tell Austin. “He’s a good friend to you he’ll be understanding, just tell Austin be honest with him” Robert smiled sympathetically.

“Tell me what” Austin burst into the room a cheesy grin set on his plump lips. I jumped up throwing the blanket onto the floor trying to escape his eye contact. “Cara... What are you doing here? What is going on are you crying?” he walked over to me worry in his eyes, when I raised my hand for him to stop. “Actually she’s got something to tell you” Robert spoke up taking me by surprised.  

“What is it?” Austin looked over at me confused. I know I have to talk to him but not today, not now… I looked away in search for Demi, when our eyes met I pleaded with her to leave. She nodded grabbing her coat making her way to me.

“Cara you can’t run from this!” Robert shouted across the room. Ignoring his comment I bolted for the door. “Will someone please tell me what is going on!” Austin wined clenching his fist.  Robert turned and looked straight at me as he mouthed the words ‘he needs to know’

“Austin... Cara’s Pre

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 847 59
So, I guess I 'll start a simple story about a simple , unremarkable girl. While there, the girl can be seen from afar. She is like a ray of sunshine...
588K 17.1K 40
Rebbeca Gomez or Becky as some people call her, is your regular 22 year old girl WHO wants to buy her own house and create her own Family because she...
103K 658 25
Gracie Schmdt and Austin Mahone were best friends growing up. Practically joined at the hip. That was until him and his mom packed up and moved to Sa...
151K 2.8K 30
~COMPLETED. SEQUEL POSTED~~~~ (needs to be edited) Mackenzie felt worthless and a waste of life. Her "friends" hated her and her "boyfriend" was a...