Element Wielder

By CesarAnthony

"His mother's screams remained etched in his mind. He promised himself that night he would never again stand... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
The 2 Lost Chapters
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 17

22.4K 1.3K 100
By CesarAnthony

Hello!!!

In this chapter we get to know our friend, Sheridan a bit better. He is a space wielder. 

If you look closely at his hand, you'll be able to see his space emblem (complete with shooting stars an all). If you have a hard time seeing it, check out the website picture. It's much more clearer there.

CHAPTER 17

Sheridan approached the center of the arena wearing his usual long black coat. Falcon often wondered how Sheridan could tolerate wearing a garment that reached down to his knees, especially during the scorching Ladria summers. It was one of the many things about Sheridan that Falcon did not understand.

“Good luck, Hyatt,” said Sheridan with a huge smirk. Sheridan’s insistence on calling everyone by their last name was another mystery. But despite Sheridan’s unusual quirks, Falcon liked him. Sheridan always wore a contagious smile.

Sheridan took a readied stance, holding his large broadsword in front of him. It hardly classified as a broadsword. It had one sharp side and it curved at the tip, resembling a machete more than any sword Falcon had ever seen.

Falcon brought his katana to the fight, opting to forego his double-edged sword. For this fight he wanted speed, not power.

The judge came between them. His exhausted eyes were halfway shut and his words slurred. “The last fight of the day will be between Falcon Hyatt and Sheridan Calhoun.” His hand shot down. “Begin.”

Falcon moved forward with a flurry of sword motions. His sword cut air as Sheridan dodged his attacks. Sheridan counterattacked with his own rush of sword strikes. Falcon sidestepped attack after attack, waiting for an opening, an opening that he couldn’t find.

Falcon took a step back. It was clear he couldn’t win this encounter with just his swordplay. Sheridan was as fast with the sword as he was. He would have to rely on wielding.

All of a sudden, a heavy weight came over him, as if someone had tied a ten ton weight around his ankle. He tried to move. His body didn’t budge.

Seizing his opportunity, Sheridan kicked Falcon’s ribs. With a loud grunt Falcon fell to one knee.

Space force. Space wielders would summon the pressure found in celestial bodies and use it on their foes. Falcon had even heard stories of legendary space wielders who had space-forced entire armies.

Then it hit him. He could space wield too!

Sheridan brought his fist forward, moving in for a punch. At the last second Falcon wielded space force to increase his speed. Simultaneously, he wielded up a rock wall from the ground. Sheridan’s fist cracked loudly as it drove into the hard surface.

“Ouch!” cried Sheridan. He stumbled back, caressing his hand. “Pretty good, Hyatt. Giving me a taste of my own medicine. Not bad, not bad at all. But don’t forget, you might be able to space wield, but I doubt your space wielding is on par with mine.”

 Falcon cracked his knuckles. “You’re right, but I have more than one element, remember? Besides…” He glanced at Sheridan’s emblem. Its color had begun to fade. “You seem to be running low on energy. Think you can outlast me?”

Sheridan smirked, “Let’s find out, Hyatt. Try to stop me if you can.” He rushed forward.

Falcon quickly wielded two rock arms that formed behind him. He now had four arms: two made of flesh and two of rock. He threw his katana to one of the rock hands. Bringing his hands together, Falcon wielded a fire and water whip.

Sheridan thrust his sword at him. The rock arm parried every one of Sheridan’s attacks. Falcon pushed his hands forward and brought both fire and water whips together as one. The giant whip picked Sheridan up, carried him high above and slammed him to the ground.

“Ten… nine… eight…”

The countdown came to an abrupt end as Sheridan’s body dissolved into thousands grains of dust. The gold and silver dust swept up and intermingled with the wind, creating a glittering sky.

Stardust!

Sheridan had created a clone of himself with stardust! He scanned his surroundings for signs of him. He was still searching when Sheridan appeared out of thin air, catching Falcon off guard. Blow after blow rocked him back. The hits to his head blurred his vision. He saw three Sheridans. A trio of fists slammed his head, sending him reeling to the ground.

“Ten… nine… eight…”

Falcon boiled inside with anger. So much rage. How could I have allowed myself to lose?

“seven… six…”

Falcon’s body trembled. From deep inside, he felt the force of an energy entity emerge, a dark energy that ate at his core. It boiled within him like a volcano. Then the power did what all volcanoes do.

~ ~ ~

Aya’s lips trembled as she witnessed her friend transform. Bright red pits replaced his eyes. His skin morphed into a dark brown color marred with deep scars. His hair color changed to a crimson red. Is this really the Falcon I know?

Falcon released a thunderous roar that sent shockwaves through the air. The people in the stands screamed, rushing for the nearest exit.

Falcon turned his attention to the person closest to him, Sheridan.

“Er…” mumbled Sheridan, stepping backwards. “That’s, um, quite a transformation. I don’t suppose it would be too much to ask to let me walk away now. Wouldn’t want to steal your spotlight or anything with my dashing good looks.”

Falcon didn’t seem amused by Sheridan’s sense of humor. He stared at Sheridan with a savage look in his eyes.

Falcon dashed forward. Sheridan brought up his weapon. With a simple swipe of his hand, Falcon cut it in half. Sheridan was left holding half a sword. The other part clattered to the ground.

How did he cut through a sword using just his hands? What power is this?

He held out his hand. A dark ball of matter materialized in his hand. Is he dark wielding? No, it couldn’t be. Dark wielding attacks were pitch black in color, and the matter in Falcon’s hand had shades of deep blue and purple.

Falcon unleashed the ball of energy. The attack found its mark. Sheridan fell to the dirt floor unconscious.

Aya ran into the arena. “Stop! You don’t know what you’re doing.”

Oblivious, Falcon moved in awkward, twitchy movements toward his adversary. His head jerked back and forth and his feet dragged on the ground as his hands dangled next to his waist.

Falcon reached Sheridan. He bent down and with one hand picked the limp body up by the neck. 

Aya’s wound prevented her from running, so she limped to Falcon as fast as she could. She gripped his hand and pulled him toward her.

Falcon growled and tossed Sheridan’s body aside.

Aya crept back. “Falcon, it’s me. Remember? I’m Aya, your friend.” Falcon’s cold expression told her all she needed to know.

Aya took a readied stance. She couldn’t possibly escape his attacks, not in her condition, but she was determined to survive long enough for the people in the coliseum to escape.

But the attack never came. Instead she was met with the sight of Grandmaster Zoen inching his way toward them. What hope does the old grandmaster possibly have against such power?

Falcon turned his sights on the ancient master. A ball of matter materialized in each of his clawed hands. With all his might, he fired them at Grandmaster Zoen.

Aya shrieked, expecting the grandmaster to drop dead. But to her surprise, he didn’t even flinch as the balls dissolved inches away from his face. He mumbled a few words under his breath and pointed his cane at her friend. In an instant Falcon’s features returned to normal.

“Where am I? What happened?” asked Falcon. He stumbled forward and collapsed. 

Thanks for reading. I may upload the next chapter tonight.

Please don't forget to comment and/or vote.

Thank you all. You guys are awesome.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 43 12
Y/n is everything but a normal girl. She was supposed to be a Queen. A Queen with a Kindom to defend and take care of. Her Kingdom had been slaughter...
425K 18.7K 57
WATTYS SHORTLIST 2018 The heart desires the unreachable. A rare creature born of Middle Earth must undo the damage of her predecessor, who helped for...
3.8K 562 65
NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON. Action, Romance, Bad Weather & Broken Crayons! ** Elemental beings struggle over the fate & heart of a 2-souled artist as s...
2.1K 138 21
Two hundred years of peace have passed in Zertima, a land filled with magic, creatures, and mages. However, after those two hundred years comes an er...