Protecting You (Katsuki Bakug...

By vote4kiba

*Currently Editing* Ranked #2 in Fanfics out of 1 Million KATSUKI BAKUGO x READER "I may not be a hero yet, b... More

Content Warnings - Please Read
Chapter 1- Welcome to UA
Chapter 2- Becoming Friends
Chapter 3- Investigations
Chapter 4- Quirk
Chapter 5- I Am Here
Chapter 6- Everything
Chapter 7- Angel
Chapter 8- To Save You
Chapter 9- Competitors
Chapter 10- I Promise
Chapter 11- Our Interests
Chapter 12- Betrayal
Chapter 13- Seeing Red
Chapter 14- Flames
Chapter 15- Hero Train
Chapter 16- The Beginning Journey
Chapter 17- Home Sweet Home
Chapter 18- I'm There
Chapter 19- Fear of the Unknown
Chapter 20- Domesticated
Chapter 21- Be Mine
Chapter 22- The Fourth
Chapter 23- Saving Strangers
Chapter 24- A Dream Realized
Chapter 25- Katsuki's Promise
Chapter 27- Reassurance
Chapter 28- Lost and Found
Chapter 29- Designing Heroism
Chapter 30- Rebirth
Chapter 31- Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 32- Finals
Chapter 33- Mother
Chapter 34- Summer
Chapter 35- Apology
Chapter 36- Camping
Chapter 37- Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 38- Cost of Survival
Chapter 39- Don't Come
Chapter 40- Futures
Chapter 41- Chi
Chapter 42- Ready, Set, Go
Chapter 43- All for One and One for All
Chapter 44- Protecting You
Chapter 45- Trying Again
Chapter 46- United
Chapter 47- Silent Pleas
Chapter 48- Rapunzel
Chapter 49- Family Dinner
Chapter 50- Burning Secrets
Chapter 51- Dorms
Chapter 52- Closed Doors
Chapter 53- Fighting Failure
Chapter 54- One in a Million
Chapter 55- Fuel to the Fire
Chapter 56- Reflection
Chapter 57- Phoenix
Chapter 58- Testing the Waters
Chapter 59- Blood Baths
Chapter 60- Blindsided
Chapter 61- The First Day
Chapter 62- Pandora's Box
Chapter 63- The Yin Within
Chapter 64- The Zombie Hero
Chapter 65- Kiss of Fate
Chapter 66- Ground Zero
Chapter 67- Breaking Down and Out
Chapter 68- Lights Out
Chapter 69- The Melodies of Life
Chapter 70- Swan Dive
Chapter 71- Finding Faith
Chapter 72- Lantern in the Dark
Chapter 73- Vacation Plans
Chapter 74- Plucking Daisies
Chapter 75- Eclipse
Chapter 76- Drunken Love
Chapter 77- One and Only
Chapter 78- All This Time
Chapter 79- Lemillion to One
Chapter 80- Hero for Hire
Chapter 81- Full Circle
Chapter 82- Villain Complex
Chapter 83- Flying High
Chapter 84- Follow Me
Chapter 85- Touching the Heavens
Chapter 86- Venom Vixen
Chapter 87- Fighting You
Chapter 88- Bloody Truths
Chapter 89- Just Be You
Chapter 90- Holiday Spree
Chapter 91- Memories
Chapter 92- Coming Home
Chapter 93- Stage 5: Acceptance
Chapter 94- Ghost of the Mountain
Chapter 95- Happy Birthday
Chapter 96- Death Day

Chapter 26- Answers

65.1K 2.5K 4.8K
By vote4kiba

Shinso had no idea whether to trust you or not, and the eerie streets you two were walking together down weren't helping your case. To keep him feeling safe, he decided to spark up a conversation.

"So...are you going to tell me anything? Like what we are doing, where we are going, why you chose me...?" You looked over at the tired purple-haired boy. He lazily wore a loose black tank top, not form-fitting like Katsuki wears them. His cement gray sweat pants only emphasized his low-key appearance more. You observed the lavender haired boy and the way he presented himself. For someone that had a lot of shit to say to you at the sports festival, he was pretty shy right now. You noticed a slight shiver going through his body, the boy running out the door with you only to stop for his shoes.

"Are you cold?" You asked him.

"A little, but I'd prefer if you answered my questions." You walked closer to Shinso so your body heat would keep him warmer than he was.

"W-what are you doing?" He asked you, surprised.

"Well I'm trying to keep you warm, I don't know if I can take us both where we need to go with my teleportation since it's far...so it might be a bit of a walk." Shinso's face went bright red, turning away from you.

Why was that...so cute? He thought.

"You had questions and you deserve some answers." You told the boy, causing his attention to immediately focus entirely on you.

"I have been working with the pro-heroes to discover who has been feeding info about UA to the League of Villains."

"The group that attacked 1-A? Is that why you were transferred?" You nodded your head.

"Yeah, and now I've captured the perpetrator who has apparently refused to do more than reply with insults during interrogation."

"Which is why you came to me for help." Shinso figured out. He felt the warmth of your body simply through the arm that touched him, subconsciously leaning in towards you further.

"Exactly. I thought of you all week when I was in the hospital because you seemed to be the only solution to this issue. The reward for helping us with this case is to be promoted into the vacant spot in 1A."

"Vacant spot? So the person was a member of the class?" He asked, shocked. His purple eyes widened at you as he looked down at the frame smaller than his.

"Yeah, Toru Hagakure. You might know her better as the invisible girl." Shinso was thoughtful for a moment. It had to be a tough feeling to have one of your own betray you

"I see. All I have to do is get her to talk, and I'll get to move up. Not the type of promotion I was hoping for but I'll take what I can get. I'm sure your little boyfriend wouldn't be pleased to have me around." You immediately moved a little away from Shinso, your face burning red.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" A bright toothy grin that reminded you of Eraserhead's curled within his smile.

"So you're not denying it? He finally took the step forward huh? Tell me, did he tell you 'I love you' yet?"

Your heart froze in your chest. To hear Katsuki...to hear him say those words...

You felt like steam was going to burst from your ears.

"N-no! And why are you so focused on our relationship!? It's weird." Shinso chuckled, his expression lighthearted in nature. Why did this guy always seem to get under your skin?

"Well, we are talking about Katsuki Bakugo after all. You'd have to be amazing to get a brute like him to fall in love you. Not to mention Shoto Todoroki too." You stopped mid-stride, your eyes wide as you slowly turned to Shinso.

"What?" Shinso placed a hand on your shoulder, pulling you closer again so he could steal the heat from your body. All of a sudden, you felt almost trapped. His eyes were filled with confidence... as if what he was about to say was a proven fact.

"It was obvious at the Sports Festival that he was starting to feel for you too. Why else did he react the way he did when he hurt you? And rumor has it that even the pro-hero Endeavor has been bragging about his son's classmate one day perhaps becoming a Todoroki of her own." You felt like the wind was knocked out of your body. You remembered back to the way Shoto looked at you when you arrived to save your friends from Stain, the agony written on his features when you were burned by him at the Sports Festival, and even the way his hand was gently placed over yours in the hospital...

"I'm glad you're here."

"Oh..." You didn't know what to feel, you had this desire to play dumb so your life wouldn't become as complicated. Maybe if you pretended not to notice, everything would be fine?

"Shinso...how do you know all this stuff about us?" The two of you continued walking in the direction of the station.

"Well...my quirk relies on instigating my prey. The more I know about someone, the stronger I become. Information is the greatest tool I have and so I perfected the art of gathering it." You were thoughtful. If Shinso was able to utilize his quirk and skillset of information gathering, he could be a powerful companion of yours as you help to dismantle the League of Villains. Shinso and the way his mind worked would be a necessity among mercenaries who used information as their livelihood.  With Shinso as your ally, you had a solid chance of hitting the League where it truly hurts.

"Shinso...I'd like for us to work together. I think we could make a good team." Shinso's hand stayed on the shoulder furthest away from him, keeping you tight to him.

"Is this your way of flirting with me? Cause it seems like Bakugo and Todoroki are competitors I don't want to mess with."

"NO YOU IDIOT. I just want your help!"

"So you don't like me?" 

"NO."

"Are you sure?"

"Shinso I'm going to beat the shit out of you."

"That wasn't an answer~."

"Why? Do you want me to like you?" You asked, almost irritated.

"I never said that, but I wouldn't say no either."

"Not interested ya fuckin troll doll." Shinso was quiet for half a second before bursting into laughter. You didn't pin this guy as someone with a teasing or fun personality, but he actually had an enjoyable presence to be around. He never gave off this vibe and his personality was totally different at the Sports Festival, but perhaps he felt better around you now that you promised to get him into 1-A. The fact he trusted you right off the bat, however, was both a positive and a negative trait. If you were a villain and he trusted you that quickly...he could get himself into trouble.

"So you really are Bakugo's girl." You gave a small hidden smile.

"And he's all mine."

"Oh shut up with the sweet-talking already and tell him you love him you idiot."

~~

You and Shinso arrived at the police station only a few minutes before one in the morning. You walked through to be greeted by Tsukauchi asleep on the black couch in the relatively bland waiting room. The only things in the room were a counter with an officer behind it, a door leading further into the facility, two black leather couches, a small wooden coffee table, and a house plant in the corner of the room. 

"Ohhhh mister detective...wakey wakey~." You politely called out for him. The man in his thirties woke up groggily.

"Err...erhm...(y/n)...? I...thought you were coming later...?" You felt a little bad for Tsukauchi for being so exhausted, but you talked about your plans in the hospital and he agreed this was the best way.

"It's almost one, that's when I said I'd meet ya here. Sorry for waking you up, you can go back to sleep once I have the supplies I need and I'm in the right room." Tsukauchi was sitting up fully, his eyes holding heavy bags under them.

"I guess you're right. And no don't worry about that. I'm up now. Is this the friend you said you were bringing along?" The brunet looked at Shinso with a pleasant look on his face, the latter looking bored.

"Yes, this is my friend Shinso. He has a powerful quirk that's very useful for interrogation." Tsukauchi turned to your purple-haired friend.

"I'm Detective Tsukauchi, a pleasure to meet you. Have you ever done an interrogation before?" The detective reached his hand out for Shinso to shake, the quiet boy returning the favor.

"Can't say I have. But usually I just need to piss people off and they answer whatever I want them to." Tsukauchi sweatdropped, scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

"Well (y/n)...you have this covered?" You nodded your head. 

"Yeah just take me to the interrogation room and I need a notebook and pen."

"That I can do, right this way."

~~

Shinso was uncomfortable standing in front of a handcuffed invisible girl in a floating bright orange prison uniform, her body draped in dye so she couldn't just run away without being noticed. You, on the other hand, sat in the chair across from Toru without a care in the world. You wrote down some notes over things you wanted to ask. Only a wooden table separated the villain from you and Shinso. You decided to start the conversation first.

"So Toru...tell me about the League of Villains." Toru let out a shrill laugh, a cackle that made your ears twitch, before silencing herself.

"Go fuck yourself." You sighed with a smile on your face, ready to give Shinso direction.

"Your turn Troll Doll." Shinso sat in the second chair next to you, his arms crossed as if he was bored.

"I wonder if the gods made you invisible because they gave you such a shitty face?" You choked on the spit in your mouth, trying not to laugh.

"You little fucker-" Toru suddenly was cut off and sat straight, silence filling the small cement room.

"Got her, easy." Shinso spoke to you with a smile. You smiled at him back.

"You're about to become an expert interrogator Shinso. Okay. Ask her what the League of Villains want." Shinso nodded, ready to get this over with so he could sleep.

"Tell us about the goals of the League of Villains." Toru was quiet for a moment and you were worried his quirk didn't work, but it simply took a moment for her to answer.

"I don't know much...but I know Shigaraki wants to revamp hero society. He says the symbol of peace and UA make people too calm." You quickly jotted these details down in your notebook.

Goals of LOV

-Target All Might

-Target UA

Result > End of trust in heroes

"Ask her who her leaders are."

"Who do you follow?" Shinso repeated to Toru.

"Shigaraki is our leader, but big brother won't tell me anything more than that." You quickly took note of the big brother comment, remembering her saying something about a step-brother in your fight.

"Ask her about her family...and why she worked with the villains." Shinso repeated what you asked, and suddenly you heard a sigh come from the girl's lips. Toru looked tired...if that was possible for a mostly invisible face. 

"My step-brother's name is Rega...he has a quirk called fury that causes his targets to fall into a destructive rage. I have a father with a light-refracting quirk and my mother had the ability to turn invisibility on and off. I had a twin sister with the same exact quirk as me. When I was a kid, my sister and I were crossing the street when she was suddenly hit by a car. We wore bright yellow vests so cars could see us, but he ran over and killed her. It took a while for him to get caught, but once he went through his trial he was released for being a pro-hero that 'contributed to society'. My mom was heartbroken and killed herself not long after. Dad quickly remarried to fill the void and met my step-mother, someone who hated the heroes just like us. My brother and I have been inseparable ever since." 

Well, this got much more interesting very quickly. Shinso thought.

You and Shinso kept going back and forth with squeezing out information from Hagakure. Unfortunately, she has never met any of the other villains in the group, has only been in contact with her stepbrother, and never has been to their hideout. These three key components made it very difficult to find interesting information on the League of Villains, something they probably kept from her on purpose. One thing you heard throughout the interrogation that troubled you was written on the bottom of your notebook page.

"Quirks belong to no one."

You weren't sure what it meant, and you made a mental note to ask All Might about it. It was ominous enough to insinuate another plot by the league. 

It was past three in the morning now, Tsukauchi was fast asleep in his chair outside of the two-way mirror in the room. Toru was taken back to her cell, slumped from exhaustion from being mind-controlled for two hours straight, and Shinso with a raging headache of his own.

"We done now?" The purple-haired boy asked. You smiled with a tired expression at him.

"Yeah...I'll walk you home."

The walk was completely silent, the two of you tired from the long night and Shinso in great pain from using his quirk so much. He felt so tired and used up, but a part of him was a little giddy inside. The two of you made it back to his apartment, the boy stopping at his door.

"Hey...(y/n)?" 

"Yeah?" A raspy tired voice left your lips, a ghost of your usual tone.

"Thank you...for helping me. I've been wanting to be in 1-A since I was a kid. Thanks." You smiled at the purple-haired boy. He seemed so soft all of a sudden, something you don't usually see in a man since Katsuki is always so charged and ready to go.

"No problem Shinso. Thanks for your help. This information might end up saving lives and we owe you for it." You extended a hand out to him, a bright expression on your face.

"Let me be the first to welcome you to class 1-A. Congrats buddy." Shinso looked at your hand in awe, suddenly looking more awake than before. He bit his lip, reaching for your hand and shaking it.

"Thanks...goodnight (y/n)." You quickly said your goodbyes and vanished back to the Bakugo household, straight into Katsuki's room to snuggle up to him after being in the cold. You were eager to feel him hold you throughout the night, reminding you that there was still warmth and good in this world...and it was from him.

Shinso walked into his lone apartment, kicking off his shoes and socks into a lazy pile near the door. He grabbed his indoor slippers to walk towards a table with two candles on it and two marble urns.

Keane Shinso 

Mika Shinso

The purple-haired teen couldn't bite his lip any harder to stop the warm tears from sliding down his cheeks. A broken sob was lifted from his chest as he put his hands in a prayer formation.

"Dad...Mom...I finally did it...I'm going to become a hero."

~~

A/N

For those of you concerned about the ending of the book, this story is only about HALFWAY completed! Please let me know how you are feeling about this story! Criticism is always welcome!

Thank you all so much!

-v4k

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89K 2.2K 28
(Completed) You ended up with Todoroki in the same room as there was a game 7 minutes in heaven. Still your brother is Katsuki. xD bhahahah He didn...
31.8K 1K 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...
553 12 3
When you met Bakugo on your first day of school he seemed.. intersting to you. After your first training fight together the two of you started to gro...