Keep Me Warm (Niall Horan)

DiamondsintheSun द्वारा

[THE SEQUEL IS UP NOW, IT'S CALLED BIRDS] Maddie was just an ordinary girl. She worked in a music shop, and s... अधिक

Chapter 1. Welcome to my life.
Chapter 2. Whyyawannabringmedown.
Chapter 3. Behind enemy lines.
Chapter 4. Try, try, try (Just to be nice).
Chapter 6. Brighter than the Sun.
Chapter 7. Playa boi (Don't you mess with me).
Chapter 8. (Drag your heart up to) the starting line.
Chapter 9. Circles.
Chapter 10. Writing songs (about you).
Chapter 11. Why can't we be friends?
Chapter 12. World of chances.
Chapter 13. Come to me.
Chapter 14. Say you like me.
Chapter 15. Bite my tongue.
Chapter 16. Dark Side.
Chapter 17. First date.
Chapter 18. Dance with me tonight.
Chapter 19. Hold me in your arms.
Chapter 20. Misguided ghosts.
Chapter 21. Count on me.
Chapter 22. Fallin' for you.
Chapter 23. Mine.
Chapter 24. Love at 10th sight.
Chapter 25. Magic.
Chapter 26. Kiss me.
Chapter 27. Little Things.
Chapter 28.Turn around(together nothing can stop us now).
Chapter 29. Afraid of losing you.
Chapter 30. Fight for you.
Chapter 31. I lied.
Chapter 32.Goodbye my lover (you have been the one).
Chapter 33. Christmas lights.
Chapter 34. Save you.
Chapter 35. Everything has changed.
Chapter 36. Breaking your own heart.
Chapter 37. I hate myself for losing you.
Chapter 38. Oath (to you).
Chapter 39. I almost do.
Chapter 40. Hummingbird heartbeat.
Chapter 41. Junk of the heart (Happy).
Chapter 42. Be your everything.
Chapter 43. The heart never lies.
Chapter 44. Obsessed with you.
Chapter 45. Love is Easy (Final Chapter)

Chapter 5. She will be loved.

118K 1.8K 459
DiamondsintheSun द्वारा

Hi guys!! Here you have Chapter 5, hope you're enjoying the story! :) Let us know what you think of it! :) Thanks for reading :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Look for the girl with the broken smile,

ask her if she wants to stay awhile.

And she will be loved.'

Leigh and I were walking to the shop where we worked.

“Are you playing today at the bar?” she asked.

“Yes.”

“Nate and I will go see you” she said, looking happy.

“Did you guys sort everything out?”

“Yes, he just thought I wanted to get with Harry.”

“Don’t you?”

“No! I just have a weird obsession over him. I’d never date him! Harry is like… my celebrity crush.”

“That’s not what it looked like yesterday.”

“Maddie, I’d just met my idol, what did you expect me to do, to be talking to Nate?” 

I shrugged my shoulders.

“What time are you playing?” she asked.

“From 7 on, I think.”

“Cool.”

Today is Friday, so I had to play at a friend’s bar. It’s not that got much money for doing it, but I needed it anyway. I still had to think about the songs I was going to play. But now I have my shift at the shop, although I didn’t feel like working there after my encounter with Harry and Niall yesterday. I saw Leigh texting someone, which I didn’t find weird, since she was always on her phone. She put her phone back in her bag, smiled and we started working.

Harry’s POV

I received a text from Leigh; I’d been waiting for it the whole day.

From: Leigh.

Maddie plays at the bar at 7, see you there (:

I smiled and told Liam and Louis. We wanted Niall to see Maddie again, because they were going crazy. Liam and Louis said they’d come with me, now I just had to call Zayn, who was at Perrie’s. We called him and he accepted. We wouldn’t tell Niall, obviously, if he knew he wouldn’t come.

Maddie’s POV

When we finished our shift we went to have lunch with Nate, and then headed back home. I locked myself in my room so I could rehearse the song I’d play at the bar. The first four would be Boomerang, She will be loved, Falling in love and Rythm of love. When I was done with the rehearsals I noticed it was 6.30 already, so I headed to the bar.

Niall’s POV

I was waiting for the lads, since we were hanging out all together. Harry wanted to go to some bar someone has recommended to him, but I didn’t really feel like going. I couldn’t stop thinking about the kiss. It didn’t mean anything to any of us; however, it’d been special and had changed my opinion about her. I wanted to get to know her, I wanted to get on with her, and that was going to be hard. I heard the doorbell rang and got up from the sofa, and I found the lads at the door. We started talking about the bar we were going, Harry said a girl with a great voice was playing there today. I noticed Harry’s eyes were on me, raising his eyebrow. I smiled at him and looked out the window, but he kept on staring me, which I found quite uncomfortable.

“Harry, what’s up?” I asked him.

“Why didn’t you tell us you kissed Maddie yesterday?”

I couldn’t say a word. How did he know? Everyone was looking at me, and I shrugged my shoulders.

“Why did I have to? It didn’t mean anything.”

“Did you kiss Maddie?” Liam asked.

“Yes.” I sighed.

“But, why did you do it? Don’t you hate her, apparently?”

“And I do hate her, but…”

“Do you like her?”

“You’ve made me that question a thousand times, and the answer is still the same: no, I don’t like her.”

Louis was about to say something, but we arrived at the bar and got off the car. The place was quite cool, even though the girl who was supposed to sing hadn’t started yet. I told the guys to order some beers while I went to the toilet. There were 2 or 3 people before me, so it took me a while to get in. When I was finally inside, I heard someone singing, it must be the girl. It was Broomerang by Plain White T’s. Her voice was beautiful, I loved it, I needed to know who she was and meet her. When I left the toilet I looked for the lads. They were with Leigh and Nate, Maddie’s friends, so she must be there too. I said hi to them and took my beer. I heard music again and looked to the stage. There was a blond girl with her head down, getting ready to play the next song. When she lifted her head I soon recognized her, it was Maddie. She started playing She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5. It was the same girl that had been playing earlier, it was the same voice. She played a few more songs and then she left the stage. She headed to Leigh and hugged her, doing the same with Nate. Later she noticed we were there too and kissed our cheeks.

“You have a great voice.” Liam said.

They all nodded, but me.

“Thanks, but I’m not that good.”

“What do you think Niall?” Leigh asked me.

“Bah, I’ve seen better ones” I said.

“Well, I do the best I can” Maddie said, shrugging her shoulders.

I found her answer quite weird, I really expected her to answer rudely or to simply roll her eyes. But she’d been nice, and that couldn’t be any good. I didn’t think too much about it though. We all sat at the same table and started talking.

“Maddie, have you never thought of finding some company or producer to launch your career as a singer?”

“No, I don’t want to be a singer, I just work here because I need the money. Music’s just a hobby for me.”

“You mean no producer wants to hire you because you’re not talented enough, don’t you?” I said.

“Actually, I’ve never talked to any producer, so I don’t know.”

Nothing. There was no way she’d answered rudely. I rolled my eyes and drank some beer. Why was she being nice to me? She didn’t plan anything good, I was sure. After a while, Louis, Liam and Zayn went with their girlfriends. And some time later Harry also left. I stayed there alone with Nate, Leigh and Maddie; I didn’t really feel like being there, but I’d rather be with them than alone. When we got tired of the bar, we decided to go for a walk, and we saw a boy coming to us.

“Maddie, isn’t that Dylan?” Nate asked her.

“Erm… Yes.”

“What does he want now?” Nate said.

“I don’t know.”

The boy was coming closer and closer, while I was still wondering who he might be. He stopped right in front of Maddie, who said nothing.

“Hey” he said.

“Hey.”

“Shall we talk?”

“I guess.”

Dylan took her by her arm and they went the other way. Nate, Leigh and I sat on a bench to wait for her.

“Who was that boy?” I asked. 

“He’s Maddie’s exboyfriend. They broke up more than six months ago.”

“Why did they break up?”

“He didn’t pay her any attention, didn’t pick up the phone, didn’t let her be with her friends, and I honestly think he was cheating on her.”

“How long were they together?”

“More than a year, I think.”

“Oh.”

We stayed there in silence, until we heard someone screaming. It was Maddie. I looked at Leigh, who looked worried and I got up from the bench. I ran towards them and saw them shouting at each other.

Maddie’s POV

Dylan and I went to the other street. He started shouting.

“Who was that guy?”

“Which guy?”

“The blond one! He’s from that famous band, isn’t he? What are you doing with him? Is he your boyfriend?”

“No!”

He took me by my arm, and it hurt me.

“Don’t lie to me; you know I can’t stand that.” he said.

“I’m not lying, he’s just a friend.”

“I don’t believe you! Tell me the truth!”

“He’s in a band, but that’s all, he’s not my boyfriend!”

“Make sure he’s not around you, I don’t want to see you with him.”

“Why do you care? It’s been more than six months since we broke up!”

“And what? You’re mine!”

“I am not! Now I have my life, you know?”

“I don’t want you to be with him.”

“Dylan, let me go, you’re hurting me.”

“Promise me you’ll never see him again.”

“Dylan let me go!”

I let go of his arm and stepped back, trying to be away from him. But he came closer again.

“Maddie, come here!”

“Leave me alone!”

“I don’t want to see you with that guy ever again!”

“Dylan, shut up and leave.”

He came a bit closer to me, and this time he took me by both my arms.

“I won’t leave, get it? You’re getting back to me!”

He tried to kiss me, but I parted away from him.

“Stay still, Maddie.”

“Let go of me.”

He tried to kiss me again.

“Hey, you! Let her go!”

Dylan did so and I turned around to see Niall.

“Who do you think you are to order me anything?”

“I’m her friend.”

“Are you?”

Dylan came closer to him and I placed myself between them. 

“Guys, stop.”

“Don’t you dare touch her again” Niall said.

“What will do you if I touch her?”

“You’ll wish you never did so.”

“Will you hit me?”

“That‘ll be just the beginning.”

“C’mon Maddie, let’s go.”

“I’m not going anywhere with you, Dylan.”

“You’re so coming with me” he said, taking me by my arm once again.

“Leave her alone!” Niall shouted again.

He punched Dylan on his face, and I stepped behind Niall. When Dylan was over the hit, he punched him back. Niall tried to hit him again, but I stopped him.

“Let’s just go Niall, it’s not worthy.”

Niall turned around and did as I’d told him. While we were leaving we heard Dylan shouting, but didn’t turn around. We went where Niall said Leigh and Nate were, but they’d already left. We sat on the bench and I looked at Niall; his nose was bleeding. I took a tissue out of my pocket and made him face me.

“Let me see what we got here...” I said, trying to clean his face.

“Don’t you worry, it’s nothing” he said, trying to part away from me.

“Niall let me see it.”

He sighed and looked at me. I came closer and started to clean his face.

“Thanks for what you did earlier.”

“That’s what friends are for, isn’t it?”

“Yes, but you and I aren’t friends.”

“You needed help and I was there, that’s it.”

“I didn’t need any help, I could’ve defended myself.”

“That guy wouldn’t have let you go!”

I laughed and kept on cleaning him in silence.

“Done” I said.

“Thanks.”

“Well, I think I should get going” I said, standing up.

“I’ll walk you.”

“You don’t need to…”

“Maddie...”

“Honestly Niall, there’s no need to.”

“And what if you bumped into Dylan again?”

“Alright then.”

I smiled and we headed to my place. When we got there we stopped at my door, in front of the other, in silence.”

“Do you want to come in and have a snack or something?”

“No, don’t worry; I think it’s time to go home.” 

“I need to pay for what you did earlier.”

“I’ll think about it, but I’m going home now.”

“Thanks again Niall...”

“You don’t need to thank me anymore. Oh, by the way, I’m sorry for being so rude at the bar.”

“Don’t worry. I think I’m coming in.”

“Okay, see you.”

“Goodnight.

I kissed him on his cheek and came into my house. Niall had been very nice to me. I had nothing against him anymore; I didn’t even remember what he’d said at the bar. If he hadn’t been there, I don’t know what could’ve happened…

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

43.3K 1.4K 69
What started out as a joke in her mind, became any girls fantasy. She never took her mother seriously when she suggested it. Someone like her could n...
16.3K 576 57
Morgan was just your normal teenage girl. Pretty popular, decent looking, average grades, but being locked in a classroom for six hours with a murder...
144K 2.8K 48
"When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not, it's just the beginning." We were ruined after I left her alone. She wa...
91.8K 1.8K 45
(Note: I wrote this a long time ago, so theres alot of mistakes and crap, honestly i dont even know how this got big but yeah just letting you guys k...