ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanficti...

By Iris270902_

[Under editing] Anam Cara : A person with whom you can share your deepest thoughts, fears and feeling. ... More

• Nandini Murthy •
• Manik Malhotra •
1. A Tune that Struck
2. Tangled Cords
3. Negotiations
4. Cupids
5. Frustration & Feelings
6. Mending with a Thread
7. An Eventful Evening
8. Locked Away
9. Bending To His Will
10. Shattering Prejudices
11. "She Is A Mystery!"
12. Poking The Tigress
13. Pulling The Breaks
chapter 15 : Imagination
chapter 16 : Preparations
chapter 17 : My Buddy
chapter 19: Drunken Moments
chapter 20 : Aftereffects
chapter 21 : Surprises And Shocks.
chapter 22 : Love Story
chapter 23: The Bachelor's
chapter 24: Ammu
chapter 25 : Past By The Sea
Chapter 26: I Am With You
chapter 27 : Stalking Him
Chapter 28 :Forlorn Lanes
Chapter 29 : The Escape.
Chapter 30 : Realization Hits!
Chapter 31: #Muku ka Abhi
Chapter 32: The Family Brunch
Chapter 33 : Unofficially Official
Chapter 34 : Indirect Confession
Chapter 35: The Language of Love
Chapter 36: Growing Relations
Chapter 37: Ray of Hope
Chapter 38: Mantra For Life
Chapter 39 : Misson Is On.
Chapter 40: A Whole New World
Chapter 41: Sanam Mere Sanam
Chapter 42: One Time Wonder
Chapter 43: The Fab 5
Happy New Year!!!
Chapter 44 : Coupling
Chapter 45: Solitude
Chapter 46: A Day Out
Chapter 47: Sunset And You
Chapter 48 : Re-living
Chapter 49: Goodbyes
Chapter 50: Without You...
Chapter 51: Tashan
PROMO
Chapter 52 : The Begining of US
Chapter 53: The Night of Love
Chapter 54 : Flowers for You
Chapter 55: Will you be my date?
Chapter 56: Understanding Manik
Chapter 57 : My Metanoia
Chapter 58 : Badimaa
Chapter 59 : The Charity Gala
Chapter 60 : Broken
Chapter 61: Bhula Dena Mujhe
Chapter 62 : THE Day
Chapter 63: Truth of The Past (1)
Chapter 63: Truth of the Past (2)
PROMO
Chapter 64: The Last Fight
Chapter 65: Forever?
(Bonus) Chapter 66: The Sea of Love
Sequal

chapter 18: Manan Missing??

4.2K 315 12
By Iris270902_

Nandini came out from the hall running insanely. She was out of breath when she reached the terrace. She threw her dupatta in a corner and took steady and slow steps towards the railing. She could hear the faint noises of blasting music from downstairs yet nothing was more loud than her own thumping heart. Just an hour before she was so happy that she got her buddy back and now the news that he has lost his memory of the two most important years of his and Nandini's life made her shocked. Nandini wasn't able to interpret if that's good for her or bad. At that point of time Nandini's mind had stopped working. She looked aimlessly towards the sky ,her whole attention on those small shiny stars which peeked from the dark black clouds hovering over the city. She seemed to be lost in those intricate cloud pattern. Her eyes moved towards her right and she saw some liquor bottles kept there. For Nandini the ways to take out her pain and desperation have always been restricted. She had only few options. She will drive a car very fast and rash or she'll lock herself in a room and break all the things or the last and rarely used option was that she'll get heavily drunk. Right then the last option was her only option. She wasn't someone who gets drunk easily and often but when she does no one can handle her. Not even Aryaman. It has been a long time since she touched alcohol. She moved towards those bottles and sat down removing her heels in front of them. She drank one bottle then another and then another.

On the other hand, Manik who saw Nandini rushing out of the hall came out too following her, but Nandini was so fast in her bid of desperation that she out run him. Manik stood at the entrance of the hall looking for Nandini. As he was standing at a distance from Nandini and Dhruv he wasn't able to understand what they were talking about. He wanted to find out what Dhruv had said that angered or depressed Nandini so much that she left the party mid way? He knew only one person can answer this , but right now Nandini needed him the most. He taking a blind guess moved towards the terrace.

Back in the party, Aryaman was looking for Nandini. Last when he saw her she was happy and dancing with Dhruv, but now he could see only Dhruv in the hall. He went to talk to him.
A: Dhruv have you seen Nandini? She was dancing with you few minutes back and now I can't find her any where. Do you have any idea where did she go?
D: Arya she was dancing with me , we were remembering our old memories but then suddenly she walked away saying she has some work.
Aryaman found it to be weird. He knew something must have happened to which Nandini's response would have to been shut herself out.
A: Dhruv can you please tell me what exactly did you tell him just before she went.
Dhruv after thinking for a moment said : I told her about my memory loss.
A:Memory loss?
D: Yeah buddy because of an accident i lost my memory from the age of 18 to 20.
A: What? Is it really true?
D : Yeah Arya it's true
A: oh... Okay. I'll see you soon. Bye.
Aryaman putting the pieces together understood how Nandini must have been feeling. He was very worried for Nandini. He knew how she'll react to . He fanaticaly looked around for Nandini but failed to locate her. Suddenly a thought came to his mind. He remembered Manik staring at the duo while they were dancing and Aryaman knew that he would be too jealous. And he couldn't see Manik also. Again putting two and two together he came to the conclusion that maybe Manik had seen Nandini going out and went behind her. He was relieved a little bit but wanted to confirm it. He too stepped out looking for both Manik and Nandini.

Other side on the stage Cabir with Alya was talking to Mukti and Abhi when suddenly Mukti said, " Cabir where is Manik? i wanted to introduce him to someone "
A: Yaa! I too haven't seen him from quite a long time
Ab: Cabir call him and ask where is he?
Cabir calls Manik but he doesn't answer. He dials two three times but no one picks it up.
C: He's not answering.
Abhi gets a little worried : Where has he gone without telling? He never does this.
Cabir sensing his worry said : Don't worry he must here only because of this loud music he must not have heard the ring.
He somehow managed to satisfy everyone but he himself was a little worried about Manik. After coming down from the stage, he left the hall Looking for Manik, when something struck him.
Cabir's pov
Where has this Man disappeared? He's not even picking up the call. God knows where and in which state he is. I hope he's alright. Wait a minute! (stopping in his tracks) where is Nandini? She is also missing. Both of them are missing 🤔 something is definitely cooking now.

Manik stood at the threshold of the door leading to the terrace. The door was open slightly. Manik peaked inside and saw Nandini sitting just a few steps away from the railing , having a bottle of alcohol in her hands which just had dregs left in it and 3 bottles lying there. EMPTY. Manik gasped at the scene right in front of her eyes. He hadn't expected to see Nandini in this condition. He himself doesn't drink much. Only occasionally. He threw open the door and ran towards her and snatched the bottle from her. Nandini looked up at Manik but wasn't able to recognize him. She scrunched her eyebrows, thinking hard that who is standing in front of her. After a few minutes she shrugged off trying and tried to snatch the bottle from him. Manik pulled his hand back not letting Nandini touch the bottle. This angered Nandini, she stood up fiercely and stared hard at Manik with an enraged expressions. Manik was not even a bit scared this time. He knew what he was doing was for Nandini's good so he stood there fearlessly.
N: Look who so ever you are just give me my bottle back.
M: No Nandini you are not drinking more.
N: who are you to stop me?
Manik was tonguetied as he knew she hadn't recognized him. He didn't know what to answer still he made an attempt.
M: Nandini it doesn't matter.
N: It does! Who are you?
Saying this Nandini walked in closer while Manik took his hand having the bottle behind himself. Nandini pushed Manik from his chest a little and again asked him the same question. She did this one more time whereas Manik was transfixed not knowing what to do. When she was about to do it again, Manik held her hands behind her back and said "ssshhhh". Nandini stopped wriggling when she sensed his touch. Even though she was drunk and couldn't recognize Manik, his touch was still familiar to her. She instantly calmed down and looked properly at him.
She lifted her hands to cup his face. Manik was startled yet calm with her touch. His big brown eyes were drowning into her light brown ones. An unintentional smile creeped on his face. They both were looking at each other. Dwelling in the intimacy, Manik left Nandini's hand and his hand move towards her bare waist. He threw the bottle which landed in front of the door broken into pieces. Now, he was clutching her waist with both his hands. Nandini and Manik's breath were heavy and uneven. Manik's bare finger on her waist was arousing her. Her eyelids fluttered down not able to look at Manik with the same intensity as his. A shy smile spread across Nandini's face which was enough to give Manik's heart wings. Manik took his one hand to her chin while the other securely held her waist. He kept his finger on her chin and made her look into his eyes. A red hue took it's place prominently on Nandini's face, seeing which Manik said, " This blush Nandini, which comes because of me, makes you look like an angel, you look celestial". He traced her red cheeks with his fingers, feeling the softness of her skin. Nandini had clutched Manik's sherwani tightly . Manik was trying his best to control himself but the innocent look on Nandini's face was compelling. He bent to her level and gently placed his lips on her cheeks and Nandini closed her eyes in absolute pleasure and joy. Though Nandini was heavily drunk, she was enjoying his touches. He separted from her and then looked again in her eyes which were still closed as she tried to overcome that sense of gaiety.

Other side Aryaman was looking for Nandini and Manik. He searched in all possible places but couldn't find even a trace of them. Now all his hopes were pinned to the terrace area as it was the only place where he hadn't looked for them. He raced towards the terrace only to find the door open. He heaved a sigh of relief as he saw the door open. He moved closer to the door and peeped inside and was shocked.
He could see Manik holding a bottle of liquor with one hand and Nandini's both hands by other hand. Seeing the 3 bottles empty beside them he was quick to understand the situation.

Aryaman's pov
I came thinking that maybe Nandini is in trouble or trauma and here they both are having a gala time. Nandini is heavily drunk, will Manik be able to handle her? I couldn't atleast. They both look so complete together . Oooo temperature are soaring today...oh my god is Nandini blushing? Nandini Murthy is blushing? Definitely a sight to behold. We'll what am I doing here let the couple have some private time together. (turn around to leave) Haha I have a naughty idea 💡💡.

He took out his mobile phone and silently clicked a few pictures of them in that pose and then thought, " you're into deep trouble my friends I'm not gonna leave this chancee😁" . He then silently moved back to the party with firm will of not letting anyone disturb them.

As he was moving down the stairs he saw Cabir in a worried state looking here and there.
Ar : What happened Cabir? Are you looking for someone?
C: Yeah man have you seen Manik?
Aryaman laughed covering his face with his hand. Not expecting this reaction from him Cabir asked : what's making you laugh so much?
Aryaman pointed towards the terrace door. Cabir looked at the door but didn't understand the reason of Aryaman's amusement . He too climbed the stairs and peeped through the door with Aryaman beside him. His eyes widen in shock. He almost screamed," Oh teri!! " when Aryaman covered his mouth. "Sshhhh" he said. Cabir calmed down a little and then in whisper said," what the hell is going on? "
Aryaman smiled and whispered, " love bro love " Cabir smiled and said, "Finally!! Manik Malhotra has found love". Aryaman too smiled and then showed him the picture he clicked. Cabir instantly understood what's this for. He hi fied him in air and winked whispering, " Let's leave the couples alone for today because we're going to have some fun tomorrow ". Both the evil minds then moved down.

PRECAP : "Ouchhh...Manik! " said Nandini. Hearing her voice Manik rushed towards her.

"Manik it's raining " said Nandini childishly. Manik smiled at this new found child Nandini.

"change my clothes naa Manik " Nandini requested. Manik eyes bulged out "Whattt?? Change your clothes Nandini? Are you mad" Nandini got angry and said, " I won't sleep then go. Don't show me your face ever. " Manik was confused what to do now.

What will Manik do now? What happened to Nandini that she yelped in pain? How Nandini reacts to Mumbai rains?

Guysss stay tuned and wait for the next one. Thanks for reading❤❤. Vote if you want to. I won't ask for suggestions from now thanks for telling me that you won't ever answer my questions.😃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 28.8K 101
hey guys....finally am back with another story...... this is gonna be truely a cute romantic and ambitious story of a 16 year old bubbly girl studyin...
1M 67.4K 122
Parth samthaan as manik Niti taylor as nandini
288K 37.5K 53
It's all about amending and embracing souls to walk through a destiny.. ❤️
53.4K 5.6K 49
Aaj tak tumne bahut si kahaniya padhi aur suni hogi . Kabhi Aisa hua hai ki hero hi apne pyaar ki jaan lene ke liye majboor ho ? Ek taraf vo usey pur...