Limelight

By seventhirty3pm

Limelight parts 1,2, will all be included in this book. Part 3 will be separate. All her life Delilah Smith... More

Dear Reader
Cast
Fame
The Bronx
The Limelight
My Crème De La Crème
Whip Appeal
Breaking News
People Make The World Go Round
The Joneses' Boy
Encounters
Addition To Part One Cast
Adventures In The Bronx
The Show
The Papers, The Beginning
Daddy's Word
Exhibit A. Coming Out
There But For The Grace Of God Go I
Arosing Conflicts
Home
When Fate Calls
Road To Glory
Road To Glory Part 2
Destiny
Next Big Thing
The Bad, The Ugly
Brewing Plans
A Different Route
Killa's Kill
Something Like Resolutions
Solo Jackson
Reunited
With Ruin Comes Hope
The Closer We Get
With Hope Comes Ruin
A Night To Remember
There's A Candle For The Darkness
About-Faces
Pleasure & Pain
Portrait Of Havoc
Shades Of Gray
Voyage To Hollywood
Dear Reader
Cast
Legally Misguided
Talking Business
Chasing Inspiration
The Start Of The Beginning
He's The Greatest Dancer
Lights, Camera, Action
Time Is Of The Essence
Hollywood Swinging
Boogie Oogie Oogie
The Thrill Of It All
Addition To Part Two Cast
There's A Key For Locked Doors
'Tis The Season
Business Vs Pleasure
Never Can Say Goodbye
Time Waits For No One
Life In Oz
Bees, Buzz, And Honey
City Of Angels, Land Of Demons
Upside Down
All Is Fair In Love And War

California Dreaming

409 31 61
By seventhirty3pm

Reminder

This is a MUSIC-BASED BOOK and I've tried my best to time the music the best I could. If you want the full experience of "Limelight" then please press the video and enjoy.

All her life she was an ever-rolling wheel without a destination, but now she was going down a path that could lead to something and it was so strange to her. Everyone was put on this earth to do something but her something seemed so far away until now.

Delilah stared at her ceiling blankly in thought. She was finally getting somewhere, yet she still wondered why life had to take from her in the process...supply and demand perhaps. Deep down inside she knew that it was best for Raheem to leave but as selfish as it may sound she didn't want him to.

Her best friend...she'd miss the raspiness of his voice and even his annoying overbearing protectiveness over her... she'd miss how he played the piano, especially his favorite Donny Hathaway's A Song For You. She'd miss his snappy ways yet also his care for her even if it drove him to do stupid things like spend his entire savings or steal a dress his dad made.

The thought of that made her laugh with a shaking head as she turned over on her side to stop her thoughts before they could remind her of May 7th. Her eyes then landing on the vase of roses on her night stand...the beautiful constance spry and she smiled softly at the sight of them until she eventually closed her eyes.

...

Michael couldn't leave the studio no earlier than three in the morning if his schedule allowed it— he was obsessed with his music and perfection. If there was one mistake he'd worry about it all night instead of getting sleep and as he sat there softly pulling on his hair he could tell that tonight would be one of those nights.

" I'm leaving." Janet peeked through the door before walking in. " And you should too, it's getting late and you barely ate today."

" I'm fine I have water...and I'm almost done...just fixing a few things," Michael told her causing her to check her watch and roll her eyes, but before she said anything she noticed the song that he was working on.

" I like this, it's different from the song you were working on earlier," she smirked before taking a look at his songbook. " Sunset Driver—"

" Hey...cut it out..."

" What? I out of all people deserve to see a sneak peek of the album."

He closed his book and shook his head. " You and everyone else already get your sneak peeks every time we perform a single. Blame It On The Boogie, Destiny, and Even Though You're Gone... plus this ain't for the album."

She frowned as he paused the song. " Then what is it?" she asked to only get silence in return. " I heard about what happened... Marlon told me about the contract and yeah— they all mad just like they were with Jermaine. But this time even worse because you know why?"

" Why?" Michael asked dully causing Janet to nudge him.

" Because they know that you can't be replaced."

Her words made him think as he watched her grab her purse. " I hope you're still sending the rest of those Constance Sprys out," she said once reaching the door. " I'm tired of hiding them in my room and plus flowers don't live forever Romeo. Just like we won't. I'm not telling you to leave our brothers but if you wanna stay with them fine but if you don't stop wasting your time. " and with that, she walked out leaving Michael to stare where she once was.

...

Her legs opened for him like they did every once in a while. There inside of Mr. Smith's hotel room were them, indulging in another night of sin with each other. Another night of adultery while Mrs. Smith sat in the comfort of their bed, sipping on her glass of wine and listening to her favorite records with a picture in her hand.

It was the first picture they took on their wedding day. Mrs. Smith couldn't help but smile at it although it faded when she thought of how much he changed over the years.

...

Junior looked into his nightstand in search for his gun and frowned when it wasn't there. Then suddenly his door opened and Damon came in holding a bag so large that it blocked his face.

Junior sighed as he closed his nightstand.

" Okay I got everything you told me and –" he paused as he went through the bag. " But I forgot the damn Apple Heads."

Junior rolled his eyes as he walked out to the living room. He forgot that he promised Damon that they'd pull an all-nighter and eat to their stomachs hurt like they used to.

He still had to sell for Troy and tonight was the only night that was safe for him to do it. The streets didn't have any undercover cops nor were a lot of Skeletors selling.

Junior thought he could just wait it out until Damon went to sleep but he knew that wouldn't happen.

So he thought fast, he'd sell quick in time to get back. " You know I can't pull an all-nighter without my candy...I'll be right back." he stood and removed his hands from his pocket causing one of the small packets to fall out. But Junior didn't notice as he was on his way out the door though Damon did.

...

James Brown's voice filled the bar as Bobby looked at his cards before looking at the other men...some sketchy and some well dressed like the man before him.

Usually, he would be sitting back and enjoying his win, but tonight he wasn't so lucky. Around the table there were five other men but he only seemed to be playing against one man ... but unlike everyone else, he lacked knowledge of who it was. Ghost—Curtis, sitting with a fat cigar in his mouth and smirking slightly. There was big money on the line and Bobby's poker face was extremely transparent... it was clear that Bobby was out of luck in this game of Cut For High Card.

" How much is he in for Cobra?" Curtis whispered over to one of his men.

"Thirty-five big and after this depending on how it goes it might be forty Ghost."

Curtis sucked his teeth with a nod before he allowed Bobby to place his cards down, earning a few laughs and a couple of hisses from the people around him.

" Why the hell is this big-time record producer gambling anyway?" Curtis continued.

Cobra shook his head. " I heard he wasn't a hitmaker like he was and had to start from scratch... phase uno."

Curtis nodded and peered at Bobby as he placed the cards on the table earning louder hisses and laughs from the men around them.

" I'll give you a little time to get my money together. I'm going away soon but when I come back I want my money." Curtis said before dismissing himself from the scene.

...

Damon waited inside of Junior's room, knowing that he would come sneaking back through the window and sure enough he did. " Yo, sorry it took so long I brought some extra things and the police were out hounding for nothing."

" Or maybe for this." Damon lifted the packet causing Junior to curse under his breath. " I don't need you to explain what you doing out there it's fucking clear— it's been clear since I saw you at school with all that expensive shit— yeah ya moms a doctors but she don't get paid like one. The– man the only people that make it to the hospital is pregnant women or people that got some fucked up sex disease."

" Damon I don't wanna hear no damn lectures give me my shit and stop talking that loud before you wake my moms."

"What? You don't want her to know her Junior is a drug dealer! " Damon yelled and immediately Junior tackled him on the floor, pinned him down and grabbed the small packet.

" Stop fucking playing with me."

" No you stop fucking playing with your life man...drugs ain't the only thing I know you possessed ."

Junior's eyes squinted at him before he looked over to his nightstand. " Nigga where the fuck is it?"

" I don't know and that's good... you can't hurt nobody else or get hurt."

" What you mean hurt nobody else? What all do you know? You been spying on me or some shit?"

Damon's eyes closed as he thought about the night he attempted to dump the gun and he became weak again as he looked at Junior — contemplating on telling him his truths.

...

May 29th

Delilah smiled once she walked out of the apartment. Her family was waiting there just like they were the week before when Robert revealed his surprise. They showered her with hugs just like they did Alyssa and Valentina—Mrs. Smith on the other hand-kissing all over Delilah's cheek causing her to groan as she pushed away.

" Ma, you're getting red lipstick all ova my cheek." she attempted to rub it off before she hugged her brother.

" You sure it ain't no room in the trunk or in that suitcase?"Junior asked earning a playful eye roll from her as she softly pushed his face.

The last person there was her father waiting for her to approach him, he didn't look at her nor did he say anything he just gave her a simple hug before his eyes looked somewhere over her shoulder. She frowned slightly then turned around to see Mrs. Jones smiling with the red lipstick she always wore.

" Congratulations beautifuls..." was all she said to them as no one noticed her eye contact with Mr. Smith but Delilah.

Curtis called for her to wrap things up causing Levi to surprisingly offer to carry her bags to the cab. " I can't believe you're going to my home before me... here I wrote a list of the best food places —trust me Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles is the place to be. "

" Hm, I'll hold you to that." she smiled as she got in the cab. Valentina and Alyssa waved out the window while Delilah peeked her head through the sunroof to give one last wave as the cab drove away.

...

"Reporting live at the crime scene— a couple jogging regularly claimed that there was a stench that began to form around the area. The couple soon found the body of Latavius Antwon Sailor— Also known as Sincere, he was a member of the notorious Three Sixty...Detectives came to the conclusion that his murder was gang-related for a Skeletor member's ID was found near the crime scene, sixteen-year-old Fernando Navarro was arrested this morning and may spend the rest of his youth behind bars."

Junior and Damon peered at each other as they now sat in Damon's living room.

Delilah

My first time being on a plane was an emotional roller coaster. I nearly cried when the plane took off and every time we faced what Uncle Curtis said was turbulence. But once the plane finally stopped shaking my uncle encouraged me to look out the window– Looking out into the clouds made me smile as I felt a sudden peace with having a better view than every bird in the sky.

...

"We will prepare for landing in ten minutes." the lady announced as my Uncle shook me softly.

" When we land we're heading straight for the hotel so you girls can relax for a minute then when this jet lag ware off, I'll take y'all around... You ever heard of Venice Beach?" he questioned as I felt myself smile while I stretched again.

...

" Good afternoon my sunflowers. If you don't know I'm Jazzy Casey aiming to serve you the grooves to make you move. Coming up right now is Lipps Inc's Funkytown. "

Delilah and the girls gawked at the scenery around them. She never thought that she would actually see palm trees but here she was with her head out the sunroof and the wind tickling her face.

Alyssa and Valentina joined her causing all of them to share a bright smile.

" Damn who knew they made sunroofs this big." Valentina danced along to the song as the car drove the four of them down the streets of L.A— Where they spent their day touring around instead of resting like Uncle Curtis suggested.

Venice Beach, Hollywood walk of fame, and they even stopped at Roscoe's. L.A to her was like Oz to Dorothy, but Delilah had no desire to click her heels back to the Bronx.

...

The night came along fast and the Jackson's limo had just arrived to the Soul Train studio. Michael peered through the windows at the fans with a small smile. Since the album was now complete Michael felt as if a load had been taken off his shoulders.

Cameras flashed brightly in their eyes once the limo doors opened and the fans screamed until they reached their assigned dressing room.

Soul train

Being on the actual set of Soul Train sent chills down Delilah's spine as she looked around the place, the dancers stretching one last time and the workers setting up the place. Alyssa and Valentina held onto each other while they dealt with their excitement. Delilah as corny as it may sound tried to determine if it was real or not, but before she could even wrap her mind around it Curtis led them to Robert who smiled and hugged Delilah.

" Nice to see you Soul Madonnas— McFadden and Whitehead are getting ... themselves right." He chuckled slightly as he led them to their separate dressing room.

Don tapped his mic to check if it was on as the cameraman counted down and immediately he turned towards it in his nonchalant manner.

" Soul Train, the hippest trip in America. Today - my soul watchers we're on the night shift. Now last week's episode I warned you that we'd be airing at night since we do have some special guest ... and speaking of special I decided to do something different hints the old theme music, but anyways with that being said."

...

" Michael." Bobby peeked his head through the door. " Don just called you on stage."

Michael frowned along with his brothers. " Me?"

" Him?" they asked while Michael left the dressing room in curiosity.

When Michael appeared from behind the curtains the studio audience screamed as he slowly jogged and waved until he reached Don.

" Well hello Michael... last time you were here was 73... so I decided to bring you down memory lane. How you doing superstar?"

Michael chuckled as he took a seat next to him. " I'm doing fine and I hope you are too."

" I'm never better." Cornelius nodded and peered into the camera. " Now I won't hold you long, I'm sure you need to get back to your brothers — the other Jacksons but the fans have been buzzing with questions. Luckily for you I won't ask you all of them."

" Oh Please don't." Michael shook his head causing the both of them to laugh.

" Okay I'll spare you with two popular ones, the first one is. Are you single?" he smiled at Michael with raised eyebrows earning a sheepish one from him.

Michael took a deep breath then bit his lip.

" Yes, actually I am single. I'm just loving my music, that's the lady in my life for now."

" Ah, I see ... for now— but anyways speaking of your music this brings me to my last question. Are you... going solo?"

Michael tried his best to not show discomfort but it was written all over his face as he sat there in silence for a while.

Michael scratched the bridge of his nose and shook his head — denying this question that every interviewer asked him. " Uh no I'm not leaving the Jacksons I'm not going solo." Michael nodded with a closed smile.

" Yeah, alright there you have it give it up for thee Michael Jackson and up next as soon as I shut my trap we have Earth... Wind... and Fire! "

A/N

Thank you for 8k

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 5.3K 86
✔️COMPLETED✔️ MJFA 2019 WINNER 2018 FINALIST #wattys2019 |#1 in MJFanfiction| |#1 in Moonwalker| |#1 in MichaelJackson| ^^ Highest Ranks^^ This isn't...
36K 1.6K 48
She has a name for each man she pleases. He's determined to find out her real one. 2020 MJFAs Winner. [COMPLETED]
82.9K 1K 32
"𝙎𝙖𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙝 𝙢𝙮 𝙜𝙤𝙙, 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖...
5.4K 181 7
"Some people have purpose, others don't." GENIE MITCHELL could confidently say that she lived the most ordinary life. When moving to California, she...