not just a pretty face [sasus...

By saccharinskies

i fell in love with a person, not just their pretty face ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "Tell me why you love me." "You're beautiful... More

one
zero
two
three
four
five
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
epilogue
a final note

six

2.2K 97 19
By saccharinskies

S.H 

"Sakura, hey!"

"Welcome back, Sakura!"

"How was Ino's date?"

Feeling completely numb after seeing Sasuke again, Sakura took a seat at the dinner table with her three friends, Ino still being on her date. She gripped the sides of the warm soup bowl, chicken-scented steam fogging up her vision. 

"Sakura?" Hinata squeezed her shoulders gently. The pinkette blinked, looking at her close friend. "You alright?"

"Oh, yeah," Sakura quickly nodded her head before gulping down her chicken noodle soup. "Just thinking about stuff. Modelling stuff."

 "So nothing happened on the date, then?" frowned Temari, unconvinced. "Not feeling lonely or anything?"

Sakura was glad that they didn't suspect her meeting with Sasuke, and rather the loneliness that came after a break up. Especially when all her close friends had boyfriends, one friend is getting married and another just went on a date. Even if Ino's date was that jerk Sai. Shaking her head and attempting to forget about Sasuke, Sakura responded, "Nah. After Kiba and everything, I think I'll enjoy being single. Anyways, c'mon guys! I didn't spy on Ino for nothing! At least pretend to want to know what's happening!"

"Right!" Tenten snapped her fingers, leaning forward. "So, Sakura? Anything exciting happen? Please tell me they kept it rated G."

"I hope they did," Sakura frowned. "I left early than them to go shopping, so I might have missed some details."

Hinata waved her arms frantically. "Tell us from the beginning, then! Every single detail! Wait no, describe the guy!"

"Well, his name is Sai," Sakura quickly spoke under her friends' interrogating stares that could've rivalled a well known model police-man, Ibiki Morino. "He's a new recruit for Tsunade, working under the Konoha division with us. He's sharing a dorm with Shikamaru, so that's how I found out about him."

"Personality?" interrupted Temari. 

Sakura paused for a second, thinking how exactly to word this. "Well, he's very...blunt. Brutally honest. If he doesn't like you, he'll make it the obvious, but if it's the opposite, then he'll shower you in love. For example, I actually met Sai prior to the date, but I didn't know who he was. Acting like a completely freaking jerk, calling me ugly and stuff. Jokingly, of course. I think. I don't know, he doesn't really have an expression."

"And how does Sai act around Ino?" Tenten asked, dangerously twirling a pair of chopsticks in her hands and completely ignoring the name Sai called Sakura.

Taking another spoonful of chicken and noodles, Sakura quickly replied, "He likes her. Absolutely. Well, I'm not sure if it's like like yet, but it's definitely better than the treatment I got. Ino looks really happy with him, so I'm guessing Sai's trying to look good for her. I'm pretty sure he even called her 'gorgeous' once. Even though I don't really like Sai, I have to admit that that is so cute. Are they not a great couple?"

"I know right!" Hinata squealed, clasping her hands together. "I ship! Ooh, we need a ship name!"

"Hm," Temari frowned in concentration. "Oh! I got it! Saino!"

"Aww, I ship it so much," gushed Tenten. The next few minutes were filled with intense shipping over the new couple. 

"What are you guys talking about?"

Everyone froze, the chattering skidding to halt as Ino herself entered the room. Nervously laughing, Sakura faced the blonde whose blonde brows were knitted in suspicion. "N-Nothing, Ino. Just, uh, um, y-your date?"

Silence as blue eyes stared into green. Then Ino jumped up like a maniac, shrieking, "Aha! I knew you were spying on me!"

"Like you wouldn't do the same," Sakura rolled her eyes, and patted the seat at the head of the table for Ino to take a seat. Once Ino had seated, the four other friends grinned slyly and simultaneously leaned forward. 

"Soo," Temari drawled. "How was the date?"

The tension of the room rose as Ino paused dramatically. Then, "It was perfect, oh my gosh! Sai's such a gentleman! He was calling me things like 'lovely' and 'gorgeous', oh it was straight out of a fantasy! And there was this part where we sitting near some cornflowers, and then Sai reached out to pick one and tucked it in my ear saying that it complimented my eyes!"

Green eyes widened as the description of that scene sounded so familiar to her, she didn't even fangirl on bit. The image the scene conjured up was so vivid, it was as if Sakura experienced it herself. Which...she did.

"Sasuke-kun, concentrate! I'm supposed to be tutoring you!"

"Meh, I couldn't care less about studies, Sakura. Besides, I'm smarter than you."

"But the teachers don't know that because you don't put any effort! I'm still supposed to be tutoring you!"

It was finally the weekend of a tiring high-school week filled with work.  Sakura Haruno was currently sitting on her knees in a field of grass and flowers, the park close to her highschool. Lavender scents and bees were in the air with the occasional bird as well. Inhaling deeply, the Haruno marveled what a good weekend place it would be. Unluckily, Sakura had a tutoring session scheduled with none other than the boy who most the year level had a small crush on. 

About two months ago, Sakura had been asked to tutor Sasuke Uchiha, whose grades had been failing, to her surprise and most girl's outrage. An even bigger surprise to Sakura was that Sasuke was actually a prodigy, but simply could not be bothered with school work, which he considered easy. Brat. 

That was Sakura's first impression of Sasuke. A spoiled, rich-ass brat who got whatever he wanted. At first, she couldn't see why so many girls had a crush on him, even though he was ridiculously good looking. But...as time passed she found herself seeing him as a good friend. 

Even though Sasuke could be cold at times, there were cracks in his façade that only Sakura had seen. She had seen him truly be happy and himself. Sakura couldn't deny that he did attract in some weird way. 

"Teachers can go die," Sasuke threw a science text book about a meter away from the two and into a bunch of daisies. "I'm going to earn more money than them in future, so I don't get why they call me lazy all the time."

"Because if you keep being a lazy asshole, you're gonna end up homeless," scoffed Sakura, crossing her arms. "The teachers are only being tough on you because it's their job. And Mr. Uchiha asked them to."

"I don't like Father," Sasuke scowled, plucking a fistful of grass. "Always yapping about grades and money and pride and all this bullshit."

"He only wants what is best for you, Sasuke," Sakura reached over and squeezed his shoulder reassuringly. "Even though parents say it annoyingly all the time, it's true, okay?"

"Sure," the ravenette said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. Sakura hesitated, unsure whether to ask about his relationship with his father. She decided not to, since it was obviously a touchy topic and private matters concerning the Uchiha clan. Sasuke plucked out some flowers. "Say that because your parents love you."

"Sasuke!" cried Sakura indignantly. Sasuke ignored her and continued plucking out flowers. "Will you- uh, stop pick those flowers!"

Her small hand enclosed around his pale wrist, pale green flowers falling down onto the grass except for one that stayed within Sasuke's grasp. Sakura gasped at those flowers. "Sasuke! Green flowers are rare! How dare you pluck them!"

"Calm down, woman," Sasuke rolled his eyes again. "They're only chrysanthemums. Green ones. Look, they match your eyes."

Picking one up, the Uchiha tenderly slid the flower above her ear. Emerald hues widened as Sakura flushed and her skin tingled again from his touch. Sasuke leaned forward to Sakura, his eyes scanning her face before he softly muttered, "Beautiful."

"T-The flowers are g-gorgeous," stuttered Sakura, her face slowly turning into a tomato red. Black eyes continue to wander around her face. The light wind brushed against her pink bangs, softly swaying them. "R-Right?"

"Stupid, I wasn't talking about them," he chuckled slightly.

"W-What then?"

The alluring jet black eyes met her forest green orbs. "Silly, not a what. Rather a who.

"You."

Unaware of Sakura's flashbacks, the other four friends kept chatting among themselves. Hinata sighed, clutching her heart. "Oh, that would be beautiful."

Temari nodded in agreement. "I know, right? Those flowers are gorgeous."

"Silly, not the flowers," chided Tenten. "Rather Sai and Ino."

"Beautiful."

"T-The flowers are g-gorgeous."

"Silly, not a what. Rather a who."

His voice came floating back to her, mirroring her friend's conversation. It had been about ten years ago, yet Sakura could remember everything. How his voice sounded like. His surprisingly gentle touch. How he made her feel all warm inside. 

Suddenly, Sakura's whole body froze up. Like her mind couldn't process anything else. Because just six months after that scene, Sasuke left her alone and destroyed any chances of her future. 

Sakura felt hopeless. 

Subconsciously, she shot to her feet. Four pairs of eyes were now on her, concern etched into every single one of them. Sakura could only stare back, her conscious mind having stopped working. Only instinct was leading her now as her mind shut down. Sea foam green, sky blue, silvery lilac and chocolate brown all mixed together to form new pairs of eyes with a new colour. Onyx. 

It was like he was there. 

All around her, Sasuke's presence was surrounding. Sakura couldn't stand it. Forgetting about her four friends, she ran out of the apartment and down the corridor. Her cold hands reached for the staircase door and flung it open. 

Her feet started moving on their own again, taking her up higher and higher in the apartment, until she flung open the final door and reached the rooftop. 

Trails of tears stained her cheeks as a light, fresh breeze caressed her face. Sakura clutched the hand railing of the apartment rooftop, her body leaning as far as it could into the night sky, aching for the night to take her away. 

It was a clear night, as clear as any New York night could get, anyway. The peak of the glowing crescent moon peeked out from behind a small grey cloud. Twinkling dots lined the pitch black, helping the moon to illuminate to world. 

Coldness were all around her, but in that moment, Sakura didn't feel cold at all. She left the coldness hug her and blow her pink strands away. Closing her eyes, she let out a deep exhale. 

It felt like she just relived that memory. Had she secretly treasured it so much that she remembered every single detail? Desperation panged in her heart. Sakura wanted those days again. Where she was happy, where she didn't know or care about the terrible things that laid waiting for her. Where she thought she had a good future ahead of her. 

No matter how much Sasuke had hurt her, Sakura knew that there will always be a small part of her that missed their old relationship. She hated that part for being so clingy. Sakura always told a certain Uzumaki that she was too clingy, but now who was the clingy one? A lone tear seeped out from her eyelid. 

"Haruno," the red head jeered, sneering at Sakura as the pinkette backed up against the wall. "Leave my Sasuke-kun, alone."

It was the Monday after that scene in the park. Of course the queen bee of New York Leaf High School got wind of the all the details of that scene. She never left Sasuke alone, did she?

Karin Uzumaki was the most popular girl in Sakura's school. She was pretty and rich. Everyone loved her except for Sasuke and Sakura's friends. Everyone knew that Karin would become a super model when she was older. Her cousin, Naruto Uzumaki, was already one. Karin had rare scarlet, spiky hair and crimson eyes. Sakura did have exotic features too, but no one really considered her to be pretty with her flat chest and big forehead. 

Karin's clan, Uzumaki, was a pretty important one from Japan, so of course her family was rich. Unlike Sakura's. Her family is from Japan too, but they were never a big clan. Rather the farmers working for the big clans. 

Naturally, being the most popular girl in the school, Karin was supposed to have her pick of all the men. So, of course she chose the most wanted, hottest, richest boy in the school. Sasuke Uchiha. 

It was a big problem for Karin that a loner like Sakura had caught Sasuke's eye. Karin crossed her arms. "I'm not stupid. I know everything that happened on the weekend. Back off, and I won't destroy your life, okay?"

Even though Karin was backed up by ten of her friends, Sakura never had been one to back down. Planting her hands on her hips, she glared at Karin straight in the eye. "Sasuke is not yours. I never said that you were stupid, even though your face does. And I don't care if you know everything that happened. Nothing happened. You are being over dramatic. Back off, and I won't publicly humiliate you, okay?"

"You think you're so cool now that you hang out with Sasuke," snarled Karin, not backing down either. "Newsflash? You're not. You don't even have any tea on anybody."

"I don't have to gossip to be considered 'cool'," growled the pinkette. "And I don't want to be cool. Why would I want to be anything you are?"

"Thanks for calling me cool, hun, but," Karin flicked her hair. "Keep dreaming. Don't forget, my dad is a millionaire. I could destroy your chances of getting a job, and I will if you don't back off Sasuke. Everything with him was perfect, until you intervened."

"By perfect, I think you mean him ignoring you daily," Sakura said in a disgusted tone. Karin's cheeks flushed with rage as she outstretched her arms to push Sakura. 

"Why you, bitch!" hissed Karin, shoving Sakura against the wall. The concrete collided with pink, and flare shot up in Sakura's upper head. Gasping from pain, she closed her eyes and clutched her head, while the redhead smirked with triumph.

"Stop that! Uzumaki!" Sakura dimly heard a loud, male shout. Instantly, Karin's mean demeanor dropped and was replaced by her sweet one. Karin twirled a lock of scarlet, fluttering her eyelashes as none other than Sasuke Uchiha made his way onto the scene. "Yes, Sasuke-kun? I was just asking Sakura if she was okay-"

"Don't give me that bullshit," Sasuke said harshly, shoving Karin out of the way. He wrapped on arm around Sakura's waist, and the intensity of his voice dropping. "Sakura, you good?"

"Y-Yeah," Sakura nodded, opening her eyes. "It'll just give me a headache. I'll be fine."

"Excuse me?" screeched Karin. "Don't you care at all that this...this beast was just insulting me! Sasuke-kun, we're gonna be dating in some months-"

"I'll marry Sakura before I even glance at you again," Sasuke retorted, chest boiling with anger. Sakura couldn't help but stare at him in wonder. Yes, the Uchiha was cold, but he was never this angry. 

He glanced down at Sakura, meeting her eyes. Dark orbs glistened. "And trust me, I intend to."

"Did he mean that he wanted to marry me?" Sakura thought aloud. "When he first said that, I thought he did, but now...was it all just a joke?"

That's what she felt like right now. A joke. A person Sasuke only saw as someone to bully and hurt. He lead her on so much. Yet, Sakura was disappointed. Because he chose Karin over her. He chose the person he used to hate over her. 

More tears. 

Sasuke can't choose who he loves, but, Sakura sighed, I wish he didn't lead me on like that. 

The Uchiha had given her false hope. So much false hope. I guess I was too blinded by my stupid feelings for him that I didn't realize how unrealistic and stupid I was being...

What's up with all these resurfacing memories? Sakura wondered. Never, not in nine years had she experience anything like this. Could Ino's new relationship have triggered it? No, it couldn't  be.

All her other friends had experiences with their boyfriends that did make Sakura feel lonely, even if she had been dating Kiba at that time. She should've known that Kiba could never fill the hole that Sasuke left.

So what was it then? The recent encounters with Sasuke? It must be. But, why all these encounters now? After nearly a decade? Was this fate's way of reminding her that she was a joke? Like she didn't know that already.

Honestly, after her encounters with Sasuke, Sakura didn't know what to feel. One minutes he's insulting her, the next they were having a good conversation. She wanted to ignore him, to hate him. But it was just so easy to talk to him. 

Others in school found it nerve-wracking to gather up the courage to go talk to him. Sakura remembered in Year 2 fangirl Ino thinking for weeks how to introduce herself to him. Personally, she never found Sasuke that interesting until she had to tutor him. 

Yeah, he was model material. So what? To Sakura, looks came last. She knew first hand just how deceiving they can be. And if she was being honest, Sasuke's cold demeanor had intimidated her in the beginning. 

Besides, Sakura didn't want a boyfriend. She wanted to focus academically, and Sakura didn't need any obstacles in the way. She thought falling in love was stupid, until she did herself. And then her mistake cost her her future.  

Mental note, never fall in love with anyone again. 

Especially not Sasuke Uchiha. 

---------------

yeah, kinda crappy, but i did want to show more about Sakura and Sasuke's high school life. 

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!

Word count: 2989

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

887K 41K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
50.6K 1.4K 44
He enjoyed the view of Cherry Blossoms and how each petal gracefully fell...floating as if it was dancing in the wind to a silent song...ever since t...
682K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
136K 3.6K 36
The students graduated and are now registered heroes and they are living up to their dream. Bakugou unexpectedly meets Uraraka one day during a battl...