Seven People {Completed ✔️}

By diva_dani

Carolina York. Mikayla Lionoff. Lucy Maine. Vanessa Gray. Katherine Vicar. Molly Nichols. Alana May Criston. ... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (Blake)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 (Chloe)
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (Zach)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Blake)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (Mia)
Chapter 19 (Ryan)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 (Zach)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Sasha)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 (Blake)
Chapter 26 (Zach)
Chapter 27 (Sasha)
Chapter 28 (Xavier)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Blake)
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Chloe)
Chapter 34 (Sasha)
Chapter 35
Epilogue: 15 Years Later

Chapter 11

41 12 1
By diva_dani

"What is this?"

I remember the Stevensons. They were mom and dad's friends. They also had dinner at our house the night my parents died. For all they knew I was dead. To say that their message was unexpected would be an understatement.

Blake immediately starts making calls to different people and places. So does Al. I'm pretty sure he's calling the tv company to try and figure out how and when they were contacted to do this.

I feel so useless. I'm not a genius, I'm not great at martial arts and I don't speak 11 languages. That's something the others in this room can do. They were also able to easily reorient themselves when the broadcast aired and take the appropriate steps.

"Okay, they're expecting us at HQ. Right now." Blake says once he gets off the phone.

What was supposed to be an easy, quiet night just took a turn for the worst. I ran out of the house and into the car.

Everyone was cranky when we arrived at HQ. I know I should have stayed composed but was very close to snapping. I hadn't slept well in a while, people were threatening to kill me, and now this? Even after everything that had happened in my life, I have a breaking point. And I will most likely reach it very soon.

At HQ I'm interrogated by many different people. There is Alan, and Xavier, and others who do interrogations for a living. Those guys are the weirdest to talk to. They also have a knack for asking just the right questions to get the exact answer they want. It's good for criminals and the such but I'm a teenager. I haven't done anything wrong!

After a few hours, and endless rounds of questioning, I'm released. I catch a glimpse at a clock. It's already 3 in the morning! I can't exactly call any of my friends at this ungodly hour.

Blake comes and tells me that they are doing a search on the Stevensons. That it was the new plan and would hopefully get us somewhere.

"But Blake! The Stevensons were checked out during the original investigation. Back when all of this started. Aren't you just wasting resources ding it again?"

"We have better resources now. Just let us do what we must. Here, I'll take you to a bedroom to get some sleep. Mia's already brought you some clothes."

I know I should help, but I am really considering taking him up on that offer. Sleep sounded like heaven right now.

************************************

In the morning, I am told that I wasn't to go to school. That it was dangerous. I sent a quick text to Chloe, letting her know where I was. I wondered why it was too dangerous to go to school.

I find out soon enough. Blake shows me a computer with different emails open. At first, I don't see a connection, but then it hits me. All of these emails have two names in common. Mills and Stevenson.

Blake knows when the realization hits me because he starts talking.

"It might be nothing, we might just be paranoid, but the Mills' are said to be flying over to New York in a couple of days for the fashion show."

"Oh! I've heard of it. It's their annual summer collection fashion show. It's a big deal in that world." Mia exclaims.

"And apparently in your world as well, Mia," Blake responds, with a slight smirk on his face.

"Well, excuse me for doing a lot of work for people in that industry. It does get me a lot of free stuff."

"Yeah, yeah."

It honestly amazes me that people who protect others with their lives, and who have no doubt critically injured others can bicker about something so trivial. And with such joy and fun.

"But honestly, do you think that they are connected on a deeper level?" Mia asks.

"Nah, they're all socialites. This is likely a publicity stunt, like the message from last night." Blake responded.

"But are you going to check them out anyway?" I ask. At this point, I've started figuring out how to talk during these meetings. I just need to ask one good question that will set Blake off, that way he knows I'm paying attention.

"Well of course! I am very good at my job. The keyword here is very. So, even if there is the tiniest of possibilities that they are related, I will go check it out."

"Miss York-" Xavier starts before I cut him off.

"Cara." I correct him. Miss York is what my mother was called by some people. Even though everyone knew she was married, they addressed her as 'Miss' to make it seem as if she was younger. They did it to get into her good graces. Even though that ever seemed to work out for them, my mother truly hated it. Now it just brings back bad memories.

"Cara, Blake is an amazing agent. You should trust him."

I knew that would get a reaction out of the both of them. Blake, because he despises anyone doubting his abilities and Xavier because he likes Blake. This was all part of Mia's plan to force them together, and it was working quite splendidly.

Step 1: get them to stand up for one another, it'll make them crush on each other more.

I've learnt that Mia is quite good at multitasking, especially when it comes to her friends' love lives.

When the meeting concludes, it's already way too late for me to go to school for it to be productive. Plus, it's almost the last week of school so we don't do much in class. So, me and Blake head home with Maggie and Al.

********************************

The weekend starts off nice. No one from our house goes anywhere, Blake actually joins us for breakfast on Saturday, which leaves all of us shocked, and we manage to spend some time together.

Then, I learn the meaning of 'the calm before the storm.'

Come Sunday evening, and it feels as if the world is about to end.

Threatening mail is being sent to our house as well us the neighbours, a message appears on the street and on crs, in blood-red paint. Speakers and Radios are being hacked into.

Blake manages to get security cameras in different places around the street but no one feels comfortable in their own homes anymore.

"This is going to far! They dislike Cara, not random, innocent people." Blake was livid. He was stressed out from all the different things going on at the same time.

Chloe called me when she saw what was going on, and some things I heard from the other end of the line were really upsetting to me.

"Hey, Lana. How are you?"

"Terrified. They are getting closer, I can feel it."

We talked like that for about 15 minutes when Chloe heard her mom call her name. She didn't hang up and insisted that it wouldn't take long. That we would be able to talk some more.

"Clo, baby. Aren't you glad you aren't friends with that Alana May girl anymore." I was shocked, what was that about? "You should have seen the news, her entre street is practically destroyed. Apparently the missing and or dead Carolina York lives there. Or so they think. Either way, these people are dangers to be around."

"Whatever you say, mom."

Her mom was apparently satisfied with the answer and left her room.

"What was that?" I asked her. I didn't know how to phrase that question any other way, I was speechless.

"I'm sorry Lana. Ryan convinced mom that you were a menace and the 'you were bad for me' crap. I hate it. But I also don't want her getting suspicious."

Suddenly,  hear Blake calling me from the kitchen. "I understand. Anyway, I got to go. Blake is calling me. TTYL." I say. We say our goodbyes and then we hang up.

I go join my parents and guardians in the kitchen.

When I get there, Blake has a serious look on his face.

"Cara," he starts. "We don't think it's safe for you to stay here anymore. We're having you move to HQ, for safety reasons."

"What?" I was shocked.

"It's non-negotiable." Maggie cut in. "It'll be better there."

"What the hell am I supposed to tell my friends? And the people at school. I moved on such short notice? It'll give them even more reasons to suspect that something's up." I said. I thought they were smart!

"Do we look dumb to you Carolina? People won't know you moved. We'll still be here. Just avoid people coming over for the next 3 days After that, you are going on a pre-college family vacation." Maggie said, exasperated.

"Oh." I was dumbfounded. Of course, they thought of this. I feel like this is seriously starting to get to me, and I don't like it.

"Get ready Cara. You're leaving tonight."

********************************

First Published August 9th, 2019

Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed today's chapter. I'm still on vacation, which explains my very erratic posting. I'm going to be home next week but then I'm going away the last week of August, before school starts. I'll try and figure out a schedule that works for me then.

Anyway, if you enjoyed this chapter and think it deserves a vote then pleas consider giving it one 😀.

Happy reading,
Dani💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196 12 8
Mikayla York is living the perfect life. She's young, she has a loving mother and the best father a person could ask for. What could make that worse...
12.5K 1.3K 45
📖Featured by @adultfiction on "Kills and Thrills" reading list📖 Previously known as "Undercover: Fake Identity" *** "What are you running away from...
30K 371 8
"Shes dangerous because she's calm in chaos and ruin but anxious in the quiet." Beth and her friends barely made it through freshmen and sophomore ye...
156 26 17
It was vacation time in "Waterhills Police Academy". Some students of criminology department decided to stay rather than to go home for the vacation...