The Arrangement | ✔️

By Phunmito

Kayla Andrews was living a simple life even as the daughter of one of the richest men in the society, she sti... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Author's Note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
NOT AN UPDATE!!!
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
THANK YOU!!
Bonus Chapter 1
BOOK COVERS
WINNER!!

Chapter 41

127K 5.4K 1.1K
By Phunmito

Just in case you missed it, 

Kindly go back and read the previous chapter titled, 'NOT AN UPDATE'

It's very important for the continuation of this book.

If you ignore me and read anyway, its your loss🤷

Plus, I'm watching you 😈😈

Thank you.

Now enjoy!

“Who the hell are you?!” He barked again and this time around I actually shook with fear.

I opened my mouth to speak but then I heard another voice.

“I’m James Meyers. A friend of Kayla.” He said with the same smug smile he gave my brother.

I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding.

He hadn’t acknowledged my presence but at least he didn’t say he forgot me.

Jason glared at James for a while until Mirabel finally snapped him out of it meanwhile James was sporting an amused smile and was also standing extra close.

I had a feeling he was intentionally trying to piss Jason off and I would have laughed at the situation but I was still nervous.

“I’m glad you finally took the well needed shower which actually came in handy. Imagine he woke up and met the smelly version of yourself.” Mirabel said now standing right in front of me.

“Considering the fact that you chased me out, I didn’t really have a choice did I?” I said shaking my head.

“Don’t blame me. I didn’t want you contaminating my remaining patients.” She said with a small laugh and walked away before I could reply.

“We’ll just leave you guys alone now.” I heard Olivia say which caused all of them to walk out.

“I’ll be right outside if you need me.” James said from beside me and squeezed my shoulder which caused me to give him a grateful smile as he walked out.

I stood awkwardly at the door for long time, just looking at anywhere but him.

“Excuse me weird lady but do I know you?” I heard him say and my eyes widened as I snapped it towards his direction.

“Excuse me?”

“No, excuse me. I asked if I know you because you’ve been standing there for a really long time and you haven’t said a word.”

“I’m—” I started but he was quick to interrupt me.

“You do look like someone I know but she’s usually not quiet and weird like you are.”

“I’m not weird.” I snapped back.

“Ahhh! There’s the Hazel I know.” He said with the cute dimpled smile I had come to love, “come here.” He said with a demanding voice and I would have spoken back at him for being so rude but my legs had a mind of their own as they moved slowly towards him.

“If I could walk right now, I’d come there and drag you here. You’re being too slow Hazel, just come here already.” He said in a deep husky voice that made me turn to a darker shade of red.

I moved towards his bed and placed my hands in his outstretched hand which caused him to drag me down as I fell on him with a loud yelp.

“Jason!” I protested as I tried to pull back.

“Just be like this for a minute please.” He said with a pleading tone which caused me to settle comfortably beside him.

As comfortable as I could considering he had a broken arm and a bruised rib.

“I missed you so much.” He breathed into my hair.

“Isn’t that what I should say considering the fact that you’ve been in a coma for two weeks and I’ve been the one waiting for you to wake up.” I said with a small smile.

“I know but I’ve still missed you.”

“I wanted to be by your side when you woke up. I’m sorry I wasn’t here.” I said with a sad pout.

“Mira told me she chased you home to have a proper bath since you were contaminating the while hospital with your smell.”

“I wasn’t smelling!” I protested as I hit his chest which caused him a let out a low groan.

“Jesus Christ Hazel! I’m injured here.” He said which caused my eyes to widen in fear.

“I’m so sorry I did that.  Are you okay?” I asked with concerned eyes while looking at his body.

I frowned at the bandage that was still on his head and body and the cast around his left hand.

He seemed to notice this immediately as he used his finger to raise my chin so I was looking at him.

“I’m fine Hazel, I promise. I’m just glad you still care.”

“Of course I care. If I didn’t I won’t be here.”

“I know. Look Hazel, I’m sorry about—”

“Can we not talk about that right now? I’m just glad you came back to me.” I said snuggling into his chest.

“I never left. I promised remember?” He said and I replied with a small “hmm” and before long, I fell asleep with the rhythmic beat of his heart and his hand stroking my hair.

************************************

I woke up to a slight tap on my head.

“Hazel, can you get up for a minute?” His deep voice interrupted my peaceful sleep.

“Hmm–why?” I whined as I snuggled closer to his chest which caused him to laugh.

“Because I need to get my vitals checked so Mira will be convinced I’m not dying.” He said in an amused tone.

My eyes widened at the use of the word ‘dying’ and I immediately hit his chest.

“Don’t joke with that word.” I said with a deep frown.

“Again Hazel, I’m hurt.” He said with a groan which caused me to frown.

“I’m sorry.” I said when an idea popped into my head.

“If I kiss you, will you feel better?” I asked with a mischievous smile and his eyes lighted up like that of a child that was given candy on Christmas.

“Definitely.” He replied excitedly and I couldn’t help but smile at his excited face.

I really missed him.

The clearing of throat caused me to snap my head to the side to see a nurse standing awkwardly beside us and I turned red at the realization that she had witnessed everything.

“Hazel, this is Rose and she’s here to check my vitals.” He said laughing softly at my embarrassed state.

“Of course. Sorry for the delay.” I said getting up when I felt his hand drag me back and I turned to give him a questioning look.

“Where’s my kiss?” He asked with a childish pout.

I moved like I was going to kiss his lips then moved to place a kiss on his cheeks which caused him to frown.

“That’s all you get for now Mister.” I said with a giggle and rushed down before he could hold me again.

“I’ll get you back.” He groaned and I just brought out my tongue at him.

The nurse quickly got to work as she did whatever she was doing until she started talking to him.

They suddenly started laughing at whatever until I was convinced she was being too touchy for my liking.

I didn't want to seem like the crazy jealous wife so I kept quiet.

When she was done, she packed up and turned to leave when Jason gave her a broad smile.

“Thanks Rose.”

“Anytime Mr. Anderson.”

“It’s Jason.” He said with a small smile.

I thought he reserved the laughter and smiles for me alone.

I know I was sounding like a spoilt brat but Jason never smiled at any girl when I was around so don’t blame me for being that way.

“See you tomorrow Jason.” She said and turned to walk out.

I quickly turned my head towards the direction of the window as if something was fascinating when they was really nothing out there.

“Unless I did something extremely wrong in the space if ten minutes, I don’t see why you’re mad.” He said gently from beside me.

“I’m not mad.” I muttered without looking at him.

“Yes you are. You’re not even looking at me. What’s wrong Hazel?” He asked with a concerned look.

“Nothing.”

“Hazel—”

“Can’t you get a male nurse?” I blurted out.

His face change from confusion to humor before he finally laughed.

“You’re jealous.” He accused.

“No I’m not.”

“Yes you are. You’re jealous of Rose.”

“I just don’t like her touching you.” I said with a frown.

"Well if I get a male nurse then he won't stop looking at you then I'd have to kill him." He said with a shrug.

"But I don't like other people touching you."

"Other women you mean?" He asked with an amused smile.

"Whatever." I said rolling my eyes at him.

“Would you be my nurse instead?” He asked with an amused smile which caused me to scowl at him.

“That’s not possible. I know nothing about all of that.”

“Exactly. Come here.” He pleaded and I got up to sit beside him.

“I think—no, I know you’re the most beautiful woman in the whole world and that’s not going to change, not now or ever.” He said with a genuine smile.

“But you were smiling and laughing with her. I thought that was for me alone.” I said with a childish pout.

I couldn’t understand why I was being so clingy.

“Would you rather want me to be mean to her.”

“No but—”

“I love you Hazel.” He said and I was quick to shut up.

“Great. Now I know how to shut you up.” He said with an amused smile.

“I can just say it back you know?” I said with raised eyebrow.

“Yeah yeah whatever.” He said brushing me off and he suddenly became serious.

I knew what was coming next.

“We need to talk.” He said and I let out a tired sigh.

“Yeah we do.”

“About Brittany—”

“Can we just start all over again. I just want to forget about everything.” I said with a frown.

“As much as I want that too, I know you’ll never fully forgive me for what happened. Part of you will always resent me and the other part might never trust me again.”

“Jason—” I started but I realized he was right.

A part of me would always question Jason’s ways forever especially if he was around around Brittany or any other lady for that matter, just like what just happened with the nurse.

“That’s why I decided to figure things out by myself.”

“What do you mean?” I asked with a confused look.

“Somehow with what she said that day, I knew something wasn’t adding up. I was drunk but I wasn’t too drunk to know I was sleeping with her so I decided to find out myself.”

“And what did you discover?” I asked with a breath that I didn’t know I was holding as I silently prayed that what I was thinking was true.

“I didn’t sleep with her.” He said with a serious expression and I gave him a questioning look.

“The owner of the club owed me a favor so I asked to see the tapes of the rooms used that night. I was in the room with her but I never slept with her. She did take off my clothes and she took pictures that made it look like we had sex which she showed me but we didn’t. I passed out before anything could happen.” He finished.

“What about the kiss that happened?” I asked with a frown.

“That was definitely unplanned. She kissed me out of nowhere and before I could push her away, you saw us.” He said and I searched his eyes to come up with sincerity.

“Trust me Hazel, I would never hurt you on purpose.”

“I trust you.” I told him with a smile.

“So you didn’t sleep with her?” I asked again for confirmation.

“I didn’t. I didn’t cheat on you and I never will.” He said and raised my hands up to his lips to kiss it and I broke out into a broad smile.

The first I’d had in almost a month.

Then I remembered something.

“Brandon told me that the day the accident happened, you left the office angry and refused to let anyone drive you. What happened?”

He quickly frowned.

“Who was that guy with you earlier?”

“Who? James?” I asked with a confused stare and he just nodded.

“He’s my new friend. He owns the hotel I stayed in at Hawaii and several others.” I said and his eyes suddenly widened in realization.

“Meyers. I knew I recognized him from somewhere.” He muttered.

“You know him?” I asked with hopeful eyes.

“Yes and I don’t like him.” He said and my smile immediately dropped and I rolled my eyes at him.

“Do you even know him?” I asked with a tired sigh.

“I don’t want to considering he’s partially the reason I’m here in the first place.” He said with a careless shrug.

“What do you mean?”

“The day of the accident. I got some pictures of the two of you from an unknown number. You were on the beach, laughing, eating and holding hands. I got mad and burst out of the office—”

“With the mind of going where?” I asked with an amused smile.

“I don’t know! I was coming to see you guys and punch the hell out of him or something.” He said angrily which just caused me to laugh.

“I was so angry and all I could see was red. I mean I was hurt that you left me but seeing you with another guy just made me snap.”

“Jason I didn’t leave you.” I said turning to face him properly.

“Fine I left but I just needed to get myself together. I was hurt, scared, frustrated and I just needed space to think. Even if I tried to leave you, I couldn’t because I missed you like crazy.” I said with a small smile.

“And nothing happened between James and I, I swear. He just decided to be friendly because I’d been there for a week without doing anything and if it’s any consolation, I told him I’m married.” I said with a nervous smile.

“I know Hazel. I trust you and I wouldn’t blame you if you did anything because at that moment I thought I cheated on you but I wasn’t mad at you, I was mad at that bastard for even looking at what’s mine.” He said with a scowl and I just rolled my eyes at him.

“But James is my friend.” I said with a pout.

“And you’re my wife. You’re mine.” He said and pulled me down so our lips met.

I let out a contented sigh as he bit my lower lip slightly which caused me to smile against his lips. He asked for entrance but I decided to tease him and deny him until he used his good hand to go under my hoodie and tease the skin just below my navel.

I let out a loud gasp at the contact which caused him to let his tongue into my mouth to meet my tongue as they fought for dominance but as usual, he won.

He deepened the kiss and I moved to straddle him when I felt him let out a low groan which caused my eyes to snap open and I was brought out of my daze.

I quickly pulled away and he gave me a deep frown.

“I don’t want to hurt you.” I said frowning slightly.

“I’m fine.”

“I’ll leave that for the doctors to confirm. For now this will have to do.” I said and placed a light kiss on his lips before getting off.

“You’re no fun.” He said with a pout.

“I love you blue-eyes.” I said with a huge smile.

He raised his eyebrow at me at the name but was quick to return my smile.

“I love you more my sweet Hazel.”

I know I said I'm team James but I'm back on team Jason 😂😂

Gahd!! They're just so cute together and I'm just so single 😂💔💔

I need me a boyfriend like Jason.

Periodt!😂😂

I was going to add some stuffs but I figured ending the chapter the way I did was extra cute.

Plus, I needed this chapter to just be about the both of them.

You'll all agree their moment was due after all these while😩😩❤❤

Plus some people were about to kill me if I didn't let them have kids now😂😂 but I'll give you a hint.

This book is far from over.

Buckle up people! We're in for an exciting ride😁

*drops mic*😁

Thanks for reading and don't forget to click on the little star at the bottom of your screen and leave your comments(as positive as possible please)but constructive criticism is allowed.💋💋💋💋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

614K 23.7K 35
Getting married to the person you loathe is the worst nightmare ever. But for Leona Wilbrose, this nightmare came true when she was forced into a mar...
1.2M 41.3K 52
Ranked #1 in adventureedition Ranked #27 in justwriteit *** His hands moved up my thighs seductively. "You're mine......" his voice was nothing but...
77.1K 7.8K 25
She was so naïve to fall for him the billionaire son of Malik Empire just so he can completely ruin and destroy her to the point of no return. People...
474K 17.5K 28
Arranged marriage? In this day and age? Seriously? That's the proposition Elizabeth Westville, a young beautiful heiress, has to face in order to bri...