Checkmate - RATED R

By Love_Bri94

She wasn't what he was used to....he had finally met his match. More

Cast
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twentyone
Twentytwo
Twentythree
Twentyfour
Q&A
Twentyfive
Twentysix
Twentyseven
Twentyeight
Twentynine
Thirty
Thirtyone
Thirtytwo
Thirtythree
Thirtyfour
Thirtyfive
Thirtysix
Thirtyseven
Thirtyeight
Thirtynine
Forty
Fortyone
Fortytwo
Fortythree
Fortyfour
Fortyfive
Fortysix
Fortyseven
Fortyeight
Fortynine
Fifty
Fiftyone
Fiftytwo
Fiftyfour
‼️
Fiftyfive
Fiftysix
Fiftyseven
Fiftyeight
Fiftynine
Sixty
Sixtyone
Sixtytwo
Sixtythree
Sixtyfour
Sixtyfive
Sixtysix
Sixtyseven
Sixtyeight
Sixtynine
Seventy
Seventyone
Seventytwo
Seventythree
Seventyfour
Before It Ends❤️
Seventyfive
Decision Day
🤧
‼️
Sequel
ONE MILLION!!
😤
‼️PSA‼️

Fiftythree

24.4K 928 973
By Love_Bri94

Whew, feels like it took me a lifetime to write this. 🥴 been super busy.

Warning, there's terrible photoshop below 🤦🏽‍♀️

Chapter Fiftythree
Mya Anderson
Miami, Florida - Chris turns 31

Today is my loves birthday and he has been in daddy mode. So, I decided to go and make him breakfast. Having a natural birth was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I bounced back so damn quick. Only thing I'm upset about is Landon not latching and me not even being able to produce enough milk to pump. So formula it is. My breast are heavy as hell though, I feel like I should have enough milk to feed a damn nation of starving babies.

But anyway, Landooooon...I'm so in love. He's truly a blessing and I am so glad that he's here. And he's such a good baby. All he does is sleep and eat, barely cries. I had to ask the nurse if that was normal. She said yes and I should definitely be happy. I'm so in love with his hair! He has so much of it and it explains my heartburn. I can't wait for it grow out.

Placing Chris's food on a plate and grabbing his drink, I headed upstairs. He was fast asleep and Landon was lying next to him, woke. His tiny eyes moved around while he squirmed.

"Chris." I called while sitting down his drink. "Christopher."

"Hm."

"Wake up, I made you some breakfast."

His eyes slowly peeled open then he looked at the baby, then up at me. "What you say?"

"I made breakfast baby, here's your plate."

Chris stretched before sitting up. "Thank you baby."

"You're welcome. Happy birthday love." I passed him his plate then kissed his lips.

"Oh shit, it is my birthday."

"Mmhm, my old man is 31." I kissed him again.

"Shit, 9 years from 40." He shook his head before digging into his food.

I went and washed my hands then picked up my baby. "Hi boo. Good morning my love."

"Man we had a staring contest for 20 minutes before he fell asleep earlier."

"You guys are the cutest."

"This breakfast good as hell baby, damn....where yo plate at?"

"I'll eat in a minute even though I don't need to."

"Why not?"

"This weight needs to fall off and French toast smothered in bananas and strawberries and syrup isn't going to help."

"You just gave birth two days ago, weight should be the last thing you thinking about."

"I'm not trying to be walking around looking look like a whale Chris."

"Mya, chill out. You haven't even gain weight man."

I didn't respond. If I say I'm fat, then I'm fat sis.

I let him finish his food while I just talked to Landon until he ended up falling asleep. Chris let out a big ass burp causing me to look over at him. "That was fucking gross." I turned my nose up.

"That food was amazing baby. Great way to start my birthday. Some pussy woulda been good too but oh well."

I laughed. "Come downstairs with me." I got up and we headed down to the kitchen. Once Chris put his plate away, he washed his hands and took Landon right out my arms. "Damn can I hold my son?!"

"Yeah....later. It's my birthday so he's going to be with me all day."

I rolled my eyes. "Follow me." I started walking to the front.

"What's out here?"

"You'll see." Opening the door I stepped back so that he could walk out first.

"Mya."

"What?"

"Why you do this man?"

"Because I wanted to, happy birthday daddy." I smiled.

He looked at me and then smirked, then walked over to his birthday gift.

"This bitch is cold as hell." Chris said. "Damn baby."

"I knew you'd love it."

"Lan look at what mommy bought us man." He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me. "Mya you really did not have to do this."

"You're so used to people never doing shit for you but you're going to have to change all that. You buy me shit, I buy you shit and that's just how it goes, got it?"'

"Got it."

"Good now go open the door."

"Why?"

"Just open it."

He exhaled then went to open the door. A bunch of gifts sat inside. "Damn man!"

All I could do was smile at how happy he was.

"How much you spend?" He asked.

"Chris that doesn't matter. Let me show you my favorite gift though." I reached inside the car and grabbed a jewelry box, I opened it showing him a necklace that was half of a heart. "I saw this when I went got your other gift and I thought it was dope. You have one half the heart and I have the other half. And they link together magnetically."

"That's dope baby." He pulled me close and kissed my lips. "I'll never take it off."

We kissed again.

"I have a couple surprises for you today."

"Baby you don't have to do anything for me today. Being with you and my son is more than enough."

"Blah blah blaaaaaah. Give me my son and go get dres—."

"AHHHHHHH!" Tim screamed like a bitch causing me and Chris to look at him like he was insane.

"Boy what the fuck?!"

"Mya! I knew you was my favorite sister for a reason! A Lamborghini truck though?! And it's red bitch SUUWOOOP!"

"Nigga that's not yours!"

"Who's it then? I know it ain't his." He pointed at Chris.

"Um duh."

"Mya, why would you buy you this rich ass nigga a Lamborghini truck? He could buy all of us one. He don't need this shit."

"It's his birthday."

"Man I done came out here all excited and shit. He don't even look excited, take this shit back sis."

"Why you hating Tim damn?" Chris laughed.

"Cause I'm jealous bitch."

Every time this fool is around all I do is shake my head.

"You got chicks buying you Lambo trucks, these hoes barely wanna buy me shit! They always got they damn hand out. Tiiiim let me get 40 dollars, you know bitches always need 40 dollars." He continued.

"Well that's how you know you fuck with cheap hoes, a real woman don't need nothing cause she already got it." Chris said while wrapping his arm around me and kissing my forehead.

"Bloop!" I said before sticking out my tongue.

"Y'all make me sick." Tim gagged.

"Don't hate nigga...aye you tryna go hoop? Yo sister kicking me out the house." Chris said.

"Hell yeah. I'm about to go jump in the shower."

"Me too....here baby." He handed me Landon. "Thank you again I love you."

"I love you."

We kissed then me and Landon headed inside the house.

I laid down and watched TV until Chris left. I placed Landon down then went and grabbed my phone and started getting everything ready for his next surprise.

•••

A couple hours later, the doorbell rang, and I headed downstairs to open the door.

"Where's my nephew?" Mariah said barging in. Munchie and Eva right behind her.

"Well hello to you too rude ass! He's upstairs sleeping."

"Nope, wake him up. TT's baby has to be on a sleeping schedule."

We all headed upstairs.

"He is so handsome Mya." Eva said while looking down at Landon.

"Thank you."

"How you feeling? You're coochie feeling regular?" Munchie ignorant ass asked.

"My coochie feels fine."

"Where's the birthday boy?"

"He went to play basketball with Tim and that's why I called you guys over here. I'm about to set him up a little surprise party. He doesn't want to really do anything but since his friends and his mom is here, we might as well do something."

"That's cool." Eva said. "What you need?"

"I made a list and I'm going to send it to you guys. I have a few deliveries coming and I need help setting them up. They usually only play basketball for a couple hours so we gotta move fast. I asked Tim to keep him out a little longer but he's an idiot so that may not happen. Mom and mama J should be here any minute to watch Landon and dad is cooking for him."

"Chris better wife your ass, that's all I know." Munchie said. "The most these hoes do is buy him a cheap ass cake."

I laughed while getting up. "I'm going to jump in the shower and make myself decent for my man."

"You just had a baby you have every right to look like a homeless man." Mariah said causing me to flip her off.

Going into the closet, I looked through Chris's clothes for something to wear. I chose a balenciaga Jersey then grabbed my black biker shorts.

After grabbing everything else I need I got into the shower. When I got out I put on a little make up, then placed my hair into a low bun and got dressed.

"I love that you're relaxed but look cute as hell." Eva said when I walked into the room.

"Thanks."

The door bell rang again and I headed down to open the door.

"Mama J— AHHHH is that my RoRo!" I rushed over to her and picked her up.

"Hi Mya! I've missed you."

"Oh my goodness I've missed you too."

Two days ago when Chris was sleep, I talked to Nia and for a while. She gave me advice on babies and all of that and I let Royalty see Landon and I saw her beautiful daughter Sinatra. I asked her if Royalty could come see her dad for his birthday. He would be missing out on his visitation time due to him being in Miami so this would be dope. She said that she would see and I said okay, honestly just accepting that Royalty wasn't coming so I am VERY surprised to see her. I really want to cry right now.

"You wanna go see your little brother?" I asked while putting her on my hip and walking into the house.

"Yes!"

"Okay, let's go see Landon."

We all headed upstairs. For the first time my baby was crying because Mariah was changing his diaper. And for some strange reason I wanted to cry too.

"Oh no Riah! He doesn't like you, he never cries." I said.

"Girl bye. He just didn't want this stinky booty changed." She laughed. "Aunty is almost done Pooh." Her baby voice took over.

"Let's go wash your hands Royalty so you can hold him." I took into the bathroom.

"Where's my daddy?"

"He's playing basketball but he will be back soon and he's going to be so surprised when he sees you. We have to find you a good hiding spot so you can jump out and scare him."

"I wanna hide in the closet."

"We'll make it happen."

Once we washed her hands, I took her into the room and helped her climb onto the bed. Mariah walked over to her and placed him in her arms.

"He looks like daddy." Royalty said.

"He does, doesn't he? Only thing he got of mine is my nose."

"Hi baby brother."

I grabbed my phone took pictures of them and recorded Royalty talking to him.

All I can do right now is smile.

This is the most beautiful moment ever.

Chris Brown
Miami Heat Practice Gym

"Bro you gotta play some fucking defense. These niggas making easy buckets cause you won't check them! Get yo head in the fucking game Tim." I yelled.

He grabbed his knees trying to catch his breath. "I swear to god when we leave this motherfucka, I'm beating yo ass."

I waved my hand at him and went to sit down. After drinking some of my Gatorade, I got my phone to text Mya.

"He think because it's his birthday I won't beat his ass. But watch this shit. I'm snuffing the perm out his muhfucking head." Tim said, still talking shit. 

I laughed and flipped him off. "This good hair bitch unlike those nappy headed hoes you fuck with."

"oNLy wAnNa fUcK tHe bLaCk bItChEs wIth nIcE hAIr, HEAD ASS!"

"Fuck you!"

My phone vibrated on my lap.

After that I started scrolling through Instagram, liking all the Birthday posts.

I went to Mya page and liked the post she made and commented.

Man I love this girl. My day has just been amazing since I woke up. I also love the way things have been between us. It's only been a few days but shit is perfect. Mya might be right about a curse over LA because whenever we're in Miami it's nothing but good vibes.

I wish I could relocate but being that far from Royalty, I don't think I can do it. Even though i'll be far away from Landon once I head back home. This is hard, I wish things would've went differently back in Cali but it is what it is. Being here keeps Mya happy and that's all I want, for her to be happy.

The door to the gym opened causing me to looking up. A couple guys I didn't know know walked in, but when the final person stepped through the door I immediately got hot.

"Treeeey, wassup family!" Tim yelled as they slapped hands.

Damn so he cool with her family too?

I haven't seen or spoken to Trey since that shit happened with him and Mya. She was foul and so was he. We supposed be like brothers but you wanna push up on my girl. That shit is wack!

I watched as he walked around speaking to whoever he knew. Eventually he looked at me. "Oh shit! It's the birthday boy." He walked over to where I was. "What up nigga?"

He held his hand out and I lazily slapped it. "Aye let me holla at you real quick." I said while getting up.

"Alright."

We went out into the hallway.

"What's up man?" He asked. "Aye congratulations on the new baby."

"Thanks....look I wanna talk to you about Mya."

He let out a smile laugh. "What about her?"

"I know this shit happened a while ago but I didn't appreciate how you had your hands on my girl."

"If I recall you was on Instagram flirting with other bitches. I didn't think you two was that serious and the way she was on me, let me know what was up."

"But you still saw her with me, nigga. No matter what videos you saw, the last thing you should've did was put you hands on her."

"Man I've done way more than wrap my arms around her. Should I be mad at you for dealing with what was once mine?"

"Just because y'all fucked once don't mean she was yours."

"Oh so she told you...that's why you so pressed."

"Naw I'm pressed because I thought we was family but you thought it was cool to push up on my girl."

He laughed again.

"Why the fuck do you think this shit is funny?" I asked.

"Because I still can't believe you tripping over a girl like Mya. Her name ring bells all around because she opened to her legs to any nigga with money and yo dumb ass got her pregnant. Congratulations Breezy, you got another hoe pregnant clown!"

You know I snapped. My fist went straight into his face causing him to stumble. Next thing you know we fighting in the middle of the hallway.

Eventually everybody came rushing out.

I slammed this bitch ass nigga on the floor and just as my foot was about to connect with his face, I was pushed away.

"WHAT THE FUCK YOU DOING NIGGA?!" Tim yelled.

I tried to get around him but he kept pushing me back.

"CHILL BROWN! CHILL!"

"I bet you won't say shit else bitch!" I yelled.

"Let's go man! You tripping B!"

I just looked at Tim.

"WALK NIGGA!" He yelled.

Shaking my head I made my way out the building. I climbed in the passenger seat of my car and Tim got in on the drivers side.

"Nigga what the fuck was that?!" He asked.

"I don't even wanna talk about it."

"Well you got to. You was just fighting somebody that you was cool as hell with. What happened bro?"

Sighing I ran my hand over my face. "I wanted to talk to him about the whole situation with Mya. I was telling him that he shouldn't haven't been all up on her knowing that we was together. He started talking shit about her, he called her a hoe and said that she opened her legs to every rich nigga that she came across."

Tim's jaw clinched. "Tell me you lying?"

"Naw man. I don't play about that woman, he wasn't about to disrespect her like that."

"Let me get out this parking lot before I kill that nigga."

The ride to Mya's was quiet. I unlocked my phone and opened the camera to see if he did anything to my face.

"Fuck." I said once I saw the long scratch under my eye and the others on my forehead.

"Mya gone be pissed man."

"If she asks don't tell her I fought him, just say it was some weak ass nigga we was hooping with."

"Man you better hope it wasn't cameras in that hallway. You know somebody gone leak that shit."

"Shit man! That last thing I need right now is some drama."

"I know. Tell Mya, let her know what went down."

"I will."

When we got to the house I headed inside the smell of food ran up my nose. It's only one person who's cooking smells this damn good. Walking into the kitchen, Mya and her dad were cooking.

Her dad pointed towards me.

Mya looked at me, she had to do a double take. "Oh my god Chris what the fuck happened?!" She rushed to me and held my face.

"Can you clean these for me?" I pointed at my scars.

She just grabbed my hand and led me to the bathroom. Once she got the peroxide and cotton swabs, she told me to sit down. "What happened Chris?"

"I fought trey."

She quickly stepped back. "EXCUSE ME?! Trey? As in Tremaine?!"

"Yes Mya."

"What the entire fuck? Why Chris what the hell happened?"

"He said some foul shit about you and I wasn't about to let that shit fly."

"What did he say? Don't sugarcoat nothing for me."

"......he called you a hoe and said you're popular because you fuck all the rich niggas."

Mya's eyes grew, then watery. "Wow."

"I know how shit was with you Mya and that's why I did what I did. Fuck him man."

"Niggas are terrible. I can't believe him." A tear dropped down her face.

"Aye man don't cry." I quickly stood up. "That nigga ain't worth it. You know who you are and what you did and I know. That's all that matter. He probably just hating because he couldn't get you like I got you. And you know what baby, we're just gonna keep making these niggas mad, alright?"

She nodded. "Okay."

"Cool....I love you."

"I love you too."

I pulled her into a tight hug.

"This shouldn't be happening on your birthday." She said.

"It's cool, my day ain't ruined."

"Good...can you go upstairs and grab my phone?"

"Of course." I kissed her lips then walked out the bathroom and made my way upstairs. When I walked into the room, I quickly stopped and my eyes grew. "Royalty?"

She looked up and a huge smile peeled across her face. "Daddy!" She jumped off the bed and ran over to me. I picked her up and held her tight. "Happy Birthday."

"Thank you boo boo....what are you doing here?"

"Mya asked mommy if I could come see you for your birthday. Meme took me on your plane."

"She did? That's what's up. I'm so happy to see you!"

"I'm happy to see you too. And my brother."

"Yeah."

A hand touched my back. I quickly looked over at a smiling Mya. "Surprise." She said.

"Thank you so much baby. You're amazing."

"You're welcome, anything for you."

•••

I glanced around as everybody sung happy birthday to me. After chilling with Ro for a while, Mya had the backyard set up for me. Endless weed, Hennessy and her dads cooking. All my bros was here, she had a jumbo screen and all the games I love. Today was amazing despite that weak ass fight.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CHRIIIS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!"

"Make a wish daddy." Royalty said.

I looked at her, then over at Mya and Landon. I sent a wink her way before blowing out the candle. I pulled Mya in closer then kissed her lips. We just stared into each other's eyes.

I'm going to marry this woman.

Mark my words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 21.2K 68
Mya and Chris take on the married life. Will they be able to handle all of the obstacles that it brings Tim is trying to turn over a new leaf after...
283K 10K 37
When she wanted to forget her first one night stand, he wanted to remember it forever.
158K 4.5K 30
"Carrie were done." Those 3 words broke my heart.
5.5K 350 28
...