Love isn't as easy as making...

By Mimorimori

Bakugou Katsuki is a Shounen manga artist and Midoriya Izuku is his assistant. The two have been working toge... More

Chapter 1: Shut up and get your hands moving!
Chapter 2: Let's hunt for a new assistant
Chapter 3: This is a curse!
Chapter 4: Mangaka are the same as God and Reaper
Chapter 5: Boyfriend shirt? Or matching shirt?
Chapter 6: Too much of a coincidence
Chapter 7: Gekkan Shoujo Todoroki-kun!
Chapter 8: A wild Pik*chu appeared! (Part 1)
Chapter 9: A wild Pik*chu appeared! (Part 2)
Chapter 10: And now they know
Chapter 11: Learning about love through a dating sim game
Chapter 12: This isn't good for my heart!
Chapter 13: This is why you should lock your door!
Chapter 14: Taking the bait like a greedy fool
Chapter 15: On Valentine Day...
Chapter 16: Fuck you and fuck my life!
Hidden story: Katsudon
Chapter 17: Looking for a present
Chapter 18: Is this a date?!
Chapter 19: The 'Cupids' behind the scene
Chapter 20: The real 'date' starts now! (Part 1)
Chapter 21: The real 'date' starts now! (Part 2)
Chapter 22: Happy Birthday Kacchan! (Part 1)
Chapter 23: Happy Birthday Kacchan! (Part 2)
Chapter 23.5: A very short message from Todo-sama
Chapter 24: When both mangaka and assistant is sick
Chapter 25: Today we're the mangaka!
Chapter 25.5: Being sick is troublesome after all
Chapter 26: Exposed!
Chapter 27: And the cat is out of the bag
Chapter 28.5: And we watch the ship goes sailing
Chapter 29: Teach me, sensei!
Chapter 30: Choosing a present for Izuku
Chapter 31: To the beach!
Chapter 32: A small accident
Chapter 33: A sleepless night for Katsuki
Chapter 33.5: How to escape from your house (Todoroki style)
Chapter 34: Happy birthday Deku!
Chapter 35: Kaminari is confused
Chapter 36: Words from the great Todo-sama
Chapter 37: Starting the Kirishima route
Chapter 37.5: BL Game
Chapter 38: Aquarium date, START!
Chapter 39: Get the hint already!
Chapter 40: At the end of the date
Omake specials
Chapter 41: King's Game
Chapter 42: Let me teach you something about the fandom
Chapter 43: A memorable Christmas night
Chapter 44: The taste of happiness (smut)
Chapter 45: Into a new year
A/N

Chapter 28: This is the best fucking day ever!

6.1K 361 619
By Mimorimori

A/N: This is a long chapter and to be honest, I wanted to split it into half but you guys might become pissed at me for delaying Kacchan and Deku's love confession for this long. All I can say is that I hope this chapter isn't too disappointing.

And for your information, this isn't the end. There's more to come since there are other characters that hasn't make their appearance yet!

-o-o-o-

"...Do I resemble her that much?" Izuku asked.

"Yes! Both of you are kind, has big eyes and green hair. Always mutter to yourself when thinking or making plan. On top of that, both of you can never be separated from your favorite red shoes." Uraraka replied.

As much as he wanted to laugh and tell Uraraka that they are nowhere alike, he was unable to do that. Why? Because there are times where Izuku thought that Miya and him has similar thoughts. But he just brush it off thinking 'wow, to think that Miya has the same thought as me. If she's real, we would get along so well'.

Now that he think back about it... Miya's red shoes! The biggest hint is that red shoes! Why didn't he notice that it was exactly the same as the one he's wearing?! Oh no, Izuku is starting to see Miya as the female version of himself!

"And I think you can cosplay her perfectly!" Uraraka added.

Izuku gives an awkward laugh. He wasn't sure how he should react or feel about that. Telling him cosplay a female character gives him mixture feelings. He won't wear a skirt and he will never wear one. Well, if Katsuki wanted to see him in skirt maybe he wouldn't mind- STOP! BRAIN! THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE THINKING ABOUT THAT!

Alright, back to the topic.

Izuku failed to notice a very big fact about Miya. Katsuki uses real people as models for all of his characters so Miya should have a model as well! And if Miya is Izuku... does that means right from the start, Katsuki has been using Izuku as a model?

If that's the case then given by Kaito and Miya's relationship... could it be that Katsuki is trying to tell Izuku that he has feelings for him? Why didn't Katsuki tell him about it himself?

No... the answer is pretty simple if Izuku thought about it. Katsuki is someone with a huge pride and Izuku is someone who is a coward. That's probably they weren't able to confess to each other until now.

Since Katsuki is unable to put it in words, he choose to do it in an indirect way by using his own manga and characters.

Even though Katsuki called Izuku 'dumb' and 'stupid', he can tell that the blond didn't mean it. It feels weird for Izuku to say this about himself but he's not stupid and Katsuki knows it. Which is probably why he's waiting for Izuku to figure it out all this time... oh no...

Oh fuck no...

All these time, Katsuki had been waiting for Izuku to notice the hints! And he only found out about it now! If it wasn't for Uraraka, how long will it took for him to realize it?!

"I'M SO SORRY KACCHAN! I'M STUPID AFTER ALL!!" Izuku internally screamed. Right after he scolded himself, Izuku accidently trip over his own foot and fall down flat on his face... ouch, that seriously hurts like hell.

"Deku-kun!"

"I'm fine!" Izuku gives a reassuring smile and got up. To think that he would fall down twice on the same day... how embarrassing.

As they continue to make their way to the school, Izuku's head has been filled with nothing but the new information that Uraraka gave him.

"Kacchan has feelings for me... Kacchan has feelings for me and he's giving me hints... what should I do? How should I respond to it? Should I ask Kacchan directly? Or should I just bite the bullet and confess to Kacchan?!"

With him being lost in his own thoughts, Izuku didn't pay any attention to his surroundings and this time, he walk right into a pole and Uraraka stares at him in shock.

"Deku-kun?!" she exclaimed.

Izuku remain silent this time as he slowly back away from the pole. Covering his face with both hands, he muttered. "I'm fine."

Now that he knows that Katsuki like him, there's no way that he can act normal like nothing is wrong with him. He couldn't even stop himself from blushing and smiling like a creep. He said that he's fine but...

HE'S DEFINITELY NOT FINE AT ALL!!

-o-o-o-

(Meanwhile in school...)

Ashido was mentally prepared to face the devil's fury.

After Kaminari and Kirishima told her about the 'danger' yesterday, she knew that she's in a big trouble and she has put Todoroki in a tough spot as well. For the first time in her life, she desperately wanted to skip school in order to escape Katsuki's fury.

The best advice Kaminari can give her is to tell her to accept her fate and get over with it just like how he always did, which isn't doing much help except making her more fearful of Katsuki.

The reason why all of this is happening is because of her own carelessness. Ashido got nobody else but herself to scold and curse. If she didn't drop her magazine, Katsuki wouldn't even found out about Todoroki's shoujo manga. And as the person who causes all these trouble, she will have to face the 'punishment'.

But what she didn't prepared to see is a silent and unresponsive Katsuki, sitting in his seat as he seems to be thinking about something deeply.Ashido just stand at the door staring at Katsuki, unsure if she should go in or not. This is her first time seeing a Katsuki being so quiet that it looks like he's dead.

She never knew that a quiet Katsuki would be even more frightening than an angry Katsuki.

That's it, this must be a sign that the world is coming to an end.

Ashido blinked when she saw Kaminari and Kirishima approaching her. And in Kirishima's hand, is the magazine that she dropped yesterday.

"Here, Bakugou asked me to return this to you." Kirishima said, passing the magazine over to Ashido, who told it with a puzzled look.

"Thank you very much." Ashido thanked and gives a quick glance at Katsuki. "Um, may I ask what happened to him?"

"To be honest, I'm equally clueless. When we reach the classroom, the first thing Bakugou did is to shove this magazine at me and told me to return it to you when you arrival. After that, as you can see..." Kirishima trailed off as he turn to look at Katsuki. "He just sat there and does nothing."

"We don't know what happened but whatever Todoroki told him must have been really shocking. And I'm too scared to go near him and ask-" Kaminari said.

"Ouch!"

"Deku-kun! Are you sure that you're fine? Does this always happen to you when you went to school with Bakugou-kun?"

"Um... I guess? Since Kacchan did scolded me for being clumsy quite often."

Hearing the familiar voices that belong to their classmates, the trio peek out of the classroom and saw Izuku sitting on the ground and Uraraka reaching out her hand to him, pulling him back up. This is the first time Uraraka and Izuku come to school together but that's not what they wanted to pointed out. What they wanted to ask is why does Izuku look like a mess?

His uniform is kind of dirty with dust and dirt on it and there are some scratches on his adorable face as well. Thankfully, he didn't come to school in blood or broken bones or else they would have thought that Izuku has been hit by a truck and nearly got send off to an Isekai world.

"Uraraka and Midoriya! Good morning!" Ashido smiled waved at her two friends.

"Morning!" Uraraka smiled back.

"Ah, morning guys." Izuku gives a sheepish smile as he went inside the classroom with Uraraka.

"Hey, what happened to you Midoriya?" Kaminari asked, eyeing Izuku from head to toe. "You look like you have fallen down the stairs."

"Yes, I did fall down the stairs a few minutes ago but it's alright since I didn't broke any bones." Izuku admitted, earning a stunned look from the three assistants. Oops, maybe he should have stay silent about it. Turning his attention to his seat, Izuku saw Katsuki staring at him in silent without his usual scowl, which is a really rare sight.

"Kacchan has feelings for me..."

Izuku own words came back to haunt his thoughts and his face immediately turn red. He quickly look away as a horrible way of hiding his blushing face. What should he do? He's happy but he couldn't bring himself to look at Katsuki properly! He would feel bad if he keep Katsuki waiting anymore longer than he should have. Izuku should confess- no, he NEED to confess to Katsuki!

Unfortunately for Izuku, the three assistants has notice his odd behavior and how he blushed when he saw Katsuki. Izuku probably didn't saw it when he turn away but they certainly did. Katsuki himself also blushed a little before he turn away at the same timing as Izuku.

Not only Katsuki is acting weird but Izuku is the same as well? What the heck is wrong with them today? What happened to Izuku on the way to school and what the hell did Todoroki told Katsuki?!

-o-o-o-

Hours fly by and it was now lunch time. Today, they are going to work on the remaining pages of Lost Paradise as soon as they finish their lunch but Kaminari and Kirishima has something they need to hear from Ashido. Which is why they send Katsuki and Izuku ahead.

Now waiting at the stairs, both of them wait patiently for Ashido. A few minutes later, she finally show up, ready to give them the information that she has gotten from both Todoroki and Uraraka.

"So? What did Todoroki told Bakugou?" Kaminari asked.

"Todoroki told me that he gave Bakugou a hint on how Midoriya has a crush on him." Ashido replied.

"I see. Given the way Bakugou acted today, he must have figure it out what that hint is referring to." Kirishima said.

"And what did Uraraka said?"

"Um... aside from having Midoriya finding out about her secret, all she did was talk to him about Miya."

Although Kaminari was curious about this 'secret' that Ashido spoke of, he shall put it aside for now. Katsuki and Izuku's issue is more important right now.

"Miya? So she's a fan of Lost Paradise?"

"Yes. She also told Midoriya that he... resemble Miya a lot..." Ashido trailed off and she turn her gaze to the side. She too, was shocked when Uraraka told her about it. Because telling Izuku that he looks like Miya the same as telling him, 'look at this Midoriya, Bakugou has been using you as a model for the heroine and he's hinting that he got a crush on you'.

And based on the dumbfounded look on Kaminari and Kirishima, she can tell that they understand what it means. There was a long silent between them until Kaminari suddenly shouted.

"IN ANOTHER WORDS THOSE TWO HAS FOUND OUT ABOUT THEIR CRUSH ON EACH OTHER!!"

The students passing by gives Kaminari a weird look for a few seconds before they went back to do their things. Oh god, that was kind of embarrassing...

"I don't know if I should be disappointed in Bakugou and Midoriya that someone else has to give them such a big hint in order for them to figure it out or not but..." Kaminari said wearily. Then he smiled and gives a thumb up. "I'm happy for them! Now that they know, this should speed things up quickly."

"I guess that's true." Kirishima nodded in agreement.

"Hey, who do you think will confess first?" Ashido asked.

"Hm... my guess will be Bakugou. He has always be the impatience type so there's a high chance that he'll confess to Midoriya first." Kirishima said.

"That might not be the case. Midoriya is always muttering and blurting out words like a machine gun. So he might confess to Bakugou unintendedly if he gets too nervous. One of the girls in the dating sim games I played before happens to be that type." Kaminari said seriously, placing a hand on his chin in a thinking manner.

"If only he can be this serious when it comes to studying..." Kirishima thought, sweat dropping at his friend's sudden change.

"Hey, I got a suggestion. Wanna hear it?" Ashido asked with a mischievous grin, earning both Kaminari and Kirishima's full attention.

-o-o-o-

This is the first time Katsuki is having such an awkward lunch with Izuku. Neither of them said a single word and the mood around them is... way too heavy. Much to his annoyance, he suddenly remember Todoroki's words.

"I don't draw things that aren't real."

"What I've just said is a hint and since you're smart, you should be able to figure it out by yourself."

Goddammit, fucking half-and-half bastard! He fucking know what those words means! He just... finds it hard to believe that Izuku actually has feelings for him. All these time, Izuku has been in love with him. Sure, Katsuki got a hunch that Izuku like him but he doesn't have enough hints to confirm it. And then Todoroki came in and slap the fucking 'hint' at him that comes in the form of a fucking shoujo magazine!

Fuck, he hate how Todoroki found out about it before him!

While Katsuki is happy, he couldn't believe that they drag it on for this long! Since they grew up together, Katsuki thought that he knew Izuku very well. But he never thought that Izuku would be this much of a fucking coward!

Not that Katsuki is any better because of his pride though...

Based on Todoroki's manga, there are countless of times where Izumi wanted to confess but pull back at the last minute. If not, it would be the 'almost confess but someone ruined it' situation! Just like what happened on the valentine day!

Screw it! If Izuku can't confess or is too embarrassed to confess to him, he SHALL be the one to confess and end this stupid game of them pinning over each other like idiots! Good thing is that the other two idiots isn't around right now. This could be a perfect chance for him to-

"Sorry to keep you waiting guys!" Kaminari slam open the door, wearing the biggest smile on his face with Kirishima behind him.

Fuck you, shitty Pik*chu...

But Katsuki'll let it go this time. Confessing to Izuku while they are still having lunch isn't the best timing. Not to mention that they are still at school, there are people who knows them and they could interrupt his love confession at anytime and anywhere. Izuku already had his love confession interrupted on valentine day and Katsuki isn't going to let that happen to him!

On a side note, why is Kaminari smiling so happily like that?

Something about that smile doesn't seems normal to Katsuki and he doesn't like it. Why does it feel like this dumb Pik*chu is plotting something? Nah... he must be thinking too much about it. Kaminari isn't smart enough to be plotting something.

-o-o-o-

If Katsuki knew that a smiling Kaminari would be the first sign that something is wrong, he should have question him about it during lunch time. As soon as their last lesson ends, Katsuki never thought that the first thing Kirishima and Kaminari told him would be... this kind of crap...

"I got something I need to tell you Bakugou. I won't be able to come over today to work because I got some personal stuff I need to do." Kirishima said, with a rarely seen serious face.

"Same with me Bakugou, I got a very important mission I need to do no matter what." Kaminari said, wearing the same serious expression as Kirishima.

"Hah?" Katsuki's brow twitches in annoyed.

"I'm going to get ran over by truck and go to an Isekai world."

Kirishima mentally facepalmed at Kaminari's excuse. There's a reason why they are telling Katsuki that they wouldn't be going over to his house to work on Lost Paradise. Ashido told them that they should leave Izuku and Katsuki alone today. Because knowing them, they won't be able to confess to each other as long as there are other people around.

Ashido also said the she got a feeling that Katsuki and Izuku wouldn't want to wait anymore longer after they know the truth. So one of them will surly confess to the other one as soon as they got the chance.

And now, because of Kaminari's 'excuse', there's no way that Katsuki would buy it and let him off. But after seeing the concerning look on Izuku's expression and how Katsuki stares at Kaminari in shock... maybe Kirishima can take it as a good sign?

"What the fuck, dunce face! Since when you're suicidal?!" Katsuki shouted.

"Eh? No, I was talking about-"

Izuku cuts Kaminari off when he suddenly approach him with a worrying look. "Kaminari-kun, if you're facing some kind of a problem, you can always talk to us about it. We're friends so we'll surly help you to get through it."

"No! I'm talking about my new RPG game!" Kaminari exclaimed.

"Now that you have it, please excuse us! We'll be taking our leave now!" Kirishima grabbed the back of Kaminari's collar and drag him out of the classroom before Katsuki can catch them.

Both Izuku and Katsuki turn to look at each other.

"What the fuck is wrong with them today?"

"I don't know."

-o-o-o-

Although they weren't able to go to school together this morning, Izuku's pleased that they can at least go back home together. While it is fun to go home with a group of friends, for the two of them to be alone like this is also pretty relaxing. How long has it been since they last spend time together like this-

Izuku stopped in his track and begin to look around for any sign of a heterochromia eyed guy with red and white hair. That's right... how could he forgot about it? No matter where Izuku and Katsuki is... there's a huge chance that Todoroki is also nearby!

They are currently walking down the street and this is a perfect place that has many hiding spot for Todoroki! It feels like Todoroki is going to send him a message at any time and that's kind of scary! Is he hiding inside one of the shops? In the dark alley? Or is he hiding behind a pole?!

Oddly enough, there wasn't many people today as the whole street is almost empty...

"Deku, I got something I need to tell you." Katsuki said.

Izuku snapped out of his thoughts and look at Katsuki. He widen his eyes is surprise when he saw how serious Katsuki is. He's not glaring or scowling like how he always does and this... is a whole new sight for Izuku.

"For a very long time, I've always wanted to say this to you but I couldn't. Thanks to my damn pride, I've wasted a few years because of it. But I won't waste any more time. Since you're too much of a 'Deku', I've decided that I'll be the one to say this so listen carefully."

Izuku can feel his face getting warm. He knew where this is going based on what Katsuki just said. This is it, this is actually happening. Even though Izuku knew the next words that Katsuki is going to say, he's getting more and more excited and nervous as the seconds passes by.

But at the same time, he's a little disappointed with himself. Katsuki has been waiting for Izuku to notice the hints that he left on their manga all these time and he wasn't even aware of it, which he feels really bad about it. So he thought that he'd be the one to confess first but Katsuki has already beaten him to it.

"I-"

At that moment, a motorbike speed pass them and successfully cut off the most important word in Katsuki's confession.

"-you."

And there was silent.

Does the gods up there hate them or what? Or was it the devil who has too much free time in his hands so he decided to mess with them?

Both side just stare at each other with the 'what the heck/fuck just happened?' look on their face. Then, Katsuki whipped around, flipped the driver off as he start to curse at the top of his lungs. "SON OF A BITCH! YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER! READ THE DAMN MOOD YOU SHIT HEAD!"

While Izuku is horrified at the words that Katsuki used, a small part of him is agreeing with the blond silently.

"Fuck, that totally kill the mood...!" Katsuki grumbled.

"T-then let's go somewhere else." Izuku lightly tugged at Katsuki's sleeve with a blush on his face. Their eyes met and Izuku look away shyly. "We can... continue it at a place where there's no people, cars or motorbikes around..."

Katsuki clicked his tongue but he wasn't against the idea of going somewhere else. The two of them continue to walk without exchanging words until they reach a small park.

It was the park that both of them used to hang around when they are kids. Thank god it was empty, not a single soul is to be seen. With the sun setting and casting a beautiful orangish color across the sky, it was somewhat romantic. Not the best but yeah, this will be a perfect location for them to confess. Without anyone to interrupt them this time.

"Deku, I-"

"No Kacchan, please let me say something as well..."

Katsuki looks like he's going to protest but he shuts his mouth, giving Izuku the permission to continue.

"Ever since we're young, you have always been a capable guy who is good at almost everything. You may say mean things but you're a really nice person at heart. You're a truly admirable person and I r-really like that part of you. S-so what I wanted to say is... is..."

Oh no, Izuku can feel his courage fading away. But he manage to say this much so he cannot back out now or else he'll never be able to improve and move forward! He'll always be the same stupid coward!

Taking a deep breath in, Izuku shut his eyes tightly and shouted. "I like you, Kacchan! Will you go out with me?"

Izuku can hear the wind blowing and the sound of the leaves rustling but, not a single word from Katsuki. Just when he thought that he messed up, he finally heard a sigh from the blond.

"You sneaky nerd, you said you wanted to say a few things but it turn into a love confession instead."

Opening his eyes in surprise, Izuku was greeted with a sight of Katsuki smiling at him. It wasn't a smirk but a victorious smile.

"But fucking finally."

"Eh?"

Before Izuku can react, Katsuki grabbed the collar of his uniform and pull him closer. The next thing he knew... is that their lips are locked together in a kiss.

"W-w-w-w-whaaaaaaaat?!" Izuku internally screamed. His head is spinning around in circle, both confused and overjoyed that he finally share his first kiss with his crush- wait a second! Since Izuku confess and Katsuki didn't reject him... does that means they are a real couple now?!

Oh god, this is a dream come true! Izuku is happy, so damn happy that he feel that he could faint from this overloading happiness!

On the other hand, Katsuki is controlling himself from turning a normal kiss into a French kiss, he has waiting this long for it after all. To be honest, this is his first time kissing someone. But he didn't kiss Izuku without knowing what he's supposed to do. Thanks to the games that Kaminari gave him, he had seen enough of how the characters kisses each other thanks to the 'extremely clear description' that shows up in the dialogue box. It is also because of that, he learned the difference between a normal kiss and a French kiss and how to do it.

While he was tempted to try a French kiss with Izuku, it might be too much for the nerd to handle. Katsuki soon release Izuku's collar and... wow, the poor nerd is staring at him with a dazed look while blushing so badly that his face is almost as red as an apple. And guess what? Katsuki fucking loves to see Izuku like this while being fully aware that he was the one who causes this reaction!

"K-K-K-K-Kacchan! W-what was that?!"

"What? Couples do these kind of things often! Don't tell me that you didn't know about it!"

"N-No! It was so sudden t-that I get to... well, y-you know... savour it..." Izuku trailed off as he lower his gaze to ground.

Goddammit! Katsuki knew that he said this before but is there any limit to how cute this stupid nerd can get?!

Either way, this is fucking great! Izuku is asking for a second kiss and there's no way that Katsuki would deny that request from his boyfriend... yes, his boyfriend... his nerd! His Izuku! Fuck yeah! They are a couple now! This is the best fucking day ever!

"Hah, getting greedy aren't you?" Katsuki teased.

If it was possible for Izuku to turn anymore redder, he definitely would. Without another word, Katsuki lean in for a second kiss and this time, their kiss lasted longer than the first one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 82 11
(boy X boy)(Bakudeku) (Warning: there could be mature themes and some blood) Third year at UA. Bakugo and Midoriya finally left in the past their fi...
1.1M 31K 39
RANK #1 IN BAKUDEKU ON 12.4.22 ๐Ÿ“ Izuku Midoriya is just a useless kid without a quirk. Bakugo Katsuki is a ticking time bomb aiming for the top. W...
55.9K 1.6K 38
This is an alternative ending, starting after Katsuki being rescued from the League of Villains. Our explosive blond suffered some injuries and hasn'...
393K 14.4K 83
Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugo has always had a rough relationship, to say the least. Katsuki always hated Izuku, or as he calls him, "Deku", for...