A Rose and That one guy (Ruby...

By The_Kool_Aid_Guy

You're a fan of RWBY but unfortunately, so is this guy who bullies you. One day, an inexpiable accident in th... More

Leaving without a trace
Ruby Rose and That one guy
The first step and a few steps backward
Players, Pieces, and a Few Extras
The Badge and the Burden, and an inspirational speech.
The Greatest leader
Jaunedice and a friends responsibility
Jaundice and a friends honor
The End (Of the volume)
That one date (bonus chapter)

The Shining Beacon and Some other stuff

8.9K 138 466
By The_Kool_Aid_Guy

Holy frick, there's 28 reads. That's like... 25 more than I expected. Also, big thanks to @ThatRWBYguy and @CalculativeCadaver for support and writing advice. You should check out their stories after you read this. Anyways, here's the new part. Hope you enjoy.

(POV Y/N): I walked outside to Beacons courtyard. I got kinda nervous. I was about to meet all my favorite characters who were now... real, I guess. I thought about what Ozpin said about Ruby, and what he said about Bryan... I really hope he didn't mean what I think he meant.

The ship landed and out rushed Jaune Arc. He ran to the nearest trash can and lost his lunch. I walked over to him and started talking.

Me: Motion sickness, Am I right?

Jaune: (Barfs) Yeah. It's a lot more serious than most people think.

Me: I'll say. (pulls out motion sickness pill and water bottle) Here, take this.

Jaune: (Takes pill)Thanks. Thanks a lot, uhh...

Me: (Y/N). (Y/N) (L/N)

Jaune: Jaune Arc.

We shake hands

Me: Nice name. Short, sweet, and rolls of the tongue. I bet the ladies love it.

Jaune: Yeah, yeah, maybe they do. You're alright (Y/N)!

Suddenly, we hear an explosion, I look to see Ruby being chewed out by Weiss. I watch for a while and after Blake leaves, I hear Ruby say, "welcome to beacon" before she falls on her knees and lays down. I take this as my opportunity to enter the scene.

Me: Hang on Jaune, I'll be right back.

I rush over to Ruby

Jaune: Hey, wait up!

(POV: Ruby)

Me: I guess I'm not the only one having a rough first day. Soo, whats...

I turn to the girl in black, but she's already started to leave. Uggghh!! Why'd Yang have to ditch me? She could've helped me with that mean girl! I collapse on the ground and close my eyes I just wish things would get better...

???: Having a rough first day?

I look up and see the boy who helped me fight Torchwick last night. (Y/N) (L/N), I think. I'm glad I at least knew someone here.

(POV: 3rd)

Ruby:(On the ground): You could say that. My sister just ditched me and I just exploded.

(Y/N): Hmm... (Mimics explosion noise and falls to the ground next to Ruby)

Ruby sees you fall down next to her, this makes her laugh, but it also makes her smile. Thanks to you, she now feels somewhat welcome, and her day has gotten slightly better. And seeing her smile warms melts your heart instantly.

Ruby: (laughs) Lemme guess... you exploded, too?

(Y/N): You got it! Anyways, couldn't help but notice that you're not with anyone else here, you didn't bring any friends with you, huh?

Ruby: (Sadly) Nope... I guess that's what happens when (Y/N) get moved up 2 years.

(Y/N): Yeah, I got moved up too. I can't really say that I had friends who I'd wanna bring with me, or any at all, really.

Ruby: Oh, then I guess we're both having a rough, friendless, first day, huh?

(Y/N): Yeah, but I guess having friends could change that. (Stands up and holds out hand) And right now, I think we both need one.

Ruby: (Takes your hand) Do you really mean it?

(Y/N): Yeah! Who wouldn't want someone like you as a friend? You seem really nice, not to mention that I've seen you fight. It's awesome!

Ruby: (Blushes) Oh, stop...

(Y/N): C'mon Ruby, lets go make some more friends.

Ruby: You remember my name?

(Y/N): Yeah, It's kinda hard to forget a name like yours.

Ruby: Because it's simple?

(Y/N): Well, that and because It's cute.

Ruby: (Blushes) Well, thanks.

(Y/N): Yeah, of course! Oh wait a sec... Hey Jaune!

Jaune: (Walks over) Yeah?

(Y/N): Ruby, this is Jaune Arc. Jaune, This is Ruby Rose.

Ruby: Nice to meet ya!

Jaune: Yeah, you too!

Ruby: Aren't you the guy who threw up on the ship?

(POV: Bryan) I finally made it to Beacon. I was sent here as part of a mission to get back at (Y/N) while at the same time, try and get information for something that not even Roman knows about. I volunteered to go on this mission because knowing (Y/N). He'd probably join the main cast. I would've, but I didn't know where to go. I spotted (Y/N) in the courtyard talking to that goofy comic relief guy John, and the main girl Ruby.

I already thought she was cute, but seeing here with my own eyes, she was somehow cuter. I guess if I wanted anything to go my way, I'd have to find (Y/n) Kick his ass, and slowly work my way towards Ruby before he gets to her first. Just like always. I remember (Y/N) being popular with every girl he met until I decided that said girl was to hot for him and I had to kick his ass. He didn't always win, and when he didn't, his friends would slowly start to abandon him. But what pissed me off the most was that he never tried to get back at me. He would always just find a way to start over. No matter what, he would never allow me to get to him. But this time, things were gonna be different.

(POV: 3rd):

Jaune: All I'm saying is that motion sickness is a much more common problem than people let on!

Ruby: Look, I'm sorry. Vomit Boy was the first thing that came to mind.

(Y/N): Yeah, she's kinda got a point there, buddy.

Jaune: Oh, well what if I called you crater face?

(Y/N): I thought the explosion was an accident?

Ruby: IT WAS!! THANK YOU!!

Jaune: Well, the name is Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue. Ladies love it!

He looks at you and you give him a thumbs up

Ruby: Do they?

Jaune: They will, I hope they will... I think my mom always says that... never mind.

Ruby: (Chuckles) Soo... I got this thing...

Ruby turns to look at you, she then pulls out Crescent Rose and transforms it into its scythe form

Jaune: WOAH!! IS THAT A SCYT-

(Y/N):(OH I FORGOT ABOUT YOU'RE AWESOME SCYTHE!! WOW!!

You run over and start to examine Crescent Rose. As you do this, you get excited as you begin to glance at the features because you wondered how it would look in person.

(Y/N): And from what I saw last night, it seems like it's also a costumizable high impact sniper rifle!!

Jaune: Uh...

(Y/N): It's also a gun

Jaune: Oh...

(Y/N): This is cool!!

You look up at Ruby and notice that she's a bit surprised that you know all of this just by looking at it, when really, you just remembered what she said from the show. You quickly jump away and face Ruby

(Y/N): Oh... sorry, I like to geek out about super cool weapons... I mean, I'm happy with my own, but I feel like meeting weapons is just like meeting new people... except, ya know... cooler.

Ruby: Wow, really?

(Y/N): Yep! Nobody like me...

Ruby: No! No! I said "Wow, really" because I do that too!

(Y/N): Oh, well, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Ruby: Yeah... So what do your weapons do? I mean, besides stab and shoot people?

You pull out Destiny's Ward and transform them into swords

(Y/N): well, The just turn into swords, but if I put them together, they become a two handed sword or I can turn them into a long range rifle. Nothing to fancy...

Ruby: Oh no, I think it's pretty cool.

(Y/N): Thanks. You're pretty cool too- I mean YOUR WEAPON is pretty cool too!!

Ruby: (Blushing) Oh, well, I mean... you're cool too...

(Y/N): Oh, thanks...

You stand in silence for a while until you remember that Jaune is there and you turn to him

(Y/N): So what weapon do you have, Jaune?

You already know what he has, but you're just hoping to break the silence

Jaune: Oh! Uh, I've got this sword...

Ruby: Ooh!

(Y/N): Awesome!

Jaune: I've got this shield, too.

Ruby: So, what do they do?

Ruby accidentally collapses Jaune's shield and you both watch as it slips out of his hand an as he struggles to catch it. When he does, he activates the shield again and presents it to you and Ruby before collapsing it again.

Jaune: The shield... gets smaller, so... whenever I get tired of carrying it, I can just... put it away.

Ruby: But...

(Y/N): Doesn't it weigh the same?

Jaune: Y-yeah, it does.

Ruby: Well, like I said, I'm kind of a dork when it comes to weapons, so I guess I did go a little overboard in designing it.

Jaune: Wait, you MADE that?

Ruby: Of course! All students at Signal forge their own weapons! Didn't make yours?

Jaune: It's a hand me down... my great grandfather used it to fight in the war.

You: Then, isn't it more of a...

Ruby: ...Family heirloom?

(Y/N): Yep, but it's still a really good weapon, Jaune!

Ruby: Yeah! Not many people have an appreciation for the classics these days!

Jaune: Right. The classics. Hey, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Yeah?

Jaune: why'd you help me out with the whole, ya know... Vomit Boy thing?

(Y/N): Ah, why not? I remember a friends mom saying that sometimes strangers are just friends that you haven't met yet.

Jaune: Wow, wise lady.

(Y/N): Yeah...

Ruby: Wow, he really is a nice guy. I wonder if he helped me out back there so he could make a friend? He did say I was cool... and last night, he did call me cut- wait? Whats happening? I can't be falling for (Y/N) right now! Can I? Gah! No, he probably doesn't! Now's not the time to think about that! I don't even know him that well!

(Y/N): Hey... do either of you know where we're going?

Jaune: I was just following you!

(Y/N): Oh boy...

Timeskip, auditorium

(POV: Y/N)

We were walking around for a while until we finally figured out where to go, when we got there, Ruby left because she saw Yang. I thought about Ruby and how weird it was to have already developed a crush on the main character. Especially since I didn't even know if she liked me that way. I decided that now wasn't the time to focus on that and I turned to pay attention to where Ozpin was gonna say his speech. Unfortunately, there was another problem. And his name, was Bryan Green.

Bryan: (Pushes me onto the ground) You're in my way...

(Y/N): (From the ground) Bryan! I've been looking for you for a year! Where have you been!?

Bryan: Trying to avoid you! You wasted your time! Don't talk to me. And stay out of my way, or I'm gonna kick your ass, again...

He walks away, he didn't even look at me. Oz was right. He really didn't want anything to do with me, even though we were both stuck in a completely different reality. I had to find a way to convince him that we needed to be friends.

Jaune: Um, (Y/N)? Do you know that guy?

(Y/N): Yeah, he was this guy who liked to use me as his punching bag. I need to convince him that we have to be friends.

Jaune: Wait, if he was a jerk to you, why would you want to become friends?

(Y/N): I have a bad feeling of what might happen if I don't.

Jaune: O-okay... If you say so.

(POV: 3rd)

Yang: How's your first day going, little sister?

Ruby: You mean since you ditched me and I exploded?

Yang: That bad, huh? Well, at least something good came out of it (Smirks)

Ruby: No I literally explode- wait, what do you mean?

Yang: I saw how you were looking at that cute boy.

Ruby: (blushes) WHAT!! YANG! I barely know him! He probably doesn't even think about me that way!

Yang: Sure, whatever you say, Sis! Ooh, look. Another one!

Brain: You know, between you and me, (Y/N) is kind of a nerd.

Ruby: And you are?

Bryan: Bryan Green is the name. So tell me... what do you see in this kid (Y/N)?

Ruby: I don't know! I'll admit that he's cute and-

Yang: Hey, that's none of your business, leave my sister alone!

Bryan: Hey, don't get mad at me, Blondie. She's the one who's actually weird enough to see something in that nerd.

Yang: That's enough! Get lost weirdo!

Bryan: Whatever, see ya around, Blondie. You too, cutie.

Bryan walks away

Yang: Who was that guy?

Ruby: I don't know... but he seems to know (Y/N). I hope he's not like how this Bryan guy makes him sound...

Yang: Wow, Sis. You're first day and you already have 2 guys with their eyes on you! I'm so proud!

Ruby: YAANNG!!!

Weiss: You again!

Ruby: (Jumps into Yang's arms) OH GOD! IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!!

One awkward conversation, Ozpin speech, and settling in the ballroom later

Timeskip, Ballroom

(POV: Ruby)

Ruby: I was writing a letter to my friends back at signal until Yang showed up and started being... well... Yang.

Yang: It's like a big slumber party!!

Ruby: I don't think dad would approve of all the boys, though.

Yang: (Smirks) I know I do! Rrr!

Yang looks over at a group of shirtless guys until she sees Jaune wearing a blue onsie. She shudders and then turns back to look at me

Yang: What's that?

Ruby: A letter to the gang back at signal.

Yang: Aw! That's so cuuut- (Gets pillow thrown at face)

Ruby: SHUT UP!! I didn't get to take my friends with me! It's weird not knowing anyone!

Yang: Well, what about Jaune? He's... nice. There you go! Plus one friend! That's a 100% increase!

Ruby: I'm pretty sure Weiss counts as a negative friend. Back to zero.

Yang: Well, what about that (Y/N) guy? He seems like a great guy! Or how about Bryan?

Ruby: Well, I don't know about Bryan. He really seems to hate (Y/N). I wonder why?

Yang: Well, why don't you go ask him? Maybe you can get to know him better too! If ya know what I mean... (Smirks).

Ruby: Stop, Yang!! Fine, I'll go ask (Y/N), he seems nicer anyway.

Yang: Atta girl!

(POV: Y/N)

I pulled out Destiny's Ward and turned them into their large sword form. I started swinging it through the air as if I was fighting a grimm. I wasn't able to sneak in any training time today so I guess this would have to do. I continued to practice my form until I heard a familiar voice behind me.

Bryan: You suck.

(Y/N): I know. That's why I'm training.

Bryan: Don't be a smartass.

(Y/N): (Sighs and puts Destiny's Ward away) You're talking to me. What did I do this time?

Bryan: Nothing... yet. But I'm going to make sure that it stays that way.

(Y/N): Bryan, I won't turn evil or anything like that. Can you just tell me what to do?

Bryan: Oh, so now you're gonna do what I ask?

(Y/N): Look here, jerk. I don't know why you're pissed at me this time, so just tell me and be done with it.

Bryan: Okay then, stay away from Ruby.

(Y/N): I... what?

Bryan: I saw what was happening. And I'm gonna do what I always do. I'm gonna kick your ass, and she'll come to me. Just like all those other girls who liked you. They eventually would all come to me because they realized that you were just a goddamn nerd and that I was-

(Y/N): I'm... sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Bryan:(Steps closer) What was that, (L/N)?

(Y/N): I mean I WON'T do that. I always mix those two up for some reason.

Bryan turned around for a sec, he waited for about 2 seconds before punching me in the stomach. I knew he was gonna hit me at some point, I just thought it would be a few seconds later. His punch was enough to knock me down.

Bryan: Consider this your last warning. Stay away from her or we're gonna have ourselves a problem.

As Brian walked out of earshot, I said with labored breaths:

(Y/N): We'll see... about... that.

(POV: Ruby) I walked outside the ballroom and saw (Y/N) talking with Bryan. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I got closer and saw that Bryan had punched (Y/N) in the stomach, knocking him to the ground.

Bryan: Consider this your last warning. Stay away from her ore we're gonna have ourselves a problem.

(Y/N): We'll see... about... that.

When Bryan walked away, I ran over to (Y/N) to see if he was alright.

Ruby: Hey, (Y/N). What was that all about?

(Y/N): Oh, you know me, just admiring the night sky.

Ruby: Hmm...

I pretend to punch myself in the stomach and I fall onto the ground next to him. This makes him laugh, and for some reason, this makes me smile. A lot.

Ruby: So can you tell me why he punched you?

(Y/N): Oh, he and I know this really cool girl and he wants me to stay away. But I can't.

Ruby:(Frowns) Oh. What's so special about her?

(Y/N): Do you mind if we not get into that right now?

Ruby: Oh, right! Sorry...

(Y/N): Ruby? What's wrong?

Ruby: Oh uh, nothing! Can I ask why Bryan hates you so much?

I probably shouldn't have asked this, but I wanted to change the subject before he could question what was wrong with me.

(Y/N): Oh, well. Back in... uh... combat school, there were some girls who for some reason, thought that I of all people, was cute. And Bryan fell for every single one of them. The only effective way he had of getting to them was to beat me up. I never really returned the feelings to any of the girls. Except for one of them. My ex, Seraphina. Most of the time, Bryan would beat me up, and my friends would just leave me. But Seraphina never left. She stayed with me whether I won or lost the fight. Bryan got mad because he liked Seraphina too. But no matter what he tried, she was loyal.

Ruby: So why is she your ex? Did Bryan finally get to her...

My voice trailed off and I realized that I shouldn't be asking him about this stuff, I quickly tried to correct my mistake.

Ruby: I'M SO SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO ASK THAT! It's just that, you're a really nice guy and I don't see why she would leave you and I hope I didn't offend you or anythi-

(Y/N): Ruby! It's okay. It's just a.... bad subject to talk about.

Ruby: I'm sorry. I've never been in a relationship before or anything, but from what I heard, breakups are tough.

(Y/N): It... wasn't a breakup.

Ruby: Oh...

(Y/N): (Stands up and holds out hand) Hey, it's getting kinda cold out here. You wanna go inside?

Ruby: Hmm? Oh yeah, sure. (Takes hand and stands up) I wonder what he meant by that?

(Y/N): Hey Ruby?

Ruby: Yeah?

(Y/N): I heard they were gonna place us in teams and well, I'm kinda hoping I end up on your team. I think you'd be a great leader.

Ruby: (Blushes) Oh, well... I hope I end up on your team as well.

(Y/N): Yeah. I'm gonna go to bed now. You should get some rest too. I want you to pass the entrance exam tomorrow ya know.

Ruby: Yeah, I hope you pass too. Good night (Y/N).

(Y/N): Good night, Ruby.

I walk over to where Yang is and lay down on my sleeping bag. She's awake, and she has questions.

Yang: So... how'd it go?

Ruby: Oh, we just talked about stuff. He's a really nice guy. I hope we end up on a team together.

Yang: Awww... my baby sister is in love!

Ruby: YANG! I DIDN'T SAY THAT!

Yang: You didn't deny it!

Ruby: UGH! YOU'RE THE WORST!

(POV: Bryan)

I watched as Ruby and (Y/N) walked in opposite directions. I guess he ignored my warning. I'll have to do something about him tomorrow. I'll start by showing Ruby that he's weak, and that he can't fight worth shit. I see Ruby and her hot sister arguing with the princess girl and the emo girl. Maybe there's a chance I get placed on their team and I can turn them against him.

Hmm... maybe I'm making Bryan too evil? Or not evil enough? Ah, whatever. Hope you enjoyed the part. I have just started writing Vol 2 but I continue to release the rest of volume one while I work on that, soo yeah. hope you enjoyed and see you tomorrow!

-The Kool Aid Guy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

859 22 7
I own nothing RWBY related. A boy born to an unloving family, thought to be a legend in his small village of Kirin, just a few miles from Vale. The v...
429 24 6
The World of Remnant is filled to the brim with the creatures of Grimm as well as other hidden forces bent on destruction, and the only ones willing...
339K 5.3K 25
The world of Remnant is home to many mysteries and myths. Y/N one of the very few who knew the truth was highly capable to combat these threats but e...
13.4K 236 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...