Epilogue: Worth the Wait

Word Count: 1272
Warnings: Just a crud ton of FLUFF

"Look over here ladies!" The photographer calls as I carefully grab hold of Mae's veil and lift it over my head and pose, causing Mae and Joyce to burst into laughter. We hear the camera shutter before I let go and wrap my arms around Mae, Joyce joining me as he shoots a few more shots. "Awesome! Alright ladies, you are good to go join everyone getting drinks. Mae, I am going to get a few pictures of the groom and his groomsmen then we will get pictures of just the two of you." He smiles as he walks over to where the boys are messing around under a tree further away.

I turn and see where the ceremony had happened only an hour earlier, the chairs all carried away and placed under a large tent on the right side of a large cottage by a small pond. The day was perfect, not too hot, not too cold on the early June day. Mae sighs beside me, dressed in her gorgeous, a-line wedding gown, hair pinned up with a few wispy curls framing her face. "What a perfect day for a wedding."

Mae giggles beside me, "Yeah, what a perfect day." I turn to see her looking over at the boys, her expressing the definition of heart-eyes.

Joyce wraps an arm around my waist, mine falling across her shoulders. "I'm tiiiired." She whines, causing Mae and I to burst into a fix of giggles. "I also want to go get some of those mini corn dogs."

"They will be a while so go ahead, just don't fill up on them 'cause dinner will be soon." Mae laughs, waving at her sister as she begins walking down the hill, yellow bridesmaid dress billowing in the wind as she spots her boyfriend and runs toward him.

I throw an arm around Mae's shoulders, "So, how's it feel to finally be Mrs. Mae Castro?"

"Pretty damn good." She states, causing us both to giggle. "You don't have to wait here if you don't want to-"

"Nah, its cool. Besides, I don't get to see you enough with me being in the UK."

"What do you think Tom is doing right now since you're with me?"

I shake my head, giggling. "Probably being harassed by my brothers, but Quinn and Harper are probably keeping them at bay." She hums beside me, her eyes trained on the boys who are posed looking at Anthony who has his left hand thrust out, showing off his wedding band while the boys are looking at it in astonishment. "What dorks."

"Yeah, I think it was Jack's idea," she adds looking at the best man.

It didn't take them too long for the groomsmen to finish with their photos, the group coming down the hill with bright smiles and laughing. I followed them down as Mae and Anthony start to do some more couple-y photos. 

I walk under the tent, grabbing a bottle of water. I sigh as I look at the small flower arrangements on the tables and the fairy lights decorating the ceiling.

"There you are, darling." I turn and smile at Tom as he walks over to me, pulling me into his arms as he presses a quick kiss into my cheek. "How are you feeling?"

"Hungry," I giggle, nuzzling his nose with mine.

"Well, they have some light refreshments inside the cottage. Why don't we go get you something?" He laces his fingers with mine, tugging me along. Oh, what a perfect day for a wedding.

After giving our speeches, God knows I cried giving mine, and eating, the room was free to dance and enjoy the night. Mae and Anthony's first dance was adorable, especially since they had just recently celebrated ten years of dating the month previous. They had done the traditional tossing of the bouquet and garter, ending up in the arms of some of Anthony's friends from college.