Tell Me The Truth ~ Peter x H...

By erensdaddyissues

Harley Keener takes an internship position at Stark Tower. He meets a boy named Peter Parker. What happens ne... More

✱introduction✱
✱disclaimer✱
Welcome to New York
Internship Day 1
The Perks of Being an Intern
Conversations Between Two Lovers of Fika
An Expression Made of Steel
A Deep Breath and A Genuine Laugh
Cities of the Cemeteries
Promise?
Go Kick Some Ass
Who's Harley?
Wakanda
Ever Heard of Spider-Man?
Peter & Tony's Plan
Peter's Breaking Point
Trials and Tribulations
Being A Superhero Can Be Electrifying
The Coming Out Chronicles of Peter Parker
The Three Words
Virginity Rocks
Harley's Dilemma
Peter's Surprise
Electro
Identity Reveal
Harley vs. Harley
Nick Fury
Peter Breaks The Rules Part 1,001
A Close Call
Okay, Okay, Okay
Two Reasons For Being Terrified
The Return
The Epitome of Apocalypse
Harley's Heroism
The Final Fight
A New Beginning
A Big Decision and A Big Mistake
A Beautiful Feeling of Sadness

What's Your Secret?

12.5K 379 805
By erensdaddyissues

*HARLEY'S POV*

I run to my bathroom at my apartment that I'm renting out and get a quick shower.

I'm gonna be late... I think as I check my watch.

I brush through my hair quickly and throw on some random clothes lying on the floor, grab my badge and briefcase, and run out the door.

I overslept.

I call a taxi over and get in the backseat.

"Where to?" The driver is a fairly attractive Indian man with an accent.

"Stark Tower," I answer distractedly, stuffing papers into my briefcase.

He drives there, I hand him his money, and make my way into the tower.

7:59 a.m.

I made it with one whole minute to spare.

I run my fingers through my hair and adjust my clothing as I walk up to the elevators and scan my badge. I press the 4 button and the elevator takes me there. When I step out, I see none other than Tony Stark talking to Peter.

"Tony!" I run up to them and Tony whips his head towards me. "Oh my God... Harley!" He gives me a hug and looks me up and down. "Wow... you've grown so much."

I laugh awkwardly. "Well last time you saw me I was like... 11, I think."

"And how old are you now?" He asks.

"17."

"Damn. I'm getting old," he chuckles and pats me on the back. "It's good to see you again."

"It's great to see you again, too, sir." I smile proudly at him. He turns back to Peter. "You've met Peter, correct?"

"Yeah," I flash a smile at Peter and he blushes.

Aw. His face turned red when I smiled at him.

"I knew you two would hit if off," Tony looked at both of us and grinned. "Well, I've gotta get back to the top for some boring work. But if either of you need me for anything, just call."

"Absolutely," Peter said and I nodded.

"Alright," he clapped his hands together. "Bye for now boys."

"Bye!" We both waved at him as he left and then I turned to Peter.

"Why is he always talking to you?" I asked curiously. "Do you like... work especially for him?"

"You could say that," Peter did a little nod then looked down at the floor.

"What do you mean?"

He looked back up quickly, like he didn't think I would continue the conversation.

"I- I do work for him."

"What do you do?"

"I... um..."

I stare at him, waiting for an answer.

He's being really weird. Why won't he just tell me?

"Oops! I'm getting a phone call." Peter stammers and digs his phone out of his pocket. He puts it to his ear and starts to talk.

I see his phone light up with a notification while he's "talking." He sees it in his peripheral vision, lowers his phone, and smiles at me awkwardly.

"Woah... that was weeeird..." he fake laughs and lowers his head as he puts his phone away.

"You've got a secret, Parker," I get close to him and he looks at me. He tilts his head upward to meet my gaze. "And I'm going to figure it out." I wink at him.

He stares at me straight faced, his brown eyes twinkling in the hallway light.

*PETER'S POV*

"You've got a secret, Parker," Harley looks down at me with a cold stare and a smirk, "And I'm going to figure it out." I stand there for a minute, unsure of what to say.

He's suspicious of me.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I put my hands on my hips and announce confidently.

He nods with hesitation then shrugs. "Just come back here when you want to tell me the truth. Because you're definitely not an intern." He points finger guns and clicks his tongue at me as he walks away.

I scoff but I can't think of anything else to say. He leaves me standing in the hallway with a dumb expression on my face.

I decide to head back home so I can eat lunch with Aunt May. She told me she misses me and that I'm "growing up too fast" so I'm trying to spend more time with her. I go to the bathroom and change into my Spider-Man suit. I put my Midtown High sweatshirt and some joggers over it so I'm not as exposed then I walk out, stuffing my other clothes into my dark blue and black backpack that I carry everywhere.

I'm trying not to be seen by anyone, even though I have clothes on over my suit because my hands aren't covered by anything. I think it's safer to be sneaky, especially since I'm on the fourth floor, which is full of young interns who will go berserk if they see Spider-Man casually walking the halls.

I successfully make my way down to the lobby without anyone noticing anything and I walk out the front doors. I fling a web to the nearest building and swing all around New York City, the cold breeze rushing around me and cooling me off as I go faster and faster.

I spot my apartment building a few blocks away and I web two more buildings, swinging around them and landing on the roof of my building. I crawl down the building to my floor, count the windows until I find mine, and open it. I crawl inside and close it gently with my foot. Then, I land on the floor and take my mask off, taking a deep breath of relief.

"Peter? Is that you honey?" I hear May's voice from the kitchen.

"Yeah! I came home for lunch."

"Yay!" She dances her way into my room and did a little jig in front of my door as she stared at me. "Peter wants to spend time with me," she sang happily.

"May," I chuckled and held my hand up. "Stop. Please."

She scoffed and waved her hand playfully. "Come sit down and talk to me."

I walked to the dining room and sat down at the table. There was a bowl of soup waiting for me.

Aunt May stared at me as I ate my soup and I glanced up at her nervously. "What?" I chuckled.

"Have you met any cute boys or girls at the Tower yet?" She looked at me with her eyebrows raised and a devious smile plastered on her face. "I've been wanting to ask you but I haven't found a good time."

"Not really..." I laughed as my face turned red hot. "I mean... there's this one guy."

She gasped and hit the table excitedly. "YOU HAVE A CRUSH! I KNEW IT!"

"No, no, May-" I buried my face in my hands as she continued squealing and talking fast.

"I knew you had a crush! You've been acting all lovesick dreamy for the last few days." She bit her lip and looked up at me. "What's his name?"

"Harley Keener."

"What does he look like?"

"He's tall. A few inches taller than me. He has blonde hair and very blue eyes. He's an intern."

I moved my spoon around in my soup absentmindedly as I waited for her response.

"He sounds cute." She half-whispered, half-yelled.

"He is." I smiled thinking about him.

"You need to ask him out." She suggested with a shrug.

"May! I don't even know if he's... into guys. Plus I barely know him in general. I've only talked to him a few times..."

"Well get to know him better, then," she took her bowl to the sink and spoke as she washed it out, "find out if he's into guys. If he is, ask him out. OR," she turned to me suddenly, an idea very obviously popping into her head, "act coy and wait until he asks you out."

I laughed and thought about it. "We'll see..."

"Well you better keep me updated." She winked. "I'd like to meet him if it gets serious."

"Of course," I grabbed my backpack and headed towards my room. "I'm going to go."

"Where?" She called.

"I don't know. Out!"

"Be careful! And be home before 11:00."

"I will!"

"You better be!"

I snickered and pulled my mask down, then jumped out of the window and swung away from the building.

*HARLEY'S POV*

"Hey Felicity," I raised my hand up to get her attention, "I'm going to head out. All my work is done."

"Okay," she nodded. "See you tomorrow, Harls."

I shot her some finger guns and walked out of the room backwards. I went down to the lobby and exited the building.

I was trying to catch a cab when I noticed light flooding from the very top of the building.

Weird.

I went back inside and took the elevator to the very top. I know I'm not supposed to be above floor 6, but hey. I've already broken the rules and I'm a very curious person. As long as I don't get caught, I'll be okay.

I opened the doors leading to the rooftop. The sun was setting, so the sky was painted with colors of bright orange, yellow, blue, and light purple. I stared at my surroundings, in awe of the beauty of the darkening sky with all the city lights and skyscrapers tangled in with it. Then I snapped back to reality and looked straight ahead of me.

There were firefly lights set up all around the perimeter of the roof. They were turned on, emitting a dim glow. I see someone sitting near the ledge of the building and walk towards them. As I get closer, I realize it's Peter.

I sit down next to him cross-legged. "Hey," I smile widely.

"Oh, hey," he scoots over so I have more room. "I didn't see you at first."

"I don't blame you," I chuckle. "This is beautiful."

"I come here sometimes," he twiddles with the strings of his hoodie. "When I just need to relax or feel calm again."

"You should start inviting me," I suggest and he smiles. "Maybe I will."

"So, Peter Parker," I begin, "tell me more about yourself. If I'm going to be interning here all summer, and you're going to be... doing whatever you're doing," I laugh, "then I want to know more about you."

He shrugs. "What do you want to know?"

"Where you're from, about your family, friends, love life, school... everything."

"Okay," he giggles. "Um... I'm from Queens. Born and raised. I live with my Aunt May. My parents died in a plane crash when I was 8."

Oh damn... starting off tragically...

"I'm so sorry," I put my hand on his shoulder and he faces me. "It's okay. I barely remember them."

I frown. He continues, "But I love my Aunt May more than anyone in the whole world. She's someone I can talk to. Uh..." he pauses to think. "I go to Midtown High School of Science and Technology-"

"Damn," I smirk. "Smart people school, eh?"

"I guess you could call it that," he shrugs and flashes a small smile. "I like it there okay. My best friends are Ned and M.J. They're great. As for my love life..." he grits his teeth. "Not so great. Nothing to even talk about, really."

"Single?"

"Yeah... I've only had one girlfriend and it... ended badly." He lowers his head.

Girlfriend.

Damn it. He's straight.

"I really want to get out there again, though. Meet new people," he looks at me. "Even though I'm bi, dating is still so hard."

BI?

FUCK YES.

"Oh, yeah. Dating is hard in general." I laugh, trying to stay casual and not get overly excited. "I'm gay so I understand the struggle."

I see his eyes light up and he smiles. "Yeah. The struggle is real," he jokes.

*PETER'S POV*

He's gay!

-
-
-

{A/N hey guys! hope you enjoyed the chapter, again sorry for taking so long on it. me and my co-author are finishing a book on my other account so we've been pretty busy with that. anyway don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me so you never miss an update. *I literally sound like a YouTuber right now, I'm so sorry*}

bye for now

•2,052 words•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 25 1
Peter Parker lost his smile after the leader of the Avanger, Tony Stark, was very disappointed in the young boy. And everything Peter wanted was his...
Forever By Ava

Fanfiction

1.4K 62 14
Peter had never been in a relationship before. It was a new feeling, it was perfect. Until it wasn't. Not that it mattered though, he thought it was...
223K 6.5K 30
Peter Parker has stumbled into something he really shouldn't have. It was Ned's fault, well that was wrong it was actually Jameson's fault for only g...
56.6K 2.5K 40
Book one (complete) After the horrible events of the Infinity War things seemed to go back to normal. Things settled down again. Well, as settled dow...