A Rose and That one guy (Ruby...

By The_Kool_Aid_Guy

You're a fan of RWBY but unfortunately, so is this guy who bullies you. One day, an inexpiable accident in th... More

Ruby Rose and That one guy
The Shining Beacon and Some other stuff
The first step and a few steps backward
Players, Pieces, and a Few Extras
The Badge and the Burden, and an inspirational speech.
The Greatest leader
Jaunedice and a friends responsibility
Jaundice and a friends honor
The End (Of the volume)
That one date (bonus chapter)

Leaving without a trace

18.8K 166 807
By The_Kool_Aid_Guy

Before we begin, this is my first fanfic and I hope you all enjoy. 

And another thing, if some of the later elements in the story seem familiar, it's cuz they were copied recycled from @CalculativeCadaver. He's got a much better and longer story than I've got, so check him out some time.

I'm sure you've all read enough of these to know what (Y/N) or (e/c) or (h/c) means, so I wont go into that.

Bryan:

"Get him!!"

You were being attacked by this asshole kid, Bryan, (A/n: Apologies to anyone who's name is Bryan. He was this asshole I've known for a while so I thought, "Hey, why not forever immortalize him in something that he'll probably never read?" Amiright lads or am I right, lads?) who's hated you for years. He looked just like (Picture anybody who you consider an asshole and make him your enemy, I promise there will be fight scenes.... Oh sh*t, spoiler.) You never really understood why. Other than the fact that he fell for every girl that came along who had feelings toward you, the two of you should have gotten along. You both shared similar interests, like music and favorite movies. However, things got a lot different when you moved into your freshman year.

You see, you, (Y/N) (L/N), had been a fan of the content made by Rooster Teeth for years now. It was a wild hope, but one day, you hoped that maybe one day you could work for them. Red vs. Blue had become one of your favorite web series, but your most favorite of their animated shows, was none other than Monty Oum's creation, RWBY.

Recently, Bryan had also discovered the wonderful world of Rooster Teeth and he, for some reason, treated RWBY as HIS favorite series and his alone, so you could probably imagine what it was like when he found out that you have been a fan for longer than he was. He decided to make sure you stayed away from his favorite show.

POV: (3rd)

Bryan: (walks toward you)

HEY!! (L/N)

(Y/N): Hmm? (sees Bryan & friends) Oh, lovely.

You had just finished getting a chocolate pudding from the vending machine. This was the highlight of your day. After all the crap you suffered through every school day, chocolate pudding was the best way to reward yourself for not already jumping out the window and dying. Plus, if you died you would miss out on a whole bunch of stuff when the 7th season of RWBY came out.

Bryan: Listen here douchebag, RWBY is My favorite show!! It belongs to me and to me only!!

(Y/N): Listen, Bryan, I get that you love the series, but I do too, and plus, I've been a fan for longer. And, it isn't YOUR show. It was created by Monty and this is kind of a dumb thing to kick my ass ove- (looks at him with question) you were gonna do that, right?

Bryan: (Knocks pudding cup out of hand) Damn right!

(Y/N): God dammit, dude! Agai-?

(He cuts you off as he punches you in the face)

Goons: OOOHH!!

(Y/N): (puts finger to nostril and examines blood on finger.)

What you decided to do next wasn't something you would ever do. Mainly because it was a dick move, but you thought hard about it and realized that Bryan was being the dick-y one. So you did what you had to do.

(Y/N): Pyrrha dies at the end of season 3.

Bryan: (freezes for a moment)

AAARRGH!! (Proceeds to punch you again but when he does, you block it.)

"Bryan tries to punch you again and again, but you block all of his punches. He then tries to kick you but then you grab his leg and flip him over"

Bryan: (hits the ground) Oof!!

Bryan: GET HIM!!

"Bryan gets up and tries to attack, but then he notices that you two are the only ones in the hallway... the hallway... was gone too. You both hear a booming deep voice. The two of you are in the same place, but for some reason, you can't see each other.

(POV: Y/N)

???: Children!! Stop this fighting!! AT ONCE!!

(Y/N): Who said that?

???: I have many names, but I am most commonly referred to as God.

(Y/N): God?

God: Yes, I'm sure you must have many questions, but I'm afraid I have to be quick.

(Y/N): Why? Whats happening?

God: Due to complications in the cosmos and in the very fabric of reality itself. You and your acquaintance are beginning to fade from this reality. But worry not child. Another version... or, as I should say, versiONS of my self have offered to accept the two of you into their reality. You two seem to be familiar with this universe.

(Y/N): Which one?

God: The world of Remnant

(Y/N): Are... are you serious!?

God: I'm afraid so.

(Y/N): Cool!

God: I wish it was so, my son, but you must go quickly. I can only keep this breach open for so long

(Y/N): Don't I get to say goodbye to my family? I kinda got a life here...

God: As I have said, I am sorry.

(Y/N): Oh, well, I dunno. It seems like a really good deal, but...

I paused for a second and thought about the offer. It would be amazing to meet the cast of RWBY and fight grimm. Become a huntsman, become a hero. But then I thought about my family. And how I may never be able to see them again. I thought hard about that but then I realized something. If sci fi movies have taught me anything, a complication in the threads of reality is probably more dangerous than it sounds. And as the room where I was speaking to god turned a dark purple, I got the message.

I cant go back.

God: Hurry child! The rift is closing!

(Y/N): Right!

"I rushed through a portal and look back at god"

(Y/N): Thanks!

God: Go! A new destiny awaits you!

(POV: 3rd)

"You run through the portal and it closes behind you. The place you are in looks familiar, but you aren't sure weather or not the events of the first episode have taken place. You were in the forest of Forever Fall. You started running in a random direction, hoping that you'd find someone. You then realized that you didn't even have a weapon. You kept running until you stopped... right into 3 beowolves.

(Y/N): Ah, sh-

Beowolves: (Growling)

"As they started to circle you, you noticed that there was a long stick on the ground. You quickly reached for it and started spinning it like a staff."

(Y/N):(sarcastically) I sure hope watching all those martial arts movies pays off right now.

The beowolf in front of you lunges toward you. You ran and slid under it, quickly turning around to watch it crash into one of its allies. The 3rd one tries to slash at you with its claws but you block it by holding your staff with both hands and push it up. It does the trick, but it cuts your staff in 2 pieces. You take both sticks and begin to charge your current objective. As it runs toward you, you jump and front flip over it. With all the strength you have you plunged the stick into its back.

The beowolf lets out a final yelp as you kick it down and land behind its slowly disintegrating corpse. The fight however, was not over. The other two beowolves began to charge you. One of the made it to you first and slashed at you. You blocked with your arm and quickly closed your eyes, expecting to feel pain, but to your surprise, you didn't. You opened your eyes to see that your arm was glowing (a/c). You realized that you had just unlocked your aura.

Unfortunately, as excited as you were, you got caught up in the moment and the beowolf hit you again, knocking you to the ground. You felt a huge pain in your side and noticed that the beowolf actually left a few scratches this time. The two large creatures were about to pounce on you and deliver the final blow, but right as they were about to get to you, a slash was heard and you looked up to see the two grimm you were previously fighting, were starting to disintegrate.

???: are you alright kid? "you heard a familiar voice say."

Standing above you was none other than Qrow Branwen, the drunken. bad ass. scythe wielding huntsman. You were shocked that you had just met... were just SAVED by one of the most awesome characters in the show. You quickly stood up and brushed yourself off.

(Y/N): Qrow Branwen?

Qrow: So you've heard of me?

(Y/N): yeah, something like that.

Qrow: Huh? Oh, never mind. Look, kid, you're clearly lost. Here, I'll point you in the direction of the nearest civilization. Don't die on the way there, okay?

"He then takes a swig of his flask and puts it into his shirt pocket. He begins to walk away.

Qrow: nearest town is 3 miles north, try and make it there by sunset.

(Y/N): Wait!

"Qrow stops but doesn't turn around"

(Y/N): I've never fought a grimm before today, I don't want to almost die while trying to fight. You're a professional huntsman. I know this is probably a big favor I'm asking, but could you teach me?

Qrow: (continues walking) Can't. Sorry kid, I'm on a mission. I don't have time to train or babysit right now.

"You think quickly. You know you have to do something if you ever want to become a huntsman and get into beacon academy. You decide that you have to reveal who you are to Qrow, maybe then he could take you to Professor Ozpin and you'd be able to get admitted into beacon."

(Y/N): Could you at least take me to vale? It's important that I see Professor Ozpin

Qrow: Huh, whats so important that Ozpin would need to see a little shrimp like you for?

(Y/N): It's hard to explain... kinda crazy, really.

Qrow: After all the crazy that I've heard? Tell you what kid, If you can prove that this is crazy, I'll take you to see Oz. Hell, I'll even train you.

You: Great!

Qrow: Alright then, shrimp. Lets hear the crazy.

(Y/N): I'm from a different dimension. In the world that I'm from, the events that happen in remnant are all part of a TV series.

Qrow:...

(Y/N): Pretty crazy, right?

Qrow:... I'll say. You really are insane. Good luck getting to see Oz. (Turns around and walks away)

(Y/N): WAIT!! I CAN PROVE IT!!

Qrow: (continues to walk away) So long, shrimp.

(Y/N): I know about Salem!!!

"Qrow stops when you say this"

(Y/N): I know about who Ozpin is, I know about the maidens, I know that he gave you and your sister, Raven, the ability to turn into birds. And I even know you graduated from beacon as part of team STRQ

Qrow:... Wow, you weren't kidding...

(Y/N): I told you.

Qrow: (Groans, then takes out his flask and drinks from it.)

Alright kid, you win. Let's hurry into that town, it's an hour airship flight to vale.

(Y/N): YES!! thankyousomuchsirIpromiseyouwon'tregretthis!!

"you feel like giving him a hug, but then you realize that you don't wanna die as soon as you got here, so you just shake his hand... really, really fast."

Qrow: Jesus, kid. You kinda remind me of my hyperactive niece. She's about your age, maybe you'll meet her someday.

(Y/N): Yeah, maybe.

Qrow: It's not too often I see some kid kill a beowolf armed with nothing but a stick. You've got potential. Whats your name, kid?

(Y/N):(Y/N), (Y/N)(L/N)

Qrow: Alright then, Shrimp. Follow me

"You follow Qrow into the nearby town he told you about earlier and board an airship. Soon enough, the city of vale was 15 minutes away. You thought about meeting ruby and the rest of the team. You couldn't wait to begin your training and go on adventures with teams RWBY and JNPR. You then remembered something extremely important that god told you,

flashback from in between remnant and your world

God: You and your acquaintance are beginning to fade from this reality... YOUR ACQUAINTANCE

(Y/N):(in thoughts) sh*t

"You had completely forgotten about Bryan. You knew he was a douchebag who deserved a punch every now and then, but you couldn't let him DIE. You silently hoped that wherever he ended up, that he was alright.

(POV: Bryan) I just finished killing this pair of monsters, Ursai, I think they were called. It was hard, seeing as I didn't have one of those badass transforming weapons that everyone in the show seems to have. I had to use a rock. I thought about how I ended up here and how lucky I was. But then I remembered that damn nerd (Y/n) was here too. I guess if I had a weapon, I'd be able to take him out and make the most of this reality. I was gonna look for some place to familiarize myself. Even though this was my favorite show, I hadn't even finished the first season. I was watching all of the other Rooster tooth shows that my punching bag liked to geek out about. I started walking, but then I was stopped by a bunch of those weird animal people wearing hoods and pointing their guns at me

(POV: 3rd)

WF member: FREEZE! HUMAN!

Bryan: Do you wanna die? I'll take all you animals on. I just killed 3 of those grimm things. I can kill you too!!

"Bryan was ready to fight, but then all of a sudden, a ginger haired man wearing a white suit and bowler hat showed up and stopped them before anyone fought with anyone"

Torchwick: Hold it! Nobody touch the kid! He's right. He could probably beat you all, the same way he took on those grimm with nothing but a stone.

"Bryan immediately recognized Torchwick and picked up the rock. But he thought about how he could get back at (Y/n) and rise above the ranks of the white fang and become a crime lord. Torchwick already was his favorite villain, after all.

Torchwick: Ya know kid? You seem to have an excellent will. The will to fight. We could use someone like you in our ranks. Or, we could kick your ass and leave you to fend for yourself. I'm sure you could take on all these... animals, but you couldn't take me. I'm a professional. Maybe with enough experience, you could be one, too. Whada' ya say kid?

Bryan: One condition...

Torchwick: (chuckles) what do ya want, kid?

Bryan: I want one of those bad ass weapons.

Torchwick: Kid, come with us, and you will have an arsenal by the time our job is done.

Bryan: You've got a deal.

Timeskip, Ozpins office

"Thanks to Qrow, you were able to meet with professor Ozpin. You discovered that you arrived in Remnant a year before the events of episode 1. It was really simple to explain things to Ozpin, seeing as you had information from watching 6 seasons worth of RWBY"

(POV: 3rd)

Ozpin: And you're sure that you want to become a huntsman?

(Y/N): I would be honored to, sir.

Ozpin: And why choose this school over the others?

(Y/N): there are some important people who are going to attend their first year next year. I would like to aid them in their adventures. But also, I've heard that some of the coolest huntsmen and huntresses have graduated from Beacon. And from watching what these people do..., it's inspired me a lot. I would like to become a hero, sir.

Oz: I see... I would gladly accept someone like you into beacon academy, however, you are only 14, and you are required to be 15 or 16 years of age for me to advance you into a higher level, and on another matter, you lack the required skill. You seem to have unlocked your aura, but you have yet to discover your semblance. It seems as if it may be too late to enroll you in any of our combat schools. What do you suggest we do?

(Y/N): Well... I do remember someone offered to train me before classes begin at Beacon...

Qrow: Yo

Oz: I see... Very well. Qrow will train you during the year and we shall see if by then you have the potential to become a true huntsman in training.

(Y/N): Thank you, sir! I won't fail you, I promise!

Oz: Don't thank me yet, you still have to pass the entrance exam once you get admitted, IF you get admitted.

(Y/N): Right, but thanks anyways!

Oz: Now, Qrow, If you would?

Qrow: (Drinks from flask) C'mon, Shrimp. We got a lot of training to do.

(POV: Y/N)

(Y/N): Wait...

Oz: hmm?

(Y/N): I didn't come here alone... This other kid, Bryan, seems to have come here to this dimension as well.

Oz: And does this... other kid... posses the same intel as you do?

(Y/N): No, I don't even think he's finished the first season, that's probably why he lost his sh*t when I spoiled season 3 for him. To be fair, he kinda deserved it.

Oz: Mmhm... (Takes sip of coffee or whatever is in his mug) (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Yes?

Oz: You don't wish to find this child, do you?

(Y/N): Well... I don't know. He's been a jerk to me for years. Although we have so much in common, we always end up fighting. But I know that no one deserves to die. During my training. I'll try to look for him, No. I WILL look for him.

Oz: Very well. Good luck on your training. Lets hope you've survived Qrow before attempting to survive the entrance exam.

(Y/N): Yes sir!

Well, that was the first part. I hope yall liked it. I'm gonna post the entire volume one chapter per day while I begin to write volume 2. Anyways, see you guys around and all that stuff!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.4K 71
(Vol1-8)Millions of years ago, Lucifer went back to hell to save the ones he love, leaving his unborn son as well, millions years later y/n have seen...
4.6K 164 8
Y/N L/N isn't a fighter but rather a writer, during his time as a writing he struggled to find a story that would make a big hit. After a few years o...
577 21 6
After Y/n's life goes south he is force to abandon all hes known, infiltrating to Beacon Academy to find refuge against his multiple enemies in Remna...
89.2K 1.3K 14
Remnant, a world full of fight. Humans vs Grimms, Humans vs Faunus, and even Humans fight themselves. Between all of those fight, stand one man. The...