not just a pretty face [sasus...

By saccharinskies

i fell in love with a person, not just their pretty face ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "Tell me why you love me." "You're beautiful... More

one
zero
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
epilogue
a final note

five

2.1K 119 58
By saccharinskies

a/n By The Way Bakery is a real place, however I have altered the appearance of the building in this book. 

S.H

"We're here."

The taxi stopped in front of a café, tires screeching. The café was just on the outskirts of the city, a large park right next to it. By The Way Bakery was a cute, old-fashioned themed building with beige curtains and dark wood doors. The bricks had been painted with a cream colour, which shone in the sun. 

Ino let out a girly squeal and hopped off the taxi, already bouncing at the thought of going on a date. Sighing, Sakura handed the driver a wad of notes and clambered out of the car. 

"Eh?" the blonde suddenly frowned as she realized Sakura was joining her. "Why're you here?"

"Do you have a problem?" challenged Sakura, not wanting to give away to full reason as to why she was here. Which was to spy on Ino and her date, of course. But Ino shouldn't know that. 

Ino's frowned deepened. "No. But what are you going to do? You can't sit with us."

"I'm not, dummy," Sakura rolled her eyes. "There's a shopping center nearby. I want to look at buy some scarves."

"If you wanted to buy scarves, Hina would've come," baby blue eyes focused on the taxi that was speeding off in the distance with their friend on board. "Wait."

Ino glared at her accusingly. "Are you going to spy on me?"

Shoot. Sakura paused for a moment, her mind whirring as she thought for excuses. "Uh, you better go! You're date is starting soon!"

The pinkette began pushing her best friend into the bakery, despite Ino's resistance. "Sak-"

It was too late. Ino was already pushed into the bakery, leaving Sakura panting with exhaustion outside. Who knew Ino could be so heavy when she wanted to? 

Exhaling loudly, Sakura began to walk towards a bench in the park which faced the side window of the bakery. Whether this Sai person was in the café or not, the date was starting soon. She quickened her pace as Shikamaru's words echoed in her head. Go to the wooden bench opposite the large window to the bakery. I'll be there.

Sakura smirked when she caught sight of brown hair sticking up behind a magazine. She ran up to Shikamaru, her hands on her hips when she stopped. "You're terrible at hiding, Shikamaru."

The magazine rustled, and was brought down to reveal a grinning brunette and...a stone-faced ravenette. Shock pulsed throughout Sakura's body as she realized who it was. Her heart sped up quickly, and she clenched her fists in frustration. 

Wait. What? 

Sakura blinked, waiting for the illusion of him to go away. But it didn't. He only smirked at her like he had just won the lottery. 

Sasuke Uchiha can't be here. No way. No. This must be a dream.

Isn't it?

-----------------------

S.U

"You're terrible at hiding, Shikamaru."

Sasuke's close friend brought down the magazine, revealing him to her. Sasuke watched as her emerald eyes widened in shock, how her body stopped moving straight after she realized who it was. 

He took this as an opportunity to truly see how much she changed in the nine years that had passed. He saw her a few days ago, but she had somehow managed to run away before he could properly look at her. 

Her pink exotic hair was still short, which Sasuke found to make her stand out of the crowd of the stereotypical girls with long hair. Her emerald eyes was still wide with shock, but the sun made her eyes look completely ethereal.

She looked exactly like the day he left her. 

Even if her forehead wasn't as big and her breasts definitely had increased in size. She was the same intelligent and independent Sakura Haruno who wasn't afraid to speak her mind and didn't care when it came to looks. Sasuke smirked, glad that she hadn't changed at all. 

"Ah, Sakura," Shikamaru grinned at the model. Sasuke saw Sakura shoot him a glare, and he knew they were both thinking the same thing. Bastard probably planned this. "Why don't you sit down-"

"No way," she said firmly. All her previous cheekiness had vanished. Shikamaru raised an eyebrow. Sasuke glanced away, knowing the reason behind her choice. "You know what happened in high-school. No way am I going to sit down with him."

Green eyes shot a poisonous glare at Sasuke. So she still wasn't over that, Sasuke concluded. But did he really expect her to welcome Sasuke back with open arms?

No. 

Other women and girls would, but not this particular woman. Sakura Haruno is independent. She doesn't need a man. Isn't that what made him fall for her in the first place?

"Okay," Sasuke shrugged, knowing that he was acting like an absolute jerk even though he didn't want him to be. But that's what made his father proud, wasn't it? The coldness, the aloofness, the arrogance. At least one of those three qualities were in each Uchiha. "Go home then."

Sakura directed her rage towards him now, a scowl forming on her face. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me," Sasuke lifted his chin up. He was doing this for his father. Getting closer to Sakura would only mean him falling for her again. And the trouble that happened nine years ago repeating itself. Sakura could not get close to him. "Shikamaru invited you. He invited me as well. If you don't want to be here if I'm here, do you really think you can kick me out? If you really don't want to interact with me, you can leave."

Onyx clashed with emerald as they stared each other down, daring the other to speak. Sasuke clenched his jaw, not interested in backing down. 

"Uhm," Shikamaru coughed, reminding the two that he was here. "Can you guys at least do a truce? A temporary one, at least? Just for today?"

Sasuke considered this idea. He hated being the jerk version of himself all the time. Maybe, maybe just for one day he could be the person he wanted to be. Nothing much could happen in one day, right? What was the harm? "Alright."

"Sakura?" Shikamaru asked. Pink eyebrows were knitted together, carefully evaluating the situation. "Just for today?"

"Fine," relented Sakura. She sat down on the bench, careful not to sit next to the Uchiha. "Alright, then. Let's do some spying."

Shikamaru grinned, looking relieved. "Sai entered the café just a moment ago. Look, they're introducing themselves."

This place provided a perfect location to spy on the two, Sasuke observed. The window was nice and large, and gave the trio a full view of Sai and Ino from head-to-toe. The bench wasn't too far or too close, so they could spy without being seen. 

Sasuke watched closely as Sai opened his mouth and talked, undoubtedly telling Ino a little about himself. What he said at the end must've been funny because it was obvious from even a distance that the blonde was laughing her head off. 

It continued like that for a while. Their side faced the three, so only blonde and jet black hair was visible. Sasuke already knew what both Ino and Sai looked like, however, given that he shared an apartment with Sai and Ino attended his high-school. 

The food arrived, Anzac biscuits and hot chocolate for Sai. He had never been a sweet tooth. Ino, however, as the opposite.  Two different types of cupcakes and a lemon meringue sat on her plate, along with an iced chocolate. 

Ino brought her phone out and gestured for a photo. The two turned their face towards Sasuke so that the sun would enhance their skin, probably Ino's words. All three of them had a perfect view of their faces now, lighting up into cheesy smiles. 

"That's Sai?" Sakura gave an angry shout and stood up. Sasuke raised an eyebrow at her behavior, confused. Sai wasn't that ugly that Sakura would be angry. Does she know him? Sakura glared down at Shikamaru. "Why did you send my best friend on a date with a jerk like him?"

Do you see everyone as jerks? Sasuke wanted to question her badly. But they were on a temporary truce. He couldn't argue back with her. Why Sakura thought Sai was a jerk was beyond him. Sai could be a bit stone-faced at times, but Sasuke thought his blunt humor was hella funny. 

"Sai's not a jerk," Shikamaru said smoothly. He gestured towards the café, where the two were laughing. "Besides, they seem to be having fun. I knew they would be a good match."

"Hmph," huffed Sakura, sitting back down and crossing her arms. "He was never that nice to me."

Sasuke found himself wondering where Sakura and Sai had met before. Eh, it didn't really matter. To him, anyway. "Sheesh, they've already finished their food. What pigs."

"Especially Ino," agreed Sakura instantly. "She goes crazy for food."

"That's good," Sasuke thought it out. "Sai's an excellent chef as well as an artist. You should see some of the work he's done at the gallery."

"Ino would love to be drawn by Sai," grinned the Haruno. "She needs to find someone that will make her look pretty instead of threatening to sue them."

"Not going to lie, I would take that rather than your punch any day," Sasuke smirked back instantly. "Even my worse enemy shouldn't experience that."

Sasuke smirk grew as Sakura laughed aloud. Reluctantly, his heart quickened upon hearing that. Even her laugh hadn't changed it nine years. It was still loud and different, a perfect description of her.

"See," Shikamaru smirked to himself. The two people sitting on either side of him glanced to face that pineapple head. "You guys get along."

What had just happened sunk in. Sasuke had a proper conversation with Sakura. The first one after he hurt her nine years ago. He never expected it to be so easy. Sasuke was just arguing with her a moment ago. Now they had been chatting like they were bestfriends. Sasuke turned his head to the side, hoping to conceal the faint blush growing on his cheeks. "Whatever."

"T-That was a one-off thing," Sakura stuttered, and Sasuke could sense her growing red. "I forgot that I was talking to the biggest dick on earth."

Ouch.

Pretend like you weren't laughing with me a moment ago.

Okay.

"I just forgot how pathetic and whiny Sakura Haruno is," Sasuke scoffed, insulting Sakura back. She rolled her eyes tiredly. Nobody insults an Uchiha and gets away with it. Even if he didn't really mean it.

"Shut it," Shikamaru interrupted, sick and tired from their bickering. "You two agreed to a truce. We're spying on Ino and Sai right now."

"Shikamaru," Sasuke addressed the male, wanting to set something straight. "Why are you so set on setting your friend up with your ex?"

"Ino's not just my ex," Shikamaru reminded him. "We used to be best friends before our...romance. I love Temari, but Ino's still my friend and I still care for her. I don't want her to be hung up on me when I'm with Temari. Now shut up and watch the two."

Silence filled the gap as the trio kept a close eye on Sai and Ino. They stood up together, paying at the counter. A minute later, and they had exited the café. Shikamaru immediately brought the magazine up, which was just big enough the hide the three. The blonde stretched her arms, a wide grin settling onto her face. She spoke some words excitedly to the new Senju model, pointing far off into the distance of the park.

Sasuke watched as Sai nodded and the duo held hands as they walked deeper into the park, and out of the three's eyes. Shikamaru immediately leapt to his feet. "I'll go follow them. You two, stay here."

"We're not children," scoffed Sasuke as his friend dashed off. Silence started engulfing the two, alongside extreme awkwardness. Each second that passed, he suspected that Sai and Ino weren't the only two Shikamaru was trying to set up. He spared a glance at the woman on the opposite side of the bench. "Shikamaru can be annoying sometimes."

The pinkette stayed silent, looking the left towards the mini hill that Sai and Ino had crossed. A small frown fell onto Sasuke's face. "Do you know when this date is going to end?"

Sakura remained silent, staying in the same position. Sasuke's frowned deepened. "Hello? You're ignoring me on purpose, aren't you?"

Her silence confirmed his question. Rolling his eyes, Sasuke exhaled in frustration. "I'm actually trying to be friends with you. The least you can do is look at me."

"Sasuke, you don't have to be so cold all the time," she frowned as he continued to ignore her. "Some people actually want to be friends with you. The least you can do is look at them."

Sasuke mentally shook that memory from his head. Not now. 

"Using my own words against me, Uchiha?" Sakura finally replied, her eyes narrowing at him. "Really?"

"So you still remember that," Sasuke smirked, knowing it made her livid. "Even though that was what, ten years ago? Eh, I don't blame you. No one forgets their first encounter with an Uchiha."

"Quit acting so arrogant," Sakura scorned, anger clearly raging throughout her. "Seriously, I'm just going to go back to ignoring you."

"Don't," Sasuke glared at her. "And I can't help it. All Uchihas inherit arrogance."

Sakura scowled deeply. "And that's why I don't like them. Especially you."

"Look," he breathed deeply. "I'm trying to befriend you. Maybe if you weren't so cold, I wouldn't have to be cold back."

"You?" Sakura raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Want to befriend me? No chance."

"Wha-" Sasuke began to talk, but was cut off by a furious shout.

Sakura towered over him, her eyes slits that radiated dangerous energy. Her hands were on her hips, ready to punch anything. "Don't pretend like you don't know, Uchiha! You know perfectly well why I don't want anything to do with you! You can't waltz into my life and pretend like you didn't hurt me nine years ago! You hurt me beyond what I could take. Even today, what you did had so a big impact on my life. And I hate that you do that to me. Just get out of my life!"

Sasuke only looked at her face which was scarlet with anger. She had just said the harshest words he had ever heard in his life. Yet they didn't hurt at all. Maybe, it's because they were true. No, not maybe. Definitely would be the better word choice. 

He couldn't even begin to imagine how much emotional pain and betrayal he had put her through. And Sasuke hated himself for it. He stood up, facing Sakura and making sure that absolutely no emotion slipped through his face. "Why don't you leave then?"

"That's a good idea," Sakura grabbed a handbag she had placed on the floor. She began to walk towards the road, behind Sasuke. "Go- shit!"

As soon as Sakura yelped out, Sasuke felt his body slam onto the grass from the weight that had collided into him. Mild pain flared in his back and he winced slightly, closing his eyes. 

He opened his eyes to be met by a completely beautiful sight. Light pink bangs that reminded Sasuke of fairy floss framed her pale, delicate face. Her long lashes fluttered, and forest green orbs opened wide in surprise. They were so reflective that he could see his own face staring back in awe. Her eyes just seemed to pull him in into a deep trance in which he never wanted to be released from. 

Beautiful. 

It felt like time had stopped. What seemed to be three years turned about to be three seconds. Everything ended way too fast for Sasuke's liking. 

"Uh," when she realized what was happening, Sakura turned a bright shade of scarlet. She pushed herself off his chest and scrambled to her feet and saying some words super fast. "I'mgonnagobye!"

The next thing Sasuke knew was that the woman had started running towards the road, hailing a taxi with her pink hair in a frenzy. And in spite of himself, his first real smile in months crept onto his face. 

-------------------------

please don't be a silent reader <3 let me know what you think so far in the comments, or at least drop a vote

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!

Word count: 2762

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

681K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
222K 7.3K 26
Disclaimer: This is a fan fiction written by moviefan-92 in fanfiction.net. All rights goes to her. I do not own this story & did not contribute to t...
1.1M 49.5K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
136K 3.6K 36
The students graduated and are now registered heroes and they are living up to their dream. Bakugou unexpectedly meets Uraraka one day during a battl...