Lovely || Detroit Become Huma...

By ApatheticFine

2038- The world has become drastically advanced. Tinley Sky Manfred, the youngest daughter of Carl Manfred- m... More

Lovely
Detroit Become Human: Character Analysis
PART 01
PART 02
Part 03
Part 04
Part 05
Part 06
Part 07
Part 08
Part 09
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16

Some Time Later

1.4K 47 15
By ApatheticFine

Tinley woke up to the sweet smell of breakfast, but she was confused... Who was in her kitchen? Her eyes fluttered open and looked at her bedside, there was a fresh dent on her bed. She rolled over her bed, searching for clothes when she found one of Connors button ups. Tinley buttoned up the shirt a bit before groaning and getting up. The sun shined through her lacy curtains, Detroit was turning into spring, and she loved it.

She walked out to a few in her kitchen. Connor was cooking in a white tank too and Sammy was sitting on one of the counter tops, away from the food, but watching as Connor moved.

With the help of Tinley, he was able to download a few new functions. Such as cooking, cleaning and human care... Tinley added some function of her own, for her own benefit.

"You know, I can hear you right?"

Lost in her own fantasy, Tinley got embarrassed, her cheeks burning red. She then moved behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. "How do you feel?" He asked her, turning of the fire from the stove and turning around to pick her up and sit her down on the kitchen table. "I don't think my legs work yet." She told him, letting out a light snicker.

Connor smiled down at Lee before he kissed her. "Breakfast is ready." He informed before walking back to the stove. Lee let out a light 'mhm' before sitting down on one of the chairs. Connor never ate breakfast with her but he would sit and watch as she did so. The first few times, Lee was uncomfortable but now- it was the usual.

He set down the plate in front of her and than sat beside her. Today, he grabbed a book and read as Tinley ate. "We're low on supplies." He informed her, continuing his reading. "Groceries... not supplies, it's groceries." She corrected him.

"Right... groceries."

Tinley gave him a smile as she ate. He became more human every day... She enjoyed watching him learn.

They walked around the grocery store, picking up what was needed.

Connor and Lee would always keep their distance from most people that where still in Detroit. They didn't want to start anything serious.

At stores, they always did self checkout, always doing things themselves.

They walked out of store and looked around. More people where back in Detroit then there was before. It didn't bother them, but it put them on high alert.

Even though more androids inhabited Detroit, they wanted to be safe- no matter the circumstance- you could say that they where paranoid, but they would say "better paranoid than dead."

At home, they would lounge out and watch tv. Sometimes they would come up with a new hobby. Tinley began to pain, and Connor began to read.

Tinley was as good as her father. Her art was special, it had meaning. But sometimes it was just a landscape with no meaning- yet still beautiful.

Connor put his chin on her shoulder and looked at her canvas... it was still white. "You alright?" He asked her, she nodded and began to mix a few blues together and painted her base. Connor watched her for a few minutes before going back into his book.

Lee stopped painting and looked at her significant other. He didn't notice her stare until she walked over and took the book from his hands and she sat on his lap. He chuckled, pinching the bridge of his nose before resting his hands on the lower portion of her back. "I want to take a bath." She informed him. "Then go take one?" He said in question. "I wanna take a bath with you." Tinley said, twirling her finger on his chest.

And Connor could not just deny.

Tinley sat in between Connors legs, her head resting on his chest. He couldn't believe that this was his life now. If someone had told him that he would fall in love with a human who helped Deviants, when he was a deviant hunter, he would have never believed them. But yet, here he was, doing just that. Lee had fallen asleep against his chest, and it wasn't the first time. He likes seeing her so calm. He liked knowing that he had something to live for. He caressed her hair, untangling the knots as his fingers slipped through. Connor looked down at her figure, so small and perfect. "It's rude to stare." She muttered, pulling her hair to her side. "How long was I asleep for?" She asked him, sitting up and outlining circles on his hand.

"Ten minutes and fifteen seconds." He told told her.

"What time is Hank gonna be here?" She asked, closing her eyes once again.

"He said he'd be here at 6 sharp." Connor informed her.

"And what time is it?"

"Four thirty."

Lee sighed and leaned her head back, looking up at Connor. "What where you thinking about when I was out?" She asked, looking at his LED light. He hadn't taken it off yet, but Lee was okay with it- she thought it was cute being able to see when she frustrated him, in more ways than one. "You." He told her, pulling her even closer. "If it weren't for you, I don't think I would be what I am now."

"I think you would have still found your way." Lee admitted. "You would have had Hank... he thinks of you as a son you know... but he'd never admit it." She let out a light laugh and got up from their bath, wrapping herself in a robe. "You coming?" She asked, looking back at Connor but he shook his head. "I think I'll say here for a while." He told her. Lee rose a brow and shrugged before leaving. Connor quickly got up from the bath and wrapped a towel around his waist. He then went under the sink, opening the bottom compartment and taking out a brown wooden box. Connor had been collecting little nicknacks from every date they have been on ever since the revolution. That was three years ago.

Connor then looked at the red velvet box and sighed... Every day he tried analyzed how willing Lee would be to marriage with an Android, but it would never work, no matter how hard he tried. He would always try and reconstruct a sequence with her and her response, and he always saw the worst. Rejection. Connor then took a deep breath before putting the box back where it belonged. It might have been an open space, but there was a one out of one hundred chance that Lee would find the box and open it.

It was now a few minutes to six and Lee was getting ready as Hank knocked in the door. Connor opened the door and smiled. "Hank, thanks for coming in time." The Android joked lightly. Hank rolled his eyes and handed him the flowers that he had asked him for. "I looked like an idiot asking for these."

"I saved your life... And you picked up flowers for even though you'd look like a fool, we are even." Connor told him.

"Why do you want me here anyways? Shouldn't this be a you and her thing."

"There's more of a chance that she will say yes if you are here."

"Connor, she's not gonna say no."

"But what if she does?"

"Does what?" Lee blurted our behind them. She was in comfortable clothes. Washed out blue jeans, a cream white sweater and one of Connors oversized flannels.

Connors words where caught on his throat before he bursted out, "Nothing! Nothing.... heh, just... nothing." He gave her an awkward smile, he was still working on that.

"Okay then... Let's eat shall we?"

After a drinks and a few laughs. Connor started getting visibly more nervous. "Alright... I think I'm gonna head off now, Connor- walk me to the door will ya?"

"Wow you really getting that old?" Tinley snickered before taking another sip of her rum and coke. Hank grumbled something under his breath and walked towards the door, Connor following closely behind.

Lee watched as they exchanged a few words before Hank left. Connor walked passed her, and the cane back. "I guess we should start cleaning up..." She said with a smile.

The two finished up cleaning up.

Lee sat on the couch with Sammy on her side. Connor brought her a class of red wine and gave her a smile before her sat next to her, opposite of Sammy. "You seemed jumpy and quiet today... what's wrong?" She said before taking a sip of her wine and setting it down on the coffee table. Lee put her hand on his knee and he sighed. "These past three years have been difficult for me... and you being by my side has helped me, more that you think..." Connors LED light was turning yellow.

Lee cupped his cheek and caressed his cheek with her thumb. "You know you can tell me anything, right, Connor?" He nodded and looked into her eyes. She gave him a cute, sad smile. "And I want to tell you everything..." Connor than got down on one knee and held her hand. "You are definitely something else, Tinley Manfred... and that's why I wanna ask you-" Connor took the velvet box out of his pocket and opened it for her eyes to see the engagement ring propped up for show. "Do you trust me?"

Tinley let out a light giggle and nodded before leaning down and kissing Connor tenderly. "Of course... why wouldn't I?"

———

A/n: OH SHIIIIT

Last chapter until a holiday
Sorry this took so long to update
I just got a new job and I work from like 9-6 with no break or lunch and I'm dying in the inside

I hope you like this last chapter
This book means a lot to me and I hope you guys loved it ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 11K 36
(I wrote this in 2018 when I was younger, so the writing is terrible and I had no clue what I was doing. Read at your own risk, I guess.) Human! Conn...
10.3K 300 11
[Connor x Android!Reader] Detroit is having a problem with their androids, they are attacking their owners; Deviants is what they have been called. C...
13.2K 512 15
Connor x reader In a time where androids is a big part of your everyday life and CyperLife is ruling the industry, you try to work against them in yo...
84K 2.4K 38
❝You must be Hank's daughter.❞ ❝Indeed I am. And you must be that detective I've heard so much about.❞ All Time Highest Rankings (Not date related):...