Chapter Six: Wedding Jitters & the Perfect First Kiss

Word Count: 3082

Warnings: Anxiety , Language, and FLUFF

A/N: Okay, sooooooo I messed up and got you all excited so this is me apologizing by POSTING A DAY EARLY! Next Chapter will still be on Sunday though. HAPPY READING!

My mouth opens and closes, but no sound escapes. My hands are shaking, so much so that the paper starts to crinkle. My eyes rescan the paper, rereading the signature again, and again. No wonder the writing looked familiar. A shaky breath falls past my lips, "You have to be shitting me-"

"(Y/N)?" Lucas calls, quickly grabbing my shoulder noticing the panicked look on my face. "Hey," he coos, turning me toward him completely. "What's wrong-"

"Who came to convince you to be here today?" I rush, holding the letter up.

His eyebrows pull together, a hint of humor lacing his voice. "You're soon-to-be husband-"

"No, Lucas, his name. Is he, was he-" my tongue is tied at his damn name, there shouldn't be anyway-

"He looked like that kid you had a crush on a few years ago, the one who played Spider-Man, like the MCU one, but there is no way that he is- (Y/N)?"

"Why would he - there is no way, this is a joke." I whimper, beginning to pace. "Celine," I call and look at her, lifting the letter. "Please tell me this is a joke," I beg, turning toward her in with wide eyes, suddenly very aware of everyone's eyes on me, air too thick to breathe.

"Take a seat, (Y/N), Joyce can you grab a water?" Mae states, gently tugging me into a seat as Celine moves to sit beside me.

"It's not a joke," Celine whispers, taking my hand in hers. "I was as surprised as you are. I knocked on the door and when it opened I was greeted by Harrison, which freaked me out a bit. He asked what I was doing there and I told him I was delivering a package to my best friend's soon-to-be husband. Tom told Harrison to let me in and he jogged up to me to take the gift, which he loved by the way-"

"But that doesn't make any sense!" I whisper, my hands going to cradle my head, but Mae stops me by grabbing my arm and handing me a water bottle. "He could have anyone he wanted. Why-"

The door hitting the wall causes everyone to jump, Hazel rushing into the room with a tall, blond man following in tow. "Please tell me you didn't open the letter yet?" Hazel meets my gaze, and sighs, "Yeah, you opened it." She lets out a small sigh, fingers pinching the bridge of her nose, "I'm sorry, but anyone who isn't family needs to head to their seats, yeah?"

Celine grabs my hand, "Everything will be okay."

I nod as she grabs Mae and Joyce, who hug me before walking to the door and leaving me with my family and two counselors. "Hazel I-"

"No, its okay, we had a feeling this would happen." She lets out a short laugh, the man beside her chuckling with her. "We thought it would be romantic for you two not to speak to each other until the day of-"

"Well, technically we did wait." I mutter, letter still in hand.

"How did he sign it?" Hazel whispers, reaching for the card. Her eyes skim the words, letting out a mixture of a groan and a laugh, "Todd, I swear to God-"

The blond leans in behind her, smirking while he laughs over her shoulder. "The idiot signed his full name." He shakes his head before pinching his nose. "I want to say that I cannot believe it, but it's Tom, and he has done nothing but tell me he wanted to send you something so you knew it was him." His eyes scan to me before his face breaks into a small smile. "I'm Todd, by the way."