Love isn't as easy as making...

By Mimorimori

Bakugou Katsuki is a Shounen manga artist and Midoriya Izuku is his assistant. The two have been working toge... More

Chapter 1: Shut up and get your hands moving!
Chapter 2: Let's hunt for a new assistant
Chapter 3: This is a curse!
Chapter 4: Mangaka are the same as God and Reaper
Chapter 5: Boyfriend shirt? Or matching shirt?
Chapter 6: Too much of a coincidence
Chapter 7: Gekkan Shoujo Todoroki-kun!
Chapter 8: A wild Pik*chu appeared! (Part 1)
Chapter 9: A wild Pik*chu appeared! (Part 2)
Chapter 10: And now they know
Chapter 11: Learning about love through a dating sim game
Chapter 12: This isn't good for my heart!
Chapter 13: This is why you should lock your door!
Chapter 14: Taking the bait like a greedy fool
Chapter 15: On Valentine Day...
Chapter 16: Fuck you and fuck my life!
Hidden story: Katsudon
Chapter 17: Looking for a present
Chapter 18: Is this a date?!
Chapter 19: The 'Cupids' behind the scene
Chapter 20: The real 'date' starts now! (Part 1)
Chapter 21: The real 'date' starts now! (Part 2)
Chapter 22: Happy Birthday Kacchan! (Part 1)
Chapter 23: Happy Birthday Kacchan! (Part 2)
Chapter 23.5: A very short message from Todo-sama
Chapter 24: When both mangaka and assistant is sick
Chapter 25: Today we're the mangaka!
Chapter 25.5: Being sick is troublesome after all
Chapter 26: Exposed!
Chapter 27: And the cat is out of the bag
Chapter 28: This is the best fucking day ever!
Chapter 28.5: And we watch the ship goes sailing
Chapter 29: Teach me, sensei!
Chapter 31: To the beach!
Chapter 32: A small accident
Chapter 33: A sleepless night for Katsuki
Chapter 33.5: How to escape from your house (Todoroki style)
Chapter 34: Happy birthday Deku!
Chapter 35: Kaminari is confused
Chapter 36: Words from the great Todo-sama
Chapter 37: Starting the Kirishima route
Chapter 37.5: BL Game
Chapter 38: Aquarium date, START!
Chapter 39: Get the hint already!
Chapter 40: At the end of the date
Omake specials
Chapter 41: King's Game
Chapter 42: Let me teach you something about the fandom
Chapter 43: A memorable Christmas night
Chapter 44: The taste of happiness (smut)
Chapter 45: Into a new year
A/N

Chapter 30: Choosing a present for Izuku

5.7K 247 361
By Mimorimori

It's going to be Izuku's birthday soon and this time, Katsuki is going to give him a present that's more 'couple-like'. While Katsuki is sitting down in front of the door tying his shoelace, he has been thinking about what he should get. Thinking about it now won't help much, he'd have to look around to see what's suitable for him to give to Izuku.

Once Katsuki's done, he got up and place a hand on the doorknob. Alright, he's ready to head out-

"Going out to buy a present for Izuku?"

Looking behind his shoulder, Katsuki saw his mother smiling at him with a knowing look. Damn it, sometimes he hate how easy it is for his mother to read him like an open book.

"Yeah." Katsuki said.

"Are you going to get him games or anime goods again?"

"Fuck no! We're dating now so I'm going to get something different for Deku this time!"

Mitsuki blinked a few times. For a second, she thought that she was either dreaming or having hearing problem. Did this shitty son of hers just said that he's dating Izuku? Is this for real? After years of waiting, they finally become a couple?

"Katsuki! You little piece of shit!" Mitsuki slapped the back of Katsuki's head.

"Don't hit me, old hag! What the fuck is wrong with you!?"

"Why didn't you tell me that you're now dating Izuku?! I've been waiting for the two of you to confess and start dating for years!!"

"Why the fuck must I tell you?!"

"So that I can finally relax and don't have to worry about how long you're are going to stay single!"

"Hah?!"

To Katsuki's surprise, Mitsuki suddenly place a hand on his head and ruffle his spiky hair with a smile. "Anyway, good job Katsuki. Be sure to come back home early because tonight we're going to celebrate by having your favorite spicy hot curry for dinner."

"Tch, there's nothing to celebrate about." Katsuki averted his gaze from his mother, secretly happy that his mother is giving him her full support.

Curry for dinner huh... that's something Katsuki'd be looking forward to.

-o-o-o-

Todoroki is silently watching his editor, who is going through the draft for the new chapter. His editor is a rather mysterious person and it's hard to read what he's thinking. His real name is unknown since he only introduced himself as Hawks. Todoroki may not know much about him but one thing he does know is that his editor is a huge fan and a close 'friend' of his shitty dad.

For Hawks to come at this timing is truly wonderful since his dad is currently out, busy with his own work. As long as his dad isn't around, his editor will be able focusing on his manga and nothing else.

"Ah, they finally confess. It sure took them long enough." Hawks smiled while nodding to himself as he look through the pagers. "Do you have any plan to introduce another pair of couple in the future chapters?"

"I'm still thinking on what type of characters I should draw." Todoroki replied honestly.

"Have you thought about adding a love rival?"

"Love rival?"

"Yes, it is really common in the shoujo manga. For example, a new guy transfer into their school and is interested in Izumi."

Todoroki try to imagine it but all he can see is Katsuki become jealous and possessive. Katsuki'll give a warning but if the new guy doesn't listen and continue to hit on Izuku, he might explode from rage and went for the kill.

"He might go to jail for murder." Todoroki said.

"Ahaha, as usual your imaginations really is something."

"Is that so?"

"Then how about this? Try to imagine a girl that's prettier than Izumi and is trying to flirt with Kusuke."

Once again, Todoroki let his imagination run. If Izuku were to saw a beautiful woman flirting with Katsuki, he might have thoughts like 'I guess Kacchan prefer girls after all' or 'there's no way that I can win against such a pretty woman'. After that, Izuku'll start to avoid Katsuki and misunderstanding will be born. There will be miscommunication and their relationship will suffer.

Izuku and Katsuki has finally became a couple so there's no way that Todoroki will let someone get between them. If Todoroki need to give money to the woman in order to get her away from them, he'll gladly do it since it's for the sake of his classmate's happiness.

"I'll erase that woman from existence." Todoroki answered with a serious look.

"This boy sure says some frightening thing sometimes." Hawks thought, sweat dropping at how Todoroki can say such words like it was no big deal.

"Alright, let's put the idea for the new character aside for now. What do you plan to draw for the next chapter?"

Todoroki eyed the calendar hanging on the wall for a short moment. The date July 15th was circled with a red pen as a reminder of what will be happening on that day. Todoroki didn't get to witness Katsuki's birthday party with his own eyes (because of his shitty dad) so he's not going to miss the chance of attending Izuku's birthday party this time.

"The next chapter will be about celebrating Izumi's birthday."

"Oh, that's great! You can show the difference on how Kusuke and Izumi celebrate birthday together before and after dating."

"Yeah, this time I'm getting out of the house for sure."

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

That's right... no matter what, for the sake for his manga and readers, Todoroki is willing to do anything. If he need to jump out of the window, tear down the door or break through the wall in order to escape from his house and make it to Izuku's birthday party, he shall do it without a second thought.

But first, he'll need to find a present for Izuku.

After Hawks left to meet another shoujo mangaka, Todoroki immediately left the house as well.

Walking down the same street where Todoroki and Izuku went around to look for a present for Katsuki, he found himself wondering what kind of present he should get. He can get something to congratulate Izuku for becoming Katsuki's boyfriend. But what should he buy-

Todoroki stopped in his track when he spotted the same shop where he helped Izuku to choose the charm bracelet for Katsuki. To think that Katsuki is going to buy a present from the same shop as Izuku... coincidence really can be a strange thing.

Now that he ran into Katsuki, the situation has change. Todoroki can buy a present for Izuku later because right now he need to see how Katsuki pick the present. If possible, he'd like to hide at one corner and watch from the shadow but Todoroki won't be able to see what kind of present Katsuki's going to buy for his boyfriend.

And so, Todoroki enter the shop and stand right behind Katsuki.

-o-o-o-

Katsuki is now facing a small problem.

In his hand is a red charm bracelet and a green charm bracelet. Both of it has a skull on it, which is almost the same as the one he's wearing (and received from Izuku on his birthday). Katsuki thought that it would be great if he can give Izuku a similar one so that they can match but the problem is... which color should he choose?

Knowing Izuku, he would surly say things like 'no matter what Kacchan give me, I'll definitely treasure it!' with a smile that could rival the sun.

He wanted to give something 'new' as prove to show that they are now couples that can give normal present. He never thought that choosing an accessory would be harder than choosing a game or anime goods. Fuck, he has been staring at the charm bracelets for almost 20 minutes and he still can't make up his mind!

To make things worse...

Katsuki turn around to glare at the pesky bug (a.k.a Todoroki) behind him. To his annoyance, the shoujo mangaka was writing down ideas on a small notebook with a serious look.

How fucking great can that be? Going from stalking him secretly to stalking him openly, that's a fucking 'improvement' that Katsuki didn't wish to see!

"How long are you going to fucking stare at me like a fucking creep?!" Katsuki snapped.

"Until you finally made up your mind and buy the present." Todoroki replied. He stopped writing and lift his head up to look at Katsuki. "Or do you need me to help you choose?"

"Fuck off! I can choose Deku's present all by myself!"

"In my opinion, red would be the best choice."

"I already told you that I'll pick the present myself! And stop observing me while you're writing down your stupid ideas! I'll send you flying to the ceiling, you bastard!"

"If you want Midoriya to remember you every time he see the charm bracelet, red is the best color since it's the same color as your eyes."

"...!" Katsuki was left speechless. He's really pissed right now but he couldn't argue with Todoroki's opinion. He hate to admit it but this shoujo mangaka really know his thing!

Fuck! Now Katsuki seriously wants to get the red color so that Izuku'll think of him every time he see the bracelet! But it would show that he's listening to Todoroki's advice and that's something his pride won't allow! He need to get this half-and-half bastard out of this shop before he can purchase the bracelet!

Or maybe he can get something else? Because now that he think about it... this bracelet might not fit Izuku's image at all. That nerd is all sunshine, sweet and innocent so having an item that has a skull on it will ruin his 'angelic' image!

Then, something else caught his eyes in the display case and it was a different charm bracelet. It was deep green in color and instead of a skull, it has a black rectangular with an orange 'X' on it.

...Yeah, that seems pretty decent. In fact, it's probably even better than what he first had his eyes on.

Watching Katsuki carefully, Todoroki begin to run many different scenario inside his head to see which one is better. It would be easier if Katsuki were to buy the skull charm bracelet so that they can match. That way, people will know that they are together and won't try to flirt with either one of them.

But if Katsuki wanted to get something else that would fit Izuku's image more, it will show that he's thinking about his boyfriend and that would be a wonderful idea for Todoroki to draw as well.

When Todoroki help Izuku to choose the present for Katsuki, he was surprised to see that the only thing on his friend's mind is 'I need to get something that will suit Kacchan' and 'I want to get something that Kacchan will definitely like'.

So if Todoroki's going to draw it out, it would be something like...

-o-

Kusuke was having a small trouble with picking out the birthday present for Izumi.

Due to Izumi's hobby as an otaku, it was really easy for Kusuke to buy a present for her because she'd love it as long as it's her favorite anime or characters. But giving her anime goods as present feels like what 'friends' would give. Now that she's his girlfriend, Kusuke wanted to get something to show that they are a normal couple who can give normal gifts.

On his birthday, Izumi gave him a skull charm bracelet so maybe he can get a similar one so that they can match. But then again, when Izumi gave him his present, she's probably thinking about what he would like and what would fit him the most.

In another words, he should be looking for things that Izumi like.

"Come to think about it, she has been paying attention to what I like. So I should show her that aside from her favorite anime and characters, I also know what other sort of things she'd like to carry or have."

Just when Kusuke thought about going to another shop, he turn around and spotted that at one corner of the shop, there's a bunch of many different ribbons in various colors hanging on the wall. And the one that caught his eyes the most is a black ribbon with an orange 'X' at the end.

Yeah... Izumi is a girl after all so she'd definitely like it. Not to mention that she has been complaining how her hair tie snapped very easily. By giving her ribbons as present, Izumi's hair tie problem will be solve and Kusuke'll be able to see her wearing it every day.

-o-

After Todoroki finished his sketching about Kusuke choosing a present, he nodded to himself. Flipping over to the next page, he start to do a small sketch about Izumi wearing the ribbon that Kusuke will be giving her. Once Todoroki was done, he was pleased with the result. Ribbon fits Izumi more than he thought and she even become cuter than before.

While Todoroki is looking at his sketches, he didn't noticed that Katsuki has already brought the present and is now glaring at him with a 'what the fuck? You're still here?!' expression. Closing the notebook, Todoroki stare at Katsuki with a blank look.

"Thank you for the references and ideas."

"FUCK OFF ALREADY!"

-o-o-o-

Meanwhile, somewhere else...

The sound of fingers hitting the keyboard was loud as there was no other sound.

Sero Hanta, a student, mangaka's assistant and a fanfic writer. It's hard to keep up when he's doing so many things but he enjoy it so that's no problem.

Ashido messaged him just now if he wanted to come to Izuku's birthday party and to be honest, he didn't talked to Izuku that much so it would feel weird for him to go to the birthday party. But who cares about that? Izuku and Katsuki finally became a couple so he'd need to congratulate them!

It took them long enough to confess and Sero almost went nuts from the long wait! Every time he saw them together, he was internally screaming 'just kiss and start dating already!'

So before the birthday party, Sero would need to finish all the Kaito x Miya one shot requests. Then he'll be free to go and hang out with everyone. With one last hit on the keyboard, Sero finally finish the last one shot.

To be honest, he never knew that there would be so many requests. To him, 36 is a lot but it was fun to write many different type of scenarios. Although there are some weird requests but let's not think about it today. Leaning on his chair while stretching his body, he let out of a sigh and smiled.

"Now that I've finally finished all the Kaito x Miya one shot request, it's time to send it to Yaoyorozu so that she can do the beta."

After Sero send everything to Yaoyorozu, it only took her 30 minutes to reply through message. For her to finish reading everything in such a short amount of time is insane and mind blowing.

[Yaoyorozu: It was very interesting. Although there was a few mistakes, I've changed and edited it for you.]

[Sero: I see! Thank you very much!]

[Yaoyorozu: By the way Sero-san.]

[Sero: Yes?]

[Yaoyorozu: Did you study for the upcoming test?]

At the reminder, Sero nearly drop his phone. Due to how he was focusing on the fanfic and Todoroki's manga, he has totally forgotten about it and now...

He's in a deep shit!

-o-o-o-

A/N: Sorry for the wait! I got distracted and went to write a new Bakudeku story. 😅

And finally, Sero the fanfic writer shows up. Aside from Todoroki's group who knows about it, I wonder who will be the first one from Baku's group to find out about Sero's fanfic 😏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 257 17
Izuku and Katsuki have been together ever since they graduated UA and became quite the powerful duo. They loved each other and when given the chance...
17.6K 657 23
Katsuki and Izuku are now married and are living a normal lives. Izuku is free from his pet bonds, and Katsuki continues to strive to become a better...
70.8K 2.2K 10
[Izuku Midoriya x Katsuki Bakugou] - Katsuki Bakugou is aggressive, depressed, and just tired of being alive. He struggles to hide what he is truly f...
65.2K 2K 39
⚠️ SLOW REWRITING⚠️ Izuku Midoriya, a common blood nobody chased by two overly powerful naive young men who can't hold the grasp of their positions...