A Rose and That one guy (Ruby...

By The_Kool_Aid_Guy

You're a fan of RWBY but unfortunately, so is this guy who bullies you. One day, an inexpiable accident in th... More

Leaving without a trace
Ruby Rose and That one guy
The Shining Beacon and Some other stuff
Players, Pieces, and a Few Extras
The Badge and the Burden, and an inspirational speech.
The Greatest leader
Jaunedice and a friends responsibility
Jaundice and a friends honor
The End (Of the volume)
That one date (bonus chapter)

The first step and a few steps backward

6.9K 120 147
By The_Kool_Aid_Guy

Holy piss. There's like 95 reads. That's a lot for someone who only had like 30 the first day. Well, thanks for reading this and I hope you're enjoying the story so far. Once again. Big thanks to @thatRWBYguy for giving me a shoutout. He's got a really good story so if you think mine is pretty good, you should go check his out. He's got memes. Anyways, on with teh story!!

(POV: Y/N)

I'm putting on my jacket and putting Destiny's Ward into my holsters. I turn to see that Jaune is perplexed as to why he can't find his locker.

Jaune: So... we're pretty much best friends at this point, right (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Yeah, of course.

Jaune: So you'll try and get a spot on team Jaune, right?

(Y/N): I can try, but I can't promise anything. I'm already gonna make one to someone else.

Jaune: Oh, right. Ruby, huh?

(Y/N): Yeah. I think she's probably the most capable of us to be a team leader.

Jaune: Oh, you're just saying that because you have a crush on her.

(Y/N): Huh!? No! Whatever makes you say that!? No crushes here!!

Jaune: Well, my friend, I can tell when a guy likes a girl and vice versa.

I look over Jaune's shoulder and see Weiss talking with Pyrrha. I remember that he hasn't met her yet.

(Y/N): Yeah, sure you can.

Jaune: Hmm?

(Y/N): Never mind. Hey, I'm gonna go and find Ruby. I'll catch up with you in a bit. Later Jaune!

Jaune: Wait! (Y/N)! Could you help me find my locker? Ah, crap... he's gone.

(POV: Ruby)

I was storing Crescent Rose in my locker and talking with Yang about teams when Bryan came up and started talking with us.

Yang: Oh, you again.

Bryan: I'm not here to fight, Blondie. I just wanna talk with your sister.

Yang: Fine, but make it quick.

Bryan: So Ruby... I hear that they're placing us in teams. Got any people in mind?

Ruby: Well, a few. I could try Yang's or Jaune's. Ooh and also (Y/N)'s team.

Bryan: Oh, you don't wanna be on his team. He can't fight that well.

Ruby: (Kinda angry) That's not true!

Bryan: Oh no?

Ruby: He's helped me stop a dust robbery! I've seen him fight! He's got cool weapons! He's awes-

Bryan: Well, I've also got a pretty cool weapon. And I can beat that nerd eas-

Ruby: Could you stop calling him a nerd?

Bryan: Why? He's clearly hopeless. I bet he'll die in the exam. You don't want him to be on your team. I, however, am an alternative. So if you don't want that screw up on your team, come find me.

Ruby: Can you stop? He's not a screw up, he's my friend.

Yang: I think he's said enough. You can leave now.

Bryan: Whatever. If you change your mind, I'll save you a spot on my team. (Walks away)

Ruby: Yeah, whatever.

Yang: What a jerk.

Ruby: (Y/N) says that he's mad because he tried to go after his ex and failed.

Yang: So what happened then? Breakup?

Ruby: He said it wasn't.

Yang: But she's his ex?

Ruby: He wouldn't say much about it, just that it was a bad subject to talk about.

Yang: Whatever. You should ask him about that later.

Ruby: I dunno. Maybe if we get to know him a bit better.

(Y/N): Get to know who better?

Ruby: GAH!! (Jumps into Yang's arms) (Y/N)!

Yang: So you're (Y/N) huh?

(Y/N): (Already knowing who she is) Yeah, and you?

Yang: I'm Yang. Ruby's older sister.

(Y/N): Oh, the one who ditched her right before she exploded?

Yang: Hey! You should be thanking me for that! Ruby wouldn't shut up about you last ni-

Ruby: So (Y/N)!!

(Y/N): Hmm?

Ruby: You meant it when you said you would wanna be on my team, cuz you think I'd be a good leader, right?

(Y/N): Yeah, of course I did!

Ruby: Yeah, but why?

(Y/N): Well, why not? During the dust robbery, you didn't hesitate to take out the bad guys, and you didn't stop when Roman fled. You went after him! I think that-

Glynda: (Over loudspeaker) Would all first year students please report to the cliff for initiation?

(Y/N): Oh hey! Time to go! Anyway, I hope I end up on your team!

Ruby: Yeah, me too! Which reminds me... You'd better pass, you hear!?

(Y/N): Loud and clear, Rosebud!

Ruby: (Blushes) Well, uh... good luck, uh... scarf... uh... boy!

(Y/N): (laughs at Ruby's failed attempt at giving you a nickname) Good luck Ruby!

He turns around and helps up Jaune, who was just knocked down by a girl who threw her spear at him. Oh, he's such a nice friend to Jaune. I wonder if the three of us will end up on a team with Yang too?

Timeskip, cliffside

(POV: 3rd)

Ozpin: For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your skills will be evaluated in the Emerald forest.

Goodwitch: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard about the assignment of teams. Allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today.

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon, so It is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well. That being said, the first person who you make eye contact with will be your partner for the next four years.

Ruby: WHAT!?

(Y/N): Don't worry, it'll be fine... I hope (Looks over at Bryan)

Nora: See? (looks at Ren) I told you!

Oz: After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die. You will be graded for the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path, containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. However, this year, we have admitted 2 additional students into Beacon this year.

You look over at Bryan, he glares at you and looks away. All you can do is roll your eyes knowing that he already made his choice to what Ozpin was about to say.

Ozpin: They know who they are and they know that they have the choice to either work together, or find a new partner. I trust they will both know what decision to make when the time comes. Should they make the choice to go alone, we have placed 2 additional relics in the temple. We will regard these items, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?

Jaune: Yeah, um, sir?

Oz: Good! Now, take your positions.

Everybody gets into a stance so they can move more freely through the air... everybody that is, except for Jaune.

Jaune: (Raises hand) Um, sir? I got um, a question...

Weiss is launched from where she is standing

Jaune: So this... landing strategy thing. Uh, what is it? You're like... dropping us off or something?

Oz: No. You will be falling.

Bryan is launched, followed by Nora, then Ren, then Cardin, and so on.

Jaune: Oh, I see... So, like, did you hand out parachutes for us?

Oz: No. You will be using your own landing strategy.

Jaune: Uh huh... that...

Yang puts on her shades and is launched. Ruby turns to you.

Ruby: Good luck (Y/N)!

(Y/N): Good luck to you too Ruby!

You watch as Ruby is thrown into the sky. You pull out Destiny's Ward in dual wield sword form and get ready.

Jaune: So, what exactly is a-

You don't hear what he says before you yourself are launched into the air. However, you do hear him say the ending of his sentence as he follows you through the air saying:

Jaune: -EEEEEEEEYY!?

You soon see Ruby slow herself down near where Weiss has landed. But then guess who else starts to slow themselves down near that area? (Author points thumb behind his back, just like when Fluffy's friend, Fillipe wouldn't shut the hell up. Also, props to whoever knows who Fluffy is.)

(POV: Y/N)

That's right, Bryan. I knew he also had developed a crush on Ruby, but if he was going to be her partner, It could disrupt the timeline. I switched Destiny's Ward into rifle mode and slowed myself into some trees. When I got close to a tree trunk, I activated my semblance and ran over to where I saw Ruby land. I had arrived just in time. Bryan was right behind Ruby and Ruby was just about to run into Weiss. I ran in between Ruby and Bryan and though for a second.

(Y/N): Ozpin said that we have to make eye contact with someone to be their partner. Bryan clearly wants to go it alone. So I guess I'll respect his wish. Good thing he's got his eyes closed from blinking.

I picked him up and moved him a good enough distance away from Ruby and Weiss. I then turned around and deactivated my semblance. Just try to imagine a random noise but make it sound like he's pissed off.

Bryan: YOU MOTHER FUCKER!!

(Y/N):(Facing away) What?

Bryan: RUBY AND I WERE SUPPOSED TO BE PARTNERS AND NOW I'M STUCK WITH YOU!

(Y/N): Okay. 2 things, Bryan. ONE, we haven't made eye contact yet. TWO, YOU COULD'VE DISRUPTED THE TIMELINE! WEISS IS SUPPOSED TO BE RUBY'S PARTNER! AND YOU KNOW IT!

Bryan: You fucked up for the last time, you goddamn nerd!

(Y/N): Well, you clearly didn't wanna be partners, so we won't be!

I take my scarf off of my neck and wrap it around my eyes like a blindfold.

Bryan: I'll fucking kill you!

(A/n: Background music optional: Sheer heart attack by Queen)

I hear him pull out what sounds like an assault rifle. He fires a few bullets before I activate my semblance again and do my best to run behind him. Once I know for sure that I'm behind him, I pull my scarf down and go down to his boots. I untie the laces and then I tie them together. Hoping that will buy me some time. I try to leave, but I saw that there were some Ursai in the area. I couldn't just leave him here with his shoes tied together so I deactivated my semblance and started to shoot the Ursai with Destiny's Ward in rifle form. Once they were all cleared I turned to see Bryan on the ground screaming in anger. He transformed his gun into a longsword and cut his laces. I pulled up my blindfold and turned Destiny's Ward into it's two handed sword form. The only thing I could do now was listen.

(POV: 3rd)

Bryan ran towards you and swung his sword to your torso. You swung Destiny's Ward downward and blocked his attack. He tried swinging his sword in any way he could to try and land a hit on you, but you blocked every attempt to do so. He then lifted his foot and kicked Destiny's Ward out of your hands. He switched his weapon back into gun mode and began to fire at you. You ran around in a circle without using your semblance to conserve any aura that might help against his attack. You weren't able to make a full circle, however. You tripped over a rock and fell to the ground.

Bryan: Usually, I'd just kill you right now...

(Y/N): Usually?

Bryan:... but I want to make this hurt.

He transforms his gun once again, except this time, it's a spear.

Bryan: Take this, assface!

Right before he stabs you, you both hear the screeching of a Nevermore. You quickly get up and take off your scarf. You split Destiny's Ward in two and look at Bryan's reflection in one of the blades and block with the other.

(Y/N): I'd love to stick around... but I have a flight to catch...

(Y/N) switch Destiny's Ward into their pistol forms and shoot Bryan twice, knocking him back. As you run towards the nevermore, you feel something piercing through your arm. Bryan managed to fire a single round at you. It was unexpected, therefore, you never activated your aura.

Bryan: NOOO!!!

You use your semblance to run up a tree and grab onto the nevermore, but your weak arm causes you to slip. You began to fall, when a hand caught you and a familiar voice made you feel so relieved.

Ruby: (Y/N)!

(Y/N): Ruby!

Ruby: You're hurt!

(Y/N): I know, it's not too bad. It just needs a minute.

Ruby: Are you okay?

(Y/N): I'm fine. After all, I did find you. Didn't I?

Ruby: Yeah. I'm glad you did!

Weiss: As happy as this reunion seems, do I have to remind you two that we ARE FLYING ON THE BACK OF A NEVERMORE!!?

(POV: Y/N)

As it turns out, Weiss was right. We were all holding on to the back of the nevermore. It was going so fast, we had to do our best to keep our grip and not fall off.

Ruby: So (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Yeah?

Ruby: We're supposed to be fighting grimm. How'd you get what looks like a bullet wound?

(Y/N): Oh, it's nothing. I just had a little run in with Bryan is all.

Ruby: I get that he hates you, but would he really attack you?

(Y/N): Well, he got mad that you already had a partner, so he took his anger out on me.

Ruby: Really?

(Y/N): Yeah. Don't worry. Happens all the time.

Ruby: Then, shouldn't he be YOUR partner?

(Y/N): Well Ozpin said we had to make eye contact, and we never did.

Weiss: Then how did you fight him?

(Y/N): I used my scarf and tried to fight him blindfolded.

Weiss: There is no way that you did that!

(Y/N): I did. I never said I came out of that fight unscathed.

Ruby: Don't worry (Y/N)! as soon as we grab a relic and head back to the cliffside, we can get that patched up!

(Y/N): Don't worry about me for now. I want YOU to pass, remember?

Ruby: Yeah! But I want you to pass too!

Weiss: Will you both calm down? We can all pass if we just figure out what to do! Does anyone have any ideas?

Ruby: I have one!

Weiss: You've had enough ideas just like this one. Which was, by the way, a very bad idea!

Ruby: We're fine! Stop worrying!

Weiss: I am so beyond worried right now!

Ruby:...In a good way?

(Y/N): Can you be beyond worried in a good way?

Weiss: You can't! I'm beyond worried in a very bad way!

Ruby: Then why don't we just jump!?

(Y/N): I'm jumping! Whether or not you decide to join us is up to you!

Weiss: What are you two, insane!?

We're gone. As ruby and I fall down, we see the abandoned temple. We also notice that we were both about to crash into Blake and Yang

Ruby: HEADS UP!!

Will (Y/N) Be able to catch Ruby before she hits the ground? Who's team will he end up on? Will Bryan ever get his revenge? What dangers lie in store for our heroes? Find out on the next Dragon Bal- I mean... uh... chapter of the story! Thanks for reading and I will post a new part soon. See you tomorrow!

-The Kool Aid Guy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8K 419 20
The story of Raiden Rose, Ruby's twin brother who was abused and wanted to run away from his family and start a new life or die trying. But all of th...
4.6K 164 8
Y/N L/N isn't a fighter but rather a writer, during his time as a writing he struggled to find a story that would make a big hit. After a few years o...
473 19 13
(RWBY various (girls and guys) x Female!OC) ❁"𝘞𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦, 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥; 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘢...
577 21 6
After Y/n's life goes south he is force to abandon all hes known, infiltrating to Beacon Academy to find refuge against his multiple enemies in Remna...