ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanficti...

By Iris270902_

[Under editing] Anam Cara : A person with whom you can share your deepest thoughts, fears and feeling. ... More

β€’ Nandini Murthy β€’
β€’ Manik Malhotra β€’
1. A Tune that Struck
2. Tangled Cords
4. Cupids
5. Frustration & Feelings
6. Mending with a Thread
7. An Eventful Evening
8. Locked Away
9. Bending To His Will
10. Shattering Prejudices
11. "She Is A Mystery!"
12. Poking The Tigress
13. Pulling The Breaks
chapter 15 : Imagination
chapter 16 : Preparations
chapter 17 : My Buddy
chapter 18: Manan Missing??
chapter 19: Drunken Moments
chapter 20 : Aftereffects
chapter 21 : Surprises And Shocks.
chapter 22 : Love Story
chapter 23: The Bachelor's
chapter 24: Ammu
chapter 25 : Past By The Sea
Chapter 26: I Am With You
chapter 27 : Stalking Him
Chapter 28 :Forlorn Lanes
Chapter 29 : The Escape.
Chapter 30 : Realization Hits!
Chapter 31: #Muku ka Abhi
Chapter 32: The Family Brunch
Chapter 33 : Unofficially Official
Chapter 34 : Indirect Confession
Chapter 35: The Language of Love
Chapter 36: Growing Relations
Chapter 37: Ray of Hope
Chapter 38: Mantra For Life
Chapter 39 : Misson Is On.
Chapter 40: A Whole New World
Chapter 41: Sanam Mere Sanam
Chapter 42: One Time Wonder
Chapter 43: The Fab 5
Happy New Year!!!
Chapter 44 : Coupling
Chapter 45: Solitude
Chapter 46: A Day Out
Chapter 47: Sunset And You
Chapter 48 : Re-living
Chapter 49: Goodbyes
Chapter 50: Without You...
Chapter 51: Tashan
PROMO
Chapter 52 : The Begining of US
Chapter 53: The Night of Love
Chapter 54 : Flowers for You
Chapter 55: Will you be my date?
Chapter 56: Understanding Manik
Chapter 57 : My Metanoia
Chapter 58 : Badimaa
Chapter 59 : The Charity Gala
Chapter 60 : Broken
Chapter 61: Bhula Dena Mujhe
Chapter 62 : THE Day
Chapter 63: Truth of The Past (1)
Chapter 63: Truth of the Past (2)
PROMO
Chapter 64: The Last Fight
Chapter 65: Forever?
(Bonus) Chapter 66: The Sea of Love
Sequal

3. Negotiations

7.3K 542 82
By Iris270902_

|| It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped||

🔹🔹🔹

Please vote and comment ❤️

Murthy Industries

"Manik Malhotra", Aryaman finally dropped the bomb. He was ready to face the brunt because he thought his words will meet the fire of Nandini. She will scream and shout and refuse to go but he had all the tricks up his sleeves to make her ready to meet him.

His eyes widened as a saucer when he heard her say, "Okay sign him in then". Did he actually hear correct? Is she really ready to meet him? Her ice cool attitude almost made him rethink if she has actually forgotten about all that happened last night. He looked up and found her busy in the files. Shunning away the clouds of doubt, he thought of taking a chance. What can go worse? He has nothing to loose.

"Nandini I talked to his manager and he said for such sudden contracts you have to directly contact him", he now waited to judge her reactions. "Okay. You go and have a talk with him", she still hadn't looked up from the file. Her ultra cool attitude miffed Aryaman. "Nandini I am required for two three model fittings. Please can you go on my behalf?", Aryaman was trying his best to not get caught, for Nandini knew him really well.

Finally looking up, Nandini scanned his face. The toothy smile that he gave, forced her to say yes to him. "Fine! I will go", she rolled her eyes and got back to what she was doing. Aryaman mentally fist bumped himself and left happily to look after other arrangements. He just wished he has played the moves for the right person.

He had seen the effect he had and honestly, it was his only hope.

~•~

"Maddy why did you say yes?", an annoyed Manik asked the man in question. He was irritated, annoyed and what not at him because he had signed him in for some fashion show on the only day off that he got in some time. He was planning to spend that day being all 'Mumma's boy', but it seems destiny had other plans.

"Sir, I have not confirmed. The owner will come to meet you. Then you yourself decide", Maddy informed calming him down a bit. Manik, in his mind, was now thinking about all the ways in which he can politely decline the offer. He knew that whoever was coming to meet will try offering him double or tripple amount of the initial offer but there was no way he is agreeing to that. He was more than that.

"You are thinking of all the ways in which you can say no, right?", came a female voice from the entry door. The two people turned to find Nyonika standing, smiling as she knew very well how her son's thought process is.

A lady of immense grace and poise, Nyonika Malhotra was the queen of Malhotra household. An active social worker and a housewife, she dotted on her family. She was, in true sense, the lifelines of the house. Being surrounded by workaholics, she was that much needed breath of fresh air for them. At one time you can find her being an absolute child even after having two, and at the other side you can see her being the most mature woman you have ever come across. Manik was an exact copy of her.

"Nooo maa", Manik replied fearing that his next step is already revealed. "Yesss maa", Nyonika teased him, mimicking his style. "Come on maa", he whinnied as his mother sat beside him on the sofa. She casted a look at Maddy, who gladly backed away giving them mom - son time.

Palming his cheeks sweetly, Nyonika said "Manik, I know you wanted to spend time with us but beta work comes first". Truth be told, Nyonika herself wanted Manik to be home but she also knew the importance of work, for if you disrespect it, it will come back to disrespect you.

"But maa... even papa is coming tomorrow after three months", Manik being the youngest of the house, was always everyone's joy. To say he was mumma's boy won't be false but you have to add the fondness he had for his dad. While he saw his mom as his friend, he idolized his dad.

"And Raj would be very angry if he comes to know you are staying here at the cost of your work",Nyonika struck the right cords as there was nothing in the world which Manik could do which he feels will hurt his dad. Being the happy go lucky fellow that he is, it was rare when he thinks before taking a decision and the only exceptions were when concerning Raj.

She knew how to get things done from him. She was after all his , MOM. "Fine...I will go meet them but I will decide after meeting", he put forth a baseless condition because she knew he will now accept it. She batted her lashes in agreement. "Now help me choose my outfit for the meeting", nudging Nyonika, they mother son duo moved to have another round of bickering.

~•~

The cafe Trendz of the Lalit Mumbai, had turned into a no media zone for the day as paps' favourite, Manik Malhotra was to have a meeting there. The best possible spot which gave view as well as privacy was given to him.

Even after all these arrangements once every minute a fan intruded and asked for a picture whereas Manik being Manik never refused. Blame that on his thinking that a celebrity is what he is because of his fans. Clad in a checkerd white and black shirt along with black rugged jeans, Manik was alluring even those who were not his fans, that's the level of his charm.

Even though he posed with a wholesome smile for his fans, inside his brain, he was still with the hazel eyed businesswoman. She seemed to have conquered his entire thought process and honestly, he didn't mind. He was loving to dwell in her thoughts.

Manik was not able to forget the coldness that those eyes held in them but more vivid, in his mind was, how that coldness was transformed to warmth when he met her eyes and also how they went back to being icy at the end. All these imaginations of his mind were keeping him focused on them, making him quite unaware of his surroundings.

Entering that cafe, was Nandini. With her usual, no nonsense aura extending from her body language, she was dressed in a white off shoulder top and a rugged black jeans. The watch in her hands as well as the black shades that she wore, enhanced her persona.

The looks that she got on asking the receptionist a question was the weirdest she could ever get. It did not do anything just confused her a bit, for all she had asked was, "Where is Mr. Manik Malhotra sitting?". While her confusion was valid even the receptionists reaction was valid. Who asks this kind of question? How can she not recognise the superstar?

Anyway, she had to maintain her professionalism which is why she politely masked her surprise and showed Nandini the way to Manik's table. As they walked towards the table, Nandini noticed that there was a man wearing checkerd black shirt was sitting, who probably was Manik Malhotra.

Being in the showbiz it was impossible not to know the name Manik Malhotra. Similarly for Nandini, she has heard the name many a times but her policy of not working with male models never took her to a situation where she had to meet one. This was her first time working with one.

Moreover, Nandini did not maintain any contacts with the entertainment industry. She liked being backstage. "These vicious snakes lure you with their pretty faces and then eat you alive", she thought. She really had no sympathies with any of them. When it comes to this, she was extremely judgemental for them.

Right then too, she was judging Manik by the way he has styled himself. "Does not look professional", she remarked in her head. She in her mind has framed how to talk to him, what to say, what not say and lastly, how much and what to offer. That was her business genius!

Though Manik was, in a way, forcefully sent to this meeting, he did not let it reflect on his face. One of the advantages of being an acting sensation. You exactly know which emotion to hide and when. And, probably that's the reason that he turned with a full blown smile placed on his face after a sweet yet authoritative feminine voice called out to him"Mr. Malhotra?".

The same brown eyes met the same hazel eyes and created the same sparks that flew two days back, leaving the two much dazzled to speak further. The hands forwarded to shake were left hanging mid air, the greetings formed dried in the mouth. It was pure silence between the two, with none being able to understand the weird play of fate.

"Nandini Murthy", he said. "Manik Malhotra", she said.

The clock told that one whole minute of being speechless has passed yet these two could not come in the right frame of mind to strike a conversation. One was too gleeful while one was too sceptical.

Nandini felt emotionally naked and helpless under his gaze. There was just something in his gaze, she could not put a finger on it but it was there. She hated the feeling of being helpless. A personality like her liked being in the driving seat and not vice versa. The softness that her eyes were radiating on seeing him had to be turned to coldness. She has to take control of herself and the situation. The only reigns with which she can do that was of - professionalism.

Getting a hang on herself, she spoke, "please take a seat Mr. Malhotra". Nandini felt she has done a good job in masking her transition, but the reality was different. Manik like that night, once again, saw how she changed her body language from the feathery soft one to utmost professional. It was like her defence mechanism.

Manik, without any word, did as she told. The air around that isolated corner of the cafe just grew tense and awkward. The willingness to ease it was not shown from either side. It appeared as if they were still recovering from the shock. At that point, the waiter who came to take their order could rightly be termed as god's angel as it did provide them a breakthrough.

"Black coffee without sugar", Nandini ordered without looking at the menu. "Same for me", Manik dismissed the waiter with his trademark smile. His eyes saw the waiter go back with a feeling of happiness. Very soon, they did come back to meet their cold counterparts.

"Mr. Malhotra...", Nandini was now slowly understanding that there is no way she is enjoying or coming in control of this meeting, therefore, the best is to conclude it as soon as possible. "I will come straight to the point. You must be knowing that my brand 'Mesh' is coming out with its male clothing line. Our organization would love to have you as the first face of our brand", precise and to the point. That's how Nandini likes to be.

"And what about you?", the words which came out of his mouth, surprised not only Nandini but himself too. On a normal day, with another person Manik would have never uttered this , but today. Before either of them could react, the waiter once again intervened, this time with their coffees.

Nandini instantly took a sip of her coffee and sighed in relaxation. This black coffee was the much needed boost to put up with torturous meeting. She readied herself for more of this until the meeting is over. Manik, on the other end, was not able to take a sip more of that poisonous drink. He concentrated on Nandini's expressions to see if there was something wrong with the coffee or were his taste buds not working.

"How on Earth can you drink such thing?", Manik finally let out after observing her have it without any change of expressions. Nandini was somewhere expecting such kind of reaction. When he had ordered the same of himself, she was a bit surprised. He did not look like a person who would have such strong and bitter tastes.

Rolling her eyes she strictly ruled, "Mr. Malhotra, I don't know how you work but understand one thing, we at Mesh, work with extreme professionalism. I expect you to follow the same. Moreover, you come from a business family, I thought you must be knowing how to act professionally but I guess, professionalism is not valued there", in one breath Nandini completed.

It is not easy to irk Manik but with these lines Nandini was able to do it. He might not have taken her words to his heart, but it did unsettle him. In a world where a person's soft-spoken attitude is taken as his weakness, Manik has inculcated the habit of balancing both. He will be easy going with you until you give him reasons to be otherwise.

"Ms. Murthy", he stated looking directly in her eyes. The staggering look that he gave back to her startled her. She had never before felt such an authoritative gaze on her. For Nandini it was one of the first moments. "I respect your policy of strict professional standards but right now you yourself are not being professional. You came with a last moment request which is rather unprofessional", Neither does he get intimidated nor does he let anyone intimidate him.

Manik had done the impossible. He was able to zip Nandini Murthy by mere words. This was something which was deemed to be impossible. No one, I repeat no one has managed to shut up Nandini Murthy. He not only shutdown her system but also taught her a lesson that it is not necessary that a naive looking person has to have a subdued personality.

"Ms. Murthy I hope you know that taking sudden requests is against my policy of working", she wanted professionalism and now he was talking business. It was not out of frustration or for showing attitude. It was just Manik's way of expressing that he can not be subdued.

Not to forget the fact that business was Nandini's forte. You may have managed to beat her with your play of words but you cannot weigh down Nandini's genius when it comes to business. She knew the art of negotiation and when the other party is from the film industry, Nandini likes to think that she has an upper hand in it.

"We will be offering you double the principal amount", she grinned with almost the hint of victory. Manik though, stayed intact, analysing the expressions portayed. It was quite visible that Nandini was celebrating victory. "Ms. Murthy I think you don't understand my point. I don't like compromising with my policies", there was a shine of mischief in his eyes, which went hidden from Nandini's eye.

Nandini, still pressed on, "What about tripple the amount?". The roguish smirk on his face just grew miles more. He kept mum for sometime, as if formulating something in his mind. Nandini however, mistook his silence for a yes. "NA textiles will send the contract to your manager", she stood up forwarding her hands for a handshake to close the deal.

"A Coffee, a Lunch and a Dinner", Manik stated vaguely looking at Nandini, straight in the eye. "Sorry?", Nandini could not understand what was Manik trying to say. "Ms. Murthy as I said, I don't compromise on my policies, so I just marked a win win situation for us", Manik gestured Nandini to take her seat again. There was something yet to be explained.

"We take contracts in return of money, so not to make it a contract and go against my policy, I am making it an agreement without money. I will walk for your brand and in return you can accompany me for a coffee, lunch and dinner", that was it for Nandini. As if the dam was waiting to burst, she stared hard at him, got up and left. Leaving behind, a confused but hopeful Manik.

~•~

Welcome
Kishwer Merchant Rai
as
Nyonika Malhotra

Another chapter your way❣️

Will Nandini accept it?
Or
Will Manik's hope be drowned

Show your love❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 23.3K 52
Collection of short tales of love , passion , desire and romance
241K 19.2K 91
Is it always so perfect as it seems? Are predictions always true? Does True love actually exists? . . Is the love of your life really your life? Befo...
47.4K 7.4K 96
This story is based on PurVir..it is an igtv couple..the story is completely based on imagination it has nothing to do with the serial or real charac...
58.6K 10.6K 38
In this world full of trendy and fancy relationships and so called situationships, how hard do you think it is to find true love? Meet Sidharth Shuk...