Ethereal (COMPLETED)

By Lieria_

e·the·re·al /əˈTHirēəl/ (adj.) extremely delicate light, too perfect for this world. ------ Her lips curved i... More

1: White
2: Jophiel
3: Seek and You will Find
4: Hell Week
5: Spring Day
6: Beautiful Soul
7: 4 Letters
8: Only Friend
9: Time is Precious
10: Afriel
11: Emergency
12: Time will Come
13: Eavesdrop
14: Leaked
15: Eris
16: Happiest
17: Weak Soul
18: Fake
19: Caffeine
20: Dream or Nightmare
21: Destiny
22: Dead Leaves
23: Ready
24: I Knew
25: Black hoodie
26: Dinner
27: YOLO
28: Fallen
29: Bicycle
30: Let it Be
31: Challenge
32: Cigarettes and Alcohol
33: Pounding heart
34: Interview
35: Muster
36: Feelings
38: More
39: Horror
40: Confession
41: Consequences
42: Kiss of Death
43: Cloud 9
44: Deal
45: Sick
46: Queen
47: Call
48: Blue Sweater
49: Love is Not Over
50: Brothers
51: Love
52: Red Dress
53: Forever
54: Epilogue

37: Fire

1.1K 73 2
By Lieria_

Sophie, I'll pick you up today. I don't have work.

I texted her. I finished all my works yesterday —writing songs, recording lines, meetings. Now I'm free for her.

Okay, 4pm.

My lips automatically smiled.

I wonder how her messages can make me smile even though they are short and emotionless.

See you.

-

My back leaning in front of my car. My fingers playing with my car keys as I wait for her.

"Yoon...!" I turned my head to see Sophie approaching me. She's not alone, she's with two ladies, I'm guessing same age as her.

I know she cut herself when she shouted my name, because people will turn to me if she shouted Yoongi. Beauty and Brains.

I held out my hand as she came closer to me then she immediately grabbed it.

I wonder why I'm still smiling even she can't see it under my mask.

"Ohhh is he your boyfriend? So sweet of him to pick you up at school," one of the girls grinned.

"Ahhh, he's not-"

The other girl cut Sophie off, "We should discuss our report tomorrow. See you Sophie!"

They waved goodbye then they walked away.

I opened the car door for Sophie, not saying anything to her. She hopped in then I went to the driver's seat.

I started to drive.

I don't know why I feel sad about her, telling her friends that I'm not her boyfriend.

I know it's true that we're not really dating.

But the things we do, that's what couples do right?

I felt her gently tapped my forearm, "Yoongi, are you okay?"

I was pushed out of my own thoughts, "Ahh yes yes. I'm good."

"Your mind is completely somewhere else. Something wrong?" She asked with a worrying tone.

I faked a smile, which is what I'm really good at. "Nothing."

I should just be thankful that's she's spending her time with me, and she's giving me a chance.

I should give her more time to become fully aware of her human side, because these things are new to her.

I shouldn't be an ungrateful bitch.

"Do you know that Angels can read minds?"

I kicked the break.

Both of us sprung out of our chair on the sudden halt.

I turned my head at her with widened eyes, "So... you? You're reading my mind ever since?"

Ahhh no, what should I do.

I tried to recall the things on my mind when I was with her.

Oh no, the times I thought about her lips.

She laughed, "No! Of course not! I'm just kidding. Angels can't do that."

I let out a deep breath and I squinted my eyes on her, "Ahh youuu!"

She just laughed again. Her magical laugh that lights up my whole world, which made me forgot that I just had a heart-attack.

Wtf. Even her laugh is addicting.

The motorcycle behind us went to our side and started shouting nonsense.

Sophie rolled her window down and shouted, "Sorry!"

The motorcycle rider immediately stopped shouting. She stared at Sophie for a second then he zoomed away.

"What magical power is that?" I scoffed as I started to drive again.

"It's not magic. It's called positivity. Smiling is contagious, so you should keep smiling even if the world is angry."

Right. Who else won't be happy if they saw that perfect smile of yours?

"That's why you're unique," I muttered.

She grinned, "So what's on your mind that you got afraid when you thought I knew?"

"I was actually thinking about how beautiful you are," I confidently said, flashing her my gummy smile.

I saw pink tints on her cheeks then she looked down. "I'm not," she murmured.

I stopped the car because we already arrived at their house.

I turned to her and tilted her chin up to look at me, "Always remember. You're always will be the most beautiful girl in my eyes."

Then, I pet her head like a little puppy.

-

She said she baked a cake with her grandma yesterday and asked me if I wanted to taste it.

I'm not really into sweets but who am I to decline a great offer?

She led me to their living room and I saw a familiar face sitting on the sofa.

"Hi Jophiel!" He joyfully greeted her then his reaction suddenly changed when his eyes fell on me, "Yoongi."

I scoffed, "You know me, but I don't know you."

He shook his head, "Too confident aren't we? I'm Zach."

My gaze darkened. He's that guy Sophie spent time with.

She said he's an angel but he doesn't even look like one.

Aish. I should've just taken Sophie somewhere else. That mini heart-attack dulled my mind.

Sophie spoke to lessen the tension, "Ohh hi Zachael! Why are you here?"

She ushered me to sit on the sofa, and so I did sit on the other end opposite to that guy.

"Just visiting my favorite friend," he smiled at Sophie, emphasizing the word favorite.

"Favorite tch," I hissed then I smirked.

He seemed to heard it because he immediately shoot daggers on me.

"Uhmm sit down. I'll get you something, what do you want?" Sophie asked him.

He sat back on his seat, "Tea."

"Okay. And coffee for Yoongi. I'll be back," she smiled then left.

I grinned teasingly, "She knows what I want."

He turned his gaze to me, one eyebrow raised up. "What are you even doing here?"

"Ahhh. Don't you know?" I asked still smirking. I think its nice to play with him because he seems like he's the type of person who easily gets annoyed.

"Know what?"

"Just ask Sophie," I teasingly nodded at him with my eyes squinted.

His gaze hardened, "I told you to stay away from her."

I changed my face to a serious one, "I don't obey orders."

"Guys, the food is ready!" Sophie called out from the dining room.

Zach was the first one to stand, looks like he wants to get away from me as soon as possible.

I followed afterwards.

We both sat across each other while Sophie sat on the end of the table.

Sophie baked a red velvet cake, I instantly tasted it as soon as we're all seated.

"Mmmm... Delicious. As always, Sophie." I reacted wholeheartedly.

"Thanks Yoongi," she smiled sweetly back at me.

I shifted my eyes to the other boy and he's frowning at me. I wanted to laugh so hard, he's so funny.

He cleared his throat, "So Yoongi, tell me about yourself."

"What do you want to know?" I fake smiled at him and he's so annoyed about it.

"What do you study?"

"I write music."

"Ahh," he seemed disappointed. "You won't have a great future in that career."

"Say what?" I was about to stand but I contained myself. I need to be calm.

Don't you dare underestimate my passion.

He noticed my sudden reaction then he smirked, probably thinking he's winning now.

"Yoongi's songs are meaningful. He spreads love and he helped millions through it," Sophie told Zach like she's proud of me.

"Ahh you're an Idol," he sipped his tea.

"You know me? You're a fan," I said, not asked.

I saw him almost choke on his tea.

"Idols you know, they're so fake. They look nice and kind in front of their fans but if you really get to know them, they're rebels."

I bit the inside of my cheeks, I shouldn't be bothered.

"They hungrily desire for freedom, as if they didn't choose that path in the first place," he shrugged.

I swear I'm gonna punch the hell out of him right now.

Sophie decided to spoke, "First of all, Yoongi isn't a rebel-"

Zach cut him off as he chuckled, "Then what do you call those things on his wrist?"

My hand twitched as I bit my lower lip. My cuts, they're barely noticeable. How can he even saw it?

Right. He's an angel.

But where's his halo? All I can see are horns.

I cleared my throat, "These cuts aren't signs of rebellion. They're signs of sadness, depression. I bet you don't even know that coz you're not aware of other people's feelings."

I remember why I wrote songs about depression.

I want other people to understand, that we don't simply just cut ourselves to be cool. It's more deeper than that.

Sophie reached for my wrist and she caressed it with her thumb. "Zachael, humans get sad and lonely. It's normal for them, they have feelings." She explained in a calming voice like she was teaching good manners to a child.

He frowned when he saw what Sophie's doing to my wrist, and he didn't bother to speak again.

I smirked then I fed Sophie some cake.

I looked at him after that and I swear, I saw fire in his eyes.

Bultaoreune.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.3K 3.2K 35
I was in such a bad mood, I didn't even order from the menu, I just asked the waitress for a coffee as dark and bitter as my soul. To my surprise, sh...
1.3K 390 41
[LEISURELY EDITING] This book is already completed but there may be alot of grammatical errors and typos so please let it slide for now since I'm a r...
46.6K 1.2K 69
Kim Y/N is a normal girl living her life on her own along with her beloved friends and family. Suddenly,a guy named Jeon Jungkook showed up in her li...
12.5K 1.1K 33
❤︎︎ A MIN YOONGI x READER FF ❤︎︎ "Love is a beautiful creation of God but it is not in everyone's luck" It hurts like hell when the person whom you l...