Pirates of the Night

By Bluelighting3

When an archaeologist goes on a quest for sake of knowledge, she realizes things aren't what they seem. Foll... More

A Couple of Words
Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI

Chapter XIV

13 4 4
By Bluelighting3

Hello everyone! How are today on this fine morning? 

Feeling something icy cold being splashed at me. I jerked up and looked left and right trying to find the danger. The first thing I notice is Lilac standing in front of me with some sort of wooden bucket. Next, I realized that my bones are purple and I feel lighter. A feeling of confusion, alarm, and fear come over me and I looked at Lilac.

"Rowan, just relax. The color is from the potion remember," she spoke in a soft voice as if I was a scared animal.

At that thought, I remembered the potion I drank and began to slowly calm down through deep whiffs of air but then it hit me. She didn't tell me it will be this painful and that made me mad her so I glared at her like a little child.

"I wanted to tell you, but I thought maybe if I did you wouldn't want to drink it anymore and just tried to swim and you would have died" she explained while her eyes were filled with sadness and worry. I guess she did have a point, but still at the lest I would know what I am getting myself into. Sighing I began to be less angry at her.

"Okay," I replied. Walking slowly to the crystal lake, looking at my reflection on the clear shining water. My fiery hair was a mess, I still look like a skeleton but now I am a purple one. At the lest clothes are covering some parts up. Taking a deep breath I went over the plan. Find crystal. Avoid Kraken. Take crystal. Swim back. Sounds fairly easy but then again since when does anything goes to plan. At that thought, a small smirk came on my mouth. Looking at the dark starry night above my head while taking a long inspiration of air as I thought of haze.

I leaped into the lake. The water was cold but as the minutes went by it began to go warmer. I kept sinking deeper and deeper in the water. It was dark and the only light could be seen was the faint glow of the moon from above. Finally reaching the bottom. I took the moment to feel and admire the scene. It was simply magical. There was something so nostalgic about being in the deep sea it almost made me want to tear up. I wish Haze was her to see this, he would be so happy and excited trying to see everything.

I don't know how long I was simply standing there in the cold rough sand looking at the lake. I decided to was time to go back to the mission. I took my first step and found that I can walk. I didn't know where I was going so I was simply exploring. There were a couple of times where a small school of fish would swim right past me as their scales shimmered with the light of the moon. They would look at me checking what this weird creature is. There was a small one that came and swam right next to my check as if saying hello and it went back with its friend.

Continuing walking I glimpsed a light purple shimmer, very similar to one of the crystals. I decided it was time to swim but as I was getting closer I noticed there were no more fish. There weren't any sea plants. Suddenly the sea became quiet, too quiet and that is never a good sign.

Without turning around, I went back slowly and that's when I saw there is something there. Something big, that's when it opened its eyes and looked at me directly. It was none other than the Kraken. I stiffened frozen, I could feel my heartbeat beat to picking up. I gulped. From all the lore that I have read, they all said that Krakens are blind so as long as I move very slowly I can move away from it.

I tried to calm my raging heart and moved very carefully away from the mystic beast. It still hasn't noticed me. It moved one of its tentacles and I could see the crystal it was right in the Krakens' cave. Great, I thought. Finally reaching safety I sat on the floor of the lake to calm down. I needed to work on a new plan. I laid on the cold sand letting my short fiery hair sway in the ocean current. Taking a deep breath I puffed some air out which created some small bubbles that slowly floated to the surface. I watched as they did, reflecting with the soft light from the rising sun.

I wanted to close my eyes and enjoy the serenity of this place. I tried covering my eyes with my hands but the light went through my fingers but they still shielded them a little. I focused on my surroundings enjoying the light echos of the magical lake.

After enjoying the moment that I won't get to experience again I slowly began to get up and tiptoed to the Krackens' cave where I could see its head. I stood in front of its crustaceous head with anxiety filling my body. While another feeling began to take rise, curiosity. I began to wonder how it would feel if I touched it and feel its' skin. My hand began to itch with want to feel its skin under my bony fingers, it was so close to touching it when I held my hand swiftly away not to alert the creature. But suddenly its eyes shot open and I was mesmerized by those beautiful greyish eyes. I could almost feel as if it knew I was here standing before it, watching it.

Taking a deep breath to soothe my pounding heart I slowly began to move away cautiously as not to let it notice me. That's when I noticed a light purple glow coming from behind the Kraken I took a peek to see what the glow was; it was the last Oceanic Crystal. I stared at the mystic gem inching my hands to reach it. Felling its power surging through me. Like my soul called and beckoned me to it. For its power to share. That's when I suddenly snapped and regained my composer. I looked away from the purple hue and the fog that was on my mind cleared up.

I noticed that Kraken still hasn't sensed me. I walked closer to its cave entrance so I was behind one of its long arms. I squeezed myself between its arms and the rocks of the cave. Trying very slowly to avoid touching it and making swift moment to alert it. Just as I was about to hold the crystal and have it in my hands. I touched one of the Kraken's arms by accident when it began to move, my body froze in place while my heart jumped out of my chest. I screamed to my mind to move but my body didn't obey. Quick short breaths escaped my mouth. I tried to calm down and not make a noise. But that's when its arm slithered closer to touch me. I ran, I don't why I did that but I did. I swam away but by doing so I made my presence more known and I could feel it hot on my trail.

The sun has fully risen and it blinded me for a few seconds. The scene was more magical in the morning light then at night, with all the sea creatures swimmy by and the plants were vibrant with colors that shone like the sunset that danced in the waves. But I didn't have time to enjoy it. I turned around expecting the Kraken to be right behind me but I saw nothing. There was no Kraken. I was confused. I went slowly back to see where the beast had gone. When I finally spotted, it was hiding in the shade under a sea of aquatic plants. It was avoiding all the sports where the sun shone. It hit me like a block of ice, It doesn't like sunlight! That's its weaknesses.

Knowing that it won't be coming out anytime soon due to it still being very early and fairly far away from its cave. I sighed a sigh of relief, letting the peacefulness wash over me. I decided to relax and enjoy this silence while it lasts. I sunk to the beautiful shining sand and laid down. Looking up at the glowing sun and clear water. I don't know how long I sat there letting my mind wander and thoughts float around but I felt such tranquillity that I haven't felt in a long time. I don't know how long I have been like this but it felt as centuries passed. Taking a deep breath, I got up and began heading towards the Krakens' cave and get that crystal.

I got to the cavern and noticed it looked like a giant seashell. I looked at the odd-looking cave in confusion but then again the Kraken is a crustacean so this isn't too odd. I walked slowly into the cave watching my head so it doesn't get hit in the long stalactites. As I go deeper the newer it gets. I hadn't realized that before when I was here with the beast. I could see the glow of the crystal shining on the walls and getting brighter as I got farther.

The more I walked the more distressed I became. I spot the crystal my heart leaped out of my chest. It was sounded by sharp and spindly rocks coming from the ground. This just keeps getting harder and harder. Sighing, I got closer to see if my hand can fit between the spikes. 

Looking at my hand and the space between the rocks. It looks to be too small for my hand but I will still give it a shot. Passing my fingers slowly they fit but when it came to my hand it got a little stuck but with a small nudge, it went through. Now comes the hard part where I take the crystal and pass through the bars. Grabbing the Crystal slowly while not looking at it directly. I try to pass it, pulling my hand as hard as I can without dropping the crystal.

I heard a small cracking sound coming from my hand and a shock of pain ran through my arm. I wanted to scream at the discomfort but I continued to push through and finally freed my hand and the crystal. Feeling a little accomplished that I had the jewel now in my hands. I cover it up with my hairband and began heading for the surface.

The longest chapter in this whole book be in for one emotional rollercoaster not mention only a couple of chapter left and we a done. hope you all enjoyed your time on this journey so far.  

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please keep in mind they have been edited but by me personally and my grammar isn't the best in the world. I will heir an editor later once the chapters have been all published.

I wonder how Lilac will react to the crystal? 

Any advice on how to improve the story is greatly appreciated.

Please comment, vote and share your opinion⭐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 5.9K 30
After the Christmas party, Geno thought he'd never get to see Death anymore. Boy was he wrong! After a couple of chilling moments and heartfelt scene...
530K 14.7K 34
Each day she wakes up in a different body, not knowing who she is, and each night that body dies. She is the Reaper Syndrome, and she's desperate to...
13 1 4
As punishment for her past sins, Lia has served for hundreds of years as a reaper. Stripped of her soul and her memories, she exists in the reaper re...
239 78 19
Vivienne's life completely changes at her very young age. It turned upside down in just the use of her voice. The Voice. People had always called it...