Love Without a Name

By timelock97

Today's view on dating had seemed to fall flat, especially for (Y/N). After more dates that she can count, sh... More

Author's Note
Prologue: One Date too Many
Chapter One: A Ring, A Big Decision
Chapter Two: The Start
Chapter Three: Cracks in the Sidewalk
Chapter Four: A Bottle of Wine and Friendly Banter
Chapter Five: The Morning Of
Chapter Six: Wedding Jitters & the Perfect First Kiss
Chapter Eight: Honeymoon Bound
Chapter Nine: Bless this Mess
Chapter Ten: Pictures Emerge
Chapter Eleven: Impending Panic
Chapter Twelve: An Anxious Mind
Chapter Thirteen: We're Live, Love
Epilogue: Worth the Wait

Chapter Seven: Speeches, Laughter, and Family

1.7K 42 72
By timelock97

Word Count: 3690

Warnings: FLUFF

Once the last picture was taken, Tom and I were loaded into a car to be driven to the venue. His hand was laced in mine the entire ride there, the two of us stealing glances at each other.

"There it is!" I squeal, leaning over to his side to point it out.

The venue had not been what I thought Tom would want. After going through some more fine-dining venues with large vaulted ceilings that looked over ponds, and others that had a much more city feel I had found myself at this one. It was an old barn, rejuvenated into the venue space that it is now, set up for that modern rustic feel. The room was vast, with high vaulted ceilings with long, old beams across them. The back and front doors were wide open, allowing people easy access in and out. Most of the tables for dinner were set up inside while the dance floor was set up outside under fairy lights.

I had been so sure, even though I loved it instantly, he wouldn't. But he did, and now we finally got to see the rest of our plans in place with our friends and family waiting inside.

"It really is something else." Tom hums, leaning forward to press a quick kiss to my temple before I sit back in my seat. "I'm glad that's the one we went with."

"It's even better in person." I state as the car rolls to a stop. The driver gets out to open my door and Tom hops out from his side, walking around the car to take my hand, tugging me along behind him to the main doors. Tom and I peek inside, seeing the DJ who gives us a quick thumbs up before lifting the mic to his lips.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is time that I gladly get to introduce to you, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas and (Y/N) Holland!" The applause and cheering are deafening as Tom and I enter, smiling at our family and friends. Tom lifts my hand in the air, almost as if he is holding a trophy, only lowering it when the sound of glasses clinking overpowers the cheers. He tugs me to him to press a kiss to my lips, the two of us melting instantly at the feeling of being so close after being so far away. The two of us pull away giggling, until a pair of arms are suddenly around my waist, curly, red-brown hair being the only thing I see and I hug the person back.

"Paddy," Tom laughs as he ruffles his little brother's hair.

Paddy of course only lifts his head to look at me with a bright smile, "Tom has told us so much about you, I was the most excited to meet you."

"Well, it's absolutely wonderful to meet you, Paddy." I state before hugging him a little closer and pressing a kiss to the side of his head. He wiggles out of my grasp before giving a bright smile and jogging away. I look at Tom who throws an arm around my shoulder to tug me further into the building.

Its beyond beautiful, with thin white banners that hang loosely from the ceiling. The tables are decorated with the flower arrangements from the church and long dainty candles. Along the walls are tables where the buffet was being placed, as well as the wedding cake and other desserts. Lastly, the table where Tom and I would be sitting was placed closer to the back of the room, by the open doors that led to the dance floor.

I sigh, leaning into Tom's side before familiar faces and unfamiliar faces come toward us. I can recognize his family as well as mine and then from what I can only assume more extended family (or friends) from his side. Tom greets his family first while I greet my own, my mother pressing a kiss to my cheek before passing me along to my father and brothers, who tease me per usual.

"What was with leaving the ceremony so early, pipsqueak? Thought you were gonna share your special day with everyone-"

"I did, we just wanted our first kiss to be more, one-on-one?" I shove Mark to the side so I can hug Quinn and Lucas.

"(Y/N), you look positively radiant," Quinn states as she pulls away from me.

"Thank you, Quinn!" I whisper, smiling at her brightly. "You do as well!"

"Love?" I turn my head and smile at Tom, who has a hand out for me. "Let me introduce you to my family."

"Yeah, especially since you already introduced yourself to mine. Which I have some questions about, but for another time."

Tom chuckles as he pulls me into his side, my family waiting patiently to the side, "This is my mum, Nikki, my dad, Dominic, the twins, Harry and Sam, and of course you already met Paddy."

"It's really nice to meet you all." I say shyly, squeezing Tom's hand gently.

Nikki face brightens with a smile, her hand coming out for me to take. "(Y/N), it is so nice to put and face, and well I guess a name too. Tom hasn't stopped talking about you since he told us you two were getting married. Is it okay to hug you? I mean you are my daughter-in-law now-"

"Yes, absolutely," I giggle, meeting her halfway. After I turn to her husband who just pulls me straight into a hug.

"It's nice to finally meet you, (Y/N). Welcome to the family, and feel free to call me Dom, Dominic is just too formal."

"Okay," I giggle before looking at the twins.

Sam gives me a small smile. "It's really nice to meet you, (Y/N)."

"Nice to add a sister to the family." Harry chuckles, before getting called by someone else. The two of them grinning at me before disappearing into the crowd.

Nikki and Dom begin talking to my family, already growing comfortable with their new in laws as Tom tugs me to walk further into the barn. However, within a few minutes, we both get separated, talking to people in our own lives. Between a mixture of 'how did you manage to get such a catch,' 'dude, there are literal celebrities here,' and 'how's it feel to be married?'

After a bit of mingling, I had somehow made my way to the back of the room where the bride and groom table sat. I smile at the decorations on the table, matching the decorations on the other tables besides the Mr. and Mrs. glasses. A pair of arms wrapping around my waist causes a squeak to escape, my hands flying to their wrists.

"Hey, love," Tom mutters into my neck, pressing a quick kiss against my cheek. "They want to do the little speech segment then we are going to have food. Sound good?"

"Sounds perfect," I whisper, turning in his arms to press a quick kiss to his lips. When I pull away, he leans forward again to connect our lips gently, smiling as he kisses me. Once he pulls away, I giggle at him, taking his hand and lead him to sit down.

The next half hour was filled with stories about Tom and I, some sentimental, some funny, and some just downright embarrassing. I couldn't count how many times I hid my face into Tom's neck when my brothers told some significant stories from our childhood. Of course, each person that came up had to introduce themselves, say who they knew, and how long they had known either Tom or me. By the time my Grandma had walked up to give her little pre-meal speech, everyone felt more comfortable. Our favorite people mingling together as if they had known each other all their lives.

"-Now, with that being said, whoever eats the fastest gets the most!" There is a small cheer from my family, and a few friends who know the phrase as my grandma passes the mic back to Hazel who lets everyone know that the tables will be dismissed by her and Todd after Tom and I have gotten partway through the line.

Tom places a hand on the small of my back, leading me to the buffet table. His head tilts toward mine until his mouth is directly next to my ear, "Whoever eats the fastest?"

"Gets the most, it's something my Grandma says at every holiday meal. It something she hopes will get passed on, and I honestly, I will be using it." I giggle, grabbing a plate and starting first with the abundance of food that not only will feed however many people we have here, but will also make sure there is at least something that everyone will like. Once halfway through, a few tables are allowed to come up to grab food, following behind us and talking together quietly. When Tom and I sit down, I take the time to look over the room at the people who have been sharing in our special day. I can see my friends from high school and college laughing together about something, my family talking with Tom's like it is natural, and our other guests happily chatting along with others.

The sound of clinking glasses fills the air again, making Tom chuckle beside me. "How many are we going to let them get for free before they have to start demonstrating?"

"One more, I think. Three for three, yeah?" I hum as he cups my face in one hand before pressing a gentle kiss to my lips.

"Aww c'mon, we know you have more in you than that, Holland!"

Tom cups his hands over his mouth to yell, "Shut up, Mackie!" Which gets the whole room erupting with laughter. He gives me a mischievous look before motioning to the DJ, who brings him a microphone. There as a small murmur of laughter until Tom brings it to his lips. "I'd like to make an announcement, for anyone thinking that just clinking their glasses to get my darling bride and I to kiss for the rest of the night, you are terribly mistaken." I can see people, mostly my cousins, looking at each other with sly eyes. "We are changing the rules a bit. If you want us to kiss, you will have to demonstrate it for us. I mean," he glances at me before shooting a wink, "We have just met, after all."

There is a familiar silence, the kind that happens when you are going to get pranked or something you know will happen happens. And of course, it does, and a loud laugh is falling past my lips as Tom covers his face, laughing as well when Robert Downey Jr. stands up at his table. The rest of the cast that is sitting at the table cheer, which only gets added to when he grabs his wife and drags her to the back of the room where we sit. He stands before us and with a fashion only Robert can pull off, winks at the two of us before gripping his wife's waist and dipping her. He kisses her passionately, so much so that I hide my face into Tom's neck for a few seconds while I giggle uncontrollably, hiding my blushing face. Once he brings Susan to a standing position, he looks at us with an amused smile. "How's that for a kiss, you two?"

I'm shaking my head, not able to comprehend what I just witnessed. Tom gives me a small smile before offering his hand to me. Standing, he pulls me so we are in front of the table and grins at Robert. "Actually, I will do you one better." Tom turns back toward me and places both hands on either side of my face before kissing me. It's slow, deepening softly before he moves a hand away from my face and to my waist, where it drags slowly until it is on the opposite side. Tom then dips me, causing my one of my arms to loop around his neck and the other hand to grab at the front of his dress shirt to keep me balanced. After a few seconds longer, Tom brings me back to standing before pulling away, his face as flushed as I feel. "How's that for a passionate kiss?" He whispers with a grin.

"You're lucky I love you." I whisper back, pinching his chin between my thumb and pointer finger. The room is hooting and hollering, with a mixture of people yelling for us to get a room, but Tom and I are smiling like love-struck kids who have fallen in love for the first time.

"Not bad, Tom. Not bad at all." Robert laughs, tugging Tom away from me to hug him and Susan smiles at me gently before pulling me into a hug as well, whispering a soft 'congratulations' in my ear.

"Now don't forget about me, Mrs. Holland." Robert jokes, motioning for me after letting go of Tom. I laugh and walk into his arms to hug him, him squeezing me to his chest before pressing a kiss to my temple. "You're basically one of my kids now too, I hope you know."

"Don't think I mind that." I laugh, pulling away from him softly, giving him a small smile before pulling away and grabbing Tom's hand to drag him behind our table again to eat. I grab the mic, lifting it to my lips. "I think we all would greatly appreciate if we could just eat, then you can tap your glasses if you really want us to kiss again." The crowd giggles, a few people nodding as I hand the mic back to Todd.

Tom leans into my side, his lips hovering over my ear. "I love you."

"I love you too." I whisper back, bringing a bite of food to my lips as he rests an hand on my knee.

Tom and I begin to mingle around, getting pulled away from each other more times than we wander together. After a while, the sound of someone tapping the mic pulls us away from our conversations.

"I think now is a perfect time to let our new couple share their first official dance." Todd smiles at the two of us from behind the DJ booth.

I see Tom smile across the room, slowly making his way to the dance floor. Once we are out of the crowd, he takes my hand, turning us until we are facing one another, Yours by Russell Dickerson begins to play, making me smile. I raise my right hand to place in his left, while my left falls to his shoulder and his right falls to my waist.

"Nice song choice, love."

"You said I could choose, and I chose sappy." I giggle, my forehead resting against his. He let out a content hum, bumping his nose against my own.

"You know, I think everyone is enjoying themselves. Haven't heard any fussing from anyone."

"Indeed, it's nice to see that everyone is having a good time."

Tom hums, leaning into me to kiss my lips gently, "I don't think I will ever get sick of this, of you. I love you, so much (Y/N)."

"I love you too, Tom." I whisper, leaning into him so my head rests against his shoulder, listening to his calm heartbeat and the sound of the song coming to a conclusion around us. Once the song officially ends, the DJ calls my father out onto the dance floor, beginning the daddy-daughter dance to Butterfly Kisses. He cries, but he assures me it's not because he is sad. No, he promises he is happy for me, he just regrets not being with me the last few months.

"I want to make up for it-"

"You already have, you're here after all."

When the song ends, my dad leads me off the dancefloor so Tom and his mum can have their dance, the two of them laugh together, and I can't help but smile at them. The next hour consists of Tom and I roaming around, cutting our cake which led to him having frosting on his nose, and getting time to find Hazel and Todd who have been hiding since the announcement of the first dance and thank them again.

"Ladies, I think it is time to make your way to the dance floor, the bride is going to throw her bouquet!" Hazel calls out, smiling excitedly.

I giggle as my friends and family, as well as Tom's join me on the floor. It doesn't come as a surprise for me when the flowers land in Mae's arms, especially after her and her boyfriend, Anthony, have been dating for seven years. When it's time for Tom to get the garter, he jokes with me beforehand. Squeezing my ankle and muttering, "It's okay," before ducking under my skirt and dragging the piece of fabric down my thigh. Once in hand, he aims it straight into Anthony unsuspecting face. He and Mae blush wildly, but they go along with it, except only slipping it up her leg with his hands and not his teeth.

As one final hurrah, the DJ calls out one final group activity before he just plays songs for the remainder of the night. "Ladies and Gents, we are going to be doing the dollar dance with our lovely couple. The dollar dance is plain and simple, pay a dollar to each person's jar which are held by Hazel and Todd. Then you will get in line and have about a minute with these lovely people. Now, let's go."

I let out a laugh as Dancing Queen starts playing, Celine practically running to drop her dollar in the box first. However, Mark beats her to it.

"You think I would let you out of here without a dance, pipsqueak?"

"Nah, you'd drag my ass back in here just to get it."

The same continues on with friends and family, most of which just have general conversations with me. It doesn't surprise me when I start to get some of Tom's in the mix.

"You know, Tom did pretty good about coming and saying hello to everyone he knows but not about dragging you along with him." Zendaya laughs as she takes my hand and sways with me.

I laugh, "We kept getting separated from each other, figured we would eventually get around to everyone."

"That's true, when he made it over to our table, he went to introduce you to us, but you had gotten pulled away to some other people, and he was very confused."

"I would tell you who, but I honestly couldn't tell you. This is the most I have seen of both sides of my family since I graduated high school."

The two of us laugh, before someone clears their throat. "Daya, I think it's my turn-"

"Nope, I put in two dollars, I get another minute, Jacob." She laughs, causing him to laugh. "Anyways, I believe we should have a girl's day when I come to London next."

"That sounds like a good plan," I giggle, Jacob scoffing behind us.

"Don't forget about me."

The more people filtering through, the more I smile. I get to meet and talk to a lot of celebrities from the Marvel franchise (that's a miracle in and of itself). And every once in a while, I catch a glimpse of Tom dancing with someone I know, laughing and talking with them like he has known them his whole life. Finally, the last leg of the dollar dances is coming to a close, and the last person I have the privilege to dance with is Tom's best friend, Harrison.

"I hope you know when he first told me about this, about you, I was skeptical. But," his eyes scan the room as he sways us side to side, "I should have put more faith in him, you really made him happy when he really wasn't. I hope we can become friends too; I have plenty of embarrassing stories to share with you." He smiles mischievously at me, causing my head to fall back with a loud laugh.

"I cannot wait to hear those, and I can get where you wouldn't be too excited that he was meeting, dating, and marrying a stranger. I'm just thankful you stuck around."

"He's my best friend, I don't think I could leave him if I tried."

"I think we will both end up with a lot of fun stories to tell each other as life goes on."

Harrison laughs, "I think we might just get along just fine, (Y/N)."

As the night drags on, I start to get tired. The adrenaline and excitement of the day wearing off into contentment. Someone starts tapping their glass from across the room, and my eyes scan the crowd to find Tom, but come up empty handed. The clacking becomes louder, and I roll my eyes, finding Tom slipping through the crowd toward me, his eyes sparkling under the fairy lights. "I'm glad you are coming to me 'cause I had no clue where you were at." I laugh, my hand cupping his face as he leans down to press a soft kiss to my lips.

He smiles at me when he pulls away, "I was talking to Todd, he has our getaway car ready for us. Him and Hazel are packing up the cards and gifts and are going to send them to the Heart Haven office in London. You ready to head to the hotel? We have an early morning ahead of us."

"I'm ready when you are."

Our family gathers outside, sparklers in hand. The two of us jogging to the car and waving goodbye once inside. The cheering and excitement dying away as the car leaves. Tom's hand rests on my thigh as we watch the barn and our families fade in the rear window.

"What a perfect day," I whisper.

Tom looks over at me and smiles. "It was indeed, my love. It was indeed."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.9K 1.3K 52
When you accidentaly bump into him, he catches feelings on the spot. You do too, but you are scared. Scared that he will hurt you and makes you want...
80.8K 1.6K 28
Fratboy!AU After having missed her alarm, y/n rushes to her class. She isn't the only one, because Tom Holland, member of the Delta Kappa fraternity...
232K 5.8K 12
You need a date to your sister's wedding and the stranger in the coffee shop seems to be the perfect choice. Until you see pictures of yourself and h...
64.9K 2K 46
**π˜›π˜©π˜ͺ𝘳π˜₯ π˜‰π˜°π˜°π˜¬ 𝘰𝘧 𝘡𝘩𝘦 π˜”π˜¦π˜΅π˜©π˜°π˜₯ 𝘚𝘦𝘳π˜ͺ𝘦𝘴** When Y/N and Tom break up, they realise that living their seperate lives is harder than...