Chapter Eight: Honeymoon Bound

Word Count: 4401

Warnings: FLUFF, Language, and some sexual references

"I'm going to be so glad to get my shoes off," I giggle as Tom and I pull up to the hotel. He smiles at me, patting my hand that he was holding. The door on his side opens and he squeezes my hand again before slipping out, tugging me out with him. The hotel was quaint and quiet, the only people in the lobby being the people working behind the front desk.

"Uh, I have a room under Holland?" Tom says to the man, Derick, behind the desk.

Derick lets out a small hum before confirming our reservations. "Here you go, enjoy your evening, your bags have already been placed in the room!"

Tom and I smile at him before walking to the elevator. Once inside, we both let out a sigh of relief, laughing at each other softly. The door opens with a ding, and Tom wastes no time scooping me up bridal style to carry me to our room.

"Is this really necessary?" I giggle, arms coming around his neck loosely.

"I have to, it's tradition to carry the bride over the threshold for the first time-"

"But is it really tradition?" I sigh into his neck, his nose brushing the top of my head before placing a kiss there. Tom carefully unlocks the door and lets me down once we are inside. The room is simple, with the bed pressed against one wall covered in a white comforter. A dresser placed opposite to it with a hanging t.v. on the wall. In the middle of the bed there is a small flat box, addressed to me. "I feel like this is what Hazel was hinting at." I mutter under my breath, Tom having disappeared into the bathroom with a small quip of "I'm going to take a quick shower." I slowly untie the red ribbon on the box and lift it. A small gasp falls past my lips as I stare at the lingerie piece sitting inside the box. Its white, one-piece, with lace all around the bust, around the back where the material attaches together, and around the leg holes of the attached panties. Between the bust and the panties is a see-through material, which would leave my stomach exposed. A blush coats my cheeks as I stare at it, nope, nope, nope-

"You alright, love?" Tom's voice pulls me from my frazzled state, but also causes me to slam the top of the box back on top of the beautiful piece.

"Fine, fine, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be fine?" My voice is high, causing Tom to quicken his strides toward me and wrap an arm around my waist.

"You sure?" He chuckles as he presses a quick kiss to my neck. "You seem a little frazzled, darling."

A sigh falls past my lips, "Okay, Hazel told me she was going to send me lingerie and its a little more than what I expected and I'm really not ready-"

"Love, we don't have to do anything until you are ready. Just because we are married doesn't mean we have to do anything of the sort." He steps around me so that he is standing at my side, turning me toward him. Now I can see his hair is damp, dressed in a pair of gray sweats and a black tee shirt. "Why don't you go get ready for bed, I can put it away."

I nod softly, leaning to kiss his cheek before turning and retrieving my night stuff from my bag. But before I slip inside the bathroom, I turn toward him, "No peeking, Holland."

He places his hand to his chest in mock-offense "I would never." I smile, lifting my hand to attempt to tug down the zipper of my dress, and failing. "Need help, love?"

"That would be appreciated." I turn away from him slightly, placing my hands to the neckline. Tom's fingers brush against my back, moving the bit of hair there away from the zipper. He drags the zipper slowly, before pressing a soft kiss to my already bare shoulder. "Thank you," I whisper, giving him a small smile before slipping into the bathroom and shutting the door. Once inside I look at myself in the mirror. The makeup look that I had on all day had only faded slightly, my lip color long gone. My hair was less volumized, but still set in place. I smile at my reflection before letting the dress slide to the ground, where it stayed for only a few seconds. Once it was hung up, I wash the makeup off my face and take down the pins in my hair. My hair finally free of the pins falls stiffly against my neck. I take the time to pick out the large knots before hopping into the shower. Once my hair is free of hairspray, I hop out and towel off, carefully squeezing the towel around my hair to partially dry it before changing into an oversized tee shirt and tie dye shorts and brushing my teeth. I walk out of the bathroom and see Tom sitting at the foot of the bed, phone in hand. "Ready for bed, handsome?"