You Are Not Safe

By _TRIKKONOMETRY_

--UNDER EDITING-- Diego Winchester is a four year old little girl that has been separated from her two older... More

1. Diego.
2. Dont eat fish.
3. Jimbo.
4. Mashed Potatoes
5. Boom
6. Eggys and Milk
7. Walking boots and rocks
8. Walker Bait
9. Not Dead
10. Leave Me Be
11. Lifeline
12. Mommys and Daddys
13. Remember me
14. Blood soaked hands
15. Finger on the trigger
16. Two daddys and a Momma
17. On Point
18. Its the family Business.
19. Good night love
20. Hurt
21. Whats left of it.
22. At all times.
23. If he loved me.
24. Lost in the tombs.
25. I wont let them.
26. Badass.
27. Hey Jude.
29. I found you.
30. A single tear.
31. Ankle-biter.
32. Pig 'n a Poke.
33. Worry.
34. Americas most wanted.
35. Whiskey coloured eyes.
AAAAA

28. Hey Assbutt.

7.3K 201 71
By _TRIKKONOMETRY_

"It's the only way... no one else knows"

I think I should have stayed asleep. I'm currently pretending to be asleep on daddy's shoulder. Don't get me wrong, I was asleep, but I woked ups and I donts thinks that I was supposed to.

"Are you gonna tell em?"

"Not till after"

Great. What have I gotten myself into. Nothing bad I hope, but when daddy, Hershey bar and Ricky are standing outside away from everybody else acting like ninjas, I think it's something important that I'm not supposed to know about. How fun?

"We have to do it today. It had to be quiet."

"You got a plan?" Daddy asked while adjusting me in his grip. I let out a little whine, and all three men stiffened.

"You sure she's still asleep Daryl?" Ricky asked. Daddy stared at me so I fully shut my eyes again until he spoke back up and I opened them a bit again.

"Yeah.. she's fine" he said while side eyeing me and slightly furrowing his eyebrows.

"We tell Michonne we need to talk.. away from the others."

That got me thinking.. what are they gonna do to Mishy??

"Just ain't us, man."

"No, no it isn't" Hershey bar said while walking off.

"We do this, we avoid a fight. No one else dies."

"Okay.."

"We need someone else."

"I'll talk to him" daddy said quickly.

"I'll do it" Ricky said back just as quick.

"I'll go with ya"

"No" Ricky cut off "just me."

Ricky then turned and walked off, so daddy started to walk towards the cell block. Just before we got there, I pretended to wake up and started to squirm and shift around in his arms.

"Hey there sleepy head, have a nice sleep darlin?"

"Mhm daddy... what is We doings today's?"

"Well" he started while opening the gate "you, Carl and some others are gonna draw some walkers to the fence, distract them away from me, Glenn and the rest while we put up some things in the yard"

"To stop the bad men?"

"Yeah, to stop the bad men"

...

"Hey! Over here! Come on! Over here!"

Carl and Maggie were yelling and attracting the walkers towards us and popping em through the fence. Daddy said I'm too short to do that bit but said I have a big mouth so I can distract em, so that's what I was doin.

"Hey Assbutt! Yeah you! You Jerk!" I squealed, receiving an amused look from Carl, but a slightly disappointed look from Maggie.

I looked to the field and saw daddy and Glenn putting out some sharp wire stuff on the floor. Plus, Mishy killing walkers. As quick as they were there, they got back in the truck and headed back over.

The day went by and after a weird talk with uncle Merle, and panicking about where daddy ran offs to, I found myself sitting on Carl's lap outside next to Bethy and Hershey while carol held the baba. Soon enough, rick, Maggie and Glenny came over too.

"When I met with the governor, he offered me a deal... he said he would leave us alone.. if I gave him Michonne...... and I was gonna do that to keep us safe."

Everybody was silent. Just starring at rick as if he was a mad man. Was he really gonna give Mishy to the bad man?

"I changed my mind. But now Merle took Michonne to fulfil the deal and Daryl went to stop him, I don't know if it's too late."

So that's where daddy went. He went chasing after Merle, and that's why merle had that talk with me earlier today.

"I was wrong not to tell you. And I'm sorry. What I said last year, that night after the farm, it can't be like that. It can't. What we do, what we're willing to do, who we are, it's not my call. It can't be."

He looked around carefully at everybody's faces, finally settling on me and Carl.

"I couldn't sacrifice one of us for the greater good because we are the greater good. We're the reason we're still here. Not me. This is life and death. How you live, how you die, isn't up to me. I'm not your Governor. We choose to go. We choose to stay. We stick together. We vote. We can stay and we can fight, or we can go."

It was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. After that huge speech, rick walked off.

I wanted to wait for daddy and uncle Merle to come back, but that didn't happen. Only one arrived back at the prison.

...

Packing. We had to leave. Well, not forever, but just for today. We had to make the bad man think we left, so we had to pack up everything and bring it with us.

Carl was mad and angry at his daddy, but I was tryna make my daddy feel better, but it's like he was in his own little bubble.

When he went out to stop uncle merle, he did find him, just not alive. Daddy came back to the prison and he was sad, and I couldn't do anything about it. I was sad too, and to see daddy sad hurt even more. But now we both lost something the same. A brother. He saids that's he was hurtings in the inside.

The hurt that you can't fix.

I got my blue bag and put in my clothes and my drawing things, along with my Toby. I had my dummy in my pocket, and I made my way outside to where everybody else was.

I found daddy near his motorcycle. He smiled at me and I smiled back while taking the bag offs my shoulders and handing it to daddy.

"Is Toby gonna be safe daddy?"

"Yeah, I'll keep him safe for ya"

"Is you gonna be safe? Who's gonna keep you safes daddy?"

"I can keep myself safe darlin"

"Cause, cause your a badass?"

Daddy chuckled and then agreed. I smiled and daddy gave me a hug before telling me to go over to Bethy. It was decided that me, Carl, Bethy, Hershey and the baba would go into the woods and the rest would fight. I was scared something bad was going to happen.

Soon enough, we were in the woods and something just didn't feel right. Then we heard it. The gunfire.

"I should be there"

Carl was still angry that he wasn't allowed to fight, he always wanted an excuse to use his gun. The sounds stopped after a few minutes and then we heard heavy panting. Carl leapt up pointing his gun at a boy no younger than Bethy.

"Whoa whoa whoa, don't shoot"

"Drop the weapon son" Hershey said.

He was handings it over. Why couldn't Carl see that? The poor boy was giving ups his gun, giving it to Carl. He shotted the boy. I don't see why, he did nothings wrong. Carl killed the boy.

And I ran.

I ran as fast as my little legs could take me. I could hear them calling after me, but I didn't listen. Then I heard it, heavy footsteps infront of me. A man. A tall, mean looking man. He stopped infront of me, I think he was with the bad man. He raised up his gun and stared at me. My body started to tingle as I panicked.

"CARL!"

I yelled him, and ran as fast as I could, but the bad man was right behind me. He managed to trips me over, I fell and hit my head pretty hard and the floor started spinning, and my wrist started throbbing... again.

Why did he have to do that? It was just getting better!

He cocked his gun and fired. I waited for the pain to hit me. Prepared myself for what I thought it was going to feel like. I had seen it when my Sammy and Dean gotted shot, it didn't looks very nice.

But I didn't feel it.

The only thing I felt was better as somebody picked me ups and I felt the all to familiar feel of two warm finger tips on my head...

...
Hello peoples!
I know I've not updated in ages, I must have re written this chapter like a hundred times by now, I just couldn't get it right, I still don't think it's fully right..

Who misses Merle?

Who do you think saves Diego?

Thank you so much for 36k views! It really means a lot to me!

Don't forget to vote and comment 😁😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.5K 1.9K 36
Rachel Ebony, a girl who is stuck in the world of the undead. She was alone at the start, but of course, that didn't phase her any. She didn't want t...
1.5K 36 6
The zombie Apocolypse could not have come at a worse time for the Grimes/Dixon family. by geekygirl699 on ao3
447K 14.3K 126
Estella Brandy, a strong, brave six year old girl that was left alone to die in the apocalypse by her mother. Thinking that she wouldn't be able to s...
348K 9.3K 99
Semi-mature. Completed. Nate's a teenage Aussie tomboy. Who grew up in a country town with 4 big brothers and parents who adore her as much as she do...