THE HYBRID

Av Jayniel_ezra

*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I... Mer

I.HATE.YOU.SO.MUCH
Hi Neighbour
Luci-O-Hell
Puppy!
Hybrid
NOT an Update. please read..
Food is love
You smell nice
Grace.
Crush.
Welcome to Hell
Nightmare...
Cherry
Silver
AVENGER
First File
Mind Reader
the first Rejection?
Heat ideology
I'm RAY.
Girlfriend?!!
Identity
Icecream
New Book(s)?
Trust and Trap
Mine
Liar Liar
No brainer
"Character Descriptions" not update.
Campfire Confession
Waterworks
Alpha
Dr. Stranger Things
Coincidence or Not?
White Hallways
Missed you.
Touch me
The letter
Forever
Beautiful
Death's Deal.
Eva.
No Strings attached
Traitor for a Friend
Hellway Runway
IMPORTANT NEWS
Mistakes
Chasing Desires
Bitter Love
Russian
Shopping aisles for Prom
Sucker for you
A call was made.
Showdown
Last Breath
Lost paths
Farewell
The Story Never Ends
NEW BOOKS

Broken Promises

1.3K 74 9
Av Jayniel_ezra

Heyyyy!!! I'm back!

This book is gonna end soon...

Happy reading♡

_______________

_______________

Lea walked around the aisles of the library. Her mind filled with things she didn't understand. Things she didn't want to understand.

She ofcourse was bold enough to declare that Luciel and herself were dating... but to think of that deeper, she didnt really know anymore.

Her mind was fogged up with a certain ravenette who had lost his way and there was nothing she yearned more than to see those blazing eyes and toothy smile she had fallen for.

Lea felt guilty to even produce such thoughts in her head. She felt like she was cheating on Luciel and maybe... just maybe, she was.

She felt disgusted when she discovered that she was touched out of lust that night. Everything that she thought it was, wasnt actually the truth. She learned more about the Blue Moon... knowing it caused immense pain and a pool of desire to make them feel intimacy... meaning... whatever Ray spewed that day... was just out of lust.

She felt equally guilty for giving in to his warm inviting hands that lured her in. She didnt want to see him anymore, just like how she didnt want to see Zack.

But she couldnt... no matter what they both did... the night was still alive in her mind. She yearned for his touches and to feel his soft lips encompass hers as his own.

Shaking her head she settled down on a table, taking her books out and working with her essays.

The mark on her neck had turned into a scar, not that faint or deep either but enough to catch anybodys eye. It was a reminder of the breaking of the night's restraints. A painful memory to remember that it was all one sided.

She turned her page of her reference book and her phone suddenly started buzzing.

Seeing the caller id she picked up immediately.

"Damian! I'm in the library I'll call you lat-"

"No No! Wait!" He cut her off with a worried voice.

Lea stilled for a moment listening to his raspy voice.

"What happened? Damian are you okay?"

"... yeah.. yeah... I-I'm fine"

"Damian you're scaring me. What happened?" Lea shut her books "no scratch that. Tell me where you are. I'm coming there right now"

"Uh.. the.. the art room"

"Art room? You dont even- forget it, I'm coming there now"

Hanging up, Lea shoved all of her books into her bag and quickly headed out of the library.

For some reason she could feel some sort worry laced in Damian's voice. It wasnt much... but there was and Damian... doesn't do that unless there is something huge bothering him.

With quick steps she reached all the way to the top floor, heading to the abandoned art room.

Twisting the knob she walked in, startled Damian who was pacing around the room.

"You scared me!" He said with a hand on his chest.

"Sorry. You sounded worried so I came as quickly as possible. What's wrong? What happened?"

"Its uh.. not that huge. But uh.. its Grace."

"What about her?" She asked, clearly annoyed by even hearing her name.

"Well I mean.. I was just minding my own business this morning in the D sector and I may or may not have spotted Grace there and she just spotted me and got all angry like the bitch she is. We got into a little argument and then she actually threatened that she was gonna tear everything apart starting from you and all the way to Zack. And that she will end him and everyone who he holds dear. I mean that's ridiculous I cant eve-"

"Wait. Wait. WHAT?"

"What?"

"Wait." Lea exhaled "first of all... what were you doing in the D sector? Dont lie to me.. I know there are no ongoing classes in that sector from the past two months."

"I.. I saw something yesterday.. so I just came about.." Damian explained and quickly added "anyway that's not important. The thing is Grace.. about what she said."

I sighed "I mean..she has already accomplished half way in ruining everything.. what's even the point if she will continue to hurt me?"

"Lea! Can you stop being this thing that you're trying to be?!" He raised his voice "look there is something going on in school. Okay?! I need you to focus."

"Focus what Damian?" She retorted, a little annoyed.

"Lea" he sighed "I know you dont want to care. But please... I have a bad feeling and whatever Grace said.. it has to do with Zack... and please I'm just afraid."

"What.... what do you know Damian?" Lea asked feeling the uneasiness waft off of him

"I'm not sure.. I cant tell. But something happened yesterday... and.. it probably has something to do with Zack. And today when Grace said that... I have a feeling it must have something to do with what happened yesterday."

"You're not making any sense right now Damian" Lea crossed her arms, looking defiant but worry and fear for the hybrid had blossomed in her heart.

"I know I know. I just... look all you have to know for now is that there is something going on right now. Something dangerous. It probably has something to do with Zack"

"And... what what can we do about it?" Lea walked closer and chuckled humorlessly "and if I tell anything you just told me. He's not going to believe me.. obviously."

"But that doesn't mean we have to just stay back and watch!"

"Damian. Zack and I aren't on good terms right now. The moment I open my mouth he wishes me to disappear. I cant tell him shit if it has anything to do with his girlfriend." Venom spilled out of her words, which hurt herself.

Damian sighed and sat down a dainty looking chair.

"So there is nothing we can do? Not even warn him of his snake girlfriend that apparently wants to hurt him and everyone around him?"

Lea sighed, her own heart throbbing with pain.

"Unless..." Damian paused and looked up with hope sparkling in his eyes .

*********

"Zack!" Damian called and the said Hybrid boy turned to look at him.

His eyes squinted a little when he spotted his mate right next to Damian.

"We've got something to tell you." Lea mumbled, averting her gaze from Zack.

"Tell me what?" A wave of intensity flowing through his tone that made Lea shiver.

She looked back at him and gulped, walking a little closer to the boy. Damian stayed where he was out of trauma.

"Look.. before you lash out I want you to know this is because of what Damian heard and saw. And I-"

"Are you going out with both of them now?"

"What?"

"Luciel and Damian."

"What?! I- no.. Wait. Why should it even bother you?!"

"Its not bothering me. You. Are bothering me"

Lea grit her teeth and inwardly rolled her eyes.

"There is something happening around here and Damian thinks you are in danger." Lea began "I know it would sound ridiculous... but ever since you turned things have been spiraling and.. and falling out the way... and"

She paused feeling his intense gaze bore holes into her.

"And?" He asked in a breathy tone taking a step forward.

Electricity sparked in the air and Lea felt the mark in her neck tingle. She gulped feeling uneasiness return gnawing at her bones.

"D-Damian heard.. w-well he was actually threatened that you would be hurt and everyone around you will pay a price.. and-"

"Who?" He said in the same tone.

Lea hesitated, searchjng his eyes and wondering if it was Ray who was looking at her, but to her surprise it was Zack indeed.

"Tell me" he demanded but his voice was soft with a rough edge as if he was taunting.

"Grace."

He stopped entirely, his hooded eyes disappearing almost immediately as he sucked in a breath and stepped away from Lea.

"What did you just say?" His tone now laced with anger.

"Zack please try to understand. Grace said this to Damian. She said it herself and-"

"Didn't I ask you to drop it?!" He rebelled.

"This isnt about me Zack! This has got nothing to do with me, you or Grace in a circle. This is just about you. She told it to Damian and I swear he's telling the truth!" Lea retorted

"Were you there?"

"What?"

"Were you there when she told him?!"

"N-No.. but I-"

"Then stop."

"You dont believe me eitherways atleast.. please believe Damian!" Lea lashed out but her voice was crumbling.

She was losing again.

A fight that was already won over.

"I dont have to believe anything you want to say. All you had ever wanted is for Grace to stay away from me and guess what? That's not happening. I'm not letting go of my girlfriend just cause some person is speaking shit about her"

"Zack! This is true. She did say that to me. She threatened that she would end everything starting from Lea and all the way to you. She said that she will tear down everything that you hold dear. I swear to God I'm not lying." Damian chimed in, to which Zack's eyes flashed and a deep growl rumbled from him.

"Stay the fuck away when I'm talking" he spit with venom and Damian stilled in his place, hurt washing over him.

"Zack please! This isnt about me.. why don't you try to understand? Why would we even make up shit like this? Does it sound like we made up? We're trying to warn you of something but you're not even trying to listen!!"

"There's nothing to listen" he grit his teeth "you are wrong."

"All of you are so fucking wrong about me and Grace!"

"We arent wrong when she herself said that she is going to END YOU!" Lea yelled out of frustration.

"Dont you get it? You are not even a human anymore and Grace always seems as suspicious as ever. Not to forget she is always by your side. Dont you ever think that she knows about what you are?!"

"Look. I want you to stop talking." Zack growled.

"No! I wont stop because you're being stupid right now! You have no idea what's going on. You dont ever see if something is going wrong. But when the rest of the world sees it and tells you about it you never want to listen to them!"

"I want you out of my sight" Zack pressed on.

"Or else what are you gonna do? Assault me?"

"Is it about that night now?!" He growled, his hands curled into a fist.

"What do you want me to say?!" He hissed "apologize? Apologize when we both know you were the one who was in the right state of mind but went with it anyway and you didn't even try to stop me so that means you equa-"

"Didn't try to stop you? I tried. I FUCKING TRIED TO STOP YOU!" Tears pooled in her eyes.

"AND WHAT ABOUT IT? IM THE ONE WHO'S HURTING ANYWAY BECAUSE OF THAT MARK IN YOUR NECK"

"IS IT BECAUSE YOU KNOW IM YOUR MATE BUT YOU DONT WANT ME EITHERWAYS?!"

Zack stilled at Lea's outburst and so did Lea.

Her own words rang in her ears making her gasp silently. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes as she nervously bit her lips.

"I want... you to get the fuck out of my sight Azalea Stevens" he grit through his teeth.

Les felt numb hearing her own name with so much spite from his lips. He wouldnt call her 'Azalea' not even when he used to be mad before... no, her name was reserved for 'Cookie' instead. The delightful ring to that name was long forgotten in Lea's ears.

Her heart shattered even more as she held it closer to shield her from the pain.

Zack looked- no.. he was a stranger to her eyes at the moment. Lea couldnt remember anything about him that ignited happiness in her heart. It all seemed like it had washed away and settled in the deepest crevices of the deepest oceans.

Holding in breaths and tears she looked at him, hoping to find his eyes again.. but all of reflected was her own cold soul.

She turned away from the raventte and walked away. She could feel Damian's eyes on her but she didnt look at him. Cowering with her head down, she quickly walked away from Zack. She heard footsteps behind her and Damian's soft whisper of "wait" but she walked faster anyway.

She found herself stranded in the parking lot with Damian behind her back.

Her shoulders shook her a little while her throat burned from the urge to cry out loud.

"Hey.. hey- um... I.. Listen Lea. We can skip class today." Damian jumped infront of her, a forced nervous smile plastered on his face while his eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"There's this amazing diner with pretty waitresses that has opened and I always wanted to go there but you know Luciel.. anyway wanna be badass and skip some class?" Damian's eyebrows shot up "ooh that rhymed"

Lea laughed on his silliness, wiping away few stray tears that had already slipped through.

"Sure. I really wanna be badass today."

"Alright let's go" he said dragging her hand to the gate.

They were both sure the camera probably caught them regardless the guard's absence or presence but neither cared enough to stay back.

Running along and getting into a bus, almost being cursed at by the passengers the duo sat next to each other laughing.

Lea enjoyed the ride as her mind cleared away her thoughts by itself. As of Damian.. he temporarily tucked away his worry for the other, but he was constantly reminded that he had to distract her from feeling hurt no matter what.

Arriving at their destination, they both got down from the bus and headed into the foodie place.

The place was packed with people but luckily they got a table for two.

Settling down Damian brushed his hair with his hands and looked at Lea, who was dreamily smiling. One, he was freaked out. Two, he definitely was freaked out.

He didnt know how to console if she would've broken down and henceforth he went on to distract her. Just like how Lea would if one felt depressed or confused.

Lea's state honestly scared him but he kept a straight face nevertheless.

"What would you like to order?" The waitress chimed in. Her green eyes were lined with eyeliner and her lips were glossy brown. The red and white closed-fit outlined her curvy brown-skinned body.

"Hi" he smiled dreamily

The brunette raised her sharp eyebrow, "too old for you hun' "

Damian blushed deep red "um.. we'll take uh.. the Cowboy ranch Spicy Chicken Wings combo with barbeque grill sauce"

The waitress tilted her head, giving a mocking smile. She shook her head and turned around "make sure you dont burn your tongue hun' "

Damian let out a breath and slumped over the table "she's so hot. I think I just met the love of my life"

Lea laughed just as she heard that and smacked his head. Damian joined in laughing his heart out, while inwardly feeling happy that he was able to cheer the other.

"Cant wait till Luciel sees your crush"

*******

"I wanna die"

"Why am I even here? Everything is so unfair" Lea cried out, tears streaming down her face.

"I told you to slow down and not compete me" Damian complained.

"You are crying too dumbass" Lea coughed out but her breaths got caught in between.

"That's because you wanted to compete me and I'm not letting anyone win" Damian answered flailing his mouth open.

"My tongue's on fire!" Lea wailed, squinting her eyes "fuck this. I'm out"

She gave up and pushed her plate away, grabbing the glass of water and gulping it all down in one go.

But to her misery, the water made her tongue burn only more.

"Oh god let's get out of here and grab some icecream" Damian declared looking at Lea's face.

Their faces were flushed, obviously not being accustomed to the flaming spicy flavour.

With paying up and Damian passing a sly flirty smile at the waitress, they both hurried out.

Luckily, an ice cream parlour was located in the same block and yhe duo quickly got in ordering their favourite flavors.

Choco chip cookie dough and Blueberry.

They decided it's better to hang out eating their icecreams than sitting in.

Talking along the way they both found themselves in the community park.

Lea smiled and listened carefully to whatever Damian was speaking about. Honestly, Lea felt a little better but she could feel the dread swirl inside.

Just as her mind caught a whiff of the Hybrid boy she felt her walls breaking. She walked ahead, dazed mostly holding all the crumbling pieces that were falling apart into pieces.

Damian noticed the absence next to him and turned to his right seeing Lea walking someplace.

He was somewhat confused on the latter's behaviour.

Ironically as if it was some poetic scene the huddled clouds over head seemed to have watched everything and let its tears fall to earth.

Drop by drops fell right to the lush grass as people began scrambling to move away or to find their umbrellas. But the two stayed right  there, one holding her heart and the other watching as his best friend crumbled.

Lea stopped in my tracks when she remembered. Those long suppressed emotions that kept stabbing her deep in the heart, came rushing out. She crouched to the damp grass holding her chest as tears left a burning trail on her cheeks.

Damian stayed close.. but kept his distance, watching helplessly. Lea could feel him shift in panic, but yet.. there was nothing he could do to heal a broken heart and to top this, the sudden rain wasn't helping her very much.

No matter how hard she tried to shut her feelings, thoughts and emotions... it always came back to him. No matter how hard she would try to look at somebody else... he would always come in her way.

Lea felt helpless and lost. All his words ringing in her ears like a blaring horn. She wanted to shut all them but somehow her fingers were numb. She didnt didnt want to hate Zack... or Ray.. and she didnt, but she was sure the latter hated her a lot.

All this time, she stayed... hoping things would go back to the way it was... when they were friends, but realizing... that Zack had indeed changed and nothing would ever be the same was like plucking her heart out.

She grabbed the cold grass in my hands as she bit her lip to hold in her cries. It was worthless and she knew that she was stupid.

She cried her heart out, her tears mingling with the rain that soaked her from head to toe. She shivered in the cold but the urge to cry was greater than anything at the moment. She felt so hopeless, mostly pathetic... believing everything Ray had told.

But all of it was a lie.

Ray.

Zack.

All of them.

She felt stupid for actually believing that maybe.. just maybe Zack would consider her. Look at her the same way she did and realizing it was all one-sided right from the beginning fucked her mind.

There was nothing more she wanted than to disappear.. as if, she had never existed in the first place.

She wanted to get out.. leave everything behind but the very thought terrified her.

She wasnt brave enough.

She wasnt brave enough to do anything.

*******

The car ride was as silent as ever. Damian sat next to Luciel who was driving and Lea sat in the back. Her face worn out and hair all damp.

Luciel had come as soon as Damian called in, reasons unexchanged... they both helped Lea to get back in the car.

Damian for a reason new, there was something going on between Zack and Lea but he felt it should be Lea who should tell him.

He didn't know what to feel... well, technically considering Lea indeed was his brother girlfriend.

He simply looked outside as the rain poured while Luciel glanced worriedly more than few times at Lea through his rearview mirror.

He had never seen her so mentally exhausted that it feared him. He hadn't asked the either of them on what had happened but he knew he had to find out later.

Luciel took a turn and soon arrived in Lea's neighborhood. Settling near the sidewalk he stopped the car and waited in silence.

"Lea.. we're here." He mumbled looking back at her. She snapped out of her thoughts and looked at him.

His hair strewn all over and his forehead was created with worry.

Lea sighed averting her gaze. "thanks... I.. I'll see you tomorrow." She mumbled opening the door and walked out holding her backpack.

Luciel felt a sharp pain in his heart as he watched his own castle fall. He wasnt sure what he was expecting.. but he could feel the end of this very short time they had.

Lea didnt really hurry although the rain was pouring in. She took her lazy time to reach to the door.

Her heart beamed just by little knowing Luciel was still waiting in his car. She turned around and gave a small wave. Not sure, if he had seen it or not she opened the door and walked in, closing the door behind her.

"Honey you home?"

Her mom's voice bounced off the walls but Lea had no more voice left in her to reply.

She felt he footsteps coming downstairs.

"Luciel called me and asked if you had come home and then your school called in- " she paused in her steps looking at her daughter.

Lea met her eyes with trembling lips.

"Honey... Azalea what's wrong baby?" She walked closer and Lea's barriers broke down again.

It seemed like the more she tried to hold in, the more she felt like exploding into tears.

Her mom however engulfed her in a warm hug, not minding if she was soaking wet.

She felt scared and confused having never seen her daughter break down like this.

"Mom. I-I cant.. I cant anymore... " Lea cried in between.

"Shh.. I'm here for you. Its okay baby.. let it all out. I'm here for you.." Natalie whispered through, feeling her own heart hurt by a little.

Lea cried even more, louder this time. Her skin tingled from feeling cold but she didnt care.

"I'm so scared... I .. dont know what.. to do" she choked between her words.

"I-I feel so lost.. and.. and Zack changed. He doesn't want m-me anymore. I feel s-so helpless... he doesn't want to hear me or.. or look at me.."

"Zack? What? Why?

Lea cried even more letting all her fears out.

"Shh it's okay. It's okay..  look at me.."

"Its not okay Mom.. I-it's not okay. Nothing..  is going right... everything is falling apart... our friendship.. everything"

Silence drifted through the room.

"He.. hates me now.. and I dont know... what to do..  And seeing.. him not want me.. Mom..."

Lea's eyes stung as more tears left her eyes.

"I-I feel so helpless... and I dont know... what to do... with Luciel.. I.. I.. he's so nice.. but then I..."

"Then what honey?" Her mom asked calmly getting a hint of where this was going.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I'm in love... with Zack Ray"

________________

______________

Author's note:

Yolo!

I'm moving out of home next week and I'm honestly terrified for college (we call it uni here, where college is basically senior high. I know. Its confusing) and also my family being extra are throwing a farewell party for me tonight. Lol

Anyway

VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.FAN

Follow me up for updates.

Love,
Jaye

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

11.5K 193 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
93.5K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
13.3M 364K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
28.7M 880K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...