Ethereal (COMPLETED)

By Lieria_

e·the·re·al /əˈTHirēəl/ (adj.) extremely delicate light, too perfect for this world. ------ Her lips curved i... More

1: White
2: Jophiel
3: Seek and You will Find
4: Hell Week
5: Spring Day
6: Beautiful Soul
7: 4 Letters
9: Time is Precious
10: Afriel
11: Emergency
12: Time will Come
13: Eavesdrop
14: Leaked
15: Eris
16: Happiest
17: Weak Soul
18: Fake
19: Caffeine
20: Dream or Nightmare
21: Destiny
22: Dead Leaves
23: Ready
24: I Knew
25: Black hoodie
26: Dinner
27: YOLO
28: Fallen
29: Bicycle
30: Let it Be
31: Challenge
32: Cigarettes and Alcohol
33: Pounding heart
34: Interview
35: Muster
36: Feelings
37: Fire
38: More
39: Horror
40: Confession
41: Consequences
42: Kiss of Death
43: Cloud 9
44: Deal
45: Sick
46: Queen
47: Call
48: Blue Sweater
49: Love is Not Over
50: Brothers
51: Love
52: Red Dress
53: Forever
54: Epilogue

8: Only Friend

2.7K 155 8
By Lieria_

I lean to her as I reach for her seatbelt and put it on her.

I can smell her scent by the short distance between us, and it smells so dreamy I can't even explain.

As usual, I blushed as my body feels close to her. But Sophie didn't even jerk, she's just looking at me.

I wonder, If she feels the same way I feel whenever I'm near her.

I started to drive. I picked her up at the library and now we're on our way to our dorm for the birthday dinner.

I don't know what to feel. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

It's my first time introducing a girl to my brothers, and I hope they won't say anything stupid about me or I'll kick their asses.

And I'm also nervous if Sophie will like the boys, because I myself, didn't like them at first.

"I hope you'll like the boys. They're really nice even it doesn't show, at first glance." I chuckled.

"Everyone has a good heart. But sometimes, they just let the world overtake them."

I wonder if it's because she loves reading that's why her words are always so deep... but meaningful.

I glanced at her over the side mirror. She's wearing a white dress, as always. But the style is always different too. She seemed to fix her hair because it's braided like a crown, which really suited her.

She's looking outside with full attention, like it's her first time seeing those things.

Then she suddenly beamed at me, "I'm excited! It's my first time going to a birthday party."

I was taken aback, "Aren't you invited by your friends before?"

"You're my only friend, Yoongi."

You're my only friend, Yoongi.

I don't know if I should be sad, because im her only friend.

Or should be happy because of the same reason?

But why. Sophie is so nice, why doesn't she have any friends?

I want to ask why but she suddenly opened her mouth to say something, "My oppa said I should be home by eight."

Oppa? So she has an older brother. But it's already six in the evening, eight is too early. It's like she's not a teen anymore. She's an adult.

I think it's because she's fragile, too nice for this world that's why her brother seems to overprotect her.

But who am I to complain? Every time spent with her should be cherished.

"Okay. I'll drive you home by eight."

-

We're walking inside the dorm right now. I gaze at her, her eyes exploring.

She's holding a small blue paper bag, which I guess is a gift for Jungkook. I wonder what is it because she never asked me about Jungkook.

And I feel jealous because I also want a gift from her. Should I tell her that I'll celebrate my birthday soon, too?

Even though it's already September and my birthday is March, she'll never know right?

We're on our way to the dining room and I can already hear the laughs and bickering, along with the music.

Sophie just following behind me.

They all turned their heads to us the moment we stepped in.

I know we're always together, but why do I feel embarrassed? "Uhh... guys this is Sophie." I gestured to her.

"Hi everyone," she bowed with a smile.

Taehyung jolted in from outside, "Guys he's here. Close the lights... and the music!"

The lights are switched off so the entire place was filled with darkness. The only light was from the cake's candle held by Jimin. I held Sophie's hand and gently grabbed her next to me.

She just looked at me and smile. Even through the darkness, I can see her purple glistening eyes at me.

"Anybody here? Why is it so dark?!" Jungkook entered while drying his hair with the towel around his neck.

The lights switched on.

Saengil chukha hamnida

Sarang haneun Jungkook-shi

Saengil chukha hamnidaaaaaaaa!

-

We were all gathered around the table, eating. The table is full of laughter and bickering as always.

"Sorry Jungkook-ah, I didn't have the time to cook seaweed soup." Jin hyung told Jungkook.

"Ahh it's okay hyung!" Jungkook waved his hand in the air as he eats.

I put a grilled pork to Sophie's plate, and some side dishes.

Everybody's looking at us and I swear I want to kill them now. They're making me red.

"Yoongi hyung, you didn't introduce us to her yet." Namjoon told me.

"I guess she already knows us," Jimin shrugged as if he's saying, of course we're BTS.

"No... She doesn't." I saw that they got a little surprised about that. "So this is Namjoon, Jimin, Hoseok, Jin hyung, Taehyung and the birthday boy Jungkook." I gestured to each of them as they say hi.

"So how old are you?" Jimin asked.

"Same as you," Sophie just smirked.

Ahh this girl. She said she has the same age as me? And how does she knows Jimin's age?

Yeah Jimin is popular.

"Sho you're nooooo...na." Jungkook said while eating.

"Ah yes. I have a gift for you," she handed the paper bag to Jungkook. "Happy birthday!"

Jungkook got up and bowed, "Thank you."

"So how do you met?" Jin hyung asked.

I shoot a glare at him. They know I won't tell them things that's why they're asking Sophie.

"At the library," I answered even though I'm not asked.

"People meet for a reason," she answered with a smile.

And of course, her words left us dumbfounded.

"You're beautiful," Namjoon chirped in as if it's a normal thing to say.

"Ahh yes! I agree! I never seen someone like you," Taehyung added with his famous boxy smile.

I choked.

"Thanks! Everyone is beautiful in their own way," she answered nonchalantly.

Jimin cupped his own face while smiling sweetly, "I like you now."

I shoot him daggers. He saw it then he immediately stopped staring at her and pretended to eat.

"Ahh. Now I know why Yoongi hyung went crazy about you," Jhope patted my back.

I widened my eyes at him and I mouthed him,

I'll. kill. you.

He acted like he's zipping his mouth and continued eating.

Sophie looked at me, her head tilted a little like she's asking what Jhope means.

"Uhhh.." I don't know what say. I just wrapped some meat with vegetables and put it on her plate.

She chuckled and ate it right away.

"So Sophie... what do you do?" Namjoon asked.

I hate the way he calls Sophie like they've been friends for a long time.

And I also hate the way he's staring at her, for a long time now.

Uhhh don't say that you spread love. They'll gonna like you more.

"She-" I was about to answer when she cut me.

"I study... people."

"Ahhh. So you're a college student. Cool," Namjoon smiled at her and nodded.

She didn't tell me such things about her.
Why?

She tugged the hem of my shirt under the table and whispered, "I need to go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377K 16.1K 54
A simple bite gone wrong. Awesome cover by @taehyungneedsahug ! Bts fanfic - reader x vampire taehyung THERE WILL BE A BIT OF PROFANITY, PLEASE DO BE...
1.3K 390 41
[LEISURELY EDITING] This book is already completed but there may be alot of grammatical errors and typos so please let it slide for now since I'm a r...
5.7K 504 16
love is said to be a beautiful thing so beautiful that it makes you forget everything around you. sometimes we give ourselves to people that are only...
71.4K 5.9K 60
"You have broken me" I said quietly, staring at the floor as my hands wrapped around my knees as I bought them to my chest. I heard the sigh escape h...