Protecting You (Katsuki Bakug...

By vote4kiba

*Currently Editing* Ranked #2 in Fanfics out of 1 Million KATSUKI BAKUGO x READER "I may not be a hero yet, b... More

Content Warnings - Please Read
Chapter 1- Welcome to UA
Chapter 2- Becoming Friends
Chapter 3- Investigations
Chapter 4- Quirk
Chapter 5- I Am Here
Chapter 6- Everything
Chapter 7- Angel
Chapter 8- To Save You
Chapter 9- Competitors
Chapter 10- I Promise
Chapter 11- Our Interests
Chapter 12- Betrayal
Chapter 13- Seeing Red
Chapter 14- Flames
Chapter 15- Hero Train
Chapter 16- The Beginning Journey
Chapter 17- Home Sweet Home
Chapter 18- I'm There
Chapter 19- Fear of the Unknown
Chapter 20- Domesticated
Chapter 21- Be Mine
Chapter 22- The Fourth
Chapter 23- Saving Strangers
Chapter 24- A Dream Realized
Chapter 26- Answers
Chapter 27- Reassurance
Chapter 28- Lost and Found
Chapter 29- Designing Heroism
Chapter 30- Rebirth
Chapter 31- Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 32- Finals
Chapter 33- Mother
Chapter 34- Summer
Chapter 35- Apology
Chapter 36- Camping
Chapter 37- Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 38- Cost of Survival
Chapter 39- Don't Come
Chapter 40- Futures
Chapter 41- Chi
Chapter 42- Ready, Set, Go
Chapter 43- All for One and One for All
Chapter 44- Protecting You
Chapter 45- Trying Again
Chapter 46- United
Chapter 47- Silent Pleas
Chapter 48- Rapunzel
Chapter 49- Family Dinner
Chapter 50- Burning Secrets
Chapter 51- Dorms
Chapter 52- Closed Doors
Chapter 53- Fighting Failure
Chapter 54- One in a Million
Chapter 55- Fuel to the Fire
Chapter 56- Reflection
Chapter 57- Phoenix
Chapter 58- Testing the Waters
Chapter 59- Blood Baths
Chapter 60- Blindsided
Chapter 61- The First Day
Chapter 62- Pandora's Box
Chapter 63- The Yin Within
Chapter 64- The Zombie Hero
Chapter 65- Kiss of Fate
Chapter 66- Ground Zero
Chapter 67- Breaking Down and Out
Chapter 68- Lights Out
Chapter 69- The Melodies of Life
Chapter 70- Swan Dive
Chapter 71- Finding Faith
Chapter 72- Lantern in the Dark
Chapter 73- Vacation Plans
Chapter 74- Plucking Daisies
Chapter 75- Eclipse
Chapter 76- Drunken Love
Chapter 77- One and Only
Chapter 78- All This Time
Chapter 79- Lemillion to One
Chapter 80- Hero for Hire
Chapter 81- Full Circle
Chapter 82- Villain Complex
Chapter 83- Flying High
Chapter 84- Follow Me
Chapter 85- Touching the Heavens
Chapter 86- Venom Vixen
Chapter 87- Fighting You
Chapter 88- Bloody Truths
Chapter 89- Just Be You
Chapter 90- Holiday Spree
Chapter 91- Memories
Chapter 92- Coming Home
Chapter 93- Stage 5: Acceptance
Chapter 94- Ghost of the Mountain
Chapter 95- Happy Birthday
Chapter 96- Death Day

Chapter 25- Katsuki's Promise

70.4K 2.5K 5.2K
By vote4kiba

Katsuki sat bored at his desk on Wednesday, the day after the attack. You were still in the hospital, Hagakure was in custody, and no one in the class seemed to notice either.

This infuriated the explosive blond.

You were suffering in the hospital, having saved who knows how many hundreds of people that could have been killed by the terroristic threat of planted bombs, and no one would ever know.

He clenched his jaw, cracking his knuckles whilst glaring at the morning sky through the window next to him. This wasn't fair to you. You deserved recognition. You deserved to be known as a hero. Katsuki watched the way you cried to All Might one afternoon...asking him with puffy red eyes and a waivering voice if you too could become a hero.

All he wanted to do was tell you how proud he was of you, a rare sense for him to feel for someone else, but he never found the words.

Eraserhead made his way through the door and began the morning classroom announcements when he stood behind the classroom podium.

"Alright I'm sure all of you heard about the incident regarding the school's closing yesterday. There were bombs planted in the basement of the school, set to go off at 8am yesterday." A series of gasps were heard when Eraserhead explained the severity of the situation. The news made it sound all in control...the situation in actuality was on the verge of catastrophic. Katsuki was ready to hear the excuse 'random hero arrived' or 'thankfully we have a good security team'...his eyes furrowed and his muscular frame was tense to hide his anger.

"I want you all to look around you today to see who is sitting with you in the class." After a few seconds, Midoriya raised his hand.

"Sensei, where's (y/n)?" Not a moment later Mina raised her hand.

"And Toru!" Eraserhead gave an unsettling smile, one that rumbled everyone's stomachs. Katsuki didn't know what direction his teacher was heading with this.

"Hagakure and (y/n) are absent...that's correct. That's because Hagakure is in police custody for planting said bombs and (y/n) is in the hospital for saving our lives. She risked her life to save all of us and we owe her our thanks. What I am saying will not leave this room, understood? Hagakure was secretly working for the League of Villains and (y/n) put a stop to it. "

Katsuki froze completely, the classroom silent in shock, confusion, and fear.

What the hell was going on?!

Katsuki's scarlet eyes met Aizawa's onyx ones, the elder nodding his head in acknowledgment. The blond hero's stern expression grew into a sharp smile. Questions began erupting as the students broke from their trance...but no matter what, Katsuki couldn't stop smiling to himself.

~~

You woke up in the hospital room that you swore you saw more than your own in the dorms. A lonely feeling hit your chest as you looked out the sunny window, a view of UA not too far from the room.

I wonder how everyone is doing...I wonder if they will hate me for taking away one of their friends if they figure out what I did.

Someone knocked on the door to your room, your head snapping in that direction. 

"Come in." Not a moment later, your teacher, Shouta Aizawa walked through the door with a casual expression on his scruffy face.

"Feeling any better (y/n)?" He asked you. Happy to have a visitor, you smiled and nodded your head.

"Yeah, I do. Some of the staff have really pleasant healing quirks that made this a lot easier. I should be out by the end of the weak if my MRI turns out well. Thanks for visiting me Sensei." You smiled brightly. Aizawa had a sense of pride over you that he didn't usually feel towards students. You transformed from such a private, broken, and fruitless child at the beginning of your time in UA to now a powerful hero with drive and determination sat in front of him. You were a shining example of why Aizawa became a teacher to begin with. He gave you a slight smile back, standing partially in the doorway.

"I'm glad you like having visitors because I brought quite a few." He fully opened the door to reveal your class walking into the room, filling every empty space around you. Your mouth dropped seeing the nineteen students looking at you in awe and concern. You didn't see any hate in their eyes at all.

"E-everyone?" You locked eyes with Katsuki who gave you a small easy smile, the blond making his way over to you.

"Move it losers!" He said as he walked through the crowd to sit in the chair he sat in yesterday.

"Aizawa Sensei told us what happened...we wanted to say thank you." Todoroki spoke up, his single bright eye sparkling and a gentle expression on his warm face. You looked over at the half and half boy with a sense of ease filling your heart.

Todoroki...who used to have such distaste for me...he's smiling...

"Shoto...you guys don't blame me...for turning in Hagakure?" Katsuki's heart clenched when he saw you looking at Shoto, the icyhot boy returning the expression. Bakugo was no idiot... he saw the way Shoto was looking at you...

It wasn't far off from the way Katsuki glanced at you himself.

"Of course not. None of us realized what her true intentions were...the fact she was your friend and you still noticed and did what was right for all of us makes us happy to have you as our friend..." Todoroki placed his right hand on yours, Katsuki nearly having a stroke keeping himself tame.

"...I'm glad you're here...I'm proud of you." You bit your lip trying to keep it from wavering, Izuku noticing the dark look on Katsuki's face. Katsuki may not have found the words he wanted to say but Todoroki said it for him.

That fucking Icyhot...I can't take this from her but I just want to fucking hit him...

"Hey um...(y/n) I have a question..." Ochaco's voice rang out from the crowd. Katsuki stealthily snaked his hand over yours, weaving your fingers together. The expression made you blush and caused your heart to soar.

"Yeah?"

"Um..." Her expression was low...almost, nervous. "What...are you...? How did you know who Hagakure was?" The room was silent, everyone looking at you. Only a select few knew who you were. Katsuki, Midoriya, Todoroki, Iida, and of course your sensei...but did you really want your class to know who you were? After you tried so hard to become the hero they were seeing now?

You didn't know what to do, but Katsuki's hand tightened around yours and suddenly you remembered that no matter what, it was Katsuki that was there to support you.

He was the one who pushed you to stay on his path, the one who talked you down after you spoke to All Might the first time, the one who was there to air your grievances about Stain. He never wavered when it came to you, and you learned from him how important honesty was. You needed to majorly thank your boyfriend when you eventually get out of the hospital.

"When I was transferred here, it was to investigate the USJ incident. The staff discovered that there was someone working with the League of Villains...and I was hired to be the person to protect the students and figure out what was happening from the inside. I'm what they call a hero mercenary, a person with the skillset of a hero but without the rules and regulations they follow. The downside of this is...I lived a very illegal life. Principal Nezu allowed me to stay here and be a normal student so I could one day be a real hero. I've been doing research and discovered Hagakure had some suspicious activity. She confronted me herself and the rest is history."

"Woah...so like the mercenary stuff like that sounds so cool?!" Kaminari responded quickly. The boys didn't seem affected by this news but the girls like Mina, Momo, and Ochaco especially seemed really upset about Hagakure. You felt the disappointment in your gut too...but it was replaced by anger. She put the people you loved most into danger without a care in the world, that type of sin could never be forgiven.

"Wait so you have like a hero's skill level?" Tsuyu asked.

You talked to your class, coming clean to them knowing they would be there and support you despite your earlier worries. You told them all you could say and answered as many questions as you could. 

Eraserhead looked over at you smiling and laughing in the hospital bed, almost as if you didn't fall into a short coma a few days before. You exceeded his expectations at this school, in fact, you exceeded the expectations of all the teachers that taught you. Eraserhead looked over at Katsuki who had a strong grip on your hand, his eyes never leaving you.

Who would have thought that a stranger entering my class would have been the one to tame Bakugo?

~~

The days have passed and you were set free from the hospital. The 'get well soon' gifts piled up for you coming from your class, All Might, the security you saved, Endeavor (who heard you were simply injured and nothing more), the Bakugo family, and even from the mysterious new friend Mirio. You immediately set out to work, considering it was a Friday afternoon and school was out for the weekend. You took the time to directly speak to Nezu, inquiring about the current predicament with interrogating Toru. You stepped into his office after vanishing from the hospital and immediately into UA.

"Ah Miss (y/n) it's so good to see you healed. I cannot thank you enough for everything you've done for us!" Nezu's soft-spoken voice broke the silence when he saw you walk through his office door, a focused expression on your face.

"Thanks Principal...I have to ask, how is the interrogation going?" Nezu put down his tea on a saucer and folded his hands on his dark polished wooden desk. 

"I can't say it's going well because she hasn't spoken aside from snide comments to myself and the police. Are you going to be assisting?" You smiled. You've been thinking about this plan while pinned up in the hospital.

"Principal Nezu, would it be correct that there would be a vacant seat in class 1-A after the departure of Hagakure?" Nezu thought for a moment before sipping his tea, having a semblance of an idea of what you were cooking up. 

And suddenly he understood.

"We had twenty students before, but yes we could keep twenty-one in the class. What are you proposing?" You gave your principal a sharp-toothed grin, one that resembled Katsuki's.

"There's a student I know that deserves that spot." 

~~

You finally got to go back to the Bakugo house with Mitsuki preparing a special curry dinner just for you. She insisted it was her grandmother's 'curry of life' that could heal wounds physically, emotionally, or spiritually.  Whatever it was, Katsuki seemed excited about it when he walked you from your dorm to the house. The blond boy helped you pack up your dorm for a bit, insisting that you stay in the house with them for a while so he could keep an eye on you. You made sure you brought a sword with you, keeping the Masamune blade locked up.

At this point, you didn't know when a fight would break out or when the League of Villains would attack. After all, their spy has been captured. It shouldn't be too long until another move was made by the League.

What would their next target be? You had to find out...after all, the class was relying on you to protect them.

Better yet, you wanted to protect the people you loved like Katsuki...and even All Might.

"You done yet? Or are you gonna just zone out the whole time, Extra?" Katsuki spoke with a bored and slightly annoyed tone. You finished putting some more clothes in your bag along with a hidden tanto.

"Yeah sweetheart just taking my good ole' time." Katsuki froze for a moment before bursting out laughing.

"Did you just fucking call me SWEETHEART?!" You turned around to see him leaning against your wall, his arms and ankles crossed with a carefree smile on his face. This peaceful moment with him made all the pain you sustained vanish.

He was worth it.

"Well you do taste so sweet." You flirted with the explosion quirk user. This comment took him off guard, his cheeks flushing with pink before walking slowly towards you.

"Me? Sweet?" The two of you were so close now, his right hand cradling your jaw and his left on your waist. 

"Hmm I'm not quite sure I remember...care to remind me?" You whispered against his lips. He chuckled pulling you in to meld your body to his warm one. The scent of caramel radiating off of his body created an aura that just felt like home

"Then come get a taste...sweetheart." His lips were on yours before you could respond, his tongue slipping past your lips. You melted in his arms, him holding you so tightly to him and your hearts beating simultaneously. He pushed you against your bed, leaning over you and pressing his body even further into you. You felt the excitement grow steadily in your chest as a primal heat burst inside you. Katsuki always seemed to incite these things within you, feelings you didn't quite understand but ones that you craved constantly. Katsuki pulled away from your lips just far enough to have space to speak.

"I was worried about you...you damned idiot. Take me with you next time...I can protect you." He kissed you again but this time it was different...as if he was hurting. You opened your eyes to see a single drop of water brewing in the corner of his own. You heart suddenly tightened.

He was genuinely scared for me... 

"But Katsuki...you're not a pro-hero yet...you can't legally act regardless if I'm in danger." Katsuki pulled back a little further, but this time to look at your face. He took notice of all of your features, the beauty within them. The idea that some asshole could have taken all of you away from him in just a moment...it didn't just infuriate him, it terrified him. 

He would protect you no matter what the cost. If saving you meant never becoming a hero, he'd find a way to make it happen.

He burrowed his large and warm hand under your head, gently holding it while his other one caressed your cheek.

"I don't care (y/n). I may not be a hero yet, but be damned sure I'll protect you. Always." 

~~

You waited until the Bakugo house was completely asleep before continuing the second part of your earlier plan of interrogation. The faster you knew the information you needed, the quicker the next attack could be predicted and prevented. Katsuki was fast asleep but you knew you didn't need him for this, you weren't going to be put in danger. If the League of Villains were smart, they would cut all ties with Toru and leave her stranded with the police. However, no one, not even you, was aware of her family connections.

You went to your target's home, knowing damn well you couldn't physically beat anything out of Toru like you would if you weren't working with the police. So the reaction to this was to ask for the help of a young hero that desperately wanted to climb the ranks.

A knock on an apartment door late at night woke the only person staying there. You stood outside of the door on this chilly night. You stole one of Katsuki's sweatshirts after he went to bed, knowing he'd be pissed but it is what it is. An annoyed groan was heard through the door before it creaked open.

"Can I help you-...oh? It's you. What are you doing here?" You looked at your fellow UA student with messy bed hair and tired eyes.

"I have a proposition to make. How would you feel about becoming a student in class 1A... Shinso?" The sleepy purple-haired teen slowly smirked.

"Whatever it is...count me in."

~~

A/N

Thank you all for the support of this story!

What would you all think of maybe one day having me write a book of one-shots or perhaps a Kaminari or Kirishima story? Let me know!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 6.3K 43
ห—หห‹ [ ๐๐ž๐š๐, ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฉ, ๐œ๐ซ๐ฒ, ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž. ] หŽหŠห— ยท๐–ฅธยท After the Symbol of Peace tells Izuku Midoriya he cannot become a hero...Midoriya followe...
2.1K 43 25
I grew up in a loving home. My twin brother, Izuku Midoriya, was obsessed with All Might. I wasn't obsessed with All Might though, I was obsessed wit...
414K 16.7K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...
16K 497 17
Just a normal love story of how two strangers met then fell in love. [ ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™š๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ] โš ๏ธŽโš ๏ธŽโš ๏ธŽ โœ๏ธŽ I do not own any of the characters of my hero a...