Radiant Academy {KH/FF/FT & o...

By Firefly94

Welcome to Radiant Academy your new home filled with new people, new classes and new rules, but wait a second... More

Prologue ~Nightmares
Chapter one ~ I'm not going nowhere
Chapter two~ You're who's roommate now?
Chapter three~ meet the beasts
Chapter four~ A big introduction!
Chapter five~ A Great hand!
Chapter six ~ You're one of us now!
Chapter seven~ Don't be so Dramatic!
Chapter eight ~ Aren't you sweet!
Chapter nine ~ Quite the Experiment!
Chapter 10 ~ A Match To Remember!
Chapter 11~ The ultimate Weapon!
Chapter 12 ~ Tradition!
Chapter 13 ~ Nothing like a moonlit stroll
Chapter 14 ~ Poison!
Chapter 15 ~ Seriously I'm Fine!
Chapter 16~ I don't need a baby sitter!
Chapter 17 ~ This is war!
Chapter 18 ~ Hit 'em in the Scruff!
Chapter 20 ~ back to normal?!
Chapter twenty-one ~ Stop Digging!
Chapter twenty-two~ Remember Me!
Chapter 23~ Prey or Predator!
Chapter 24~ From Elephants to Air Ships!
Chapter 25~ the vanishing tea party!
Chapter 26 ~ Cryptic Cats and Run away Rabbits!
Chapter 27~ One long journey later!
Chapter 28~ You only need me!
Chapter 29 ~ No Trust!
Chapter 30 ~ A little investigation!
Chapter 31 ~ the Secret Meeting!
Chapter 32 ~ What did you call me?!
Chapter 33 ~ I See You!
Chapter 34 ~ Eenie Meenie Miney Mo!
Chapter 35 ~ Fully Equipped!
Chapter 36 ~ A City Sleeps!
Chapter 37 ~ Time to Investigate!
Chapter 38~The Towering Tower!
Chapter 39 ~ And Who Are You?
Chapter 40 ~ Reunion
Chapter 41 ~ Until Next Time!
Chapter 42 ~ I'll ask the questions!

Chapter 19 ~ I'll be your friend!

1.4K 74 8
By Firefly94

Chapter 19

Your face lit up. You couldn’t wait to face Ryner. You went to stand when a big pair of arms wrapped themselves around you and pulled you back down.

“I don’t think so,” Axel said eying Ryner. He pulled you back so quickly you were now sitting in his lap as his arms were firmly wrapped around your middle.

“It’s fine Axel, I can take this guy,” you tried to wriggle free but he kept adjusting his grip each time you moved. For once it didn’t look like he would let you get away.

“If you’re looking for a fight why don’t you take me on? I’m all fired up” Natsu stood up ready to take on the challenge. Ryner looked from you to Natsu and back again.

“------,” Ryner sighed walking toward the middle of the field, “Are you coming or not?” You adjusted your weight and pulled against Axel with all your might finally breaking free. His hands quickly tried to grab at you again but you preformed a teleportation spell and popped out in front of the class.

“Sorry guy’s but I’m the only one Ryner here could possibly face,” you said as the majority of your class yelled in protest. You walked out to the middle of the field to join Ryner.

“You think they’d be mad if I put up a barrier?” He asked.

“Um… from you probably not the best idea,” You told him recalling how your dorm mates had been quite upset the last time he had used one. “I got this one,” you said raising your hands and placing a barrier around your classmates instead of the two of you. They were evidently extremely unhappy as you noticed a few of them try to break it but you wanted your room to move.

“Okay let’s see,” Ryner said scratching his chin. “I know it’s us but this is still supposed to be a class so in keeping with magical combat rules are no weapons, magic only.”

“Okay sounds fair.” You nodded in agreement. You stood about a good ten metres apart and readied yourself.

“Ready,” a smirk appeared on Ryner’s lips.

“Set,” you grinned.

“GO!” you yelled in unison both using a speed spell to propel yourselves forward. You met in the middle and began what looked very much like a well-choreographed dance as you both went to strike and dodge with extraordinarily timed precision neither of you laying a hit. It wasn’t unusual for this to happen as many of your sparring matches with Ryner over the years began this way. After a good couple of minutes of sparring you decided that this wasn’t going to get anywhere fast as you were both too in sync so you cast a flare spell between the two of you. You both put up a magical shield and road the magical blast away from each other.

A battle with Ryner was never really a place for words. You usually just exchanged grins and smirks as you pretty much knew exactly how the other would react. With a wave of your arm you sent a surge of thunder lances straight for him. Anticipating your attack he sent a lot of his own straight back, colliding with yours to form a screen of sparks. You used the sparks as cover to teleport right behind him and attempted to kick him in the side. He caught your leg and flung you around, sending you flying straight for the wall of sparks. Cloaking yourself in an electricity barrier you sailed straight through and landed gracefully on the other side. The wall of sparks subsided and you were back where you had started. Smirking at each other, as you stood ten metres apart on the field.

It was now Ryner’s turn to go on the offensive. A giant wall of dirt rose between the two of you. All of a sudden hundreds of pointed spikes flew from the wall and straight for you like a rain of arrows. Combining a speed spell with fire you spun around at lightning speed creating a flame vortex which disintegrated the spikes on contact and the ones it didn’t went flying away.  Ryner shot up behind you and using a wind spell sent you sailing straight for his wall of dirt. You flipped around in mid-air and sprung of the wall grabbing one of the earth spikes. Using currents created by your own wind magic you sailed straight past Ryner whacking him with the spike, knocking him over as you flew past. You noticed him smirk as he fell to the ground and looked up to see you were flying straight into a massive floating ball of water. Unable to stop yourself you flew straight into it coming to a halt in the centre. You couldn’t move or breathe so you immediately began shooting waves of magic out of your body and through the water to take control of the spell. You gained ownership almost immediately and instantly turned it into a giant block of ice before sending ice shards flying out in every direction. You stood and watched as Ryner merely put up a fire wall and melted every shard of ice before it even got to him. Both being mages able to control every element did make the battle just that little bit harder. It was time to bring out the big guns.  Both of you rose into the air on big pillars of earth, armies of wooden spikes behind the two of you, sourced from the surrounding forest. You both raised a hand ready to start your attack when a big booming voice came out of nowhere.

“------- and Ryner, stop this battle immediately and put my school grounds back exactly how you found them!” Makarov wailed. You both looked at the little, tiny… massive mess you’d made and pulled identical sheepish expressions. You put the trees back where you had found them… probably (They were in the general forest area, that’s good enough) and then lowered the ground back to an acceptable level. You both then walked over to where Makarov was standing outside the barrier that was still surrounding your class. You released the barrier just as Makarov started scolding the two of you.

“First of all,” he sharply pointed a finger at the two of you. “If you want to spar with each other organise it in the arena so that you don’t destroy my school. And secondly,” he counted off on another finger. “Invite me next time cause I want to watch,” his voice turned whiny. You sighed and faced palmed at his stupidity.

“I’m sorry about the first part.” You told him.

“You’re always so mean to me,” The old man whined.

“Hmm, Makarov you are standing in front of a class,” Ryner reminded him.

“Oh yes,” Makarov realised immediately gaining composure. “What did you guys think of the match?” he asked the students, “You don’t see something like this every day, you better have been taking notes.”

“-------, I didn’t know you could fight like that,” Sora stared at you awestruck.

“Yeah, how did you learn to use all the elements and even combine them like that?” Yuffie looked gob smacked.

“I told you, I read a lot,” You blushed, slightly overwhelmed by their praise.

“Isn’t it obvious,” Kairi scoffed. “She was shacked up with that new professor, Auron. She’s obviously had private lessons.” Kairi shot you a look of disgust.

“Actually Auron doesn’t use magic,” Makarov explained. “That’s one of the reasons he’s so good at swordsmanship.”

“Whatever, she’s obviously got something going on with Ryner, that’s probably where she learnt it. Got her little boy toy to teach her,” Kairi spat. You felt your anger bubbling up within and were seconds away from singeing off her eyebrows when Ryner seemed to notice and stepped slightly in front of you.

“I’ve known ------- for five years and in all that time I have never taught her a single thing if anything she was the one to teach me. And by the way it’s professor Lute to you,” Ryner spat right back. You were a little surprised. He normally never got that agitated.

“Whatever,” Kairi rolled her eyes. The lot of you sat in an awkward silence not quite sure what to do next.

“Well,” Makarov cleared his throat. “Still got another thirty minutes of class left.” He pointed out.

“I’ll take things from here,” Ryner said waving Makarov off.

“Have fun kiddies,” Makarov waved as he walked away.

“Okay class, thirty laps of the school grounds using speed spells,” Ryner ordered as he laid down on the grass. The class gave off a collective moan.

“Oh what was that you want to do thirty-five you say, okay then,” Ryner told them.

“This sucks,” Natsu moaned loudly.

“Shut up idiot,” Gray slapped him upside the head as everyone began heading off. You laughed as you watched the two of them bicker as they sped around before their argument somehow turned into a race. You sat down on the grass next to Ryner with a sigh.

“You know you’re part of this class too,” he smirked.

“I’m not doing that,” you signalled to the group of runners. “Anyway you just said I was your teacher.”

“I didn’t say you were my teacher, I said you taught me something,” He said.

“Really cause I don’t remember teaching you anything,” You said trying to think back.

“You taught me not to be afraid to just be me,” he said softly, rolling onto his side.

“Awe you’re just thankful I was your first ever friend,” you teased.

“You were not my first ever friend,” He defended.

“Don’t worry everyone’s got to start some time, you were just a late bloomer.”

“Shut up,” he rolled further over trying to ignore you.

“Awe is someone getting shy,” you teased poking him in the side.

“That’s it.” He huffed. In a flash he was sitting up and had you in a headlock.

“Hey,” you fussed trying to push him away.

“You either let me nap or go for a run. Your choice,” he fought back against your fidgeting.

“I choose neither,” you tried to break free again but to no prevail. You kept struggling against him for a few more minutes until you were both in fits of giggles but he still hadn’t let go.

“Ah hem,” you heard a voice in front of you.

“Can we help you?” you asked Genesis who was standing at the front of the pack of your class. You were still giggling, still in a head lock.

“That’s definitely not thirty-five laps,” Ryner said. “Here take this with you.” He let go of you and pushed you at your class then rolled over to go back to sleep. “Off you go.”

A/N: Hey guys! What’s up? What ya think? All voting is still open so don’t forget to have your say. See ya in the next chapter~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164 3 5
Becoming a wandering mage at a young age, Lucy finds herself on new journeys nearly every single day. On a faithful day in the port town of Hargeon...
525 41 10
y/n l/n, a spirited transfer student from south korea, finds herself thrust into an unexpected adventure when a housing mix-up places her in an all b...
3.3K 56 9
Natsu decides that he is going to focus on nothing but studying for his senior year. He's had his fun and now its time to buckle down for his last ye...
109K 2.1K 128
-Credit goes to @Crowillow for having made the beautiful cover!! 18 year old Katsumi Namikaze lost everything before she travelled the world and join...