ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanficti...

By Iris270902_

[Under editing] Anam Cara : A person with whom you can share your deepest thoughts, fears and feeling. ... More

• Nandini Murthy •
• Manik Malhotra •
1. A Tune that Struck
2. Tangled Cords
3. Negotiations
4. Cupids
5. Frustration & Feelings
6. Mending with a Thread
7. An Eventful Evening
8. Locked Away
10. Shattering Prejudices
11. "She Is A Mystery!"
12. Poking The Tigress
13. Pulling The Breaks
chapter 15 : Imagination
chapter 16 : Preparations
chapter 17 : My Buddy
chapter 18: Manan Missing??
chapter 19: Drunken Moments
chapter 20 : Aftereffects
chapter 21 : Surprises And Shocks.
chapter 22 : Love Story
chapter 23: The Bachelor's
chapter 24: Ammu
chapter 25 : Past By The Sea
Chapter 26: I Am With You
chapter 27 : Stalking Him
Chapter 28 :Forlorn Lanes
Chapter 29 : The Escape.
Chapter 30 : Realization Hits!
Chapter 31: #Muku ka Abhi
Chapter 32: The Family Brunch
Chapter 33 : Unofficially Official
Chapter 34 : Indirect Confession
Chapter 35: The Language of Love
Chapter 36: Growing Relations
Chapter 37: Ray of Hope
Chapter 38: Mantra For Life
Chapter 39 : Misson Is On.
Chapter 40: A Whole New World
Chapter 41: Sanam Mere Sanam
Chapter 42: One Time Wonder
Chapter 43: The Fab 5
Happy New Year!!!
Chapter 44 : Coupling
Chapter 45: Solitude
Chapter 46: A Day Out
Chapter 47: Sunset And You
Chapter 48 : Re-living
Chapter 49: Goodbyes
Chapter 50: Without You...
Chapter 51: Tashan
PROMO
Chapter 52 : The Begining of US
Chapter 53: The Night of Love
Chapter 54 : Flowers for You
Chapter 55: Will you be my date?
Chapter 56: Understanding Manik
Chapter 57 : My Metanoia
Chapter 58 : Badimaa
Chapter 59 : The Charity Gala
Chapter 60 : Broken
Chapter 61: Bhula Dena Mujhe
Chapter 62 : THE Day
Chapter 63: Truth of The Past (1)
Chapter 63: Truth of the Past (2)
PROMO
Chapter 64: The Last Fight
Chapter 65: Forever?
(Bonus) Chapter 66: The Sea of Love
Sequal

9. Bending To His Will

6.1K 429 33
By Iris270902_

|| The smallest of joys,
warms the heaviest of hearts ||

🔹🔹🔹

"We are locked here Nandini, until you agree to my conditions"

Manik stood in front of the closed door, putting up his best smirking face forward and hands in his pockets. He put up quite a show of fearlessness in front of Nandini, taking her a little by surprise.

"Are you mad?", came the obvious and spontaneous reply from Nandini. It did nothing to deter Manik from his stance. He came with full preparation this time. "Call me mad or call me anything you like but, this door isn't opening until you agree to my conditions", he locked his eyes with hers, this time without any flashing guilt but a deep down softness in his orbs.

Nandini was dumb struck at his daring, but masked it comfortably. Atleast according to her she did. Manik however, was able to see beyond the shown which gave him a soft smile and some more confidence to go ahead with his plan.

"No way", she said gritting her teeth. Making Nandini Murthy agree on something she isn't willing to do is a task which needs god to come down on earth. Even then there will be a maybe yes or maybe not attached to it. "Fine! Then let's stay locked up", the confidence in his demeanor was a source of suspicion of Nandini. Manik definitely had something powerful up his sleeve otherwise he wouldn't have been so confident.

But she wasn't someone who would sit back. "In your dreams Mr. Malhotra", she muttered, "Any time Aryaman would be here and I will be out of here", mocked Nandini. Manik, much to her despise gave an utterly opposite reaction. He let out a grin before rubbing his lower lip with his index finger, in a way, that made even Nandini stop and stare unabashedly.

"I am not that big of a fool Nandini. Come on", he spoke with conviction and smug sprawled on his face. Those were the warning bells for Nandini. "What!?", for the first time since Nandini had entered the room, her face showed signs of confusion. It did take some time for the thoughts to strike but when they eventually did, she remembered Aryaman's words from that day.

I have to let Manik inside our lives

"Is Arya in this with you?", her rehtorical question left even herself disconcert. At first she was indeed sceptical because the thought of Aryaman betraying her was vague, but when Manik's smile brightened at this, she became sure that she has been deceived by her most trusted ally. "Arya wherever you are just open the door before I knock it down", she still thought that if Aryaman was listening to her he may change his sides to original again.

"Nandu atleast listen to him. I swear I won't open the door before you agree", a feeble voice rang in their ears, that came from the other side of the closed doors. "Unbelieveable", she couldn't believe her own ears. 'What spell has this guy casted on Arya?', she failed to understand. Knowing Aryaman for long enough time, Nandini knew that if this guy has set his mind to something he won't back off.

Still, she could take one last aim at it, maybe a little emotional one may work."You are really helping him over me?", she brought all the sisterly emotions in her out, and produced the words in such a tone that even Manik got into a swamp. Aryaman's prolonged quietness gave some rays of hope to Nandini which were soon buried down.

"You won't be able to blackmail me Nandu", Aryaman spoke the truth which even Nandini knew. "Fine. Tell me your conditions", she said at last, seeing no way out other than that. Nandini wanted it to be over fast so she can escape Manik. Nothing was as daunting as having Manik in front, for her.

Manik had a beaming smile spread across his face. Even in just a small time period of knowing Nandini he has understood the knicks and knacks of handling her. After making her agree on doing something against her will, everyone deserves a smile.

"First is, quit calling me Mr. Malhotra. I have a beautiful name", the first condition he out across was doable. She can address him by his name, anyway they won't be meeting after this night ends. So the first condition was agreed to with a nod from her side. .

Before Manik put forth his second condition, he let out a sigh. This one was going to be tough, and he was up for the challenge. "Secondly, you will come with me for a dinner after this party is over".

"What?", as expected, the moment Nandini heard this, she became livid, "I am not doing that even if you keep me locked in here for weeks and months". Manik was uncannily calm, as if all this didn't matter to him. "Think again Nandini", he spoke in a honeyed voice. "You cannot make me agree to this", even Nandini was determined.

He gave out a smirk and started walking towards her, closing on the distance between them. Ideally, even Nandini should have taken her steps back but she stood her ground, boring her eyes into his and challenging him by not backing off. At not even an arms distance from her, Manik spoke huskily, "I had heard that Nandini Murthy was a very professional business woman, but the reality seems quite opposite".

The goosebumps that were earlier surfing on Nandini's skin with Manik's proximity, were forgotten when she heard Manik say that. "What are you trying to say?", she growled. Nandini can never stand her professionalism, that has become her second character being questioned, specially by a nobody. "We had an agreement. You promised me a coffee, a lunch and a dinner and I promised to walk for you. I completed my promise but you're walking out on yours".

Manik has pressed the right trigger and he knew that too. Nandini will now go till any extents to prove him wrong and that would serve his motives just right. Though her eyes had a hint of red hot rage, she mumbled a low 'fine'. The smirk that Manik has been sporting was quickly replaced by a bright pearly grin, that reached his eyes. Gone was that remorse and guilt, instead there was a surge of happiness in them.

His smile looked so genuine that in spite of her being so agitated, for a moment Nandini forgot it all and smiled looking at him. A voice from inside her questioned her, 'Do you really think he is same as the others?'. She may not have answered it but deep within, every cell of her body wanted him to be different, different than everyone else she has ever met.

"Now let me go before I change my mind", back was her facade as she ordered Manik, who was more than willing to comply. Why won't he be? He finally has things going his way. "After you milady", he bowed opening the door for her. She snorted and glared at him, hiding behind them a small smile and moved out, adjusting herself. She had a traitor to deal with.

~•~

Few minutes after Nandini exited the lobby, out came Manik Malhotra sauntering with his ever smokey grin plastered on his face. The firey exchange of glances that happened between the two would have been, mostly avoided or looked over, but not by these two.

Abhimanyu and Mukti were standing at the reception, looking for their other comrades, who have gone missing. They might not have been able to find them but they did became a witness to the eye locks and looks the two people passed between each other, rest they had the mind to put two and two together.

As soon as Manik saw them standing there, whispering something to each other he glided towards them,"What's up guys?", he asked normally. "You tell us what's up with you and Ms. Murthy there", countered Abhimanyu, increasing the smirk he had. "Why was she glaring at you as if you have staked a claim on her property", joined in Mukti.

"Because your super intelligent brother just outwitted her", he said raising his imaginary collar in the air. Instead of getting praises, Manik was treated with a cruel laughter from the two. "You outwitted THE Nandini Murthy...hahaha", both of them refused to believe even a word he said. "Arre...I am telling the truth", he tried advocating for himself but it was of no use. He didn't mind much too because one day or the other they'll come to know. Right now, he had something more important to think about.

In just two hours, Manik has to give Nandini a night that she remembers, a night that when she thinks about will take her to him and he was very much up for the challenge.

~•~

At exact 11:20, thirty minutes after the party officially ended, Nandini was out, walking towards the main entrance of the hotel where she had agreed to meet Manik. She went to change and get refreshed as soon as the party was over.

Abiding by Manik's 'guidelines' as he has messaged her, she was wearing a comfortable pant and kurta with flats, and absolutely no make up on. Her hairs were as usual up in a bun, but not the sleek one that she does usually. It was a messy one from which her tendrils popped out every now and then, and she had to push them back behind her ears.

If anyone sees her like this, they won't believe this same lady who was looking so innocent was minutes ago dressed in a slight gown, all ready to kill. She however, didn't mind at all.

All the while from the room till the reception she kept dialling Aryaman's number, trying to get in his contact but he didn't pick even one call. He won't even come in front of her because of the stunt he pulled off with Manik.

He knew he was in trouble but he ofcourse overlooked it in the heat of the moment. But, when the plan was over, it had come running back to his mind and he made the wise decision of not coming in front of Nandini until the next day, atleast.

Nandini had not expected to find Manik on time, thus was pleasantly surprised when she found Manik, changed and waiting for her, leaning on his car. While taking slow steps towards her, Nandini raked in his look.

Manik was wearing a white tee over which was a denim shirt and his usual black jeans. All in all, he sported a very casual look, which was in stark contrast to what he was wearing a few hours back. Yet, she has to admit looked as hot as he was in that suit as in it.

How much ever Nandini try not to look at his appearance, her eyes dragged her to the same. He was on his mobile, typing something which flexed his well toned biceps that his shirt outlined very neatly. His broad shoulders and ofcourse the appeasing tallness, he looked like the perfect eye catcher that he is.

He was lowkey biting his lips while typing, maybe in excitement or in nervousness, but that gave Nandini currents, even if she denies. She was so lost in checking him out that she didn't realise she has reached too close to him. Much close to her liking. Only after his strong woody cologne intruded her senses that she understood and stopped where she was.

"Ahem!!", she gained Manik's attention as he plopped his mobile back in his pockets and turned to face her.

There were simultaneous contours on Manik's face as he looked at her, top to bottom. Too fast to even let Nandini deduce the meaning of each one of those. "How did you become short?", he finally blurted after taking his own sweet time.

"What!?", outraged Nandini at his indecent comment. "No I mean...the last few times that we met, you came above my shoulders and now suddenly you don't even reach my shoulder level", Nandini had her mouth left gaping. Was she surprised at his minute observation or was she surprised at his unfiltered comment? She had no idea herself.

"Mr. Malho...", she was interrupted before she could take his name. After an irritated eye roll and after she had understood what she said wrong she began again, "Manik...if you don't want a bloodied nose, I suggest you get in the car and drive". She sent a warning across.

"Okay okay", he raised his arms in a false alarm and walked half way to the car door before he turned, ran back, opened the door for her. "I can open it myself", she retorted which Manik politely turned it down saying, " I would love to do it all the time".

Nandini, finally, slid inside the passenger seat and waited for Manik to close the door. He did close it but before that, he bent low to Nandini's level and came closer to her face. Albeit her heightened heart rate and blurring images, Nandini held her sanity intact by looking ahead and not daring to look into his brown eyes.

"I have never seen someone carry both the attires so elegantly and beautifully as you", he softly complimented with his lips slightly grazing her earlobes, and making the ever powerful Murthy stifle back a moan and fist her dress. His hot breaths falling right behind her ears, her most erogenous spot, made a school of butterflies erupt in her stomach.

At that time, for show sake, she may have given him a glare but inside, she was flustered. No one has complimented her so genuinely, leaving Aryaman. There was a light crimson shade appearing on her cheeks, which she tried to cover up as soon as possible because Manik was already in the car.

If this was just a trailer, then she had no idea how the night was going to be.

~•~

Did you guys like the trailer?😉

Any ideas about how the film is going to be?

***

All my old readers, if you're reading this, then are you guys liking it?

Is it better than what it was?
Any changes you want to see?

Also feel free to point out my grammatical errors if any left.

***

🌸Have a good evening guys🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 19.5K 95
Is it always so perfect as it seems? Are predictions always true? Does True love actually exists? . . Is the love of your life really your life? Befo...
41.8K 4.7K 114
In the towns of Lucknow, ASI Samairaa Vashisht is a recently appointed officer. She has been told to train under SI Karishma Singh. What twists and t...
SHIKAST By imdone

Fanfiction

175K 26.3K 73
Hiii😁
91.2K 8.1K 16
This is a story of two peopled who are poles apart... one had lost everythingg in her life.. now she doesnt beleive in love... she is shattered...